Elite Team versus all Predators...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
OK, another Predators thread, last one for me I promise. This team is dropped on the game preserve:

Evelyn Salt, Angelina Jolie's character in "Salt" (in place of Royce). Evelyn is armed with an AK-47 and two 9mm Glocks.

Bob Lee Swagger, Mark Wahlberg's character in "Shooter" (in place of Isabelle). Swagger is armed with the same sniper rifle that Isabelle had, in addition to a H&K MP-5 and a 9mm Beretta.

El Mariachi, Antonio Banderas' character in "Desperado" (in place of Cujillo). Mariachi is armed with two 9mm pistols and his sawed off shotgun.

Hannibal Lecter, Anthony Hopkins character in "Hannibal" (in place of Edwin). Hannibal is armed with a butcher knife.

Black Mamba, Uma Thruman's character in "Kill Bill" (in place of Hanzo). Mamba is armed with her Katana and two 9mm Glocks.

Mr. Blond, Michael Madsen's character in "Reservoir Dogs" (in place of Stans). Blond is armed with his .45 and his straight razor.

Simon Phoenix, Wesley Snipes character in "Demolition Man" (in place of Mombassa). Simon is armed with the futuristic rifle he had in his movie.

Aaron Hallam, Benicio Del Toro's character in "The Hunted" (in place of Noland). Aaron is armed with a bowie knife, in addition to any and all weaponry that Noland had.

Frank Castle, Thomas Jane's character in "The Punisher" (in place of Nikolai). Frank has the same minigun that Nikolai had, in addition to a .45.

I know, some team members aren't "Elite", but I went with "Elite" anyway. They are all dressed in tactical combat gear.

The Predators involved are the 3 from the recent movie, in addition to both Predators from the first two Predator movies. The Predators have all the weapons they had in their movies, no nukes though.

Bob Swagger has limited knowledge of the Predators, as Isabelle did.

Aaron is hiding just as Noland was, and he has his camo. He is not with the team as they are dropped, he has been hiding and scavenging just as Noland was doing.

Do they clear?

Lestov16
If Isabelle was a master with the rifle, Bobby Lee is like a god.
Honestly, I think they can clear it. Mr. Blond and possibly Hannibal are gonna die though

Rogue Jedi
And Evelyn?

Kaibs
Why did you put Lector in there? Lol. Just curious as it makes no sense at all. And as stated above. They clear. Instead of the Predators from the first two movies, I would o went with the ones from AVP and AVP2. As there were more, and they were better.

Lestov16
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
And Evelyn?

I haven't seen Salt. What are her feats?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Kaibs
Why did you put Lector in there? Lol. Just curious as it makes no sense at all. And as stated above. They clear. Instead of the Predators from the first two movies, I would o went with the ones from AVP and AVP2. As there were more, and they were better. Well, I tried to sub each character with one that is familiar. Edwin was a sick ass serial killer, yes?

BruceSkywalker
Team of humans clear

Rogue Jedi
Not all of them clear, WHO clears?

Dreampanther
Would say the Elite Team takes it - difficult to guess who would be killed. Would speculate that Mr Blond goes pretty quickly - there was nothing really special about him.

Hannibal is super-intelligent in the books, so he would be a huge tactical advantage - only problem is he is a loner, so he would be just as likely to snack on his own team mates as join their defence.

If you give Aaron Hallam the cloaking suit the Predators are pretty stuffed, in my opinion - he alone would take a couple out, with his training and survival skills.

Is Simon Phoenix upgraded, as he is in Demolition Man? Because if he is, then he should almost be able to go toe-to-toe with a Predator...

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Dreampanther
Would say the Elite Team takes it - difficult to guess who would be killed. Would speculate that Mr Blond goes pretty quickly - there was nothing really special about him.Well, there was nothing special about Stans either. Blonde just came to mind.

Bit sicker than Edwin I think laughing out loud

Good point. Let's go with what Kaibs said. How many Predators were there in the AVP movies?

I seriously doubt that.

Dreampanther
Wasn't Phoenix given extra speed and strength, plus all the martial arts skills while in cryo? I dunno if a Predator would be expecting that - if a normal samurai like Hanzo can take a Predator with a sword (although he pays for it with his life) then, all things being equal, if a Predator was similarly inclined to go toe-to-toe with Phoenix with only a blade, then, I would say, there is chance that Phoenix could beat him - AND walk away.

Hanzo seemed good with a blade, but by no means do I think that he was supposed to be an elite swordmaster, like Jet Li, for instance.

It seems to me that the Predators have a macho code - if you are willing to challenge them with only a blade, then they will accept the challenge. But from everything I have seen, their strengths lie in stealth and tracking - they are not really martial artists, in the sense that they train with swords and bare hands like our guys do. When they fight, they show no evidence of martial arts training - they are hunters, not warriors. Yeah, they are slightly stronger than most humans - but Hanzo proved that speed and skill more than makes up for that.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Dreampanther
Wasn't Phoenix given extra speed and strength, plus all the martial arts skills while in cryo? I dunno if a Predator would be expecting that - if a normal samurai like Hanzo can take a Predator with a sword (although he pays for it with his life) then, all things being equal, if a Predator was similarly inclined to go toe-to-toe with Phoenix with only a blade, then, I would say, there is chance that Phoenix could beat him - AND walk away.

Hanzo seemed good with a blade, but by no means do I think that he was supposed to be an elite swordmaster, like Jet Li, for instance.

It seems to me that the Predators have a macho code - if you are willing to challenge them with only a blade, then they will accept the challenge. But from everything I have seen, their strengths lie in stealth and tracking - they are not really martial artists, in the sense that they train with swords and bare hands like our guys do. When they fight, they show no evidence of martial arts training - they are hunters, not warriors. Yeah, they are slightly stronger than most humans - but Hanzo proved that speed and skill more than makes up for that. I am sure the Preds are completely familiar with the prey they select, they'll surely know of Simon's enhancements.

Dreampanther
Yeah - but will that be enough? Just knowing somebody is good doesn't mean you can beat him - look at how seriously they underestimated Royce, and Hanzo...

It has been fairly interesting to me to see that so far they haven't chosen any martial artists - only soldiers.

In Lee Childs' books about Reacher (an ex-soldier and a giant of a guy) he says that the only guys he fears are those fast, skilled guys with knives - because after they have cut you a few times you start losing strength and speed due to blood loss - and then you are pretty much dead meat.
donatello

Rogue Jedi
Well, if Phoenix has a gun, likely he'll use it instead of going toe to toe with a Predator.

Dreampanther
Well, if Phoenix has a gun, likely he'll use it instead of going toe to toe with a Predator.

True, but you have the super-intelligent Hannibal there, who should be able to figure the whole thing out in a very short time - and is a master at finding weaknesses and vulnerabilities. Plus Frank Castle, who is a great tactician. And Black Mamba, who should be quite a bit better with a sword than Hanzo. Maybe even better than Phoenix?

If I had to organise the strategy, I would simply send my sword fighters to go and challenge the Predators like Hanzo did - hopefully at least one will accept, which gives me time to plan my next move.

Now, the only question is - will Hannibal feel like helping his team out or would he rather just sit on the side and watch the whole thing play out...?

stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
He'll surely betray them.

Kaibs
Well, I tried to sub each character with one that is familiar. Edwin was a sick ass serial killer, yes?

HE was so out of Lector's league it's not even funny. It's like comparing the NFL to the CFL. Just don't do it.

Rogue Jedi
HE was so out of Lector's league it's not even funny. It's like comparing the NFL to the CFL. Just don't do it.

How so? Sicker? Smarter? More devious? How?

Rogue Jedi
I mean they are both Doctors. They are both serial killers. Hannibal, he eats people, I'd say that makes him sicker.

Here's all we know about Edwin:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_characters_in_the_Predator_series#Edwin

Edwin

Edwin (Topher Grace) is a seemingly innocent doctor who is in fact secretly a wanted serial killer. He falls behind as the group escapes and is saved by Nikolai after being noticed by a Predator. Edwin is crippled by a trap, trying to escape with Royce and Isabelle. Edwin and Isabelle are captured by the final super Predator, who throws them into a pit. Edwin temporarily paralyzes Isabelle by cutting her with his scalpel covered in neurotoxin and reveals that he is a psychopathic serial killer who wishes to stay on the planet to become like the Predators. After he attempts to paralyze Royce, Royce disarms him and booby-traps Edwin's body with grenades and uses him as bait in a trap for the super Predator.

Kaibs
Well... imo Hannibal has more pure intellect, he's more sinister, you can say sicker if you want, he's also more cunning, and he could mind **** anyone. Topher just can't compete.

Robtard
Most characters here are better than who they're replacing.

Lector's not stupid enough to think he could stay on the planet and the Predator's would accept him, so he's not turning on his teammates just to get a kill in exchange for what would be suicide.

Mr. Blonde likely dies as he's unspectacular. Hannibal would only be useful as a thinker/problem solver, similar to how Royce was.

They clear with few casualties.

Rogue Jedi
Well... imo Hannibal has more pure intellect, he's more sinister, you can say sicker if you want, he's also more cunning, and he could mind **** anyone. Topher just can't compete. The way you said it it sounded like you were saying that Edwin was above Lecter somehow, hence my confusion.

Rogue Jedi
I think the following go down: Mariachi, Blond, Phoenix and Castle.

Robtard
Don't know, I think this team would do a lot better in the first face-off in the Predator camp.

Rogue Jedi
How so?

Kaibs
The way you said it it sounded like you were saying that Edwin was above Lecter somehow, hence my confusion.

I thought my original statement was pretty clear. Lecter being the NFL and Edwin being the CFL.

Robtard
How so?

For one, I don't think most of the people on this team would have shit themselves if one of their own was stabbed through the chest by a cloaked Predator, I think they would have opened up on his ass and sprayed the area he would have been based on the impaled member.

Swagger would have likely stayed back and taken cover while the team investigated. No need to have the sniper in the middle of the group where he's gimped.

Rogue Jedi
I thought my original statement was pretty clear. Lecter being the NFL and Edwin being the CFL. I misread it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.