Paul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
Paul is an upcoming 2011 ensemble science fiction comedy film directed by Greg Mottola and written by and starring Simon Pegg and Nick Frost, not to be confused with the "Blood and Ice Cream trilogy", since Edgar Wright is not the director.

Two British comic geeks (Pegg and Frost) go on a road trip through America. On the way, they discover an alien named Paul (voiced by Seth Rogen) at Area 51.

XPBPAGo-Qn8

Simon Pegg as Graham Willy
Nick Frost as Clive Gollings
Seth Rogen as the voice of Paul
Jason Bateman as Agent Lorenzo Zoil
Kristen Wiig as Ruth
Bill Hader as Haggard
Gregg Turkington as Neil Hamburger
Jane Lynch as Pat Stevenson
Sigourney Weaver as Tara
Blythe Danner as Tara Walton
Joe Lo Truglio as O'Reilly
John Carroll Lynch as Moses Buggs
David Koechner as Gus
Jesse Plemons as Jake
Jeffrey Tambor as Adam Shadowchild
Gilbert Gottfried as ?

MildPossession
Yeah saw the teaser some months back, not as excited about it as their last films together but definitely looks fun.

BruceSkywalker
seth rogen..i'll pass

Dreampanther
I'll watch it - but probably not bother with the big screen - looks like something I'll watch at home with a beer in the hand. Somehow, I get that Witch Mountain feel...

Pandemoniac
I love me some Frost & Pegg, but the trailer didn't do much for me. Too hollywooded and easy target orientated. Not one frame made me go 'yeaah! gotta see this!'

The Nuul
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
seth rogen..i'll pass

Yeah, hes the only thing thats throwing me off of this.

Kazenji
I shall be seeing this when it comes around to it.

K.Diddy
beer This will most likely be a rental for me

The Nuul
Look, they made a movie about Pr. Being an alien and with the name Paul. It might actually look like him.

breetlee

shallow
Is anyone else excited to be seeing this movie? It comes out on Friday (March 18th) in Canada and should be hilarious given the cast that includes, Simon Pegg, Seth Rogen (his voice), Nick Frost, Jason Bateman, Jane Lynch. I've been waiting anxiously to see it since I love Shaun Of The Dead.

Darth Vicious
Saw it already. I thought it was pretty funny. Not hilarious but funny.

Mr Parker
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
seth rogen..i'll pass

yeah I'll pass as well.It had me hooked and interested till they showed that alien.was thinking up till that point it was going to be a horror movie.Looked promising till then.This movie needed not to be made. I can tell from the evidence.

marwash22
haters, they be hatin'.

this movie looks funny.

Quiero Mota
I've been told that its basically a remake of Howard the Duck.

Kazenji
But more funnier.

jinXed by JaNx
This was a great movie. It's a buddy movie for sure.

Kazenji
Only 2 stars over at this place

http://www.screened.com/paul/16-196183/staff-review/

darthmaul1
I loved this movie, i was laughing all the way through, but you definatly have to be a sci-fi fan to get most of the jokes. and understand some british humor for a couple of them. There were parts i was pissing myself laughing at, but no one else was because they didn't get the scifi reference. Probably because they were too young and haven't seen E.T., close encounters of the third kind, aliens or even predator, or any other older sci-fi films. This is what "FANBOYS" should of been like I will definatly be grabbing this on blu-ray when it comes out.

Mairuzu
Shit was funny

srankmissingnin
I liked it... but the people behind me were very vocal about not getting any of the jokes or references. You need to have some understanding of sci-fi and geek culture to get the most enjoyment out of the movie, because if you don't know about things like Kirk fighting a Gorn you probably aren't going to understand the reenactment, and the rest of the jokes will similarly fall flat if you don't know what they are referencing.

darthmaul1
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I liked it... but the people behind me were very vocal about not getting any of the jokes or references. You need to have some understanding of sci-fi and geek culture to get the most enjoyment out of the movie, because if you don't know about things like Kirk fighting a Gorn you probably aren't going to understand the reenactment, and the rest of the jokes will similarly fall flat if you don't know what they are referencing.

Totally aggree, that is what i said. Loved the film, the sci-fi references and the appearances or voices of certain people.

The Nuul
Good movie but I still dont like Seth.

marwash22
Originally posted by The Nuul
Good movie but I still dont like Seth. don't hate.

Mairuzu
Whats wrong with seth

The Nuul
Horrible actor and cannot stand his voice.

john razor

DarthSaeris
I enjoyed it but Seth Rogen's voice just stands out too much. Whenever he does voice acting it's the same voice everytime. It wasn't mantis in Kung Fu Panda, it was Seth Rogen

8seven
You think Seth Rogen and you automatically assume Funny People type comic relief. His voice fits perfectly with Paul after seeing the film I honestly couldn't picture anyone else voicing the role, the movie had some idiotic moments that could of did with-out but it was definitely a movie I enjoyed and will throw on at some point again.

Bicnarok
Originally posted by srankmissingnin

Your right there, and a bit of british humour helps as well.

I really liked the movie, really made me laugh.

Kazenji
Enjoyed the movie myself

8/10 from me

Samurai4Hire
I thought this Movie was Awesome. Saw it in the theater 2 times. I love Pegg and Frost. I would give it 2 big thumbs up

Patient_Leech
This movie is named after me (my name is Paul). Hehe. I liked it. Found it pretty amusing. My favorite part was when he shared the mysteries of the universe with people and they had a burst of images flash through their minds and they'd pass out... haha

Myth
I saw Paul about a week ago. Probably in my top 6-8 movies of the year because of the humorous references to other alien movies. Favorite part was Weaver being punched when being told "Stay away from her you b!tch!"

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Mairuzu
Whats wrong with seth

I personally don't think the guy can act, much less call himself a comedian.

I'd like to punch Apatow in the face for convincing this guy that he had talent.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.