Rikudo Sennin VS Gol D. Roger

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

AsbestosFlaygon
Rikudo Sennin,

The founder of the ninja world in Naruto who single-handedly defeated the Ten-Tailed Beast.

On his deathbed, he used a chunk of the Earth's crust (Chibaku Tensei) to seal the Ten-Tailed Beast's body, thus creating the moon.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080211155256/narutofanon/images/5/5b/Sage-six-paths.gif

VS

Gol D. Roger,

The strongest pirate that ever lived in One Piece.
During his lifetime, his skill and strength is virtually unmatched.
He has mastered all forms of Haki, and uses it with great ease. His Haki is believed to be strong enough to knock down even the strongest of men.

Revered as "The Pirate King", he is believed to have a bounty of 1 billion Beri, and owns the legendary treasure, One Piece.

http://www.onepiecepics.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/3834274goldroger.jpg

KingD19
While Roger is indeed the shit......we've not seen him do anything(have we)?

But we know that Rikudo beat the original tailed beast, and the 10 tails is supposed to be vastly superior to all his weaker counterparts, including the 9 tails. Plus the guy made the moon, and he looks like a demon...so extra points for him.

King Kandy
Warping off a huge chunk of the entire planet is a pretty good feat.

NemeBro
Rikudo Sennin apparently made the moon with Chibaku Tensei.

That is a vastly greater feat to anything Gol has been implied to be capable of.

menokokoro
Originally posted by NemeBro

That is a vastly greater feat to anything Gol has been implied to be capable of. doesn't mean it would give him the win.

im answering, not enough info, on either of them

Bentley
Originally posted by NemeBro

That is a vastly greater feat to anything Gol has been implied to be capable of.

Gol's moustache is a bigger feat than the moon uhuh

Q99
We also know Rikudo has a perfect Izanagi, which turns illusion real so he can take 'fatal' blows and be just fine as he basically re-writes things into not being killed.

Roger and Whitebeard were pretty close in power, so I'd say Rikudo wins.

KingD19
Isn't Izanagi only available to the Sharingan? I thought Sharingan/Byakugan were derived from the Rinnegan, was it shown using their abilities? Cuz Pein should've been much more deadly if the rinnegan could use them.

menokokoro
Originally posted by Q99
Roger and Whitebeard were pretty close in power, so I'd say Rikudo wins. good point, yeah, Rikudo Sennin wins

Q99
Originally posted by KingD19
Isn't Izanagi only available to the Sharingan? I thought Sharingan/Byakugan were derived from the Rinnegan, was it shown using their abilities? Cuz Pein should've been much more deadly if the rinnegan could use them.

Pain didn't have it, but the Izanagi is basically a jutsu made by combining Uchiha and Senju power, which both came from the sage. With just a sharingan, it lasts a brief moment. Sharingan and some implanted cells like Danzo had, about a minute. Madara had apparently integrated Hashirama's power better as well as having stronger eyes, and could do at least five minutes.

As mastery and power improves, both time and what can be done with it increase too.

Izanagi was what the Sage used to split the 10-tails into the 9 Biju according to Madara.

King Kandy
Oh yeah, that's a good point. Rikudo has eternal eyes and 10 tails has endless chakra, he can use Izanagi forever without burning out.

Q99
Presumably there's some limit, but it should still be sick-powerful.

King Kandy
I don't see why there needs to be a limit... Rikudo pretty much went unchallenged during his lifespan. Even the ten tail was dispatched with what sounds like relative ease.

Q99
Originally posted by King Kandy
I don't see why there needs to be a limit... Rikudo pretty much went unchallenged during his lifespan. Even the ten tail was dispatched with what sounds like relative ease.

He still has a human body and mind. No matter how strong he is, channeling enough chakra takes effort, so while his limits were certainly higher than anyone else's, there should still be some, distant from the norm though they are.

We only know that he did the 10-tails thing, not how easy it was.

NemeBro
Wasn't it stated he was not powerful enough to defeat the Ten Tails, only seal it? Kinda like with the Fourth?

King Kandy
It doesn't say that, though it can reasonably be surmised that he found that the best way of defeating it. Bijuu cannot be permanently destroyed, that we know of, so he could have just been trying to take a long term approach. In any case, it's not like he needed to sacrifice himself to seal it, so it definitely counts as a win. And afterwords, he had the ten-tail's chakra, which made him even stronger.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Q99
He still has a human body and mind. No matter how strong he is, channeling enough chakra takes effort, so while his limits were certainly higher than anyone else's, there should still be some, distant from the norm though they are.

We only know that he did the 10-tails thing, not how easy it was.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/naruto/v50/c467/15.html

Note how Madara dismisses the sage having human limits while a jinchiruki.

Bentley
Gol D. Roger blitzes shifty

Q99
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/naruto/v50/c467/15.html

Note how Madara dismisses the sage having human limits while a jinchiruki.

He says he's beyond what they would consider human, not that he has no limits to his jutsu at all.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Q99
He says he's beyond what they would consider human, not that he has no limits to his jutsu at all.
Sure, but I don't see any reason to think he would be bound to "human" limits in terms of chakra when we already know he was beyond human. I have seen people pass out from using their whole chakra supply, but i've never seen someone injured by using less than their whole supply.

Q99
Sure, but I don't see any reason to think he would be bound to "human" limits in terms of chakra when we already know he was beyond human.

He's just have a different, non-human limit to his chakra.

We have seen people have to cancel jutsu because they can't sustain it any more even when their chakra supply isn't out. Shikamaru's jutsu comes to mind.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Q99
He's just have a different, non-human limit to his chakra.

We have seen people have to cancel jutsu because they can't sustain it any more even when their chakra supply isn't out. Shikamaru's jutsu comes to mind.
I've seen Shikamaru cancel his jutsu because he knew he wouldn't be able to sustain it and wanted to leave chakra for later. I've never seen him WANT to continue using it and running out, even though he still has chakra left. I've never seen anyone run out of the ability to use a jutsu and still having had the chakra left to perform it.

Q99
I've seen Shikamaru cancel his jutsu because he knew he wouldn't be able to sustain it and wanted to leave chakra for later. I've never seen him WANT to continue using it and running out, even though he still has chakra left.

He did during the Hidan fight. Hidan noted there was a time limit to it, and that he had to release and re-establish it occasionally, and each time the time he could hold it got less.

King Kandy
OK, but when Danzo did Izanagi, he canceled it just because he needed to conserve chakra, not because it was too hard on his body (though it also extinguished his eyes for a secondary time limit). Rikudou doesn't have either problem so I don't see why he couldn't keep it up.

NemeBro
Luffy is faster than light!

Gol D. Roger is faster than that!

SPEEDBLITZ!

King Kandy
Wait did they really say Luffy is FTL?

Nephthys
http://i25.tinypic.com/212fldv.gif

Can you deal with it?

menokokoro
omg, im so sick of this argument. dodging someone shooting a beam of light at you does not make you faster than light. If you waited till the beam was shot and then moved, that would make you that fast.

What luffy did was move faster than the pacifista, not the light it shot at him. Also, I don't think they ever said that those are "lasers" he said beams, but a beam does not mean it is light, though I think it is a laser, just saying, we don't know

Bentley
You're just b*tthurt Luffy owns the Narutoverse on his lonesome biscuits

I don't think it's a FTL feat btw, but it's pretty damn impressive.

(But as for this thread, of course Gol speedblitzes and royal haki smacks Rikudo Senin)

menokokoro
oh yeah, i agree its crazy awesome, I mean as a team the strawhats BARELY took one of those down, and he took it out in one punch, after dodging an attack with ease that he was scrambling to dodge before, yeah its amazing smile. and I would LOVE to see luffy in the naruto verse, obviously tehre would be some conflicts, which ther always is with mixing verses, but i think he would doinate pretty much everyone

edit:besides the leet of the leet

Q99
Wait did they really say Luffy is FTL?

No, he dodged a laser fired from a somewhat ponderous user.

We can either conclude the enemy is slow, or the laser is. I go with the enemy smile

Coco292
Luffy would solo the Narutoverse.

Roger was said to be equal to prime whitebeard please tell me this isn't a serious thread -_-

King Kandy
Originally posted by Coco292
Luffy would solo the Narutoverse.

Roger was said to be equal to prime whitebeard please tell me this isn't a serious thread -_-
What did Prime Whitebeard do on level with separating the moon from the Earth?

Coco292
What did Prime Whitebeard do on level with separating the moon from the Earth?

How is that relevant in a fight? unless you think this guy can take on the likes of the Admirals from One Piece.

what's stopping him from getting speed blitz?

menokokoro
How is that relevant in a fight? unless you think this guy can take on the likes of the Admirals from One Piece. PERHAPS HE WOULD DO WHAT NAGATO TRIED TO DO TO NARUTO. AND THAT IS JUST TO DISPLAY THE AMOUNT OF CHAKRA AND CONTROL HE HAS. COMBINED WITH THE ILLUSIONS HE MOST LIKELY CAN DO, AND SEE THROUGH HIS MOVES, AND WELL....ANY JUTSU EVER.

(NOT YELLING, ITS INTERNATIONAL CAPSLOCK DAY)

Coco292
Why is this a thread anyways neither character has any feats 0_o

King Kandy
How is that relevant in a fight? unless you think this guy can take on the likes of the Admirals from One Piece.

Izanagi. Any blows that would damage him, he can just reduce to illusion.

Martian_mind
Luffy's recent feat is hardly the most impressive speedfeat from the crew.

Zoro has that honour, what with wading between hundreds of lightspeed attacks back at thriller bark and all.

Coco292
Originally posted by Martian_mind
Luffy's recent feat is hardly the most impressive speedfeat from the crew.

Zoro has that honour, what with wading between hundreds of lightspeed attacks back at thriller bark and all.

ugh that's hyperbole at best unless you think Kuma shoots at the speed of Kizaru -_-

Q99

In terms of body movement speed, as opposed to laser attacks, the gap between the two is not particularly large, ninja travel at very high speed.

Coco292
Originally posted by Q99
In terms of body movement speed, as opposed to laser attacks, the gap between the two is not particularly large, ninja travel at very high speed.

Faster than humans? no doubt but I'm willing to bet that Luffy speed blitz just about everyone in Naruto.

Q99
Faster than humans? no doubt but I'm willing to bet that Luffy speed blitz just about everyone in Naruto.

I mean, way way faster than humans. Hundred of MPH easy, even for characters not known for speed, near mach to mach speed in some cases.

Gear 2 Luffy is I think faster than almost everyone (though the gate users and Minato may be up there), but the normal non-special technique running speed people have isn't all that high.

Consider how much we see them running around- to and from the auction house, to get to the Marineford execution scaffold, and so on. They're fast, but on foot they don't travel all that fast.

Bentley
Yeah, surely Minato is faster than Goku because Goku runs slowly ermm

Q99
Originally posted by Bentley
Yeah, surely Minato is faster than Goku because Goku runs slowly ermm

?

Goku's got some impressive travel feats and I definitely wouldn't compare Naruto characters to DBZ characters, so I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Naruto's characters cover ground at a rate equal if not faster than OP's, so, movement speed wise (which is separate from attack speed/reflex speed), they measure up pretty well to OP. DB leaves them both in the dust.

Coco292
Originally posted by Q99
?

Goku's got some impressive travel feats and I definitely wouldn't compare Naruto characters to DBZ characters, so I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Naruto's characters cover ground at a rate equal if not faster than OP's, so, movement speed wise (which is separate from attack speed/reflex speed), they measure up pretty well to OP. DB leaves them both in the dust.

I think his point was that just because they aren't as fast movement wise doesnt mean they can't blitz him due to combat speed.

Q99
I think his point was that just because they aren't as fast movement wise doesnt mean they can't blitz him due to combat speed.

But, it does. If you can avoid melee with someone, they can't blitz you.

Coco292
Originally posted by Q99
But, it does. If you can avoid melee with someone, they can't blitz you.

But that's irrelivant because Luffy doesn't use gear 2nd while walking ,going by feats Luffy is at least supersonic but him walking from point a to point b certainly doesnt show that.

Q99
But that's irrelivant because Luffy doesn't use gear 2nd while walking ,going by feats Luffy is at least supersonic but him walking from point a to point b certainly doesnt show that.

Gear 2 is a limited-duration feat that's Luffy specific, though. Whitebeard, Mihawk, plenty of people stronger than him don't have something specific.

Also, similarly, there's the Inner Gates and the like on the Naruto side, which provide temporary supersonic speed as well.

I do not think there is a big enough speed gap to constitute a 'blitz' in any case.

draxx_tOfU
Aokiji was able to leap hundreds of feet in the air to freeze two tsunamis that were towering over Marineford in what seemed like instantaneous. He did this nonchalantly while in a sitting position...

Kizaru can travel as a beam or laser and has impressive combat speed. As does Enel. Another is Kuma who can propel himself in a blink of an eye they mistook it as teleportation...

OP and even Bleach both leave Naruto in the dust when it comes to speed IMO...

as for the fight, I would say the Sage, atleast the dude has feat/s...

Coco292
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
Aokiji was able to leap hundreds of feet in the air to freeze two tsunamis that were towering over Marineford in what seemed like instantaneous. He did this nonchalantly while in a sitting position...

Kizaru can travel as a beam or laser and has impressive combat speed. As does Enel. Another is Kuma who can propel himself in a blink of an eye they mistook it as teleportation...

OP and even Bleach both leave Naruto in the dust when it comes to speed IMO...

as for the fight, I would say the Sage, atleast the dude has feat/s...

those feats are?

NemeBro
Making the moon with Chibaku Tensei and being a master of Izanagi.

Demonic Phoenix
^ Making the moon while nearly dead and lacking the Jubi's chakra.

King Kandy
Not to mention sealing the Jyuubi itself. For a creature that powerful, his mastery of jutsu must have been insane. I mean, other seals we've seen either relied on inanimate objects with enchantments of their own, or cost the user's life w/ death god summon. Sage just used pure power and absorbed the thing.

AsbestosFlaygon
Rikudo Sennin is stronger than Gol, imho.

Q99
Originally posted by draxx_tOfU

Ok. Sakura's lept hundreds of feet from a crouching position. During the Kabuto/Orochimaru bridge meeting. Yamato made a hand signal and she, Sai, and Naruto lept from way back behind cover to halfway across a very long bridge in a moment.

Tsunade was able to leap hundred of feet into the air very quickly to do the Manda-stab with a giant sword, and she's both not noted for her speed and was carrying an incredible weight at the same time.

Those are specific unique-to-them abilities though. Similarly Minato has his teleportation.

I think Naruto's shown pretty darn good travel speed when compared to OP.

Though doesn't Bleach have character zipping from the center of the multi-kilometer across city dome to outside it entirely? They might be the fastest of the lot.

AsbestosFlaygon
Seems like more people favor Gol over Rikudo Sennin.

May I ask, how would Gol fare against the same Chibaku Tensei that Rikudo used on the Jubi?

NemeBro
Anyone who knows what they are talking about favor Rikudo Sennin.

Nephthys
I want to agree, b-but that 'stache. It's....just beautiful......

love

King Kandy
There's nothing Gol can do to Rikudo.

TheAuraAngel
Rikudo Sennin teaches Roger ninjutsu while Roger gives him pirate ships and devil fruit, thus bringing peace to both worlds.

w00t

menokokoro
Originally posted by TheAuraAngel
Rikudo Sennin teaches Roger ninjutsu while Roger gives him pirate ships and devil fruit, thus bringing peace to both worlds.

w00t peace? more like MORE war. lol, can you imagine naruto with gomu gomu fruit? or any for that matter.

AsbestosFlaygon
Rikudo Sennin 10/10?

AsbestosFlaygon
bump for great justice

cdtm
For all of Gol D. Rogers hype, he was taken down by normal marines, wasn't he? Sure, he gave himself up, but why? Instead of just taking over the world or something?

Even early in the manga, Luffy and crew seemed more powerful than most communities.. Higher end characters seem powerful enough to conquer the world. Good thing for the citizens of the One Piece-verse that they prefer to live out at sea as pirates, away from civilization. laughing out loud

Rikudo sennin
The sage who is a God created the moon on his death bed without the juubi's chakra. He would destroy gol d roger. And prime rikudo who is a God who has another God sealed into him solos opverse and bleachverse.

AuraAngel
Nothing has changed on the end of Roger and the Sage has only gotten "better" due to Juubi hype. So of course the Sage is gonna win.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Rikudo sennin
The sage who is a God created the moon on his death bed without the juubi's chakra. He would destroy gol d roger. And prime rikudo who is a God who has another God sealed into him solos opverse and bleachverse.

Am I the only one who finds his capitalization of the letter G in his post funny?

AuraAngel
Now that you point it out it is kinda funny lol.

Q99
Originally posted by cdtm
For all of Gol D. Rogers hype, he was taken down by normal marines, wasn't he? Sure, he gave himself up, but why? Instead of just taking over the world or something?

He was going to die of sickness if he didn't, remember.

Though it's worth noting we know characters who clashed with him repeatedly. Garp, Sengoku, Whitebeard. That tells us his rough power.

Rikudo sennin
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Am I the only one who finds his capitalization of the letter G in his post funny?

Im told whenever you use the word you have to capitalize the first letter out of respect.

Demonic Phoenix
Im told whenever you use the word you have to capitalize the first letter out of respect.

When explicitly referring to the supreme deity within a monotheistic religion, one would use 'God' as it is considered to be a proper noun. Whereas 'god', which is a common noun, would be used when you were describing something/someone who was revered as a deity.
At least that is how I understand it.

If you capitalized the letter out of respect, there was no need to do it in this case, seeing as no one in the real world would worship the Sage of the Six Paths as a god.

Besides, you did not capitalize the 'g' in Gol D. Roger's first name, and I just found "a God who has another God sealed into him" to be funny. stick out tongue

Rikudo sennin
When explicitly referring to the supreme deity within a monotheistic religion, one would use 'God' as it is considered to be a proper noun. Whereas 'god', which is a common noun, would be used when you were describing something/someone who was revered as a deity.
At least that is how I understand it.

If you capitalized the letter out of respect, there was no need to do it in this case, seeing as no one in the real world would worship the Sage of the Six Paths as a god.

Besides, you did not capitalize the 'g' in Gol D. Roger's first name, and I just found "a God who has another God sealed into him" to be funny. stick out tongue

Whenever I use the word I feel obligated for some reason to capitalize it. And was not out of respect of the sage who gives a **** about him but in most cases whenever I use the word I think of the supreme deity. Can't help it and why should I capitalize the g in gol d roger it's not like it is God it's gold.

Q99
Can't help it and why should I capitalize the g in gol d roger it's not like it is God it's gold.

Because it's a name, not the metal.

Rikudo sennin
Originally posted by Q99
Because it's a name, not the metal.

But why would I use the word god when he has nothing to do with one?

AuraAngel
You use God when you are talking about the God of a religion(Christian, Jewish, Islamic god).

You use god when talking about what that character is. I.e, in the world of Naruto, the Juubi was like a god.

You capitalize Gol because that is his name, Gol D. Roger. It's like not capitalizing Gaara.

Demonic Phoenix
Whenever I use the word I feel obligated for some reason to capitalize it. And was not out of respect of the sage who gives a **** about him but in most cases whenever I use the word I think of the supreme deity. Can't help it and why should I capitalize the g in gol d roger it's not like it is God it's gold.

You always capitalize the first letter of proper nouns, which include names. 'God' (as the name) and 'Gol D. Roger' are proper nouns, whereas 'god' (as a descriptor) and 'gold' are not.

I realize we're making mountains out of mole-hills, but meh, this discussion is probably going to be more interesting than a discussion concerning a fight between two characters that are largely shrouded in myth.

Rikudo sennin
Originally posted by AuraAngel
You use God when you are talking about the God of a religion(Christian, Jewish, Islamic god).

You use god when talking about what that character is. I.e, in the world of Naruto, the Juubi was like a god.

You capitalize Gol because that is his name, Gol D. Roger. It's like not capitalizing Gaara.

You always capitalize the first letter of proper nouns, which include names. 'God' (as the name) and 'Gol D. Roger' are proper nouns, whereas 'god' (as a descriptor) and 'gold' are not.

I realize we're making mountains out of mole-hills, but meh, this discussion is probably going to be more interesting than a discussion concerning a fight between two characters that are largely shrouded in myth.

I just was to lazy to capitalize his name and I have this thing where I can't help but capitalize the word every time I use it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.