Darth Maul vs General Grievous - ALL OUT

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jinsoku Takai
Maul or Grievous? Who wins?

Jinsoku Takai
BTW, the only posts I found that dealt with these two were either team based, or involved sabers only, not all out.

DARTH POWER
Maul quite comfortably.

yoda725
This is a very interesting scenario and I am assuming that Grevious in his "all out" is able to use blasters and whatever other means of technology that he has.

I personally like Darth Maul a lot and would have liked to have seen him go further in the movies. I believe that Maul and Sidious could have been the perfect Sith Team considering Maul did not appear to have any interest in killing his master. Maul was the perfect Sith Apprentice.

i see it going like this. Maul and Grevious confront each other and Grevious pulls out four sabers and Maul looks at momentarily and estends his dual blade and force pushes Grevious and then charges quickly after him and cuts the cyborg right in half.

I dont think that Grevious puts up much of a fight unless maybe he is shooting at Maul with four blasters at the same time.

Maul Wins rather quickly.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by yoda725
This is a very interesting scenario and I am assuming that Grevious in his "all out" is able to use blasters and whatever other means of technology that he has.

I personally like Darth Maul a lot and would have liked to have seen him go further in the movies. I believe that Maul and Sidious could have been the perfect Sith Team considering Maul did not appear to have any interest in killing his master. Maul was the perfect Sith Apprentice.

Going by Bane's rule of two wouldn't the perfect Sith Apprentice be willing and able to kill his master when said Master gave him a chance? In fact I recall that he completed his training by attempting (and failing) to kill Sidious.

RE: Blaxican
lol. Greivous is a master Jedi Killer and has slaughtered his way through a number of prestiged fighters, has dodged force attacks on panel, yet he's going down to Maul because of a force push.

sighs

Lord Lucien
I think Maul's versatile and agile enough to handle Grievous' sabers. Not saying it would be easy, but Grievous is primarily used to tooling Light Siders. Someone as aggressive and ruthless as Maul wouldn't allow for... I'll use the word "chances" for Grievous to get through or escape. Grievous isn't used to fighting Sith except for Dooku.

I'd say Maul wins after a helluva duel.

truejedi
my thought is grievous in a heck of a close fight.

Mshinu
Maul takes it, would be a spectacular fight tho.

yoda725
Yes Grevious has fought and slaughtered many Jedi, some of whom we don't even know their fighting style they used and the strength of their force powers. I could be wrong and if so I can take the correction and criticism, but Grevious did not fight any Sith Lords other than his dueling sessions with Dooku and an arranged fight Dooku with Grevious, Assaj Ventress, and Durge. Additionally, Grevious has been susceptible to the force push as done to him by Kit Fisto and Mace Windu (who crushed his armor plating) additionally, Assaj Ventress was able to force push and toss Grevious around in their battle.

with that Maul was better in both sabers and force that Kit Fisto and Asaaj Ventress and would have been difficult opponent for Grevious to fight. perhaps i was a little too comical in my previous thread reply and made it seem like Maul would beat Grevious in a matter of seconds, but I do beleive that Maul in the end would have come out victorious because Maul was relentless and very resourceful in his fighting. plus i give him the edge in that he was trained by the Dark Lord of the Sith and Grevious was trained by the Sith Apprentice.

As for the perfect Sith Team, i was just speaking to the fact that Maul was willing to do whatever was necessary to please his master, but I do agree that eventually he would have either killed Sidious (or atleast tried) or Sidious would have eventually replaced him.

Jinsoku Takai
Yes Grevious has fought and slaughtered many Jedi, some of whom we don't even know their fighting style they used and the strength of their force powers. I could be wrong and if so I can take the correction and criticism, but Grevious did not fight any Sith Lords other than his dueling sessions with Dooku and an arranged fight Dooku with Grevious, Assaj Ventress, and Durge. Additionally, Grevious has been susceptible to the force push as done to him by Kit Fisto and Mace Windu (who crushed his armor plating) additionally, Assaj Ventress was able to force push and toss Grevious around in their battle.

with that Maul was better in both sabers and force that Kit Fisto and Asaaj Ventress and would have been difficult opponent for Grevious to fight. perhaps i was a little too comical in my previous thread reply and made it seem like Maul would beat Grevious in a matter of seconds, but I do beleive that Maul in the end would have come out victorious because Maul was relentless and very resourceful in his fighting. plus i give him the edge in that he was trained by the Dark Lord of the Sith and Grevious was trained by the Sith Apprentice.

As for the perfect Sith Team, i was just speaking to the fact that Maul was willing to do whatever was necessary to please his master, but I do agree that eventually he would have either killed Sidious (or atleast tried) or Sidious would have eventually replaced him.

You're going to have to explain the reasoning behind your statement that Darth Maul is a better duelist and force practitioner than Fisto and/or Ventress. Not that I disagree or agree, but an explaination is definitely due.

yoda725
@ Jinsoku I had submitted my exlanation last night and when I went to submit it I was logged out. I must have took to long. I will try to do it later today.

yoda725
The reason why I say that Darth Maul is a better duelist and would be victorius vs. either Ventress or Fisto is that Maul was a master of Juyo, Teras Kasi, and Jar Kai, with sufficient ability in Niman, plus Maul was trained from a small boy to be a Sith Lord which is distinclty different that a Dark Jedi/Sity Acolyte that Ventress is. Maul had sufficient force powers that mostly showed up in his saber fighting ability, he was great at Force Push (which when used at the opprotune tine is very efficient i.e. Maul Force Pushing Obi-Wan into the hole) he can force choke and some other powers. One thing that was disadvantaged at was the time in which he was able to showcase his ability. For the most part everything had to be done with Stealth due to the Sith not being revealed just yet. Maul fought three Jedi Masters: Qui Gon (killed him) Anoon Bondara (fought in Shadow Hunter and more than likely would have killed him if the Jedi did not die in the explosion) and Siolo'Uromanka (according to Wookieepedia, this was Maul's first victim and apparently this was a revered Jedi). Even Sidious believed that Maul was "Well trained" and that the Jedi would be no match for him.

Now Ventress was a master of Jar Kai and had some training in Makashi, which means that she was not technically a master of any of the seven forms of saber fighting, she was more than capablein the force department, telekenesis, Force Grip, force Crush, Force speed, and she fought and killed several jedi including Masters and nearly killed Kit Fisto, Ventress also fought Grevious in a three way with Durge and lost.

Kit Fisto was one of the great Jedi swordsmen prior to the galacic republic and fought General Grevious and nearly defeated him. Fisto is a Master of Shii-Cho and was proficient with the force albeit some of which may not have been helpful in certain areas (Force Water Orb) Fisto had great Force Speed, but i think had some potential uncertainty about his ability. When he was part of the team that was going to arrest Sidious according to the ROTS Novel he would have felt better if Master Yoda was with.

With all this being stated Maul was trained to be the perfect killing machine and he had a deep hatred for the Jedi and relished opportunities to fight and kill them, whereas Ventress was once a Jedi Padawan and Kit a good but not great Jedi Master.

Letum Lettow
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
lol. Greivous is a master Jedi Killer and has slaughtered his way through a number of prestiged fighters, has dodged force attacks on panel, yet he's going down to Maul because of a force push.

sighs

If we use GL version of Lucas...

But if its Gene Tartovksi?'s reivous, then the cyborg stomps in a hurry.

DARTH POWER

sighs

Well he did go down to a force push from Obiwan, so why not from one of the most highly trained sith apprentices in sith history??

And considering the trouble Kit Fisto gave GG by going teras kasi on him, I see Maul taking Sabers too. Maul mastered Juyo, teras kasi, and the saber staff. So its safe to say he knows his shit when it comes to saber fighting.

I'm not getting into a discussion of why Maul is not = RotS Kenobi, not even near the same level. No. No!

WHY DO PEOPLE THINK THIS?

yoda725
It appears that some people feel that the Force Push is not a strong enough display of the force.

My query would be what is more important the effectiveness of the force power or the magnitude of the force power.

The Force Push is a very efficient means of disabling an opponent because the only apparent defense against the force push is the force push (I.e. Obi wan vs. Vader) Mustafar.

Yoda force pushed Sidious to the point where sidious was trying to run.
Mace force pushed GG and caved his chest plate in.

Therefore if the Force Push is the best that Maul has but is effective then he would use it to his advantage and would do GG the same way he did Qui Gon on Tatooine when the TPM novel says that Maul was all over Qui Gon with his saber ignited before the. Lood fin came to a stop.

The Force Push should not be underestimated.

Lord Lucien
Maul defeated Kenobi with one, Kenobi defeated Grievous with one.

http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac17/paramaline/worffacepalm.gif

Lord Lucien
Hey if you don't like A>B>C, then you can git out.

Jinsoku Takai
It appears that some people feel that the Force Push is not a strong enough display of the force.

My query would be what is more important the effectiveness of the force power or the magnitude of the force power.

The Force Push is a very efficient means of disabling an opponent because the only apparent defense against the force push is the force push (I.e. Obi wan vs. Vader) Mustafar.

Yoda force pushed Sidious to the point where sidious was trying to run.
Mace force pushed GG and caved his chest plate in.

Therefore if the Force Push is the best that Maul has but is effective then he would use it to his advantage and would do GG the same way he did Qui Gon on Tatooine when the TPM novel says that Maul was all over Qui Gon with his saber ignited before the. Lood fin came to a stop.

The Force Push should not be underestimated.

Mace used Force Crush (somewhat similar, but different)

Asaaj Ventress countered Anakin's Force Push with something else - Force Shield maybe? (it wasn't a Force Push though)

This isn't meant to argue against your points, I'm just pointing these out.

GGS
Maul would get his ass handed to him as soon as Grevious popped out his other two arms after stalemating him with his first two.

The guy couldn't even react in time to a simple force pull on a lightsaber by a padawan Obi Wan.

You don't get it. When Maul ****s up it's only due to him losing focus, or conveniently having a spranged ankle. Darth Maul is perfect.

truejedi
heh. PIS is annoying. Maul's death is the single worst moment of either trilogy.

Lord Lucien
And that's saying something.

Axle
Errrm. No. The single worst moment in any of the films, is when Qui-Gon Jinn first meets Jar-Jar Binks, and actually saves him from the Trade Federation. Deary me Mr Jinn, what were you thinking? Didn't your Jedi powers of foresight show you just how damn annoying Episode 1 will get, with Jar-Jar's continued existence!

Slash_KMC
Jar Jar is a key player in Star Wars. Without him, Naboo would've been lost.

Lord Lucien
And the Empire averted, and Anakin dead in a Geonosis arena, and Mace and Yoda getting all up in Palpatine's shit.

West-sye-eed.

But seriously, Sally Jar Jar is an important and likable character in Darths and Droids.

Higilo
Originally posted by Lord Lucien

I think you'll find kenobi defeated Grievous with a mix of hand-to-hand and a blaster actually

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by Higilo
I think you'll find kenobi defeated Grievous with a mix of hand-to-hand and a blaster actually

Kenobi's hand work (tehehehe) had very little to do with him defeating Grievous. But yes, we get your point.

Higilo
Originally posted by Jinsoku Takai
Kenobi's hand work (tehehehe) had very little to do with him defeating Grievous. But yes, we get your point.
he tore his chest open lol

Lord Lucien
I think you'll find kenobi defeated Grievous with a mix of hand-to-hand and a blaster actually I was referring specifically to the conclusion of their lightsaber duel.

Higilo
I was referring specifically to the conclusion of their lightsaber duel.

I really wouldn't say Grievous was defeated in that duel, he was losing but even when every saber had been cut from his arms he is still pretty well protected by armour, who knows what would of happened if they had continued,

Lord Lucien
I really wouldn't say Grievous was defeated in that duel, he was losing but even when every saber had been cut from his arms he is still pretty well protected by armour, who knows what would of happened if they had continued, ... really? He lost two hands and two sabers, his other two would follow shorty.

But that's beside the point considering I was talking about Kenobi's Force Push propelling him away.

Like a brick...

Jinsoku Takai
he tore his chest open lol

And then got bitchslapped for attempting to do so.

truejedi
he didn't attempt, he got 'er done.

Pwned
I thought jedi werent supposed to do that kind of stuff??????

truejedi
kenobi had was it 3 lovers? Or just 2? I know it was at least 2.

The Mandalorian chick was hot.

Nephthys
Female Vader is hotter. Though she looks ****all like Anakin. Or maybe because.....

http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs30/f/2008/046/1/e/Gundam_00_ep18_fanart_by_torokun.png

I got the names confused, the Mandalorian looks like a doll. Siri Tachi is the one who becomes hot later.

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by truejedi
he didn't attempt, he got 'er done.

He never "tore his chest open" TJ. He got smacked down trying.

If he hadn't managed to pry open his chest, he wouldn't have been able to kill him with the blaster shot. It was only because he shot him in the spot where the armor had gotten peeled away that Greivous died.

truejedi
yes, what blax said.

Jinsoku Takai
After the watching the fight again, I realize I was wrong. Apologies.

KuRuPT Thanosi

Do you have another version of the movie than the rest of us?

Omega Vision
Maul is so much cooler.

Not sure about a fight though.

Lord Lucien
I got the names confused, the Mandalorian looks like a doll. Siri Tachi is the one who becomes hot later. Is that the one who they modeled after Britney Spears?Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Do you have another version of the movie than the rest of us? Do you? During their saber fight, did you see Kenobi backhand Grievous away, or did you see him Force push him away?

Omega Vision
Is that the one who they modeled after Britney Spears? Do you? During their saber fight, did you see Kenobi backhand Grievous away, or did you see him Force push him away?
As I recall Obi Wan defeated Grievous with his own blaster. I don't even remember a force push happening, it must not have been all that important.

truejedi
oops. You tried to call TG wrong about something that happened in a movie non-the less.

Failure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XqKvKUTElA

try 1:45

Nephthys
To be fair, even I forgot about that bit.

truejedi
lols, failure all around then. i knew what he spoke of.

Lord Lucien
Yeah, really. Failure for everyone. Half the people here forget that Kenobi and Grievous actually had a lightsaber fight.

Nephthys
They what!?

Naw. erm

draylok3
grevious all out on this one sure maul is agile but he only knows basic force powers and grevious beat 6 jedi 2 of them masters in the council who is ki-adi-mundi and shaakti and maul be qui gon but obi wan beat him also maul got beaten by darth vader and luke skywalker while grevious would just of killed them without breaking a sweat im talking about the old clone wars series the new one grevious is a coward i mean that sucks grevious is awesome i mean it grevious would win no doubt

truejedi
periods suck dude. you rock. let me see if i've got this straight:

Grievous > 6 Jedi >Maul >Qui-Gonn< Maul< Kenobi >Maul <Vader, Luke < Grievous > New sucky grievous?

Equals a no doubt Grievous win?

Clear as a bell.

Slash_KMC

Grievous > 6 Jedi >Maul >Qui-Gonn< Maul< Kenobi >Maul <Vader, Luke < Grievous > New sucky grievous?

Clear as a bell.

I wish you were my personal translator. I've got some trouble reading whatever language he is employing.

DAMN THIS THREAD

Lord Lucien

Clear as a bell. Your ability to truncate nonsense in to these squiggle sound-drawings is f*cking brilliant!

Rancor
Love this match. It's just awesome. I suspect Grievous would win, but Maul does have the force which grievous lacks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.