The Dark Knight vs Arkham Asylum

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Martin
Which do you think was biggest sucess(not by popular opinion among media critics) in your view as a Batman?

For me, The Dark Knight was HUGE. Left a bigger impact than a video game ever will on me. BUT, the fact that Arkham Asylum lets YOU be in control of a comic-book styled Batman, and involves Conroy and Hamill is awesome. Not to mention the rediculously high quality of the product from a video game perspective. Story, graphics, gameplay, voicework, lighting, etc. all get A scores. Then, it goes WAAAYY deeper into the comic mythos than a movie could hope to.

I think Arkham Asylum is the Batman we know we'll never see on the big screen.

The Dark Knight made a much bigger impact on the film industry as well IMO than Arkham Asylum did for the gaming community.

Thoughts?

Doc Ock
It's apples and oranges. One is a video game, and the other is a movie.

I love them both. Best things to happen to Batman in years.

Darth Martin
Agreed that both are the two best things to happen to the character recently. Although, Pubic Enemies and especially Under the Red Hood are extremely worthy.

Any other thoughts from anyone?

BlackZero30x
i think that Arkham Asylum was just as good as the dark knight just in it's own genre of entertainment

-Pr-
I think Arkham Asylum was a truer representation of the comics, but i can't see a movie ever capturing that kind of mood anyway...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.