Predator crew: New v. Old

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

McNasty996
To see who is worthy for the hunt the predators set up royce and his crew against dutch and his crew in the same enviornment as predators.
Who comes out as the baddest mercenary unit?

Royces Crew:
Royce
Isabella
Nikoli
Stans
Mombosa
Chuchillo
Nolland (w/o camo )

vs.

Dutches Crew:
Dutch
Dillion
Mack
Blain
Billy Sole
Poncho
Rick hawkins

Everyone has the equipment they were shown using in thier film.

Rogue Jedi
Isabelle solos.

Lestov16
As much as I loved the new Predator, I think Dutch's crew will take this

Rogue Jedi
How? Isabelle will pick them off long range. Dutch's tea, has no chance.

Lestov16
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
How? Isabelle will pick them off long range. Dutch's tea, has no chance.

IIRC, She only made one long range shot, and she missed

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Lestov16
IIRC, She only made one long range shot, and she missed She was firing at that creature the Preds loosed while it was on the run. It moved ten times faster than any human can. 7 humans with heavy weapons, yeah, she'll nail them easily.

steverules_2
People are forgetting that she was able to nail the pred dogs

jinXed by JaNx
Dutchs' crew are all highly experienced soldiers that have fought together many times over the years. That experience garners them the victory.

the ninjak
Dutch's crew ain't falling for no sniper fire. They flank and destroy.

-Pr-
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Dutchs' crew are all highly experienced soldiers that have fought together many times over the years. That experience garners them the victory.

thumb up

yep. more organised, better teamwork etc.

plus, Dutch is a real advantage imo.

BruceSkywalker
Dutch's crew is far better than Royce's crew

RE: Blaxican
"Better teamwork?" "More organized"? They were running around like chickens with their heads cut off purely because they were being killed by an enemy that they couldn't see. That's specifically a snipers MO. I agree with RJ, Isabella can solo.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by the ninjak
Dutch's crew ain't falling for no sniper fire. They flank and destroy. "Dutch's crew ain't falling for no sniper fire?" Orly? Isabelle is a black ops sniper, dude. That means she can kick some ****in ass.

Sniper rifle. You know what that is? It's a really cool gun that shoots from ranges up to and over a mile out.

Dutch's team never gets close enough to Royces team. Royce and the others sit back and smoke a bowl as Isabelle solos.

/thread.

Kaibs
"Dutch's crew ain't falling for no sniper fire?" Orly? Isabelle is a black ops sniper, dude. That means she can kick some ****in ass.

Sniper rifle. You know what that is? It's a really cool gun that shoots from ranges up to and over a mile out.

Dutch's team never gets close enough to Royces team. Royce and the others sit back and smoke a bowl as Isabelle solos.

/thread.

According to rules you can't go off of assumptions of their occupations man. You know thisssss. It's feats that prove the victory.

However I will give you credit for trying to bring military prowess into this.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Kaibs
According to rules you can't go off of assumptions of their occupations man. You know thisssss. It's feats that prove the victory.

However I will give you credit for trying to bring military prowess into this. You can, however, go with what is implied. Isabelle was a Black Ops sniper, trained by the CIA. She has a high powered sniper rifle. You really think she'll have problems tagging Dutch and his mates from hundreds of yards away?

IF Dutch and his team can avoid her sniper fire raining down on them from up to and beyond a mile out, then they pwn. Not gonna happen though.

Kaibs
You can, however, go with what is implied. Isabelle was a Black Ops sniper, trained by the CIA. She has a high powered sniper rifle. You really think she'll have problems tagging Dutch and his mates from hundreds of yards away?

IF Dutch and his team can avoid her sniper fire raining down on them from up to and beyond a mile out, then they pwn. Not gonna happen though.

First of all, it's not exactly called "black ops" from the CIA, so get that right at least. Secondly, Special Forces snipers are a bit better than CIA trained snipers. It does however depend as well. There are also a couple of factors to think about too. This takes place on the newest predators timeline ja? If it does then that means Dutch's special forces team has advanced training into the present (which is way better today than it was in the 80s.)

First of all, it's not exactly called "black ops" from the CIA, so get that right at least. Secondly, Special Forces snipers are a bit better than CIA trained snipers. http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2010/04/20/predators-isabelle-feature/

Regardless of what makes sense or doesn't, the writers of the movie are primary canon. And, according to the writer of the movie she's pretty much the absolute best of the best most highly trained sniper you can get, complete with a nigh sixth sense "gift".

Her competence isn't in question here.

I do agree that that the setting may work against her though, frankly that could go either way.

Rogue Jedi
First of all, it's not exactly called "black ops" from the CIA, so get that right at least. Secondly, Special Forces snipers are a bit better than CIA trained snipers. It does however depend as well. There are also a couple of factors to think about too. This takes place on the newest predators timeline ja? If it does then that means Dutch's special forces team has advanced training into the present (which is way better today than it was in the 80s.) She was with the Isreali Defense Force before being trained by the CIA.

"I don't recognize this jungle, and I've seen most." She has been in almost every jungle in the world, dude. Also, she carries the same sniper rifle that Agent 47 did. It can make shots from TWO miles away.

So.....Dutch and his crew have to somehow:

Pull a matrix move and dodge her bullets while making their way to Royce and his team over a distance of two miles.

Then they have to deal with the minigun wielding Russian (Spetznatz Alpha group)

Cuchillo and his twin uzis.

Hanzo.

The SLRU guy.

Noland (who is U.S. AirCav) and his alien weaponry. He has been onplanet for ten seasons, his familiarity with the territory is invaluable here.

Not to mention the booby traps that Royce will set. And yes, Royce is ****in uber at setting booby traps. How do we know? "The trunk was a dead-fall. The rule of thumb with a dead-fall is that you set the weight five times that of the target animal. Whatever it was got through the trip-wires and did this." He has claymores and grenades to work with too.

Dutch and his team must do all of this AND dodge Isaballe's two mile out sniping...Yeah, they can do that roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lestov16
Ok this is not fair. I vote that Isabelle is taken out

Rogue Jedi
She's an Elite sniper, man. She has what the recruiters call "the gift", the ability to slow her heart and pulse rate. Yeah, with her in the mix, Dutch and his team are screwed.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
"Better teamwork?" "More organized"? They were running around like chickens with their heads cut off purely because they were being killed by an enemy that they couldn't see. That's specifically a snipers MO. I agree with RJ, Isabella can solo.

Until you have some idea of what you're fighting you have no option other than to run around like a chicken with your head cut off. Either way, that's simply not true. It really wasn't until they learned what they were fighting that they started running around like headless chickens. Royces crew essentially employed the exact same type of tactics that Dutchs crew used. I just think they're better soldiers and their experience fighting together means a lot.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Until you have some idea of what you're fighting you have no option other than to run around like a chicken with your head cut off. Either way, that's simply not true. It really wasn't until they learned what they were fighting that they started running around like headless chickens. Royces crew essentially employed the exact same type of tactics that Dutchs crew used. I just think they're better soldiers and their experience fighting together means a lot. Did you miss everything that Blax said? They cannot SEE Isabelle. She has a rifle that can take them out from TWO MILES away. How are they gonna get close enough to even put a dent in Royce's team?

They can't.

They die.

In a close quarters battle, yeah, Dutch and his crew pwn. But not here.

Placidity
She was firing at that creature the Preds loosed while it was on the run. It moved ten times faster than any human can.

No where near ten times. Thats genuine superspeed at a pretty high level.

Still one hell of a feat. It was moving faster than they were and was moving perpendicular to her (which is the hardest shot to make since you have to lead the target) and she still managed to not only hit it, but headshot it. Pretty impressive. Not that that really has anything to do with what you're saying.

NemeBro
I fail to see where they start off two miles away from eachother.

y-yeah...

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by NemeBro
I fail to see where they start off two miles away from eachother. So it's a shootout at the OK Corral? Fine. Nikolai and Blane shred everyone, then turn their weapons on each other.

Nikolai was faster than Blane and actually used cover while firing, and his Mini was smaller.

Nikolai solos.

Next question.

-Pr-

They were pretty organised when they took out those guerillas.

Plus, i'd be very surprised if they couldn't deal with one sniper. they are black ops troops themselves.

They spent the entire movie getting their asses kicked by a sniper.

Rogue Jedi
/thread.

-Pr-

A Predator sniper with a plasma cannon and camouflage.

Don't try to say it's the same as Isabelle. it isn't.

It's not the same. As far as "stealth" is concerned, a sniper rifle round is > a plasma cannon and standing 100 feet away from someone using camouflage that doesn't even work if your target looks at you hard enough is < standing 1200 feet away concealed in some bush somewhere.

Lestov16
Still one hell of a feat. It was moving faster than they were and was moving perpendicular to her (which is the hardest shot to make since you have to lead the target) and she still managed to not only hit it, but headshot it. Pretty impressive. Not that that really has anything to do with what you're saying.

......What? confused She missed....

If she missed the serial killer brain surgeon would have been dead. no expression

Hmm...

I do remember some scene where she missed though. Can't remember if it was that scene or later when they find Lawrence Fishbourne.

I'm pretty sure it's later.

Lestov16
If she missed the serial killer brain surgeon would have been dead. no expression

Noland killed him

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Lestov16
......What? confused She missed.... She hit the Preddog in the opening fight. She missed the other creature when using Edwin as bait. Both shots were of about equal difficulty.

Lestov16
She hit the Preddog in the opening fight. She missed the other creature when using Edwin as bait. Both shots were of about equal difficulty.

I had a feeling he was talking about that. big grin

Mr. Rhythmic

Hmm...

I do remember some scene where she missed though. Can't remember if it was that scene or later when they find Lawrence Fishbourne.

I'm pretty sure it's later.

Wrong. It WAS that scene. She missed the creature.

Mr. Rhythmic
I'm going with Dutch's team. Those were some hardcore mofos.

Rogue Jedi
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight roll eyes (sarcastic)

Buncha DEAD mofo's.

I was talking about this scene, you imbeciles. At 2:14.

So Mr. Rhythmic and Lestov can kiss my black ass. ahah Blaxican is always right!

Lestov16

So Mr. Rhythmic and Lestov can kiss my black ass. ahah Blaxican is always right!

My mother always taught me that if the only thing you have to say is something mean then don't say anything at all. So if I wanted to say something like, say, 'Eat a cock Blaxican, and kiss my black ass' or nothing at all, then I don't say anything at all. Is my mother the greatest or what?

Mr. Rhythmic

Blaxican apparently never leaves the house, and needs to take a chill pill when it comes to movies.

Is that advice given from personal experience? Don't answer that. I already know it's yes. vin

Mr. Rhythmic
Is that advice given from personal experience? Don't answer that. I already know it's yes. vin

Oh, sorry I didn't respond sooner. I was out with friends in the real world talking about things that are actually significant enough to be serious on them.

But you don't have any friends.

-Pr-
It's not the same. As far as "stealth" is concerned, a sniper rifle round is > a plasma cannon and standing 100 feet away from someone using camouflage that doesn't even work if your target looks at you hard enough is < standing 1200 feet away concealed in some bush somewhere.

they would recognise a sniper though.

a big blue ball of energy would be a different thing altogether.

the first act of the predator movie spends the time building up arnie's team as the best in the business. yet we're supposed to believe that if they go up againist isabella, they're all going to get picked off like newbs?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by -Pr-
they would recognise a sniper though.

a big blue ball of energy would be a different thing altogether.

the first act of the predator movie spends the time building up arnie's team as the best in the business. yet we're supposed to believe that if they go up againist isabella, they're all going to get picked off like newbs? So they recognize the sniper, and? How they gonna get close enough to take her out?

Isabelle sets up in a nest while Royce lays out booby traps galore. As Dutch's team nears, they die one of three ways:

1. Isabelle picks them off like flies from a mile out.

2. They fall to booby traps. If Dutch and his team detect the booby traps, they are gonna need time to bypass them. As they do so, Isabelle easily snipes them.

3. Royce and the others cap them.

Doesn't matter how good Dutch's team is, they have literally no means to counter Isabelle's ability to snipe them from a mile out. Two miles even.

Placidity
Arnold's team would fall back to an area where the sniper would not have a line of sight.

If Isabelle is 1200 feet away, that'll make her useless for the rest of the fight.

Placidity
So they recognize the sniper, and? How they gonna get close enough to take her out?

Isabelle sets up in a nest while Royce lays out booby traps galore. As Dutch's team nears, they die one of three ways:

1. Isabelle picks them off like flies from a mile out.

2. They fall to booby traps. If Dutch and his team detect the booby traps, they are gonna need time to bypass them. As they do so, Isabelle easily snipes them.

3. Royce and the others cap them.

Doesn't matter how good Dutch's team is, they have literally no means to counter Isabelle's ability to snipe them from a mile out. Two miles even.

Dutch's team can do the same shit. Make traps and wait for the enemy to come. The scripting is lame.

Also, I didn't know Isabelle's rifle came with an xray vision and infrared scope that lets her detect people from that far away and then see through the jungle bush.

If anything, Dutch's team will get the drop on them cause they have an expert tracker.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Placidity
Arnold's team would fall back to an area where the sniper would not have a line of sight.

If Isabelle is 1200 feet away, that'll make her useless for the rest of the fight.

So both teams just wait for the other to come to them, yeah? Nah. Isabelle is an ace sniper. Snipers can wait as long as they need to for their targets. Hours, even days. Eventually Dutch and his team will make a move, and she'll be there to pick them off. There really is no way around that.

Right after Royce saves her from the stake pit, the two of them go back to back, giving the area a quick scan. She spots the dead American soldier. "110 meters, 12'O'clock." 110 meters is over 120 yards, dude. She saw through all the thick jungle 120 yards and picked out a man dressed in full camo and covered in dirt. She did this while giving the area a 360 degrees quick scan in about 5 seconds. If she is in a nest, taking her time, well, use your imagination.

Dutch's team can do the same shit. Make traps and wait for the enemy to come. The scripting is lame.

Also, I didn't know Isabelle's rifle came with an xray vision and infrared scope that lets her detect people from that far away and then see through the jungle bush.

If anything, Dutch's team will get the drop on them cause they have an expert tracker.

So Royce and his team are a few hundred yards ahead of her. And when they engage Dutch and his team, Isabelle sets up from hundreds of yards off and takes them out. If Billy tries to track them, he's gonna get a claymore up his ass.

Placidity
So both teams just wait for the other to come to them, yeah? Nah. Isabelle is an ace sniper. Snipers can wait as long as they need to for their targets. Hours, even days. Eventually Dutch and his team will make a move, and she'll be there to pick them off. There really is no way around that.

Right after Royce saves her from the stake pit, the two of them go back to back, giving the area a quick scan. She spots the dead American soldier. "110 meters, 12'O'clock." 110 meters is over 120 yards, dude. She saw through all the thick jungle 120 yards and picked out a man dressed in full camo and covered in dirt. She did this while giving the area a 360 degrees quick scan in about 5 seconds. If she is in a nest, taking her time, well, use your imagination.

So Royce and his team are a few hundred yards ahead of her. And when they engage Dutch and his team, Isabelle sets up from hundreds of yards off and takes them out. If Billy tries to track them, he's gonna get a claymore up his ass.

Just more scripting for the team you want to win.

So I said Dutch's team can set traps and lie in wait too, and your response was, 'nah Dutch will eventually move'.

Also, the scene you said was just one area shown during the movie, there were parts where there was dense forests. Dutch will use those as cover and not expose his team in the open. Also, Isabelle waiting there for days? You know the battlefield is like the whole planet right? She could lie there till she dies of old age.

Realistically? Both teams will look for the other, and engage in combat when they do.

Rogue Jedi
Just more scripting for the team you want to win.

So I said Dutch's team can set traps and lie in wait too, and your response was, 'nah Dutch will eventually move'.

Also, the scene you said was just one area shown during the movie, there were parts where there was dense forests. Dutch will use those as cover and not expose his team in the open. Also, Isabelle waiting there for days? You know the battlefield is like the whole planet right? She could lie there till she dies of old age.

Realistically? Both teams will look for the other, and engage in combat when they do. See, you're not getting it. Dutch's team will HAVE to move to get at Royce and his team. Royce, knowing he has an ace sniper, won't have to move. It's not scripting, it's just facts.

zoeyy
hey guys does anyone watch the x factor the other day

zoeyy
heyya do u watch vampire diares its like soo coool

Placidity
See, you're not getting it. Dutch's team will HAVE to move to get at Royce and his team. Royce, knowing he has an ace sniper, won't have to move. It's not scripting, it's just facts.

Yeah, okay. that makes no sense at all. You know that right?

Also, Dutch's team are much more elite than Royce's team based on what is shown on-screen. Dutch's team took out the terrorists with top notch efficiency, coordination and teamwork, something Royce's team does not have.

Placidity
Originally posted by zoeyy
heyya do u watch vampire diares its like soo coool

yes.

You can discuss it here:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f36/t516345.html

zoeyy
i sent u a message is it true your 12 placity

zoeyy
yh but like people on here are lik,e 20 +

zoeyy
im stcuk in 4 th lesson and it shittttt so bored and split upo with ma boyfrend iza sad girlll sad

Placidity
i sent u a message is it true your 12 placity

yes its true.

yh but like people on here are lik,e 20 +

yea, but thers also like not 20+ peoples too. I think they hang out in the harry potter forums.

Placidity
im stcuk in 4 th lesson and it shittttt so bored and split upo with ma boyfrend iza sad girlll sad

yea, thats really bad and stuff.

zoeyy
r u 12 xx

zoeyy
ur english is very good u now if u are from germay xx

Placidity
r u 12 xx

yes, i already said i am. are u silly or something. LOL.

ur english is very good u now if u are from germay xx

yea, i get a+ in english class. i'm pretty good at drawing and PE class too.

zoeyy
oh well but ur like on ma buddy list send me a message im bnooereeeeed

zoeyy
sorry im just pissed offf i dont like being single xx

Placidity
oh well but ur like on ma buddy list send me a message im bnooereeeeed

i dont really like sending messages, but I think you're a pretty cool dude and not afraid of anything.

anyway, i have bed time now.

zoeyy
what lesson are u in then im in vpcational dimploma im yr 10

Placidity
sorry im just pissed offf i dont like being single xx

well im sure you find someone else. theres probably many other kids at ur school and stuff. you just got to wait until your heart tells u who the right one is.

thats what i heard from a movie anyway.

zoeyy
yh i ****ing am if anyone picks on ma mates i will nock um tio the ****ing ground mate say if someone was slagging u off i would gi=ve them abuse lol

zoeyy
yh right lol

Rogue Jedi
Yeah, okay. that makes no sense at all. You know that right?

Also, Dutch's team are much more elite than Royce's team based on what is shown on-screen. Dutch's team took out the terrorists with top notch efficiency, coordination and teamwork, something Royce's team does not have. Terrorists? haermm They took out a buncha backwoods spics with assault rifles, that's it.

Yeah. all around, Dutch's team is better. If this goes CQC, Royce and his crew are done.

But it won't get that far. Dutch and his men will never get close enough to Isabelle to take her out. Blax said it best:

Coupla more things: Noland knows the jungle inside and out. His knowledge of the land is invaluable here. And the grenades that Nikolai had, way more powerful than anything Dutch and his team carried.

Rogue Jedi
well im sure you find someone else. theres probably many other kids at ur school and stuff. you just got to wait until your heart tells u who the right one is.

thats what i heard from a movie anyway. Damn bro, you're deep.

Kaibs
Terrorists? haermm They took out a buncha backwoods spics with assault rifles, that's it.

Yeah. all around, Dutch's team is better. If this goes CQC, Royce and his crew are done.

But it won't get that far. Dutch and his men will never get close enough to Isabelle to take her out. Blax said it best:

Coupla more things: Noland knows the jungle inside and out. His knowledge of the land is invaluable here. And the grenades that Nikolai had, way more powerful than anything Dutch and his team carried.

As much as I am not a fan of some Latinos, you really shouldn't say "spic" That'd be like someone calling you a backwoods inbred cracker.

Rogue Jedi
Lemmee worry about what I say.

Mr. Rhythmic
But you don't have any friends.

Because you definitely know who I am.

lol

Tron
So it's a shootout at the OK Corral? Fine. Nikolai and Blane shred everyone, then turn their weapons on each other.

Nikolai was faster than Blane and actually used cover while firing, and his Mini was smaller.

Nikolai solos.

Next question.

Maybe, but Nikolai isn't a god damn sexual tyrannosaurus.

I'm sorry, I had to throw that in there.

Anyway, Dutch's crew being a spec-ops team, there's no doubt that they have experience with dealing with snipers. Isabella might catch one or two of them, but that would be enough for them to figure out where she's firing from, and to work around it. Of course it wouldn't be easy, but there's a reason that their team is considered the best.

And, there's one thing that Royce's crew doesn't have: Arnold Schwarzenegger and his jobber aura.

Impediment
Originally posted by Tron

Anyway, Dutch's crew being a spec-ops team, there's no doubt that they have experience with dealing with snipers. Isabella might catch one or two of them, but that would be enough for them to figure out where she's firing from, and to work around it. Of course it wouldn't be easy, but there's a reason that their team is considered the best.

And, there's one thing that Royce's crew doesn't have: Arnold Schwarzenegger and his jobber aura.

Strap that on your sore ass, Tron. laughing out loud

Rogue Jedi

Got anything else? K.

the ninjak
Yeah you're right Sniper should win it.

Rogue Jedi
http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv341/jedibeastie2/dutchpwned.jpg

Tron

Got anything else? K.

A "sniper" who was cloaked, and could jump from tree to tree with relative ease. You can't really compare the two. Is it necessary for me to list what else is wrong with this comment?

Placidity
A "sniper" who was cloaked, and could jump from tree to tree with relative ease. You can't really compare the two. Is it necessary for me to list what else is wrong with this comment?

Also infrared vision to spot and track targets easily, and a targeting system for the "sniper".

A "sniper" who was cloaked, and could jump from tree to tree with relative ease. You can't really compare the two. Is it necessary for me to list what else is wrong with this comment? A cloak that doesn't actually make you invisible and jumping from tree to tree doesn't mean a whole lot when you're standing 50 feet away, which is what the Predator was usually doing. As far as actual killing effiency and stealth, you'd be better off with a sniper rifle and a bush then an ultra bright and slow moving, laser sight give away plasma caster and a light bending cloak.

I don't know why people even bring up the cloaking device. Gormen in Concrete Jungle saw the cloaked predator well enough to aim and shoot at it in a pitch dark setting on the train, yet somehow everyone else fails to see it while it's right on front of them, except for the main characters (who can always see it).

Tron
A cloak that doesn't actually make you invisible and jumping from tree to tree doesn't mean a whole lot when you're standing 50 feet away, which is what the Predator was usually doing. As far as actual killing effiency and stealth, you'd be better off with a sniper rifle and a bush then an ultra bright and slow moving, laser sight give away plasma caster and a light bending cloak.

I don't know why people even bring up the cloaking device. Gormen in Concrete Jungle saw the cloaked predator well enough to aim and shoot at it in a pitch dark setting on the train, yet somehow everyone else fails to see it while it's right on front of them, except for the main characters (who can always see it).

The cloak actually worked pretty decently in the trees in the beginning, before the team figured out that something was picking them off one by one.

Rogue Jedi
http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv341/jedibeastie2/ddssxcc.jpg

Placidity
http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv341/jedibeastie2/dutchpwned.jpg

http://i51.tinypic.com/25s1o5y.jpg

http://i51.tinypic.com/2jd120n.jpg

Rogue Jedi
haermm Isabelle picked out the dead special forces soldier from 120 yards away. She was scanning the area quickly, in borderline panic mode. Dude was in full camo and not moving. Dutch and his team will be moving, and they have no way of seeing her 120 yards away. Put Isabelle in a nest, under cover, with booby traps surrounding her, and yeah......

Sure, Dutch and his team can detect booby traps and bypass them, but it takes time. When they try to bypass/disarm the booby trap, BAM, she nails them.

Placidity
haermm Isabelle picked out the dead special forces soldier from 120 yards away. She was scanning the area quickly, in borderline panic mode. Dude was in full camo and not moving. Dutch and his team will be moving, and they have no way of seeing her 120 yards away. Put Isabelle in a nest, under cover, with booby traps surrounding her, and yeah......

Sure, I'm sure you saw in my scans that there was clearly 120 yards line of sight, and that Dutch will want to go into areas that are as open as possible. Yup, in fact your response is not really a response, just repeating what you've said earlier, which I've already shot down.

Put Isabelle in a nest? You don't even know where the other team is.

dadudemon
http://i51.tinypic.com/25s1o5y.jpg

http://i51.tinypic.com/2jd120n.jpg

LOL!

laughing laughing laughing

I was actually with RJ until this point. I was thinking that the sniper would take a "high" position with an advantageous line of sight to an area/path that the others would naturally take. I haven't seen the new flick yet so I guess that jungle doesn't have much to over in terms of several clearings?

I think my point still stands, though, as your images show nice clearings. Maybe RJ's still right?

Let's ignore all of that for a minute and focus on the fact that Placidity obviously illegally downloaded the movie and should thus be put in jail forever.

Placidity, you bad, bad man.

Placidity
Originally posted by dadudemon
haven't seen the new flick yet so I guess that jungle doesn't have much to over in terms of several clearings?

I'm assuming if you're asking if clearings were shown? Yes there were, theres a few scenes actually. But most of it is what you saw in my scans. But the point is Dutch isn't going to expose himself and walk in the open when he knows theres another elite enemy out there trying to kill them.

Placidity
Let's ignore all of that for a minute and focus on the fact that Placidity obviously illegally downloaded the movie and should thus be put in jail forever.

Placidity, you bad, bad man.

confused

Wow, didn't know it'd come out already on DVD and the like. It's only been like two months.

edit- stfu.

Rogue Jedi

Put Isabelle in a nest? You don't even know where the other team is. That works both ways, you know.

Royce's team has two distinct advantages:

1. Isabelle and her sniper rifle that can make two mile shots. She is a highly trained sniper, she WILL spot Dutch and his team before they spot her.

2. Noland and his knowledge of the terrain.

Royce is trained in jungle warfare, just as Dutch is. He is at least as good at setting booby traps as Dutch is.

It all adds up to Team Royce winning.

Placidity
That works both ways, you know.

Yup, thats why Dutch isn't going to hide in one spot and just hope that despite the battlefield being the entire planet, that the enemy will stroll into where they are hiding.

Royce's team has two distinct advantages:

1. Isabelle and her sniper rifle that can make two mile shots. She is a highly trained sniper, she WILL spot Dutch and his team before they spot her.

2. Noland and his knowledge of the terrain.

- Sniper may or may not have that range ( most likely not), but Isabelle has not shown that kind of marksmanship.

- Dutch will stick to the forest for cover. Isabelle will not spot them, if she even knows where to look at given theres thousands of square miles of jungles in all directions. She doesn't even know which side they may be approaching from.

- If she spots Dutch and his team, it would be in close quarters, in which case, no she does not spot them first, and yes she will be mowed down quickly.

The terrain is not dissimilar to those found on Earth. Noland's knowledge of the terrain will not help.

Royce is trained in jungle warfare, just as Dutch is. He is at least as good at setting booby traps as Dutch is.

Unfortunately this is just your opinion and is not shown on film.

It all adds up to Team Dutch winning.

Yes.

Rogue Jedi
Yup, thats why Dutch isn't going to hide in one spot and just hope that despite the battlefield being the entire planet, that the enemy will stroll into where they are hiding. Mhm, and the more they move, the more likely they are to be spotted. Glad we agree.

She is a Black Ops CIA sniper, dude. They don't just select anyone to do that. She's Elite.

Robert Rodriguez, on Isabelle:

7cxgGTchVpM

Dutch and his team work together, man. They don't split up, at least not far enough to make it difficult for her.

So Dutch and his team will sneak up on her from two miles out, bypass all Royce's booby traps, and just be right in her face? Riiiiiiiiiight. And you say I'M deluded.

Wrong. And? Noland knows where the valleys are, where the "choke points" are, he knows where the jungle is dense and not. This is more valuable than you think.

Actually it is. He recognized the special forces booby trap, and he set the trap on Edwin.

ares834
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/175/439066469_ca87df366b.jpg

Dutch has this...

Also he has insane durability as he tanks Predator canon shots! Sniper bullets won't do anything to him.

KV0FJHSYbvw&feature=related

And of course he has the best lines.
wDztrw_0N8M

Rogue Jedi
Here's how it'd go down. Dutch and his team are searching for Royce and the others. Blane has his chest blown out by Isabelle.

PR37Z5DzsTg

Mac steps out, sees his dead friend, freaks out and grabs the minigun. Dutch and the others join in, mowing down the forest. Isabelle, safely tucked into a nest a few hundred yards out, kills Poncho. Then Hawkins. Then Dillon. Then Mac. Then Billy. Then Dutch.

She and Royce kick back and smoke a bowl. yes

ares834
Dutch has superhuman durability. Sniper shots will do nothing to him. shifty

Rogue Jedi
haermm Shit I forgot that haermm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.