King Kong versus the Hydes...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
King Kong

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv341/jedibeastie2/king_kong_movie_roar.jpg

Versus Hyde (League of Extraordinary Gentlemen)

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv341/jedibeastie2/Mr_Hyde.jpg

Evil Hyde (League of Extraordinary Gentlemen)

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv341/jedibeastie2/hyde1.jpg

And Hyde (Van Helsing)

http://i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv341/jedibeastie2/foy_0504b_01.jpg

Fight takes place on the streets of New York, in broad daylight. All 3 Hydes have taken enough serum so that they stay in Hyde form throughout the fight.

Who wins?

Kaibs
Umm are we allowed to use all of Kong's feats from all of his movies?

Or is this specific to only Peter Jackon's Kong.

Rogue Jedi
Just Peter Jackson's Kong, hence the pic. Or both.

Scenario one, Jackson Kong. Scenario two, all Kongs.

BruceSkywalker
what are hyde's feats/powers/skills?

Rogue Jedi
Big ass white boys who are super strong and have uber damage soak.

Kaibs
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Just Peter Jackson's Kong, hence the pic. Or both.

Scenario one, Jackson Kong. Scenario two, all Kongs.

Well.. I was asking as in you just said King Kong. I didn't say it had to be literally mulitple Kongs as opposed to just using the feats as a whole. As if it was the case then well the Hydes would die instantly... as Kong went up against Godzilla.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Kaibs
Well.. I was asking as in you just said King Kong. I didn't say it had to be literally mulitple Kongs as opposed to just using the feats as a whole. As if it was the case then well the Hydes would die instantly... as Kong went up against Godzilla.

I was leaning towards the recent Kong, but I gotcha.

KingD19
Yeah, Rubber Suit Kong did pretty good against Godzilla....meaning he was frickin huge.

Jackson Kong has his work cut out for him though.

Rogue Jedi
Well.. I was asking as in you just said King Kong. I didn't say it had to be literally mulitple Kongs as opposed to just using the feats as a whole. As if it was the case then well the Hydes would die instantly... as Kong went up against Godzilla. You're right haermm Let's keep this jackson Kong.

Kaibs
Lame. Jackson Kong didn't show any real awesome feats except killing a dinosaur that all the hydes together could probably take down. So in the end Jackson Kong probably dies.

Rogue Jedi
OK, you seem to know more about the Kongs than I do, break it down, Kong for Kong. Feel free to add, consider this your thread.

Kaibs
Well I'd say... just it'd be one Kong, but we're allowed to use all his feats except him fighting Godzilla. Because like stated earlier. The Hydes would die in seconds. Literally seconds.

Rogue Jedi
What about a "gauntlet?"

Kaibs
Define how you would use it... if you're adding more than Hydes then that's probably another thread you should create. And if it's Hydes only then they'd be better off as a team against Kong.

Rogue Jedi
No, same three Hydes. Facing each Kong in order of strength. How far do they make it?

Kaibs
OH gotcha. Well then they get past Jackson's Kong. They might beat O.G. Kong in his original movie. Then they'd die to any other version of Kong used in crossovers.

Rogue Jedi
My personal fave Kong is the one with Jeff Bridges. Jessica Lange was droolio

Kaibs
Jeff Bridges is legend. So I can appreciate that.

Rogue Jedi
The attack choppers, I liked that scene more than the biplanes.

Kaibs
In the end no matter what director remakes that movie. That shit will always be corny as hell.

Robtard
Kong stomps them, easy. Ape's fast, agile, strong and a master of fighting multiples while juggling around and keeping safe white-girls.

the ninjak
If all the Hydes have is their fists then they die.

Rogue Jedi
They can use anything around them as weapons, obviously.

Robtard
And Kong can use the smallest Hyde (Helsing) as a small club to pummel the other two to death if need be, though I don't think he'd need to, ape-power/speed should be enough to break bones and crush skulls.

Fun fact: Gorillas have one of the stronger bites in the animal kingdom.

Rogue Jedi
Evil Hyde was smashing Hyde into stone pillars head first in LXG.

Robtard
Kong tore apart T-Rexs and crushed their skulls. He was also able to shrug off T-Rex bites as if they were nothing more than a nuisance.

Kong's definitely faster and more agile than the two larger Hydes. I'd guess he's also stronger, that boulder be picked up with one arm wasn't small. Though I don't recall LXG all too well.

How tall/large were they anyways?

Rogue Jedi
The Hydes were 7-8 feet, evil Hyde I am guessing about 10.

Robtard
That's all?

It's a no contest then, Kong crushes.

http://www.scifimoviepage.com/images/kingkong_2005.jpg

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
That's all?

It's a no contest then, Kong crushes.

http://www.scifimoviepage.com/images/kingkong_2005.jpg It's not that simple, Rob. Any of the 3 Hydes were able to climb buildings like Spidey. All it takes is one to jump on Kong's back and start pounding on his head. If it's Evil Hyde? Shit, Kongs in trouble.

Robtard
Kong took T-Tex bites without a problem, so he's not made of butter; a couple of small midgets (compared to him) punching his skull won't do shit. All he need do is roll (as he did) on his back and there goes that tactic.

Kong also can climb.

the ninjak
The Hydes are athletic and can climb buildings quickly.
If they can jump on his back they can shove a sharp metal pole though vitals. Archilles heel, eyes, throat. Very risky.

Old school TNT barrels would obviously do the trick.

Robtard
Good lord, Kong's the ninja of apes and lives in a world where gigantic prehistoric animals with very large teeth try to snack on him. Three midgets aren't taking him down before they get turned to road-rash.

The biggest Hyde would barely come up to his chest, if we use Naomi in that pic as a unit of measure. He'd weight maybe half a ton, Kong's probably in the 50+ ton range, being conservative.

The "old school TNT barrels" was funny though.

Kaibs
I thought we already put this debate to rest lol.

Robtard
No, Kong is being greatly underrated here. Dude was a total beast in Jackson's film, more so than any other Kong depicted so far. With the exception of the Kong in 'King Kong Vs. Godzilla.'

Kaibs
Think so? IDK I'll have to rewatch it I guess. But neither Kong competes with any Kong that was in a crossover. The Godzilla Kong we've already talked about of course.

Rogue Jedi
No, Kong is being greatly underrated here. Dude was a total beast in Jackson's film, more so than any other Kong depicted so far. With the exception of the Kong in 'King Kong Vs. Godzilla.' Mhm, so much a beast that Nacho Libre took him out with some cheap perfume.

Robtard
Mhm, so much a beast that Nacho Libre took him out with some cheap perfume.

You know PIS when you see it.

The pounding, tearing and smashing apart of four T-Rexs while protecting Naomi speaks for itself. That and the massive size difference, considering this would be little more than a slug-fest, as all four combatants are little more than brutes.

This is only part of the fight, but Kong's an MMA fool, punches, kicks, throws etc:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt2Q4BB8nRg

Note at 1:29, that boulder Kong effortlessly picks up and slams would be larger and heavier than the largest Hyde.

ares834
Mhm, so much a beast that Nacho Libre took him out with some cheap perfume.
Hey! That perfume may be cheap, but it works. It gets all the girls to come into my home!

Rogue Jedi
You know PIS when you see it.

The pounding, tearing and smashing apart of four T-Rexs while protecting Naomi speaks for itself. That and the massive size difference, considering this would be little more than a slug-fest, as all four combatants are little more than brutes.

This is only part of the fight, but Kong's an MMA fool, punches, kicks, throws etc:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt2Q4BB8nRg

Note at 1:29, that boulder Kong effortlessly picks up and slams would be larger and heavier than the largest Hyde. Quote where I questioned Kong's strength.

Robtard
Quote where I questioned Kong's strength.

The **** you talking about, quote where I said you said such a thing?

I'm posting why Kong would stomp here.

Rogue Jedi
The **** you talking about, quote where I said you said such a thing?

I'm posting why Kong would stomp here. Totally downplaying the damage soak of the Hydes too.

Robtard
Totally downplaying the damage soak of the Hydes too.

I did how? They're exceptionally tough, all three of them, but Kong's way more than they've handled before.

If Kong can rip and smash T-Rexs that are many, many times bigger and heavier than the Hydes are, well, you get the picture.

Rogue Jedi
Mhm, but the T Rex's weren't as fast as the Hydes. Nor were they intelligent.

Robtard
So what do you suggest, the Hydes are going to speed-blitz and outsmart Kong to death, somehow hit him without being hit in return? If you have some case, make it; I'll listen.

Kong died from massive blood-loss and falling 102 stories; considering he didn't splatter all over the sidewalk from that massive fall, that's yet another testament of how durable the ape is. I don't see the Hydes pulling off greater, even if they happen to last a long time, which is doubtful.

Rogue Jedi
So what do you suggest, the Hydes are going to speed-blitz and outsmart Kong to death, somehow hit him without being hit in return? If you have some case, make it; I'll listen.

Kong died from massive blood-loss and falling 102 stories; considering he didn't splatter all over the sidewalk from that massive fall, that's yet another testament of how durable the ape is. I don't see the Hydes pulling off greater, even if they happen to last a long time, which is doubtful.

Both Hydes retained their intelligence while in Hyde mode. They were Doctors, pretty sharp chaps. Two Doctors versus Kong in a battle of intelligence.....Doctors. Kong is just a beast, dumb as a stump. The Hydes will likely form a strategy and work as a team to bring him down.

They had major damage soak too, I'll watch the movies later to quote them, it's been a while.

Robtard
And when they fought, they mainly used their brawn, but okay, what are they going to do, these geniuses?

Mind you, Kong's not going to wait while they talk strategy and think of some plan, he'll be punching, kicking, grabbing, smashing and throwing.

Rogue Jedi
They used their brawn, yeah, but they weren't mindless beasts.

Robtard
No one said they were.

Rogue Jedi
And since they have the capability to form a strategy, they will. Kong will just fight like a mindless beast.

Robtard
And since they have the capability to form a strategy, they will. Kong will just fight like a mindless beast.
Repeat:
And when they fought, they mainly used their brawn, but okay, what are they going to do, these geniuses?

Mind you, Kong's not going to wait while they talk strategy and think of some plan, he'll be punching, kicking, grabbing, smashing and throwing.

If you look at the T-Rex fight and pay attention, Kong was more than just a "mindless beast." Ape's aren't "mindless" animals, dude.

Rogue Jedi
Repeat:

If you look at the T-Rex fight and pay attention, Kong was more than just a "mindless beast." Ape's aren't "mindless" animals, dude.

Mindless beasts is an exaggeration, I admit. But he never had a strategy. He simply fought reactionary and with no plan.

Kaibs
You're going a bit to far RJ, Kong would kill all of the Hydes. Feats or no feats being used here.

Rogue Jedi
I don't think it's as easy as all that. I'm pretty much undecided, but "Kong stomps!!!" Yeah, I have trouble believing that.

Kaibs
Well since it's Jackson's Kong he would not stomp. I have said such things already. But he would win none the less. I don't think he'd walk away unscathed or anything.

Robtard
Mindless beasts is an exaggeration, I admit. But he never had a strategy. He simply fought reactionary and with no plan.

Same can pretty much be said about the three Hydes. Good-Hyde was the only thinker, iirc.

Kong showed quick thinking actually, he had four opponents trying to eat his white-girl and kill him. He kept her safe; himself from serious harm, while beating the four of them.

If you have some plan how the Hydes could take Kong down before they're mangled into monkey-meat, go on. As it stands, you have three smaller and outclassed opponents versus a much larger, faster, stronger, agile and battle-hardened wrecking-ball.

Rogue Jedi
Well since it's Jackson's Kong he would not stomp. I have said such things already. But he would win none the less. I don't think he'd walk away unscathed or anything. And I went with what you said, seeing as you know more about the Kong.

IF one of the Hydes gets on Kong's head, starts pounding away, Kong is in trouble. I already said this. With 3 of them, his attention will be split 3 ways, so this is pretty likely to happen.

Kaibs
You're severely underestimating the intelligence of Kong. We already know the Hydes were pretty smart, but you seem to forget for the most part they are always in rage mode rather than using their intellect for the most part.

Robtard
And I went with what you said, seeing as you know more about the Kong.

IF one of the Hydes gets on Kong's head, starts pounding away, Kong is in trouble. I already said this. With 3 of them, his attention will be split 3 ways, so this is pretty likely to happen.

102 story fall didn't splatter Kong's head, you think even the largest Hyde is going to be able to do it before Kong reaches back and grabs or flings him off?

Rogue Jedi
102 story fall didn't splatter Kong's head, you think even the largest Hyde is going to be able to do it before Kong reaches back and grabsor flings him off? Does a boxer's head splatter when he is KO'd?

You're severely underestimating the intelligence of Kong. We already know the Hydes were pretty smart, but you seem to forget for the most part they are always in rage mode rather than using their intellect for the most part. Both Hydes were aware and had thought, they knew what they were doing. The intelligence was there. Evil Hyde? He was mindless.

Robtard
So they're going to KO Kong now with a couple of punches...

This is another one of those threads where it's skewed heavily to one side, yet you refuse to acknowledge.

Rogue Jedi
So they're going to KO Kong now with a couple of punches...

This is another one of those threads where it's skewed heavily to one side, yet you refuse to acknowledge. Did I say they KO Kong with a coupla punches? The possibility of the Hydes using their speed to evade Kongs devastating strength, wearing him down, it's not impossible.

Kaibs
Kong's not going to be KO'ed considering he would KO them in one punch before they did to him.

Robtard
Did I say they KO Kong with a coupla punches? The possibility of the Hydes using their speed to evade Kongs devastating strength, wearing him down, it's not impossible.

They wouldn't last into the later rounds, considering Kong could/would likely kill or incapacitate them with a single hit.

I don't think you're truly seeing the massive size and weight difference here. This isn't Mighty Joe Young, it's King Kong.

How tall and heavy would you say the largest Hyde is?

Rogue Jedi
OK, watching LXG now. Dante just drank the serum and has transformed into giant Evil Hyde.

Hyde is about the size of Ang Lee's Hulk, Evil Hyde the size of Abomination. Obviously they aren't as strong. VH Hyde is bigger than LXG Hyde, smaller than Abomination.

LXG Hyde just had his head smashed into a stone wall several times by Evil Hyde, and it didn't even faze him. Evil Hyde hit Hyde so hard Hyde was thrown about 30 feet back. Whatever the other threw at them, each one recovered quickly.

VH Hyde? Well, he had his arm chopped off and was impaled through the chest and never slowed down. He also lifted a big ass church bell over his head like it was nothing.

Dunno if this helps.

Robtard
So the biggest Hyde is about 9-12 feet tall (depending on which Hulk scene you're taking about) and I'd say he weighs between a 1/2 to 1 ton.

Kong when on his knuckles is 25-30 feet tall (hand to head height) and easily would weigh around 50 tons, considering he's on the bulkier/muscular side of being a gorilla.

See.

Rogue Jedi
I gotcha. And? Size/Bulk only means so much. Kong is facing three Hydes at once, all likely coming from different angles. The T Rex's were all about as tall as Kong, they were easily tagged. The Hydes are faster than the T Rex's and each has mad strength and damage soak. Evil Hyde has sharp claws too.

Kaibs
Don't act like The Hydes exactly have blazing speed to their advantage though because they don't. Kong is agile as **** and pretty swift too. At least one of them would probably get tagged by Kong before anyone could climb his back like you're thinking.

Rogue Jedi
Don't act like The Hydes exactly have blazing speed to their advantage though because they don't. Kong is agile as **** and pretty swift too. At least one of them would probably get tagged by Kong before anyone could climb his back like you're thinking. I'm not downplaying Kongs speed/strength. Getting tagged by Kong will likely piss them off, unless he manages to smash them into the ground repeatedly with his fist.

Kaibs
I'm not downplaying Kongs speed/strength. Getting tagged by Kong will likely piss them off, unless he manages to smash them into the ground repeatedly with his fist.

No sir. Getting tagged by Kong would likely mean death depending on which one got tagged lol.

Rogue Jedi
No sir. Getting tagged by Kong would likely mean death depending on which one got tagged lol. Depends on how well Kong connects.

Kaibs
Well I said getting tagged. By that I meant exactly that which in my definition would mean a direct hit. I didn't say Kong would aggressively brush his fist against one of them lol.

Robtard
I gotcha. And? Size/Bulk only means so much. Kong is facing three Hydes at once, all likely coming from different angles. The T Rex's were all about as tall as Kong, they were easily tagged. The Hydes are faster than the T Rex's and each has mad strength and damage soak. Evil Hyde has sharp claws too.

In a battle like this, size would matter a lot, considering the three smaller opponents are going to have a very hard time doing anything serious to the ape.

I doubt they're more powerful than those T-Rex and if a T-Rex bite didn't do all that much to Kong, small claws won't either. Flesh wounds at best.

Rogue Jedi
Sharp claws to the eyes= Blind Ape.

Kaibs
Oh man... see no. Just no. The chances of that happening are very slim. We've already established that there's a high possibility rate Kong would take out one right off the bat. That would leave two. After which if either tried to climb him to gouge his eyes, or jump it would be even harder. If they jumped it would be foolish bc he could just back hand them in mid air. They aren't in the matrix and can alter their jumps. Climbing would be their best shot, but it's just not gonna work out good for em either way.

Rogue Jedi
How's climbing not gonna work? They're like spidey, climbing shit. If they jump on Kongs back, or even his upper legs, they'll be on his head in seconds.

There are 3 of them, dude, this is where strategy comes into play. Seperate, attack from different angles, one of them will easily get on Kong's back. Or punch him right in the nuts.

Kaibs
Okay. You can't say they're like Spidey climbing shit bc they aren't. Nobody is Spidey climbing shit. Ock couldn't even keep up, and he had 4 additional arms to help him. Let's say one started to climb, then Kong could either simply 1) reach around his back and grab him then proceed to crush his head with his hand. or 2) just run into something to get him off said back. Kong's durability is so higher than the Hydes he could run rampid into shit knocking them off and be fine.

Rogue Jedi
Okay. You can't say they're like Spidey climbing shit bc they aren't. Nobody is Spidey climbing shit. Ock couldn't even keep up, and he had 4 additional arms to help him. Let's say one started to climb, then Kong could either simply 1) reach around his back and grab him then proceed to crush his head with his hand. or 2) just run into something to get him off said back. Kong's durability is so higher than the Hydes he could run rampid into shit knocking them off and be fine. OK, the Spidey comment was a bit out there. But they were quite adept at climbing shit.

IF one of them get on Kong's back, it'd be easy for them to destroy his eyes, you can't deny this. Imagine a cat on your head, dead set on not being removed, it'd take you a few seconds to remove it.

Robtard
Did you not see the Kong fight? Ape rolls and uses MMA. This back-climbing-eye-scratching angle is scraping the barrel for a win, dude.

Why not just accept that one side has more(just about everything) going for them and Kong would in all likelihood win?

Rogue Jedi
Did you not see the Kong fight? Ape rolls and uses MMA. This back-climbing-eye-scratching angle is scraping the barrel for a win, dude.

Why not just accept that one side has more(just about everything) going for them and Kong would in all likelihood win? Here you go again. Bumblebee uses jeet kun do and now Kong uses MMA.

THAT'S funny.

Robtard
BBA used MMA, he punched, kicked, threw his opponents and used joint manipulation.

Kong was more of a joke, but he punched, kicked and uses a couple of body throws.

But really, why not just accept that the Hydes are outclassed in this fight and move on?

Rogue Jedi
BBA used MMA, he punched, kicked, threw his opponents and used joint manipulation.

Kong was more of a joke, but he punched, kicked and uses a couple of body throws.

But really, why not just accept that the Hydes are outclassed in this fight and move on?

Miss this?

I don't think it's as easy as all that. I'm pretty much undecided, but "Kong stomps!!!" Yeah, I have trouble believing that.

Kaibs
OK, the Spidey comment was a bit out there. But they were quite adept at climbing shit.

IF one of them get on Kong's back, it'd be easy for them to destroy his eyes, you can't deny this. Imagine a cat on your head, dead set on not being removed, it'd take you a few seconds to remove it.

I agree they were adept at climbing shit, but Kong was pretty masterful considering he climbed the Empire State Building. And also your comparison isn't that well because us as humans do not have the durability that Kong does. Kong would not only remove it probably not hurt, but he would probably send one of them flying football fields.

Rogue Jedi
I guess.

Robtard
No, I didn't. Though it has nothing to do with what I said.

"Undecided" is not accepting the logical outcome and moving on.

Rogue Jedi
No, I didn't. Though it has nothing to do with what I said.

"Undecided" is not accepting the logical outcome and moving on. Sue me? What's it matter to you? Let me remain undecided and you move on. By not moving on, you're doing the same thing you are accusing me of yes

Robtard
Sue me? What's it matter to you? Let me remain undecided and you move on.

By not moving on, you're doing the same thing you are accusing me of yes

Except you're clearly not undecided when you keep coming back with wacky angles in how the Hydes would win. "Eye scratching" being the latest.

No, dude. If you're still debating pro Hyde, the debate is ongoing, obviously.

Rogue Jedi
Except you're clearly not undecided when you keep coming back with wacky angles in how the Hydes would win. "Eye scratching" being the latest.

No, dude. If you're still debating pro Hyde, the debate is ongoing, obviously. I am debating ways the Hydes COULD win, not WOULD win, there's a big difference.

Robtard
I am debating ways the Hydes COULD win, not WOULD win, there's a big difference.

I accept your concession.

Rogue Jedi
I accept your concession. It's not a concession, I'm still undecided.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.