Daken vs. Mr. X

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

EvilTyrant
telepathy vs. pheromones, both skilled fighters who takes it?

KingD19
Daken 10/10.

He might be able to read his mind, but the pheremones will jack him up to the point it won't matter.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by KingD19
Daken 10/10.

He might be able to read his mind, but the pheremones will jack him up to the point it won't matter.

That's what I was thinking. But on the second thought... what if Mr X holds his breath and proceeds to the attack?

KingD19
Well, he'd still have to get past Daken's defenses and his healing factor....and on top of that, how long can a person hold their breathe when they're exerting themselves in a fight?

Uriel005
^gas mask???

jinzin
lol. Logical limitations don't apply to Mr. X don't be absurd.

Idk... I tend to think Daken holds all the advantages, but his advantages usually stem from using his opponents strength or personality against themselves.
I don't think he'll capitalize very well with X and he still tends to fight like a newb most of the time.

I don't see it being too hard for X to win this.

SamZED
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
That's what I was thinking. But on the second thought... what if Mr X holds his breath and proceeds to the attack? I dont think pheromones work that way (breathing in)... do they?

jinzin
Originally posted by SamZED
I dont think pheromones work that way (breathing in)... do they?

that's a good question, I didn't think so either comic wise... I mean I think that's how they work in the real world... but then that spawned the question.. how DO they work?

I'm just too lazy to research right now.

SamZED
Originally posted by jinzin
that's a good question, I didn't think so either comic wise... I mean I think that's how they work in the real world... but then that spawned the question.. how DO they work?

I'm just too lazy to research right now. Same here. But if Logan could avoid the pheromones simply by holding his breath imo he would've kicked Daken's ass months ago. Lets just assue they get through one's skin or something...

KingD19
Fact remains that with all his pheremones were shown to do, X is vulnerable to them and has no defense.

jinzin
Fact remains that with all his pheremones were shown to do, X is vulnerable to them and has no defense. sure he does... His TP is a HUGE defense... Ala spidey's spider sense.

KingD19
lol, nice one.

YFZ 350
X most likely wins.

Uriel005
Wait man I feel silly now. Mr. X easy... he keeps it at range and keeps pounding Daken with bullets until he wears down. Fill those joints with enough lead and even with HF it's gonna be trouble to move for a few seconds which X takes advantage of. X is going to mindread that Daken is going to try and Pheremone gank him. Daken doesn't have the berserk thing going for him that Logan did not that it would do much good for him as from what I have seen his HF isn't half as effective as his old mans who has the adamantium HF reduction constantly effecting him. X takes this easy.

KingD19
Originally posted by Uriel005
Wait man I feel silly now. Mr. X easy... he keeps it at range and keeps pounding Daken with bullets until he wears down. Fill those joints with enough lead and even with HF it's gonna be trouble to move for a few seconds which X takes advantage of. X is going to mindread that Daken is going to try and Pheremone gank him. Daken doesn't have the berserk thing going for him that Logan did not that it would do much good for him as from what I have seen his HF isn't half as effective as his old mans who has the adamantium HF reduction constantly effecting him. X takes this easy.

Okay, there's some things wrong with this. This is a melee fight, as X is shown almost exclusively using a sword, twin swords, hand to hand, or some other form of bladed weaponry.

X, while he can read minds at times(depending on the writer), usually only reacts to his opponents moves. So usually he won't know someones gonna pull out a ninja star, but he'll dodge it because he knows how and where they're gonna throw it. Even if he could read Daken's mind, X has no defense against the pheromones and will fall victim to them like everybody else.

StiltmanFTW
I dont think pheromones work that way (breathing in)... do they?

They do. Frankencastle was immune 'cause he was undead, not breathing or something, IIRC.

Mega Ed's pheromones work that way, too.

Fact remains that with all his pheremones were shown to do, X is vulnerable to them and has no defense.

He'll know about them thanks to his telepathy, but that's it. Of course Daken will have to use pheromones to the maximum effect. Not like when he was playing with the bugboy.

X, while he can read minds at times(depending on the writer)

Both Tieri's and Remender's X could read minds stick out tongue

Lord Feron
UM yeah Phermones messes with your senses. X doesn't need to use his senses his body auto locks on his enemies moves so he just trust his little gift (it aint simply reading minds) and Daken should ever lay a finger on him.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Lord Feron
UM yeah Phermones messes with your senses. X doesn't need to use his senses his body auto locks on his enemies moves so he just trust his little gift (it aint simply reading minds) and Daken should ever lay a finger on him.

Good post, but Daken can do a lot more than just mess with his senses. X wouldn't be able to focus. Either he holds his breath and decapitates Daken or he's screwed.

Bentley
Daken with one clean sweep through the head.

I mean, if Cho can beat Mr. X it's safe to say Daken can wink

StiltmanFTW
Amadeus didn't beat him stick out tongue He did a good job though.

Dum Dum Dugan
Also I want to make this clear, and it is if someone has read his entire history. Mr. X is a telepath who trained his mind to lock onto the impulses of others so that he can automatically react to all attacks on a base level in order to defeat berserker. He also however can read minds which is his original ability. He a low level telepath who taught himself a unique skill. It really no different then a high level telepath learn to mind whipe, there simply skills learned based off training there powers.

EvilTyrant
Mr. X can read minds and all but does Daken still posses that trap in his mind to keep telepaths out? It was placed there by Romulus. Not sure if it was a one trick pony.

Originally posted by EvilTyrant
Mr. X can read minds and all but does Daken still posses that trap in his mind to keep telepaths out? It was placed there by Romulus. Not sure if it was a one trick pony. It was. Once it was sprung by Chuck, other TPs could access his mind. I'd say daken wins cause of the pheromones. It's not that hard to get under Mr X's skin either.

Prep-Man
Daken.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by EvilTyrant
Mr. X can read minds and all but does Daken still posses that trap in his mind to keep telepaths out? It was placed there by Romulus. Not sure if it was a one trick pony.
it was one trick poney and it would not work anyways, That happens when you try to dig deep into his mind, X would not even attempt to go so deep, he merely look at what daken next few moves are.

SamZED
Besides if the guy can lock onto Deadpool's mind he wont have trouble with Daken.

StiltmanFTW
Besides if the guy can lock onto Deadpool's mind he wont have trouble with Daken.

I said it before and I'll do it again.

What you don't understand is that Daken won't let him focus wink Full capacity.

SamZED
I said it before and I'll do it again.

What you don't understand is that Daken won't let him focus wink Full capacity.
laughing Are you saying X is gonna get Bullseye kinda treatment? X sure is a dick but noone deserves THAT.

StiltmanFTW
laughing Are you saying X is gonna get Bullseye kinda treatment? X sure is a dick but noone deserves THAT.

That is an option laughing out loud

But seriously now - paranoia, laugh attack, false sense of security, etc... Daken's pheromones can't be underestimated.

SamZED
That is an option laughing out loud

But seriously now - paranoia, laugh attack, false sense of security, etc... Daken's pheromones can't be underestimated. Yeah, I also think he takes it. But if Daken's CIS kicks in and he doesnt use the pheromones he might get decapitated.

StiltmanFTW
Yeah, I also think he takes it. But if Daken's CIS kicks in and he doesnt use the pheromones he might get decapitated.

Most writers do remember about the pheromone thing. Wolverine was able to resist it long enough to defeat him thanks to SS training, IMO. That actually makes sense when you think of it.

Dum Dum Dugan
SS training had nothing to do with proventing pheramones and was not really training wolverine in the senses of teaching him new thigns, he was helping Logan refine his skills.

Most writers do remember about the pheromone thing. Wolverine was able to resist it long enough to defeat him thanks to SS training, IMO. That actually makes sense when you think of it. I think logan just got acustomed to them and developed some resistance.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
SS training had nothing to do with proventing pheramones and was not really training wolverine in the senses of teaching him new thigns, he was helping Logan refine his skills.

I think you're wrong. "Fight for those who you love Wolverine, not for those you hate". Daken even made a statement that against the ones not in control of their emotions (Bullseye) pheromones work quicker.

Both Dark Wolverine and Origins were written by Way (and Liu in DW).
Not everything has to be stated on panel. Feel free to disagree, but I believe that's why Wolverine was able to beat him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.