Megaman & Protoman & Bass runs Sigma Fortress Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kirikaze Fuuma
Megaman, Protoman and Bass teamed up against :

1. Velguarder
2. Bospider
3. D-Rex
4. Vile (Without Ride Armor)
5. Commander Sigma

All of them are from Megaman X1.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Kirikaze Fuuma
Megaman, Protoman and Bass teamed up against :

1. Velguarder
2. Bospider
3. D-Rex
4. Vile (Without Ride Armor)
5. Commander Sigma

All of them are from Megaman X1. Velguarder would likely give them a hard time. Most certainly Sigma would slaughter them and likely Vile too. These are 21XX reploids/mechaniloids we're talking about, technology built upon X's technology, which in turn was more advanced than Mega Man, Proto Man, or Bass.

X's Buster alone was the 17th iteration of Mega Man's Mega Buster and represents a significant step forward technologically from 20XX technology. Likewise, X's Titanium X armor was much more advanced and durable than the Ceramic Titanium armor employed by Mega Man and Proto Man. In 21XX we see that X's initial specifications (X-Buster and Titanium X armor included) are nothing special, even outclassed by other Mavericks/Hunters at the time. If Mega Man, Bass, and Proto Man are outdated compared to X's initial specifications, then they would be really outdated in comparison to the reploids with stats greatly superior to X.

Also, Dr. Wily outright states that Zero, a hunter who operates in the 21XX era, has a power level far superior to Bass or Mega Man. Compared with other Hunters/Mavericks in 21XX, Zero has exceptional skills, but is not considered the strongest reploid by any margin (that title remains with Sigma).

You'll find Classic apologists who disagree and try to maintain that classic Mega Man is superior, but the proof from the canon plot is always against them. I think the powerlevel gap is too big for the Classic Trio to get far in this list.

Kirikaze Fuuma
Originally posted by Acrosurge
Velguarder would likely give them a hard time. Most certainly Sigma would slaughter them and likely Vile too. These are 21XX reploids/mechaniloids we're talking about, technology built upon X's technology, which in turn was more advanced than Mega Man, Proto Man, or Bass.

X's Buster alone was the 17th iteration of Mega Man's Mega Buster and represents a significant step forward technologically from 20XX technology. Likewise, X's Titanium X armor was much more advanced and durable than the Ceramic Titanium armor employed by Mega Man and Proto Man. In 21XX we see that X's initial specifications (X-Buster and Titanium X armor included) are nothing special, even outclassed by other Mavericks/Hunters at the time. If Mega Man, Bass, and Proto Man are outdated compared to X's initial specifications, then they would be really outdated in comparison to the reploids with stats greatly superior to X.

Also, Dr. Wily outright states that Zero, a hunter who operates in the 21XX era, has a power level far superior to Bass or Mega Man. Compared with other Hunters/Mavericks in 21XX, Zero has exceptional skills, but is not considered the strongest reploid by any margin (that title remains with Sigma).

You'll find Classic apologists who disagree and try to maintain that classic Mega Man is superior, but the proof from the canon plot is always against them. I think the powerlevel gap is too big for the Classic Trio to get far in this list.

Even Velguarder can give them a hard time? It's actually surprising but maybe it's true. But IIRC Velguarder's durability is very low. X's charge shot knocked him and it depleted 3-4 bars of his life bar (It's just gameplay but I think Capcom wants to show us about Veguarder's durability). And with that, I think if Megaman, Protoman and Bass combined their strength, they had a chance to defeat Velguarder. But, I have few question about this. Do you think X-Buster is 17 times more powerful than Mega buster? And where would Megaman, Protoman and Bass stopped? Thanks...

Demonic Phoenix
It could be a hundred to a thousand times more powerful for all we know.
All we do know is that Mega Man's original Blaster was upgraded 16 times, with X getting the 17th version.

Also, I don't think they would be able to get past Velguarder. If they were given all their abilities for this gauntlet and the weaknesses of the enemies could be exploited, they might make it to Vile, though IMO, they probably stop at D-Rex.

Acrosurge
Even Velguarder can give them a hard time? It's actually surprising but maybe it's true. But IIRC Velguarder's durability is very low. X's charge shot knocked him and it depleted 3-4 bars of his life bar (It's just gameplay but I think Capcom wants to show us about Veguarder's durability). And with that, I think if Megaman, Protoman and Bass combined their strength, they had a chance to defeat Velguarder. But, I have few question about this. Do you think X-Buster is 17 times more powerful than Mega buster? And where would Megaman, Protoman and Bass stopped? Thanks... I wouldn't call Velguarder's durability low, but average, the same as Chill Penguin, Spark Mandrill, and Vile. It should be noted that many of the other boss Mavericks flinch from X's charged shot. Its not the most powerful weapon in 21XX, but its stronger than most foes expect. This is what Capcom developers were attempting to illustrate by creating flinch animations.

So, is the X-Buster 17 times more powerful than the Mega Buster? I don't know. While there is a consistent increase in power between Buster upgrades, there doesn't seem to be a linear increase in power. The Mega Buster was first upgraded in MM4 to triple its total shot output. Would that be considered the Mark II Mega Buster? We don't know. It was upgraded again in MM5 increasing its power to 4X its original power and again in MMIVgb. Was that Mark III and IV? We don't know, but we do know that each modification increased the Mega Buster's power.

We know that it wouldn't make sense for Dr. Light to give X an inferior version of the Mega Buster, since Light anticipated X to be placed alone in the role of fighter and protector in the future. Therefore, it is logical to assume that at least, the Mark 17 Mega Buster is more advanced than the Mark II Mega Buster. And 15 upgrades should account for a considerable increase in power. We simply do not know the number of that increase. Even if the increase in power is only 3x that of the Mark II, that puts Velguarder nearly out of the reach of Mega Man, Proto Man, and Bass. Every power shot they fire would only be doing a single HP of damage to Velguarder, while his superior combat power and speed would wreak havoc on their inferior armor. Don't forget that Velguarder isn't just Sigma's pet, he was personally designed by Sigma to hunt down those who betray him.

Of course, Mega Man and Proto Man might pull out their trump cards and pull a win with a Double Mega Buster or Big Bang Strike, but then that would leave them worthless for the next fight. So, its not that they cannot win, but the odds are severely against them.

AsbestosFlaygon
Yeah, they'll most likely lose.

I'd wager even Lumine could single-handedly destroy them.

Kirikaze Fuuma
I wouldn't call Velguarder's durability low, but average, the same as Chill Penguin, Spark Mandrill, and Vile. It should be noted that many of the other boss Mavericks flinch from X's charged shot. Its not the most powerful weapon in 21XX, but its stronger than most foes expect. This is what Capcom developers were attempting to illustrate by creating flinch animations.

So, is the X-Buster 17 times more powerful than the Mega Buster? I don't know. While there is a consistent increase in power between Buster upgrades, there doesn't seem to be a linear increase in power. The Mega Buster was first upgraded in MM4 to triple its total shot output. Would that be considered the Mark II Mega Buster? We don't know. It was upgraded again in MM5 increasing its power to 4X its original power and again in MMIVgb. Was that Mark III and IV? We don't know, but we do know that each modification increased the Mega Buster's power.

We know that it wouldn't make sense for Dr. Light to give X an inferior version of the Mega Buster, since Light anticipated X to be placed alone in the role of fighter and protector in the future. Therefore, it is logical to assume that at least, the Mark 17 Mega Buster is more advanced than the Mark II Mega Buster. And 15 upgrades should account for a considerable increase in power. We simply do not know the number of that increase. Even if the increase in power is only 3x that of the Mark II, that puts Velguarder nearly out of the reach of Mega Man, Proto Man, and Bass. Every power shot they fire would only be doing a single HP of damage to Velguarder, while his superior combat power and speed would wreak havoc on their inferior armor. Don't forget that Velguarder isn't just Sigma's pet, he was personally designed by Sigma to hunt down those who betray him.

Of course, Mega Man and Proto Man might pull out their trump cards and pull a win with a Double Mega Buster or Big Bang Strike, but then that would leave them worthless for the next fight. So, its not that they cannot win, but the odds are severely against them.

Hmm... I never guessed that the power difference of Megaman and Megaman X timeline would be this big even against a mere Velguarder. Do you think I should add Duo and give Megaman, Protoman and Bass few E-tanks? ._.;

Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Yeah, they'll most likely lose.

I'd wager even Lumine could single-handedly destroy them.

Lumine has the power of 8 mavericks from Megaman X8. He isn't someone you can underestimate by saying "even".

Acrosurge
Hmm... I never guessed that the power difference of Megaman and Megaman X timeline would be this big even against a mere Velguarder. Do you think I should add Duo and give Megaman, Protoman and Bass few E-tanks? ._.;Have you seen the horrible Ruby Spears Mega Man cartoon? Its quite horrible, but it occasionally gets some details right, for instance it effectively illustrates the power level gap between 20XX and 21XX. Observe (begin the first at 5:51 through the end of the vid then):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmrLB79cs2c

Keep these things in mind:

1) X is Dr. Light's last creation and contains his best technology (greater than Mega Man and Proto Man). Reploids (including Velguarder) use this foundation plus the technology of 21XX. They are powerful, though X can rise beyond them due to his limitless potential growth (a gift Dr. Light gave him that didn't exist in 20XX and could not be analyzed by 21XX scientists).

2) Dr. Wily stated that Zero would have a power level far superior to Bass and that he would be more powerful than Bass or Mega Man. Zero is a peer to the stronger reploids in 21XX (those of the 17th Unit, including Vile, Mandrill, Kuwanger, Stag, Beetle, and Sigma). One would then conclude that Zero's peers would also have power levels far superior to Bass and company.

3) Dr. Cain called X's body a quantum leap beyond anything the world had seen before (in other words, a quantum leap beyond the previous 20XX technology). Cain built the reploids based on this quantum leap. Any considerable gap in power should therefore not be surprising.

Again, Velguarder isn't really a lightweight. He was personally designed by Sigma to hunt down and destroy traitors. If you want a more manageable challenge for the 20XX team, you should have them tackle some of the weaker Mavericks or mini-bosses. The E-Tanks might not be a bad idea either.

As for Duo, he'd help the 20XX heroes out a lot, since his power was stated to be greater than theirs. We don't know how strong he actually is, though non-cannon sources claim it to be superior to reploids from hundreds of years in the future (24-26XX). I don't know if I believe that, since its from a Korean source and not Capcom of Japan. Still, I think Duo could help team Mega Man, but certainly not enough to clear the gauntlet and Sigma. In the Mega Man universe, you've got to have X/Zero in order to take Sigma down. No other character has that kind of power.

Lumine has the power of 8 mavericks from Megaman X8. He isn't someone you can underestimate by saying "even". Agreed. Someone who can fight X and Zero at once has exceptional strength.

Kirikaze Fuuma

Again, Velguarder isn't really a lightweight. He was personally designed by Sigma to hunt down and destroy traitors. If you want a more manageable challenge for the 20XX team, you should have them tackle some of the weaker Mavericks or mini-bosses. The E-Tanks might not be a bad idea either.

I know. Since you gave me an explanation about these, I already realized that Velguarder is a very dangerous threat in Classic Megaman universe. Still, in Megaman X universe, Velguarder is lower than s***. X and Zero became more and more powerful and in X8, they are much more powerful than their X1 incarnation. Imagine what would happen if Velguarder faced X from Megaman X8 timeline. You know how scary X's full-charged X-buster in MMX8.

As for Duo, he'd help the 20XX heroes out a lot, since his power was stated to be greater than theirs. We don't know how strong he actually is, though non-cannon sources claim it to be superior to reploids from hundreds of years in the future (24-26XX). I don't know if I believe that, since its from a Korean source and not Capcom of Japan. Still, I think Duo could help team Mega Man, but certainly not enough to clear the gauntlet and Sigma. In the Mega Man universe, you've got to have X/Zero in order to take Sigma down. No other character has that kind of power.

There's something I don't understand. Do you mean that only X and Zero could take on Sigma even though it's just Commander Sigma? Was this ever stated before? Thanks...

Phoenix3068
Sigma is like Kenny from South Park, he can't die.

He has been blasted, struck, obliterated, he's been burned, nothing will kill Sigma because he always seems to find a way to regenerate himself. Just throwing that out there.

By the way incase people got the wrong idea, I'm a Zero fan, not a Sigma fan.

Kirikaze Fuuma
Originally posted by Phoenix3068
Sigma is like Kenny from South Park, he can't die.

He has been blasted, struck, obliterated, he's been burned, nothing will kill Sigma because he always seems to find a way to regenerate himself. Just throwing that out there.

By the way incase people got the wrong idea, I'm a Zero fan, not a Sigma fan.

In this case, you're right. He cannot die but he can be defeated. X and Zero defeated him more than 8 times and finally he was destroyed for good in MMX8.

Phoenix3068
Sigma can't be gone D: He can't be gone until Zero finally has that child that we have always known he would somehow go beyond his cybernetic matter and create! That way we can all be like... Here comes Z.J. to save the day with his Z-Saber X19 Upgraded 32nd Division Cross Launcher!

Then Sigma can die...

yep....

He can die dead.

NemeBro
I am pretty sure Sigma did die in X8, sadly. He is one of my favorite Megaman characters.

Also, did not know the gap between classic and X levels was this huge, neat.

Acrosurge
I know. Since you gave me an explanation about these, I already realized that Velguarder is a very dangerous threat in Classic Megaman universe. Still, in Megaman X universe, Velguarder is lower than s***. X and Zero became more and more powerful and in X8, they are much more powerful than their X1 incarnation. Imagine what would happen if Velguarder faced X from Megaman X8 timeline. You know how scary X's full-charged X-buster in MMX8.Agreed, but at the time of X1 (Maverick Hunter X) Velguarder was a threat.

Yeah, I love the X8 X-Buster. Its so huge and overpowered, without upgrades right from the beginning of the game. Gotta love X.

There's something I don't understand. Do you mean that only X and Zero could take on Sigma even though it's just Commander Sigma? Was this ever stated before? Thanks... I'm not even sure Zero was capable of defeating Sigma during X1 on his own. Sigma was stated to be the strongest reploid in history (canon Japanese sourcebook). "Day of Sigma" showed Sigma to be far superior to Zero, who was brushed aside as though he were nothing (even when he was fully ready for Sigma's attack). When they went after Sigma again at the end of the game, I think Zero was counting on X's backup in order to destroy Sigma, but then Zero was destroyed during the fight with Vile, so X had to face Sigma on his own. Only X, with his armor and limitless potential was able to defeat Sigma at that time. X gained so much respect from the Hunters after that, he was made a unit Captain.

In this case, you're right. He cannot die but he can be defeated. X and Zero defeated him more than 8 times and finally he was destroyed for good in MMX8. Regardless of what Lumine said in X8 (the source of the quote that Sigma is permanently gone), I doubt Sigma is gone for good. The Sigma Virus remains until prior to the MM:Zero series, during which time X uses the Mother Elf to remove the Sigma Virus from reality. Sigma and the Virus are one, therefore to annihilate Sigma for good, you must remove the Virus. That being the case, I don't think we've seen the last of the Strongest Reploid in History.

Originally posted by NemeBro
Also, did not know the gap between classic and X levels was this huge, neat. This is why people need to differentiate between Mega Man and X during battles. Mega Man is strong, but X is exponentially stronger and possesses limitless potential power. The difference in power level is much like the difference between Goku from Dragonball and Goku from Dragonball Z. A whole different level.

Phoenix3068
So I'm still kind of confused. Megaman and X are different, I know that. But what is X? People are saying he's the last creation of Dr. Light, but then, what ever happened to Megaman? I used to think Megaman might be X but with a huge upgrade where he isn't even Megaman anymore. Clearly this is wrong though. For that matter, where is Protoman or Bass!? THEY NEED TO GIVE BETTER INFORMATION ON IT ALL!

Acrosurge
So I'm still kind of confused. Megaman and X are different, I know that. But what is X? People are saying he's the last creation of Dr. Light, but then, what ever happened to Megaman? I used to think Megaman might be X but with a huge upgrade where he isn't even Megaman anymore. Clearly this is wrong though. For that matter, where is Protoman or Bass!? THEY NEED TO GIVE BETTER INFORMATION ON IT ALL! As you said, X is the final creation of Dr. Light; a created life form with a soul and a technological body containing DNA so complex, it was never fully analyzed. He has the potential for limitless power.

As for what happened to original Mega Man cast, Capcom has left this purposefully nebulous so that they need not end their Classic Mega Man series. There is at least 100 years between the Classic and X era; plenty of time for anything to happen.

Kirikaze Fuuma
I'm not even sure Zero was capable of defeating Sigma during X1 on his own. Sigma was stated to be the strongest reploid in history (canon Japanese sourcebook). "Day of Sigma" showed Sigma to be far superior to Zero, who was brushed aside as though he were nothing (even when he was fully ready for Sigma's attack). When they went after Sigma again at the end of the game, I think Zero was counting on X's backup in order to destroy Sigma, but then Zero was destroyed during the fight with Vile, so X had to face Sigma on his own. Only X, with his armor and limitless potential was able to defeat Sigma at that time. X gained so much respect from the Hunters after that, he was made a unit Captain.

But Sigma almost lost to Zero even before Megaman X timeline as we've seen in Megaman X4 when sigma told Zero about his past. If "W" symbol didn't appear, it'll be the end of Sigma. Or maybe the virus inside Zero's body makes Zero even stronger?

Acrosurge
Or maybe the virus inside Zero's body makes Zero even stronger? Exactly so. What we saw in that first battle was Zero being empowered by the Maverick Virus. Wily designed Zero's body this way to quickly unlock his enormous power. Wily alludes to this in Power Fighters and likewise the majority of the plot in X5 centers Sigma creating a hybrid virus to awaken Zero's full potential power.

Zero is quite powerful in his own right, but his full potential power can only be unlocked by the integration of the Maverick Virus into his body.

Wily apparently halted Zero's actions in that first battle and Sigma capitalized on it, knocking Zero unconscious in a single blow. During that blow, the Maverick Virus was transferred from Zero's body to Sigma. Sigma's would eventually usurp the Maverick Virus and merge with it, creating the Sigma Virus, which would begin the Maverick Wars and provide the key for Sigma's immortality. Zero's power, on the other hand, dropped drastically; "Day of Sigma" shows that he is no longer a match for Sigma. Of course, after Zero's resurrection in X2 (after Serges completes his body design and after X wins Zero's body in combat) he again increases in power.

Phoenix3068
Zero has always been powerful. Personally I fully realized his great power during X5 (I think it was X5)

Also, correct me if I'm wrong.

X = The New Megaman
Zero = The New Protoman

lol

Acrosurge
Also, correct me if I'm wrong.

X = The New Megaman
Zero = The New Protoman

lol Their colors are the same, that's about it. X's personality is quite different from Mega Man and their power level is vastly different. Mega Man is simply concerned with the protection of robots and humans. X is trying to understand the reason for his creation, his limitless potential, and the balance between fighting and mercy.

Zero and Proto Man's personalities are also very different. Proto Man is all about his own individuality. He does precisely what he wants. Zero is basically a warrior who looks to X to be his moral compass to know what he should be fighting for.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.