Dr. Doom vs. Sinestro

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gadabout
Doom is being Doom and trying to steal someones power. This time it's Sinestro he has targeted but of course Old red face aint givin it up just like that Doom only has his typical weapons and power set.

Doom vs. Sinestro...no BFR for doom (he wants that ring

Bentley
Sinestro schools Doom and scars his face -even more- with a hitlerish moustache.

muhare
dur

BattleMage
Dr. Doom beats his @$$

Bentley
Originally posted by BattleMage
Dr. Doom beats his @$$

Like he beat Thor's when they fought each other shifty

Galan007
Without any prep for Doom, Sinestro wins.

Uriel005
Maybe not depends on the Doom. If it comes to the in your face I'm challenging people for the title of Sorceror Supreme Doom, Doom takes this easy without prep. If it's normal plotting Doom Sinestro takes it if Doom has no prep time. Prepped Doom takes this 10/10.

Galan007
^ Doom won't be challenging Sinestro for the title of Sorcerer Supreme. none

OneDumbG0
^ If Doom could absorb the subconscious yellow energies that give rise to fearful nightmares...

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Doom%20Inventions/th_DoomArmor65-MatterEnergyConverter.jpg http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Doom%20Inventions/th_DoomArmor66-PersonalAdapters.jpg

shifty

chomperx9
Dr. Doom beats his @$$ you been hanging around with mindset to much

Uriel005
Originally posted by Galan007
^ Doom won't be challenging Sinestro for the title of Sorcerer Supreme. none

I just meant Doom tossing high end combat magics with reckless abandon would probably take out Sinestro.

The Nuul
Doom shows Sinestro what real fear is like.

Bentley
Originally posted by The Nuul
Doom shows Sinestro what real fear is like.

I didn't know Doom feared Sinestro that much shifty

Mindset
Sinestro's ring leaves him and goes to Doom

Galan007
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ If Doom could absorb the subconscious yellow energies that give rise to fearful nightmares...

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Doom%20Inventions/th_DoomArmor65-MatterEnergyConverter.jpg http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Doom%20Inventions/th_DoomArmor66-PersonalAdapters.jpg

shifty The actuality bomb that was dropped on Nightmare's domepiece is what softened him up enough for that trick to be successful. sly

OneDumbG0
^ Arguable. I think remaking him into true matter was the focus more than weakening Nightmare physically. And in any case... Nightmare > Sinestro. Naturally Doom would have to bring Nightmare down a notch.

uhuh Originally posted by Mindset
Sinestro's ring leaves him and goes to Doom laughing out loud

SC ring: "You have the ability to instill great fear... more than this schnook anyway. Welcome to the Sinestro Corps."

Doom: "AHEM."

SC ring: "Er... welcome to the Doom Corps. Sorry."

Doom: "Excellent."

Galan007
^ I found it somewhat odd that Nightmare was able to survive being transformed into true matter in that scene when a few issues prior, it appeared to literally unmake him:
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/4913/16446587.jpg

umm

BattleMage
Originally posted by Bentley
Like he beat Thor's when they fought each other shifty I didn't know Sinestro doubled as Thor wink
Anyway Doom should win this...

Lunacyde
Without Prep Time Sinestro wins.

Slaanesh
Sinestro

ares834
Sinestro. Easily.

Uriel005
Doom using high level magic face pwns Sinestro.

Lunacyde
Before he whipped out the magic Iron Man was taking Doom, Sinestro is at least a tier above Iron Man. If Doom wins it's because his magic saves him.

Uriel005
His magic is no joke. For him to even be in the running for sorcerer supreme is really saying something. Also he has all those combat dedicated Doom bots to throw around. Also he's got to have tons of stuff lying around from all his world conquest attempts and I think at least one of them would trump sinestro. Doom is going to take this 7-8/10

Slaanesh
Originally posted by Uriel005
His magic is no joke. For him to even be in the running for sorcerer supreme is really saying something. Also he has all those combat dedicated Doom bots to throw around. Also he's got to have tons of stuff lying around from all his world conquest attempts and I think at least one of them would trump sinestro. Doom is going to take this 7-8/10

if Doom get his doombot..then Sinestro will get his corps right..and Sinestro got parallex lying around somewhere in the universe..maybe he can use that..surely Sinestro would stomp..

Mshinu
Sinestro pwns Doom with a Reed Richards construct.

khazra
Doom has inbuilt energy absorbtion technology in his suit. I dont see why a ring wielder should be an issue for him.

Warlord
Originally posted by Mshinu

laughing out loud

Bentley

Most of that is prep and the "almost Sorcerer Supreme" it's meaningless when the guy who is actually SS would likely get his *ss kicked by Sinestro.

Originally posted by khazra
Doom has inbuilt energy absorbtion technology in his suit. I dont see why a ring wielder should be an issue for him.

Vaguely defined absorbing tech is vaguely defined. Ultron has absorbing tech, I wouldn't go around saying he beats Sinestro because of it.

laughing out loud

khazra
Energy is energy (with the only real exception being those that are mystical) and the emotion based energies have been shown to be quite malleable in the past (against cap atom and firestorm).
I dont see why Doom shouldnt be able to absorb the energy. Even if not, Doom birngs more to the field than a ring slinger (who generally sticj to shields, striking constructs and blasts)

"Id"

laughing

Bentley
Energy is energy (with the only real exception being those that are mystical) and the emotion based energies have been shown to be quite malleable in the past (against cap atom and firestorm).
I dont see why Doom shouldnt be able to absorb the energy. Even if not, Doom birngs more to the field than a ring slinger (who generally sticj to shields, striking constructs and blasts)

With pretty much the same powerset than Quasar, who would best Doom too.

...And Sinestro brings much more than just shields and random construct bash.

Galan007
Originally posted by Lunacyde
Before he whipped out the magic Iron Man was taking Doom, Sinestro is at least a tier above Iron Man. If Doom wins it's because his magic saves him. Armor to armor, Tony and Doom have been portrayed as rough-equals in every one of their battles. Doom only gains a definitive edge when he whips out teh magiks.

His magic is no joke. For him to even be in the running for sorcerer supreme is really saying something. Doom has always been a 'good' magic user, but it wasn't until the recent Doctor Voodoo mini that I thought of him as an 'uber' magic user. Srsly, all of his showings in that series made me say "GAWD DAYUM!!!".

ermmnone

khazra
Except quasar can call upon an infinite amount of energy with the Q-bands whilst the rings have a limited charge (a charge which seems to be depleting faster and faster the last few years).

This makes them alot more susceptible to anyone who can absorb energy than Quasar, technically infinitely more susceptible.

I'd guess current tony has better armor than doom but i'd say tony can do well against the average GL anyways.

Edit> i dont mean Sinestro is an average GL, its a statement is all.

Bentley
Doom's absorbing ability isn't even beyond Tony's armor, the Qwardian ring is vastly superior tech methinks. It's not like Victor's absorbtion has herald level feats.

BlackZero30x
Originally posted by Slaanesh
if Doom get his doombot..then Sinestro will get his corps right..and Sinestro got parallex lying around somewhere in the universe..maybe he can use that..surely Sinestro would stomp..

currently parallax is being held captive as is ion.....but yea no prep for doom and Sinestro wins

khazra
Its absorbed power out of franklin richards. The device he used to absorb surfer's energy is easily good enough and its now inbuilt (its not specifically designed for the power cosmic). In its most recent showing doom drained cosmic hulk nigh instantly.

Ontop of that DOom can do most of what a ringslinger can dobefore we even factor in the magic too.

Galan007
Doom's absorbing ability isn't even beyond Tony's armor, the Qwardian ring is vastly superior tech methinks. It's not like Victor's absorbtion has herald level feats. It depends how high you'd rank Doom's absorption of Nightmare, really.

Bentley
Originally posted by Galan007
It depends how high you'd rank Doom's absorption of Nightmare, really.

That was a very specific situation and apparently something Doom was prepared to do -as in planned-.

Its absorbed power out of franklin richards. The device he used to absorb surfer's energy is easily good enough and its now inbuilt (its not specifically designed for the power cosmic). In its most recent showing doom drained cosmic hulk nigh instantly.

Ontop of that DOom can do most of what a ringslinger can dobefore we even factor in the magic too.

The Cosmic Hulk was powered by the Power Cosmic too, using magic to turn Skaar into a boy was way more impressive but it has nothing to do with energy draining.

Galan007
That was a very specific situation and apparently something Doom was prepared to do -as in planned-. Absolutely. Had the actuality bomb not been detonated in Nightmare's face just beforehand, Doom would not have been able to muck with Nightmare's power.

Regardless, the fact that Doom was able to absorb energies of that magnitude is still pretty incredible (not that I think it's something he'd do here.)

BattleMage
If Doom want's he ring, Then Doom shall have the ring!

Prep-Man
Sinestro straight up, Doom with prep.

the ninjak
Doom.

Mindset
If Doom want's he ring, Then Doom shall have the ring!

chomperx9
Sinestro wins

tkitna
In a random encounter, Sinestro should win.

Uriel005
Naw according to OP Doom is targeting sinestro for the ring. Doom is getting prep on this.

tkitna
Then Sinestro dies

rotiart
Naw according to OP Doom is targeting sinestro for the ring. Doom is getting prep on this.
Originally posted by Gadabout
Doom is being Doom and trying to steal someones power. This time it's Sinestro he has targeted but of course Old red face aint givin it up just like that Doom only has his typical weapons and power set.

Doom vs. Sinestro...no BFR for doom (he wants that ring

I don't think doom has prep seeing as he gets only standard equipment?

It's a little vague

Stoic
Doom has some pretty nasty spells, I see him taking the ring.

Omega Vision
Sinestro makes a giant yellow can-opener ftw.

Bentley
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Sinestro makes a giant yellow can-opener ftw.

I still think the Reed Richards construct is genius.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.