New workout plan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kaibs
So I started doing a new workout plan today to further my rehabilitation to get back to the shape I was in before I went to the hospital a while back. The closest thing I've done to a workout like this was in highschool for football. since then I just have done a basic military workout. It's sort of a 12 week plan, so I'm hoping it goes pretty good, but we'll see. After doing one day so far I am exhausted as I find that because of the medicine I have to be on, and because I pretty much lost most of my strength while in the hospital. It consists of something like this. For those who workout let me know if you've done anything similar to it, and how it went for you.

Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays

Weights.

1. Pushups (Against the wall if cannot be performed yet on the floor) 2 sets of 10-15 reps (30 second rest)

2. Two Arm Dumbbell Rows 2 sets of 10-15 reps (30 second rest)

3. Flat Dumbbell Bench Press on the Floor 2 sets of 10-15 reps (30 second rest)

4. One Arm Row 2 sets of 10-15 reps (30 second rest)

5. Shoulder Overhead Press 2 sets of 10-15 reps (30 second rest)

6. Bent Over Laterals 2 sets of 10-15 reps (30 second rest)

7. Dumbbell Curls 2 sets of 10-15 reps (30 second rest)

8. Overhead Triceps Extensions 2 sets of 10-15 reps (30 second rest)

9. Dumbbell Squats 2 sets of 10-15 reps (30 second rest)

10. Stiff Legged Dead lifts 2 sets of 10-15 reps (30 second rest) (Skip if you have lower back problems)

11. Lunges 2 sets of 10-15 reps (30 second rest)

12. Calf Raises 2 sets of 10-15 reps (30 second rest)

Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays: Cardio / Abs.

Abs

1. Crunches 3 sets of Maximum amount of reps that you can perform in good form (30 seconds)

2. Leg Raises 3 sets of Maximum amount of reps that you can perform in good form (30 seconds)

Cardio

1. Walk / Run 2 times morning and night 2 miles each.

It's a lot of work, but I think it will be worth it in the end mixed in with a healthy diet.

mikeydude
Thats cool bro.

Insomniatric
IMO, all of that is pretty unnecessary. There are less complicated and more effective ways to stay in shape.

This is what I do to build strength, it's just a portion of my workout program, but you should check it out.

This is Isometric training (what Bruce Lee was famous for)
http://www.bullyxtreme.net/

And this is pretty badass also (Bruce Lee also did this, I do it too. It's awesome.)
http://www.coreforceenergy.com/

Kaibs
Originally posted by Insomniatric
IMO, all of that is pretty unnecessary. There are less complicated and more effective ways to stay in shape.

This is what I do to build strength, it's just a portion of my workout program, but you should check it out.

This is Isometric training (what Bruce Lee was famous for)
http://www.bullyxtreme.net/

And this is pretty badass also (Bruce Lee also did this, I do it too. It's awesome.)
http://www.coreforceenergy.com/

Yes, but I assume you train for MMA judging by your sigs and stuff? If you do that's awesome man, but that's an entirely different type of training. I am also forced to go about 2 - 3 as hard regime wise because of the drugs my doctors make me take since being out of the hospital. It's basically just to ensure that I can go back to my regular military standard workout in the end. But i'lll check yours out too and let you know my opinion on it! Thanks for suggestions bro.

Mr. Rhythmic
Due to my college classes, I had to separate my workouts. My schedule varies A LOT, normally adding more than what's on this list. On Friday, I normally also run from about 45 minutes, then go to the punching bag later in the day. However, this is what I almost always stick to.
NOTE: My Bicep/Tricep/Chest/Back workouts vary days.

sets x reps

SUNDAY - All body parts.
10x10 - Backlifts
10x10 - DB Presses
10x10 - Curls (any choice)
10x10 - Tricep extensions
10x10 - Pullups
10x10 - Shoulder Press

5 Time Circuit
Pullups - MAX
Back Lifts - MAX
Pushups - MAX
Lateral Shoulder Lifts or Barbell Shoulder Presses - 25
Burpees - 30

MONDAY - Rest

TUESDAY/THURSDAY - BICEPS/TRICEPS/SHOULDERS
Barbell Curls - either 4x10,8,6,to failure or 10x10
Close Grip Benchpress - 6x6 (10 second rest)
1 Arm Incline Seated Curl - 5x10 (first set heaviest)
Alternating Hammer Curls - 4x10,8,6,to failure
Skull Crushers - 5x15/MAX
Machine Curls - 3x25, 1xMAX
Machine Triceps Extensions - 3x25, 1xMAX
Preacher Curls - 5x12
Triceps Extensions - As many reps until failure.
Dips - 250/500

SHOULDERS
Machine Presses - 5x20
Machine Laterals - 5x20
Military Press - 5x10
Incline Laterals and Laterals (Supersets) - 6x10
Standing Up Military Presses (Front and Back) - 4x10
Shrugs - 5x20

Later - Finish off to total 500 dips.

WEDNESDAY/FRIDAY - CHEST/BACK
CHEST
DB Presses - 10x10 (Anytime you don't reach 10 doesn't count)
or
Incline Presses - 6x10
Incline Flyes - 6x10
DB Presses 6x10
1 Arm DB Presses - 5xMAX

BACK
Pullups and Pushups (superset) - 6xMAX
Cable Rows - 4x25,15,10, to failure
Pulldowns - 4x25,15,10, to failure
1 Arm DB Rows - 4x25,15,10, to failure
DB Upward Rows - 6/9x10
Pullups - Until failure

SATURDAY
Run 5/6 miles
10x10 Calf Raises
10x10 1 Leg Extensions
10x10 Hamstring Curls
10x10 Leg Presses

Mr. Rhythmic
Every night except Mondays and certain other days, I do either these two videos back to back with no rest:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tDZRogSbbU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44mgUselcDU&feature=channel

or

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7tcpx_p90x-ab-ripper-x-part-1_school
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7tcqp_p90x-ab-ripper-x-part-2_school
No rest whatsoever, even when the video starts or anytime they rest

Insomniatric
Originally posted by Kaibs
Thanks for suggestions bro.

You're welcome

Rogue Jedi
I have a new workout plan. Get to the gym.

Dave_97
my plan,
follow RJ to the gym,
eat ice cream beside him.

Kaibs
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I have a new workout plan. Get to the gym.

Why you gotta mock the thread sir. Why?

Kaibs
Originally posted by Dave_97
my plan,
follow RJ to the gym,
eat ice cream beside him.

Kodak, you would not only eat it besides him, but drip it over his face while he's probably on the bench press.

Dave_97
Kodak, you would not only eat it besides him, but drip it over his face while he's probably on the bench press. i'd rub the KFC Double Down all over my double chin, i'd the the grease drip down on him.

Kaibs
i'd rub the KFC Double Down all over my double chin, i'd the the grease drip down on him.

I kinda wanna throw up now.

mikeydude
laughing out loud

Dave_97
I kinda wanna throw up now. Bulimia isnt a workout, but you will drop some weight.
stick to it buddy thumb up

Mr. Rhythmic
I changed two of my plans.

CHEST
Incline DB Press - 10x10
DB Press - 5x10
Seated Wire Chest Press - 10x10

BICEPS/TRICEPS
Wide Machine Curls - 10x10 + Tricep Extensions 10x10
Hammer Machine Curls - 10x10 + Tricep Extensions 10x10
Close Machine Curls - 10x10 + Tricep Ext. 10x10
Medium Length Machine Curls - 10x10 +Tric. Ext. 10x10
Preacher Curls - 10x10 + Tricep Ext. - 10x10 (non-superset)
Medium Length Machine Curls - 4x25 + Tricep Ext. 4x25

Kaibs
Bulimia isnt a workout, but you will drop some weight.
stick to it buddy thumb up

That's not what your sister said sad

Dave_97
That's not what your sister said sad laughing

its funny cause my sister is a whore and you've most likely slept with her.

but srsly no expression her boyfriends beat her.

Kaibs
laughing

its funny cause my sister is a whore and you've most likely slept with her.

Yeah yeah, I know you told me. It is messed up, but you did leave yourself open for that comeback at the same time so I couldn't resist haha. You should just tell her to invest in O.C. Spray... that will probably keep her boyfriends from beating her.

Dave_97
nah, i was just gonna keep on not talking to her and taking this family silence thing i've got going to my grave.

Kaibs
nah, i was just gonna keep on not talking to her and taking this family silence thing i've got going to my grave.

Well you're gonna have to talk to em when you tell them you're right.

Dave_97
Well you're gonna have to talk to em when you tell them you're right. thats what signs are for, or i could say it in French, or ASL. (they wont understand it)

Yeah i can sign, or at least, im learning how to.
Got a problem with that? F*ck you, thats what.

Kaibs
thats what signs are for, or i could say it in French, or ASL. (they wont understand it)

Yeah i can sign, or at least, im learning how to.
Got a problem with that? F*ck you, thats what.

I'm telling you. Just do the idea I gave you. It's pretty awesome since your cheap ass only wants to use 10 dollars. Unless you're willing to get your friends involved then I got an even more ****ed up plan for you.

Dave_97
I'm telling you. Just do the idea I gave you. It's pretty awesome since your cheap ass only wants to use 10 dollars. Unless you're willing to get your friends involved then I got an even more ****ed up plan for you. nah, im good being cheap, speaking of which, opened a savings account today.
and didnt buy that 179$ gift i wanted.... i wanted it for myself, but i said "No, Matt/Dave, you are saving to rebuild your PC damnit"

cheap, but smat. ...er.. smart.

Kaibs
Matt?

And then well just get your friends to help you. It would be great be like GO TEAM GO. And good job with teh savings account. You should put it on a cd or something so you can't touch it.

Dave_97
yeah man, my name is matt.

i dont need a password for it, i've got shockingly good control when it comes to money....well... these days.

Kaibs
If your name is Matt, then what's up with Dave? Middle name or something?

That's good, in the past when I had an enormous amount to spend I didn't give a shit it was stupid. But I quickly realized how dumb I was being and just invested a lot of it and spread it to different accounts. Saving can be hard as hell though for some people.

Dave_97
there is a long story behind the whole "dave" thing.
but no, its not a part of my name, nor the name of anybody in my family, or friends, or anyone i know.

its always good to see the errors of your ways.

Kaibs
Hahaha how random of you then. That's pretty funny all things considering. And yes it is always good when people change themselves for teh better.

dadudemon

And you don't beat her boyfriends down for doing that? Isn't that a brother's job?: "beat the crappy boyfriends up when they beat your sister."

I could have sworn that was in the book called "What it Means to Be a Brother." hmm

Well...that...............or use the brain (for those less than savage) and get the "wife-beater" thrown in jail for aggravated battery (deadly version of battery.)

This is the part where you say: "YOU DON'T KNOW ME, FOOL! DIS IS MY FAMILY, MY PROBLEMS!"

Rogue Jedi
yeah man, my name is matt.

i dont need a password for it, i've got shockingly good control when it comes to money....well... these days. ***** THERE'S ONLY ONE MATT HERE AND THAT'S IMPEDIMENT!!!!!

Dave_97
Originally posted by dadudemon
And you don't beat her boyfriends down for doing that? Isn't that a brother's job?: "beat the crappy boyfriends up when they beat your sister."

I could have sworn that was in the book called "What it Means to Be a Brother." hmm

Well...that...............or use the brain (for those less than savage) and get the "wife-beater" thrown in jail for aggravated battery (deadly version of battery.)

This is the part where you say: "YOU DON'T KNOW ME, FOOL! DIS IS MY FAMILY, MY PROBLEMS!" i've got morals, i just dont give a crap about her.
if my other sister was getting beat, i'd be on the first bus out to toronto to put that tall bastard in the hospital(her boyfriend is tall, i am jealous of tall people).... and then maybe grab a beer with kramer... (he's a sexy sexy aussie, and i want to take a trip to his down under awesome)

But as far as her getting beat, it's been happening for the past 6 years(couple boyfriends, and random guys she sleeps with) if she hasn't clued in to stop dating/sleeping with these types of guys, I see no point in sticking up for her anymore.

i do believe in the idea of family, but aside from 2 of my cousins, nobody else does.

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
***** THERE'S ONLY ONE MATT HERE AND THAT'S IMPEDIMENT!!!!!
he is one handsome bastard.

Rogue Jedi
You're a bastard, ya bastard.

Dave_97
john, you've thought i was a bastard for years.
nothing new about that.

Rogue Jedi
You trying to break my heart?

Dave_97
yes, but i'll settle for breaking your bones.

chair

Rogue Jedi
Shot in the heart.

dadudemon
i've got morals, i just dont give a crap about her.
if my other sister was getting beat, i'd be on the first bus out to toronto to put that tall bastard in the hospital(her boyfriend is tall, i am jealous of tall people).... and then maybe grab a beer with kramer... (he's a sexy sexy aussie, and i want to take a trip to his down under awesome)

But as far as her getting beat, it's been happening for the past 6 years(couple boyfriends, and random guys she sleeps with) if she hasn't clued in to stop dating/sleeping with these types of guys, I see no point in sticking up for her anymore.

i do believe in the idea of family, but aside from 2 of my cousins, nobody else does.

Well, good. I was just in the mood for ball-breakin' at the moment . It's really none of my business, dude.

I HAD a friend that gets beat by her boyfriend. I called him up, told him to step being an ***hole. She called me up, immediately afterwards (about 30 seconds after I got off the phone) scared sh*tless, and sobbed, like she was about to die (she was acting like she was in one of the Saw traps...the kind that you will die in, no matter what), and told me to never call her or talk to her again and she would do the same (I actually lol'd at how "death is immanent" she was being and I tried not to...but it was just sooo stupid how stupid she was being). Then she said, "do you know what you've down. OMG! You don't know how he is!"

And she hung up.

Then I sent her an e-mail, calling her an idiot. I told her if she cannot muster the courage to leave his sorry *ss, then maybe she deserves the beat downs that randomly occur.

I will not pretend that I want to understand her rationale for staying with such a douche and if she wants to throw away a good friend because of him, so be it.

We haven't spoken or communicated, in any form, in 2 years. I do not regret it, one bit. I do not miss her, I do not desire to communicate, nothing. My life is better without her stupid drama.

Dave_97
Originally posted by dadudemon
Well, good. I was just in the mood for ball-breakin' at the moment . It's really none of my business, dude.

I HAD a friend that gets beat by her boyfriend. I called him up, told him to step being an ***hole. She called me up, immediately afterwards (about 30 seconds after I got off the phone) scared sh*tless, and sobbed, like she was about to die (she was acting like she was in one of the Saw traps...the kind that you will die in, no matter what), and told me to never call her or talk to her again and she would do the same (I actually lol'd at how "death is immanent" she was being and I tried not to...but it was just sooo stupid how stupid she was being). Then she said, "do you know what you've down. OMG! You don't know how he is!"

And she hung up.

Then I sent her an e-mail, calling her an idiot. I told her if she cannot muster the courage to leave his sorry *ss, then maybe she deserves the beat downs that randomly occur.

I will not pretend that I want to understand her rationale for staying with such a douche and if she wants to throw away a good friend because of him, so be it.

We haven't spoken or communicated, in any form, in 2 years. I do not regret it, one bit. I do not miss her, I do not desire to communicate, nothing. My life is better without her stupid drama. Some people, Eh?

nah, i dont mind about ball breakin' i should stick up for her, but i just don't care, we've always done that back and forth one upping the other with fights, and after the last one i was all "**** it, i've tried to be your bother, but if family really means that little to you, then it'll mean that little to me" so i haven't spoken to her in almost 2 years.

i dont know about her, but im better for it,

BUT BACK TO TOPIC.

i am going to work out today, i dont have a set amount of anything i do, i just do sit ups, crunches, push ups, running, chin ups, etc, until it hurts like hell.
Should get a gym pass, because as it stands, i do my chin ups at the park up the street, hells yeah monkey-bars!

dadudemon
Some people, Eh?

nah, i dont mind about ball breakin' i should stick up for her, but i just don't care, we've always done that back and forth one upping the other with fights, and after the last one i was all "**** it, i've tried to be your bother, but if family really means that little to you, then it'll mean that little to me" so i haven't spoken to her in almost 2 years.

i dont know about her, but im better for it,

BUT BACK TO TOPIC.

i am going to work out today, i dont have a set amount of anything i do, i just do sit ups, crunches, push ups, running, chin ups, etc, until it hurts like hell.
Should get a gym pass, because as it stands, i do my chin ups at the park up the street, hells yeah monkey-bars!

Yes, sh*t happens and people can be sh*tty. Your sis sounds a lot like that other gal I spoke of: logic simply won't work on her.

Back on topic:

Doing just pushups, situps, running, and chin ups is still a great way to get into shape AND build muscle. The only thing you could do to improve that routine is adding in some single leg squats. You'll probably have to hold onto something while you do them because it is hard, at first, to do single leg squats. After a while, they'll start to get way too easy, and, you'll want to start add weight. You can hold a 5 gallon bucket of water while you do it (put it on your lap) or a 5-gallon bucket of paint.

Same thing with chin ups: you'll get to the point to where 30 is nothing so you'll want to weight yourself down. Here, you can buy one of those belts that has a chain and you can buy some weight plates and use the chain belt to hook up the plates and make chin ups and pull ups harder. You biceps and back muscles will get quite big from doing those.

From there, do some dips: weighted or otherwise.

At the end of the day, you'll build lots of muscle and increase your cardio.

You just have to be sure to eat enough protein to build muscle.

If you do a routine like that, 4-5 days out of the week, you'll be burning so many calories that you'll have a hard time eating enough food to keep up.

That's about where I am, at the moment (except, I do weight lifting instead of the other items you mentioned)...just need a tad bit more cardio in my routine and I'll be a walking furnace, again.

Kaibs
I actually modified my workout a little bit. Now I just do crunches everyday after every workout except on Sunday. I also do pushups the same way. I started doing an extra set with the weight workouts still using my 35 lb dumbells. It's working out pretty awesome so far.

Mr. Rhythmic
I have a lot of exams and projects this week, so I modified my workout a bit this week.

This week from Wednesday (which has passed) to either Friday or Saturday, I have changed my schedule to more home-oriented workouts.

FOUR TIMES IN THE DAY (1,000 reps each in total, but 250 each per workout)
100 pushups
100 Dips
Superset: 6 sets of 25 pushups and 25 dips

However, in the fourth one, I also do my 20 minute ab workout.

On Saturday (possibly) and Sunday, I will counter this with the same workout, but with pullups and curls at the gym.

Kaibs
Since I will be out of town on Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I am modifying my workout plan. I'll probably keep it this way for a while too. Everyday I'm going to keep doing crunches, and situps. But I'm also going to start running again everyday or do some sort of cardio on top of the days I still lift. It should workout good. Hopefully the hotels I will be at has a treadmill or something at least or I'm gonna be pissed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.