Can Magneto stop a speedblitz?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ladies_Man_666
I recently read somewhere that Magneto has 'lightspeed reactions', because his consciousness was able to 'ride magnetically' with Captain Marvel (Monica Rambeau), who was moving at lightspeed. Here is the scan:

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/MagnetoMarvelConsciousness.jpg

This leads one of my friends to believe that Magneto cannot be speedblitzed by someone who can move at the speed of light, because Magneto would react in time to put up his shields.

It seems iffy to me, though. From what I can tell, the description isn't trying to convey that Magneto has small reaction time.
For starters, Magneto isn't known to have superspeed or anything of the sort, so it seems odd for him to have such a small reaction time that not even some of the mutant speedsters have shown.
Secondly, we can't tell how Magneto tracked him. He could have simply clung to some...'magnetic trail' that he was emanating (if any).

I don't know, but I doubt he has that small reaction times. It just sounds very unrealistic to me.

Thoughts, gentlemen?

Can Magneto defend himself against a lightspeed blitz?
And while we're at it, who do you think can process thoughts quicker, Magneto or Quicksilver?

Bentley
Magneto may be able to fend energy based speed blitzes.

carver9
Originally posted by Ladies_Man_666
I recently read somewhere that Magneto has 'lightspeed reactions', because his consciousness was able to 'ride magnetically' with Captain Marvel (Monica Rambeau), who was moving at lightspeed. Here is the scan:

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/MagnetoMarvelConsciousness.jpg

This leads one of my friends to believe that Magneto cannot be speedblitzed by someone who can move at the speed of light, because Magneto would react in time to put up his shields.

It seems iffy to me, though. From what I can tell, the description isn't trying to convey that Magneto has small reaction time.
For starters, Magneto isn't known to have superspeed or anything of the sort, so it seems odd for him to have such a small reaction time that not even some of the mutant speedsters have shown.
Secondly, we can't tell how Magneto tracked him. He could have simply clung to some...'magnetic trail' that he was emanating (if any).

I don't know, but I doubt he has that small reaction times. It just sounds very unrealistic to me.

Thoughts, gentlemen?

Can Magneto defend himself against a lightspeed blitz?
And while we're at it, who do you think can process thoughts quicker, Magneto or Quicksilver?

You also have that moment where magneto flew through space at 99% the speed of light. So if the space flight rule apply for all characters then yeah, magneto have light speed capabilities and he shouldn't be speed blitzed.

tkitna
He's been kicking his son's ass for years so its hard to say.

Badabing
Not a vs thread and no combatants listed. Closed

Take questions to this thread:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t346614.html

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.