the admirals duke it out‼

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Akainu
the three admirals duke it out

Akainu VS Aokiji VS Kizaru

Personally i think it boils down to Akainu and Kizaru.

NemeBro
They can't really hurt eachother though no expression

Well Akainu can melt Aokiji, but Kizaru and Akainu is a stalemate. Akainu is more destructive, but Kizaru has speedz.

Bentley
They all should have Haki though.

Q99
I wonder if beating on/blowing up a Logia user enough will eventually tire them out. Using powers does take energy, after all, so maybe in a sufficiently long drag-out fight they'd stop regenerating.

Originally posted by Bentley
They all should have Haki though.

Even though that doctor said all vice-admirals have it, I'm not clear if that's literal or a "Haki is common among vice-admirals" thing. After all, Logia users hardly need Haki.

Akainu
Well certain logia types can take out other logias.

(Akainu/ace)

draxx_tOfU
stalemate...

KingD19
Stalemate between Akainu and Kizaru. Aokoji gets melted in the first few seconds of the fight.

Q99
Devil fruit interactions are often unpredictable. It's commented that you often don't know how two powers will interact until they match up.

Lesse some other possibilities... the other two team up on Akainu, Kizaru blasts him apart and before he can reform Aokiji freezes him, and in his not-together state that may be enough to take him down.

Ice refracts light, making Aokiji safe from Kizaru's direct attacks, letting him win...

KingD19
Originally posted by Q99
Devil fruit interactions are often unpredictable. It's commented that you often don't know how two powers will interact until they match up.

Lesse some other possibilities... the other two team up on Akainu, Kizaru blasts him apart and before he can reform Aokiji freezes him, and in his not-together state that may be enough to take him down.

Ice refracts light, making Aokiji safe from Kizaru's direct attacks, letting him win...

Most Logias instantly reform and are in full control in any form. And all he has to do is heat up.

And while yes ice does refract light, Kizaru can make huge, epic ass AoE explosions, and a sword.

Q99
Originally posted by KingD19
Most Logias instantly reform and are in full control in any form. And all he has to do is heat up.

It's not exactly instantly, it stills takes a few moments. And if he's splattered, he might not be able to make enough heat to counteract Aokiji going at full.

A sword that might refract too smile All I'm saying is, there could be some interactions there that give an edge.

Speculation, sure, but Ice seems like it's ripe for odd advantages.

Slaanesh
probably a stalemate between Akainu and Kizaru..

Martian_mind
Aokiji.

I have no evidence for this other then the extremely unreliable statement that he specifically is the navy's greatest military assest and that Sengoku suggested him as his replacement. I just like him the best.

Akainu
Originally posted by Q99
Even though that doctor said all vice-admirals have it, I'm not clear if that's literal or a "Haki is common among vice-admirals" thing. After all, Logia users hardly need Haki.

A good devil fruit isn't a instant win in one piece though. I think they got some haki on VA level at least.

Q99
Originally posted by Akainu
A good devil fruit isn't a instant win in one piece though.

Yea, but a good devil fruit used well, something the Admirals are all extremely good at, can handle all but very rare situations.

draxx_tOfU
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Aokiji.

I have no evidence for this other then the extremely unreliable statement that he specifically is the navy's greatest military assest and that Sengoku suggested him as his replacement. I just like him the best.

Yeah. I actually found it odd that Sengoku suggested Aokiji as his replacement, since Akainu is the one who embodies Sengoku's brand of justice...

Akainu wanted Ace dead for the same reason as Sengoku does, for who he is, Aokiji obeyed because he was ordered to, as seen when confronted Luffy and Jimbei...

which leads me to view Sengoku's proposal of Aokiji as a testament to the latter's strength among other things...

KingD19
Maybe Aokiji's a better strategist?

Q99
We didn't see a lot of Sengoku's brand of justice. While he did want to eliminate Ace as a symbol, we haven't seen him initiate any of the really ruthless actions, and Ace is a Whitebeard Pirate as well.

Martian_mind
IMO, Akainu is probably the weakest Admiral, he jut seems a bigger threat because he got lucky with his Ace ownage and is more ruthless then the other two.

Q99
I'm not sure if there is a 'weakest' per say, I think they've each got their advantages.

Kizaru's probably overall the strongest, light is likely one of the 'invincible' fruits (as Enel's was called). Akainu's seems like it's best for taking out other Logia users and other things with high defense. Aokiji's seems the most versatile, and is good for non-destructive tasks.

Martian_mind
I think it's a bit premature to label Akainu the best at taking down other Logia, as we've only seen him do it once. I'd give Aokiji better odds against say Crocodile or Smoker then I would Akainu.

IMO Magma is the least useful of the Admiral Logia, being almost entirely destruction based.

Bentley
I would argue that Aokiji is more like Garp than Aikanu and Sengoku sees that as someone he can count on; I think Sengoku and Garp look up to each other more than they do to themselves. Something like that.

AsbestosFlaygon
Well, tbh, Garp should've been an Admiral by now.
He would likely to have been chosen by Sengoku as his replacement.

But amongst the 3, I do think that Aokiji has the most versatile power.
His power can be used not only for destructive, but also for strategic and defensive purposes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.