Marriage among Jedi in the Old Republic - what if it was okay?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
If the Jedi in the Old Republic were allowed to marry like in NJO, would problems with attachment be less severe? If Anakin was allowed to marry Padme openly and he had those visions would he still have turned? Anakin could have just thought, "well I just take her to the hospital." Luke, Leia, Marek & all of the other insanely powerful Jedi wouldn't have to be hidden. So would the Clone Wars & Order 66 have occured?

Nephthys
If Anakin had been able to marry Padme openly, yeah, he'd have had the advice on the whole of Order to support him and advise him on his visions. Plus he probably wouldn't have been so protective of her and he would have been able to actually explain why he was so pissed at not being able to become a Master. The whole secret marriage just created a massive paranoia and trust issues with him and made him veeery easy to manipulate. He wouldn't have fallen imo.

BruceSkywalker
then anakin would not have turned to the darkside and we all would have wasted our money big grin laughing out loud

Lord Lucien
Yeah, what if?

RE: Blaxican
I used to think that Anakin's turning to the dark side was an actual point in favor of the whole banning attachment thing. However, now that I Know that Jedi can openly **** anyone they want and not get in trouble, that idea kind of goes out the window. How many affairs has Obi-Wan had? Like, three? That dude's got no ****ing business trying to give anyone advice on attachments.

Lord Lucien
Makes you wonder just how poony Yoda was.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
I used to think that Anakin's turning to the dark side was an actual point in favor of the whole banning attachment thing. However, now that I Know that Jedi can openly **** anyone they want and not get in trouble, that idea kind of goes out the window. How many affairs has Obi-Wan had? Like, three? That dude's got no ****ing business trying to give anyone advice on attachments.
****ing someone and forming attachments are very different.

But I agree, Obi-Wan was all about forming attachments, he even seemed to be somewhat in love with Asajj Ventress after her disappearance (planting things in memory of her and all that jazz).

RE: Blaxican
Don't correct me in public, *****.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Don't correct me in public, *****.
Not in front of the kids, darling. flirt

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.