Clone Wars Star Wars vs Saving Private Ryan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
Now I know this may sound a bit stupid and off topic, but these movies deal with war. I'm putting in the chaos factor. So would the Clone Wars era Jedi and Clone soldiers survive a war like WWII? This is strictly Jedi and Clones only. No mechanized or air support.

Example of combat:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9VhD4SccSE

Kaibs
Wait. Are you saying the Jedi and Clones get WWII weaponry? or do they still get what they have usually? Minus all their backup support stuff.

Rogue Jedi
Yes, they would survive. Stomp even.

Robtard
B-17, B-24, B-25 or B-29(can carry a yield of about 30 tons of bombs) bombers would level a ground army alone, easy.

Rogue Jedi
So the Clone shave no air support, but have to fight it? Lame.

Darth Truculent
I said no air support. Jedi and Clone's do have lightsaber's and blasters. Waffen SS have MG-42s, Kar98 infantry rifle. Should have clariffied it better - Normandy Invasion.

Rogue Jedi
No air support for the Nazis? Jedi/Clones rape.

Robtard
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
I said no air support. Jedi and Clone's do have lightsaber's and blasters. Waffen SS have MG-42s, Kar98 infantry rifle. Should have clariffied it better - Normandy Invasion.

Around 135-150k troops landed on D-Day, I assume the SW side has an equal sized army?

Unless the Clone armor is bullet/blast proof, they're not breaking through the German line without air and naval support, it took the allies well over a month and a million men to break it.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
Around 135-150k troops landed on D-Day, I assume the SW side has an equal sized army?

Unless the Clone armor is bullet/blast proof, they're not breaking through the German line without air and naval support, it took the allies about a month and a million men to break it. Jedi precog, dude. Force push.

Which Jedi are involved?

Robtard
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Jedi precog, dude. Force push.

Jedi precog isn't going to prove infallible against fortified positions, thousands upon thousands of rounds, poison gas, flamer-throwers, explosions and bombings. Never mind the overwhelming number of Nazi bastards.

Force-Push a bunker?

Rogue Jedi
Jedi precog isn't going to prove infallible against fortified positions, thousands upon thousands of rounds, poison gas, flamer-throwers, explosions and bombings. Never mind the overwhelming number of Nazi bastards.

Force-Push a bunker? We need to establish exactly which Jedi are in the fight, and exactly what weaponry the Clones have. Until then the thread is useless.

Darth Truculent
Jedi present: those at the Battle of Geonesis. Germans in their bunkers at the Normandy Invasion, Clones same number that hit the beaches. They face the same chaos that American, British and Canadian troops on Jun 6, 1944: MG-42 fire, Kar98 & 88mm artillery fire. Direct frontal assault - nowhere to run, no escape - fight or die.

Again the example:

Kaibs
Ooops you did clarify. Well then I'm inclined to believe the Star Wars guys would win. Some would die though.

Darth Truculent
SW weapons, but they are under immediate fire from bunkers - MG-42 fire that is. Still arguably the best positioned defensive machine gun available.

Again:

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Kaibs
Ooops you did clarify. Well then I'm inclined to believe the Star Wars guys would win. Some would die though.

RE: Blaxican
The clones can take it depending on their numbers, but the Jedi will be a non-factor, imo.

Rogue Jedi
Force speed, foresight, precog, yeah, all shitty.

Robtard
The 50 or so Jedi at the Battle of Genosis couldn't overcome several hundred battle droids that where in the open. Yet they're turning the tide against thousands and thousands and thousands of Germans in a heavily fortified position? No.

Rogue Jedi
The 50 or so Jedi at the Battle of Genosis couldn't overcome several hundred battle droids that where in the open. Yet they're turning the tide against thousands and thousands and thousands of Germans in a heavily fortified position? No. Just saying. If a Jedi uses force speed, they'll be hard as hell to hit. And if they force speed behind a group of Nazis, force push them.

Robtard
Just saying. If a Jedi uses force speed, they'll be hard as hell to hit. And if they force speed behind a group of Nazis, force push them.

Not saying the Jedi suck, just stating the numbers against them; the Germans would be in a fortified position already.

The SW crew lacks several things that made an Ally win possible on the five beaches. No air support, naval support, warmachines, paratroopers that positioned themselves behind enemy lines prior to the invasion, the help of the French resistance in sabotaging and intelligence and about 850,000 troops that came in later in waves.

RE: Blaxican
Force speed, foresight, precog, yeah, all shitty.

Doesn't matter, it's not their abilities that are the problem so much as their psyche. Jedi tend to be, sheltered. As Mace said, they're keepers of the peace, not soldiers, and real war's a lot more dramatic than the laser tag firefights they have in the SW universe. I see a lot of Jedi cowering and broken on the ground.

Rogue Jedi
We need Sith.

NemeBro
Do we allow feats from the cartoons? 131

Rogue Jedi
Nope.

Robtard
Originally posted by NemeBro
Do we allow feats from the cartoons? 131

Mace would solo all of Germany.

Rogue Jedi
And Austria to boot.

Placidity
Until they fire rockets at his position.

Rogue Jedi
Now you're being silly.

jinXed by JaNx
I don't know, what numbers are we talking here? The Jedi got stomped at the end of Clone Wars. Even though one would think that a few dozen jedi would be enough to overtake a primitive species with primitive weapons, if it weren't were the Clones the Jedi would have been killed. So, considering their lackluster performances over the course of the Prequels i wouldn't be to certain that the Jedi could survive many situations where they are out numbered 5-1.

Evilbigfoot
Yoda is too short to shoot. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.