blade vs bloodscream

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Castle
ko, kill forum rules.. you all know the rules

King Castle
bumpity bump

YFZ 350
Not sure because I don't know alot about Bloodscream. What are his feats?

jinzin
Blade most likely. I don't see how Bloodscream will win a straight up fight.

King Castle
Originally posted by YFZ 350
Not sure because I don't know alot about Bloodscream. What are his feats? bloodscream is a psuedo Vampire much in the same way that Blade is a pseudo Dhampir/Vampire without actually being either...all their strength and then some and none of their weaknesses

Bloodscream consistently fights Wolverine.

here:

http://killermovies.wikispaces.com/Bloodscream

YFZ 350
Well if jinzin don't he can beat Blade I guess don't either.

King Castle
Jinzin why dont you think Bloodscream can beat Blade, is it the Blood vial tactic you think will lock him in the win?

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by King Castle
Jinzin why dont you think Bloodscream can beat Blade, is it the Blood vial tactic you think will lock him in the win?
lol thats not standard equipment, nor would it work lol.

jinzin
laughing out loud

Nah... the most I've ever seen Bloodscream use his energy sucking/blood letting technique has been during sneak attacks. Aside from looking wicked scary at times he doesn't actually do much to impress... Most of his Wolverine encounters are one way ass kickings, and to be honest, while he may not go down to Blade's swords through stabbings, Blade can still lop his limbs off, and I haven't seen the skill/speed/etc necessary to make me think anything else would happen in a fight between the two.

If he tries to engage Blade close up he'll get cut, sliced and gutted. His chances of grabbing hold of Blade before he loses a limb are slim at best.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by jinzin
laughing out loud

Nah... the most I've ever seen Bloodscream use his energy sucking/blood letting technique has been during sneak attacks. Aside from looking wicked scary at times he doesn't actually do much to impress... Most of his Wolverine encounters are one way ass kickings, and to be honest, while he may not go down to Blade's swords through stabbings, Blade can still lop his limbs off, and I haven't seen the skill/speed/etc necessary to make me think anything else would happen in a fight between the two.

If he tries to engage Blade close up he'll get cut, sliced and gutted. His chances of grabbing hold of Blade before he loses a limb are slim at best.
I agree.

King Castle
i'm just poking fun of the blade arguments in forums... i figure if i am the one to throw it out there no one else will do it later when they see the argument.

but, it will paralyze BS as he fights off the infection even though he is immune his healing factor will keep him from moving while it purges out the blood and blade can then stake him while he is open to an attack.

jinzin
lol I know... but your tactics won't cure them. trust me.

Dum Dum Dugan
hahahaha so true, but jinzin right it wont work.

King Castle
normally with one time attacks i view them as a freebie win 1/10 just to get out of the way and focus on the rest.. rather then saying he will put it out 10/10 or 9/10....

or i just dont bother to acknowledge it.. especially if it is planned attack it just dont work in a forum fight..

imagine if we started using wolverine pulling out his muramasa sword in every fight and his werewolf gear b/c we saw him pull the sh$# out on panel once.

srankmissingnin
Unless Blade presses his own ammo and being half vampire is enough of a loop hole around "no human made weapon can kill me," then Bloodscream should win.

jinzin
Blade doesn't have to kill Bloodscream to make him quite... like any of the times Wolverine has gut checked him or when he cut his hands off.

King Castle
but wolverine used his bone claws to bypass his curse and bloodscream's own sword to cut his hands negating the curse since the sword was made by bloodscream who no longer qualifies as mortal..

and their famous harley sword fight logan used the yashida family sword forged by a demon...

snoopdogg
Blade's been known to pull a magical weapon out of his arsenal frequently. He made a Duke of Hell flee with a magical paper sword.

Deadline
^ not sure if thats standard though, he did say he was an expert on demons as well.

Dum Dum Dugan
it been magical is irrelevent.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Deadline
^ not sure if thats standard though, he did say he was an expert on demons as well. With a character like Blade who knows what standard is. When he fought Plotka he had no idea he was going to run into him.

jinzin
but wolverine used his bone claws to bypass his curse and bloodscream's own sword to cut his hands negating the curse since the sword was made by bloodscream who no longer qualifies as mortal..

and their famous harley sword fight logan used the yashida family sword forged by a demon...

Wait.... So do you think he couldn't be de-limbed by a regular sword? Besides Wolverine's damaged him with his adamantium claws too.
He may not be able to be KILLED by a man made weopon but it looks like he can defo be hurt by one.

jinzin
Originally posted by snoopdogg
With a character like Blade who knows what standard is. When he fought Plotka he had no idea he was going to run into him. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dum Dum Dugan
Wait.... So do you think he couldn't be de-limbed by a regular sword? Besides Wolverine's damaged him with his adamantium claws too.
He may not be able to be KILLED by a man made weopon but it looks like he can defo be hurt by one.
true, but it seems that it greatly slows his healing factor when he hit by weapons made by immortals or not mortals compared to normal levels.

Deadline
With a character like Blade who knows what standard is. When he fought Plotka he had no idea he was going to run into him.

Good point.

Dum Dum Dugan
roll eyes (sarcastic)
honestly love how they pretend not to know what a plot device is lol.

Deadline
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Don't remember Plokta announcing himself to the team, could be wrong.

snoopdogg
Don't remember Plokta announcing himself to the team, could be wrong. Exactly, Blade had no idea he was up against Plotka until after he saw him.

Deadline
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
honestly love how they pretend not to know what a plot device is lol.

Being prepared is a plot device, oh ok. You can call it what you like.

srankmissingnin
Blade doesn't have to kill Bloodscream to make him quite... like any of the times Wolverine has gut checked him or when he cut his hands off.

He has also shrugged off decapitation and kept fighting.

King Castle
He may not be able to be KILLED by a man made weapon but it looks like he can defo be hurt by one. nah, he can, i just think his regeneration takes a massive dive when its a magic non man made weapon..

Dum Dum Dugan
Being prepared is a plot device, oh ok. You can call it what you like.
it is when you never shown that item before, but randomly have it jsut when you need it.......it called a plot device....no different then when spidermna fights sand man and bam they just happen to be near a water sources or they hit an unground sping during the fight ect. It a plot device.

to try and pretend any stupid item blade pulled out in his long history as standard equipment is absurd. If that was allowed on the boards, batman would be a friggin high meta easy.

jinzin
Don't remember Plokta announcing himself to the team, could be wrong.

It's just the presumption that Blade doesn't make use of plot devices and instead has this stuff as normal gear/equiptment.

Like DDD said it's ridiculous.

It's like saying Batman's infamous shark repellent was good writing and not a plot device because "you never know what's standard eqiptment for batman".... it's a disengenous argument IMO...

I think we can all agree that Blade will typically bring guns, bullets, silver bullets, stakes, knives, and swords to any given fight, maybe kevlar and armor too... Everything beyond that is a bit of a stretch to call standard gear for him.

Besides.. the one example he's citing is against a villain who's name literally sounds like Plot...

jinzin
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
He has also shrugged off decapitation and kept fighting. To what degree? I haven't actually seen that fight.

snoopdogg
If he can fight while being decapitated that's a hard one to overcome.

jinzin
Why?
Blade just goes for limbs... even if he can keep fighting it'll be much harder without an arm or leg.

snoopdogg
I suppose.

Deadline
It's just the presumption that Blade doesn't make use of plot devices and instead has this stuff as normal gear/equiptment.

Like DDD said it's ridiculous.

It's like saying Batman's infamous shark repellent was good writing and not a plot device because "you never know what's standard eqiptment for batman".... it's a disengenous argument IMO...

I think we can all agree that Blade will typically bring guns, bullets, silver bullets, stakes, knives, and swords to any given fight, maybe kevlar and armor too... Everything beyond that is a bit of a stretch to call standard gear for him.

Besides.. the one example he's citing is against a villain who's name literally sounds like Plot...

Doesn't matter wether its good writing or not. Blade in that arc stated he was n expert on demons and proved it. Hell lets not forget he was a member of the Nighstalkers as well and equipped himself with shit that wasn't just for vamps. So theres more than one example.

it is when you never shown that item before, but randomly have it jsut when you need it.......it called a plot device....no different then when spidermna fights sand man and bam they just happen to be near a water sources or they hit an unground sping during the fight ect. It a plot device.

to try and pretend any stupid item blade pulled out in his long history as standard equipment is absurd. If that was allowed on the boards, batman would be a friggin high meta easy.

You missed the point, were not saying its standard were arguign he might have some others hit with him. No thats not the samething

snoopdogg
In X-Men he had those magical bolas that even Dr. Nemesis couldn't figure out how they worked.

Deadline
In X-Men he had those magical bolas that even Dr. Nemesis couldn't figure out how they worked.

Yea that pretty much kills the argument then. Furthermore in Blade issue 1 1994 wasn't he carrying all sorts of other magical shit, like on his bike as well?

snoopdogg
Yea that pretty much kills the argument then. Furthermore in Blade issue 1 1994 wasn't he carrying all sorts of other magical shit, like on his bike as well? He had a magical sword called Cathari or something like that. I can't recall what ever happened to that.

Dum Dum Dugan
Yea that pretty much kills the argument then. Furthermore in Blade issue 1 1994 wasn't he carrying all sorts of other magical shit, like on his bike as well?
How does that kill the arguement? You do understand magical items don't matter right? Thats not his weekness. It who the items were created by which matters.

jinzin
Doesn't matter wether its good writing or not. Blade in that arc stated he was n expert on demons and proved it. Hell lets not forget he was a member of the Nighstalkers as well and equipped himself with shit that wasn't just for vamps. So theres more than one example.
I'm not even arguing his expertise in the supernatural.. just making a statement about his "standard gear" and the difference between being realistic about just what that is, and being unable to identify a plot device when it comes outa no where.

Deadline
How does that kill the arguement? You do understand magical items don't matter right? Thats not his weekness. It who the items were created by which matters.

A magical weapon designed to kill supernatural beings is going to hurt or kill him isn't it?

I'm not even arguing his expertise in the supernatural.. just making a statement about his "standard gear" and the difference between being realistic about just what that is, and being unable to identify a plot device when it comes outa no where.

Your missing the point. The point of the quote wasn't jsut that he was an expert its that and the fact weve seen him over the years and more recently carrying all sorts of supernatural shit, so that suggests that he will be carrying something.

jinzin
Your missing the point. The point of the quote wasn't jsut that he was an expert its that and the fact weve seen him over the years and more recently carrying all sorts of supernatural shit, so that suggests that he will be carrying something.

No I adressed the point directly.

His "standard gear" is what he uses a typical amount of the time.

Everything else falls under the distinction left by those who can't interpret a plot device when it's in plain sight... whether there's some degree of suggestion there or not..

Even his examples are......

How often has Blade used bolo's?..... erm

Dum Dum Dugan
A magical weapon designed to kill supernatural beings is going to hurt or kill him isn't it?

Not any more then any normal weapon. Your trying to pretend all super natural beings are the same, with the same weaknesses which is far from true. We know what bloodscream weakness is and been stated several times. Item being magical is no his weakness at all.

Deadline
No I adressed the point directly.

His "standard gear" is what he uses a typical amount of the time.

Everything else falls under the distinction left by those who can't interpret a plot device when it's in plain sight... whether there's some degree of suggestion there or not..

Even his examples are......

How often has Blade used bolo's?..... erm

You're missing the point. Noit arguing hes going to be using bolos arguing that hes going to have something. Its tough shit wether you think its a plot device fact is he carrys all sorts of shit on him.

Not any more then any normal weapon. Your trying to pretend all super natural beings are the same, with the same weaknesses which is far from true. We know what bloodscream weakness is and been stated several times. Item being magical is no his weakness at all.

I was asking a question. Whats his weakness?

King Castle
weapon has to be by non mortal means which means, gods, demons, immortals possibly aliens... it doesnt matter if it is made by a sorcerer or not it will not work it has to fit in the loophole.

the yashida sword is made of a meteorite and forged by a demon a none mortal man made material...

if it was made by the stephen strange with adamantium or vibranium it still wouldnt work on him when it comes to killing him

Dum Dum Dugan

I was asking a question. Whats his weakness?
sorry, though it was a statement. Weakness is weapon made by non mortal borns.

Deadline
weapon has to be by non mortal means which means, gods, demons, immortals possibly aliens... it doesnt matter if it is made by a sorcerer or not it will not work it has to fit in the loophole.

the yashida sword is made of a meteorite and forged by a demon a none mortal man made material...

if it was made by the stephen strange with adamantium or vibranium it still wouldnt work on him when it comes to killing him

You sure your not taking it too literially?

King Castle
its bn shown on panel repeatedly... wolverines adamantium claws dont work he immediately heals as the cut is made and are all non mortal wounds.

he has survived decapitation and kept on fighting without a head.

its bn shown on panel when he is injured it was done via non mortal weapons/materials...

even going as far as wolverine using bloodscreams own swords against him.. the reason they worked on bloodscream is b/c bloodscream forged his own weapons and by his own curse he is no longer mortal..

think of the curse as the wendigo curse... it can take damage and be temporarily injured but he will eventually regenerate..

even the loophole in his curse is not permanent it is only temporary death for bloodscream... when wolverine sliced Bloodscream from crotch to sternum bloodscream regenerated and came back to life a few days later....

Deadline
its bn shown on panel repeatedly... wolverines adamantium claws dont work he immediately heals as the cut is made and are all non mortal wounds.

he has survived decapitation and kept on fighting without a head.

its bn shown on panel when he is injured it was done via non mortal weapons/materials...

even going as far as wolverine using bloodscreams own swords against him.. the reason they worked on bloodscream is b/c bloodscream forged his own weapons and by his own curse he is no longer mortal..

think of the curse as the wendigo curse... it can take damage and be temporarily injured but he will eventually regenerate..

even the loophole in his curse is not permanent it is only temporary death for bloodscream... when wolverine sliced Bloodscream from crotch to sternum bloodscream regenerated and came back to life a few days later....

1. Even if its true he can certainly get ****ed up by mortal weapons.
2. None of that conclusively proves the statement, all it proves is that he has a very powerful HF. Don't have that miuch of a problem with it just pointing that out.

King Castle
so fighting without a head and functioning just proves he has a good healing factor?

the dude has superhuman strength, HF able to shape shift morph to even a bigger baddie, wields duo swords.. able to draw out one's blood with a touch turn ppl into zombies or mind control.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/10069/558847-bloodscream_01.jpg

and he has not been f#$#ed up by any mortal weapon as of yet on panel.. the dude just keeps on trucking..

http://www.comixology.com/previews/MAR092533/

jinzin
You're missing the point. Noit arguing hes going to be using bolos arguing that hes going to have something. Its tough shit wether you think its a plot device fact is he carrys all sorts of shit on him.
No it's not tough shit.... It's a plot device. That's the difference between STANDARD equiptment and non standard e.q.

BTW: Are we giving up on the whole civil thing? I thought we were making head-way here. confused

snoopdogg
so fighting without a head and functioning just proves he has a good healing factor?

the dude has superhuman strength, HF able to shape shift morph to even a bigger baddie, wields duo swords.. able to draw out one's blood with a touch turn ppl into zombies or mind control.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/10069/558847-bloodscream_01.jpg

and he has not been f#$#ed up by any mortal weapon as of yet on panel.. the dude just keeps on trucking..

http://www.comixology.com/previews/MAR092533/ The ability to fight without your head is impressive as I've already stated, but as jinzin stated it's hard to fight without your arms and legs.

jinzin

http://www.comixology.com/previews/MAR092533/ Pretty sure Wolverine dropped him one of the first times they met with his Adamantium claws.

King Castle
Pretty sure Wolverine dropped him one of the first times they met with his Adamantium claws. are you referring to wolverine # 6

Wolverine snuck in to general coys and the prince meeting at the prince mansion.. he speed blizt stealth clawed Blood scream.

blood scream grabbed his throat not sure what happen as he fell over and roughouse went to the attack as soon as he saw logan..

Bloodscream then got back up and lunged at Wolverine only to get interrupted by jessica who he fought for a while and then tried to get to wolverine but again was stopped by jessica's friend in the armored alien suit made by LL and L?

jinzin
Yeah. He hit the floor dude. That's damaged.

King Castle
he was down for a few seconds tops and was back in the game.. it was nothing but shock of the attack.. besides we have a scan of Blood scream doing better then that..

and back to your original point if Bloodscream could get amputated not saying he cant Wolverine would have done it already due to bloodscreams spindly arms. one of the reasons i see being difficult to do is his superhuman stats and reaction good fighting skills and healing factor and when it is all said and done those are some really good reasons not to get an arm lobbed off especially when he has two swords to defend against and parry...

even selectively taking a certain stab or slash just to get an opening that he can capitalize on and stab or slash his opponent who cant survive the similar damage output..

jinzin
He was down long enough to capitalize significantly on in any given one on one scenario. The point was that he can be hurt by man-made weaponry, the example proves that point.

Yes, we have one example of him fighting without a head, but that isn't proof that the same damage to his body center mass wouldn't damage him... It could just be a high end showing. OR it could be evidence that damage to his torso is a more effective way of dealing with Bloodscream than taking off his head... Which, certainly seems to be consistent with at least some immortal mythology.
Furthermore it's proof that he can be de-limbed with a Blade. It doesn't have to be his own.

I didn't see any uber swordsmanship with Scream when Wolverine casually took both of his hands while managing Vermin at the same time.

I haven't seena anything from Bloodscream to suggest he can hang with Blade in a sword duel. Having an arm/hand/etc get lopped off is definitely going to be an inconvenience and it's one that I can 1) see Blade pulling off. and 2) will make it near impossible for him (Scream) to win.

jinzin
oops.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.