Most Rare DVDs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chomperx9
post here the most Rare and valuable DVDs and blu rays to find.

I remember before the x-men animated series volume sets came out the phoenix saga dvd and afew others released in 03 went for like 100 bucks on ebay at one point.

they arent valuable anymore since the volume sets have released finally but they are still rare.

MildPossession

T.M
Really?

Huh might sell mine now then stick out tongue

I don't know much about rare DVDs either, I have heard that there is a version of Salo that is very rare though.

chomperx9
not just rare but valuable as well

knight
Derek & Clive - Get The Horn: DVD

Mike Oldfield - Art In Heaven Concert - The Millenium Bell - Live In Berlin: DVD

Wolfie
Movies are something that can't keep their worth because it's so easy for companies to just put out another copy. I remember when the Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie DVD was worth top dollars. Then the remastered DVD came out. Sure enough, the value of that DVD went straight down.

I have some Steelbooks that may be considered "rare":
Appleseed and Appleseed: Ex Machina
Grindhouse: Death Proof and Grindhouse: Planet Terror
Hancock
I Am Legend
Iron Man
Iron Man 2 (Blu-ray metal case)
RoboCop
Star Wars: The Clone Wars (movie)
Watchmen: Tales of the Black Freighter

I would have mentioned Spawn: The Animated Series and The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, but I think those Steelbooks are still being made. I've never seen them on the shelf in a standard jewel case.

And speaking of Watchmen, I think The Complete Story is out of print now, so my Blu-ray of it might be considered "rare."

There are many editions of the Evil Dead trilogy out there. I have the Book of the Dead editions of the first two and the Boomstick Edition of Army of Darkness. I think all three of those are long out of print.

MildPossession
I Am Legend isn't rare, that's still avaliable to buy on steelbook in quite a few countries. Cheap as well.

The things to buy are steelbooks for when they go out of print, special edition packages/boxes basically and normal DVDs that will very unlikely get a new release later in the future.

jaden101
Can't say I'm all that bothered about rare dvds or even special or limited editions unless it's a film I really liked.

Only 1 I've got that most people wouldn't is the Inception triple play briefcase edition.

MildPossession
^ I've got that, wonderful thing. French edition had the better case though but was very expensive.

T.M
I have that Inception briefcase edition too.

MildPossession

T.M

Rhovanion

MildPossession

chomperx9
The speed racer signature series goes for major bucks

jaden101
Originally posted by MildPossession
^ I've got that, wonderful thing. French edition had the better case though but was very expensive.

I didn't like the look of the metal tag with the red writing on the Fnac edition...Although the corrugated front plate looked better.

I really hate the discjunkie guy's review of it too...Does he ever shut up about scratches?

Contents were definitely better in the French edition though

jaden101
One that I never really understood the desire to have was the Matrix "ultimate edition" with the model of the Nebuchadnezzar....It looks like a giant woodlouse...Horrible design and not exactly the focal point of the film so why bother?

wicker_man
I have a few DVDs that are signed (Chemical Wedding, Ghostbusters, The Pusher, Nightmare on Elm Street, Dog Soliders, Ultimate Force, Wallace and Gromit)...so they're pretty valuable to me.

christina099
nice movie

chomperx9
Ghost Rider HD DVD and Fatastic Four 1&2 on HD dvd are rare

Scythe
Originally posted by T.M
Is the Alien Anthology with the egg statue still available? I remember it being 'limited edition' when I bought it. If it is still available, that has probably gone up in price a bit too.

I'd consider it rare, since the line to preorder one at comic-con was huge.

jaden101
Not really a big Transformers fan but this does look exceptionally cool.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/613W3sbzKML._AA1195_.jpg

wicker_man
Have Evil Dead 2 on VHS (region 2) with the incorrect pictures on the back (they are all from Army of Darkness).

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by jaden101
Not really a big Transformers fan but this does look exceptionally cool.

It's just Michael Bay jerkin' himself off. Still the same shit.

The 1984 DVD is kind of rare. There's quite a few on Amazon, but they're kind of expensive.

Kazenji
You mean 1986

the dvd of it is'nt that rare for region 4 its easy to get.

Patient_Leech
No, I definitely mean 1984. George Orwell's novel.. the movie has John Hurt. What the hell is 1986?

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by wicker_man
Have Evil Dead 2 on VHS (region 2) with the incorrect pictures on the back (they are all from Army of Darkness).

Really? That's probably a collector's item, then.. haha.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
No, I definitely mean 1984. George Orwell's novel.. the movie has John Hurt. What the hell is 1986?

laughing

sorry i read it after the transformers talk and thought you ment the animated movie came out in 1984....my bad

Patient_Leech
Ha.. sorry, should have put it in italics

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.