Aliens vs The Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sadako of Girth
A couple of warrior aliens makes it from out under the ruined buried temple in AVP1 and edge toward the next sensed human settlement in the Antarctic: A science outpost, as seen in the movie "The Thing". The Thing has infiltrated the group of scientists and engineers at the outpost.

As the Alien attempts to hunt the humans, it traps one of the scientists in the corner in the mess room. And that scientist is The Thing...

Who wins the ensuing confrontation...?

Rogue Jedi
Xeno blood eats through Thing I think.

the ninjak
The Thing kills the Alien And is burnt violently in the process but survives and absorbs the Alien DNA and becomes unstoppable.

steverules_2
When I saw the title I thought it was the thing from F4, but yeah the thing wins considering what it can do

Couldn't the thing trick the xeno's? I mean they can't exactly tell the humans aren't controlled by the thing

Robtard
Good battle, comes down to whether The Thing can absorb Xenomorph DNA or not, considering the acid-blood.

Though I'd guess the Thing with its abiliy to grown/form weapons should be able to kill a couple of Xenomorphs, so even it it can't cope with the acid, it'd likely survive as a head or foot and crawl away to recoup.

Kaibs
Agree with most of the people on this one. The Thing would win, I think it could kill a couple of Xenomorphs one way or another. I think it'd be able to absorb em though really. But who knows.

BruceSkywalker
The Thing wins..

Ques music

Tron
Originally posted by steverules_2
When I saw the title I thought it was the thing from F4, but yeah the thing wins considering what it can do

Couldn't the thing trick the xeno's? I mean they can't exactly tell the humans aren't controlled by the thing

Well, I'd imagine that the Xeno's would smell or somehow sense that something's off with them.

Impediment
Am I wrong in saying that the "thing" was, in fact, a virus/germ?

Would the Xeno's acid blood hurt it on a molecular level?

Tron
Originally posted by Impediment
Am I wrong in saying that the "thing" was, in fact, a virus/germ?

Would the Xeno's acid blood hurt it on a molecular level?

Well, technically, acid does work by breaking down molecules, some it might.

Impediment
Shit.

I, therefore, side for the Xenos.

Sadako of Girth
Well according to Ash or Bishop at some point, the creatures acid neutralises after it's death...

Maybe the thing could sample its DNA after the 1st kill, should it win..

the ninjak
The Thing I believe wouldn't have much trouble absorbing the Alien DNA, it could grab a tooth and get what it needs. Once absorbed the acid won't effect it anymore.

Sadako of Girth
Good point..... Lots of non acidy exoskeleton it could get hold of.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.