Robin Longstride vs Katsamoto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
To make it a fight, it's a 1,000 vs 1,000 battle.

Robin has:
200 Knights Templar
600 Infantry
200 Archers

Katsamoto has:
200 Samurai
600 Infantry
200 Archers

The main event at the end is Robin vs Katsamoto and to make it fair, Robin is in Templar mail (chain mail).

So it is the broadsword vs katana, the yumi (bow) vs the English war bow. Who wins?

Robtard
The Japs win this one, with heavy losses.

Kaibs
You should watch The Deadliest Warrior as this was actually kind of done. And the Samurai won. The Japs win in this thread too.

Robtard
Samurai Vs Viking - Samurai won

Samurai Vs Spartan - Spartan won

Did they have another one with a Samurai?

Kaibs
Originally posted by Robtard
Samurai Vs Viking - Samurai won

Samurai Vs Spartan - Spartan won

Did they have another one with a Samurai?

Nah that was it. Although I was kind of referencing the Viking. As they're about the same as the warrior type he's pitting the Samurai against just maybe a bit more advanced. You actually watch the show Rob?

Robtard
Watched every one, it's retarded and I hate how they use different methods of measure when comparing two competing weapons, but it's entertaining nonetheless.

Looking forward to Season 3.

Darth Truculent
If you look at the history of the Templar's (something DW never looked at), only the best were accepted. I'm not arguing for Robin, but take into account that the Templar's fought in the Crusades against Saladin's Army and emerged victorious everytime (save an engagement in the desert due to the idiotic aristocratic commander).

Robtard
Knights Templers were extremely well trained and hardened warriors.

I'd give the edge to the Samurai on weapons, armor and freedom of movement, more so than martial training alone.

Darth Truculent
DW overlooks the most badass warriors in history. It shouldn't have been Knight vs Pirate, but Samurai vs Knight.

BruceSkywalker
so... this is from a tv show!!!

Robtard
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
so... this is from a tv show!!!

Robin and crew Vs Katsumoto and crew, no, from the films.

What we've talked about afterwords, yes.

Kaibs
Watched every one, it's retarded and I hate how they use different methods of measure when comparing two competing weapons, but it's entertaining nonetheless.

Looking forward to Season 3.

Lol I know right? I would like to see how the simulation really went when he presses enter. But some of the information is interesting, but some of the weapons and matches and logic even are just stupid.

Darth Truculent
Back to Robin vs Katsamoto, the Templar's would probably make mincemeat out the infantry on horseback or foot. Samurai vs Templar would be an even match. As DW demonstrated, virtually all swords cannot penetrate mail or plate armor. IMO, they would fight each other until they needed a water break.

Robtard
Japanese armor is better suited to stop arrows, this would be a huge advantage/factor in this fight, as both groups have efficient bows and archers.

An arrow will easily punch through plate and chain, it has a harder time going through the layers of metal, wood, leather and fabric of the Japanese.

Rogue Jedi
The Japs win this one, with heavy losses.

BruceSkywalker
Robin and crew Vs Katsumoto and crew, no, from the films.

What we've talked about afterwords, yes.

thanks rob, gotta go with the samurai, but like you said they'll suffer some losses in the process

Utrigita
What kind of infantry are they getting?

Impediment
What films are these from, exactly?

Robtard
Originally posted by Impediment
What films are these from, exactly?

Robin Hood 2010

The Last Samurai

Impediment
I have seen neither.

Robtard
I have seen neither.

Robin Hood is meh.

The Last Samurai is decent.

Impediment
Lately, I haven't had the time to watch a lot of recent films. However, I don't need a Magic 8 Ball to know that Robin Hood looks, as you put it, very meh.

Kaibs
I am surprised you haven't seen The Last Samurai. It's been out for like 8 years now or something. So I figure you woulda seen it. Robin Hood I'm there with you. It's on my list of shit to watch, but just haven't gotten around to it.

Impediment
I'm not a Tom Cruise fan, so The Last Samurai is not on my "nned to watch" list, if you get me.

The only Cruise film that I admit to owning is Jerry Maguire, because it was a gift.

Kaibs
I'm generally not really a huge Cruise fan either, although Jerry McGuire was greatness. I also liked the Last Samurai not because of Cruise, but because of Ken.

BruceSkywalker
I have seen neither.

crowe's robin hood is all right.

the last samurai is pretty good..

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Kaibs
I'm generally not really a huge Cruise fan either, although Jerry McGuire was greatness. I also liked the Last Samurai not because of Cruise, but because of Ken.

ken watanabe made the last samurai as well as my love for the samurai warrior arts

Kaibs
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
ken watanabe made the last samurai as well as my love for the samurai warrior arts

Hell yeah man. He was awesome, and died like a boss. It showed just how pussy the imperialism of Japan really was.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Kaibs
Hell yeah man. He was awesome, and died like a boss. It showed just how pussy the imperialism of Japan really was.

yeah it did

jinXed by JaNx
Robin Hood and his templars win this fight very easily. They have one key element that the Samurai don't and that is personal shields.

The Templars are also better protected by their armor. The Samurai may have a slight edge in agility with their light weight armor but a full body suit of plate armor made from tempered steel is actually very maneuverable. It does need to be noted, however that, Japanese plate is not significantly lighter than European Plate armor and is definitely not nearly as durable. The Samurai also lack chain-mail which was often quite effective at gurading against thrust attacks. Although, i don't think armor will be THE deciding factor in this fight, the Europeans definitely have the advantage especially considering that the Katana dulls very quickly and easily. The fact still remains though, both the Japanese and European armor were susceptible to direct sword thrusts from a trained warrior. As a few people have already noted, the Samurai armor was designed primarily to defend against arrows and spears. This is crucial when considering that the Templars tempered steel plate was designed primarily to defend sword combat and was also quite effective against arrows.

Now if we look at weaponry, i'm sure most people will be quick to say that the Katana is in a league of it's own of sharpness and true this may. The Katanas strength comes from slashing or slicing, not piercing and referring back to armor, the Europeans plate armor is renowned for resisting the cutting of blades. The Katana, in weight and aerodynamics, is certainly going to be a faster weapon to use. This, however shouldn't discount the agility that the Templars swords offer. Not knowing exactly which sword the Templars are using here makes it a bit harder to deliberate but most of their swords were all made to be swift and used in one hand alongside of of the shield. Also, despite what many people may believe, Katanas do not cut through swords.

I'm also more inclined to give Robins archers the edge, under his training, for obvious on screen feats.

As for which leader is a better open field tactician, i think is irrelevant here. We do not know the type of experience that Robin had in open field battles. Although, if one insists that, Katsamoto gets the edge, i suppose i couldn't argue that sufficiently because under King George, Robin is obviously incredibly experienced in battle and war theory and even though King George engaged in open field battle often he most known for sieges.

For me, the deciding factor still comes down to the Templars shields. The Samurai were not trained to battle with shields and i'm inclined to say they would not know how to defend against other master warriors who were equally trained in extensive sword play but also trained to battle with shields.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.