Gaurdians Of The Universe Vs Marvels Skyfathers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
Oans
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/e5/Guardians_by_Igle.jpg/206px-Guardians_by_Igle.jpg

VS

Odin

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/77/628943-odin_madv.jpg

Zeus

http://www.comicbookresources.com/assets/images/preview/eefe1dai6669/prv6669_pg6.jpg

Seth

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/11352/615518-odinseth.jpg

Surtur

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/1618/1369531-thorvssurtur.jpg

Thanos

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/33806/1096661-35_guardians_of_the_galaxy_25_02_large.jpg

Omega Vision
Like all of the Guardians?

Five years ago I'd probably give it to the Oans (they've got the clear advantage in numbers)...but now...

Colossus-Big C
what do you mean?

kevdude
Well I'm not all that knowledgeable about Marvel but The Guardians are known to have been responsible for protecting entire galaxies for the sole purpose of trying to recreate the Big Bang, of course their non-interference with events in the universe nearly cost them everything.

Black bolt z
Why is thanos here?

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Why is thanos here? thanos is bonifide skyfather level

Parmaniac
I can't remember anything really impressive that the Guardians have done in the last few years.

Desaad
If 'the last few years' is a cut off, what was the last impressive thing a skyfather did?

Parmaniac
I'm not really interestes in these kind of characters my point is more that the Guardians seemed to struggle with people they shouldn't (If they are still on that high level). Sacrificing yourself only to BFR Prime for example. But I'm also pretty sceptical to the "Odin busts galaxies" thing if that's your point.

Desaad
Anyway, Guardians are on average below skyfathers like Odin, but probably about on the same level as Zeus, or maybe death gods like Pluto in their own realm.

Probably the biggest feat one ever demonstrated was creation of a false reality where Nazis ruled, but that is heavily out of the norm. Generally though they are capable of taking on huge groups of heroes like nothing, 'cracking a planet in half with a thought', protecting entire planets from the big crunch, trapping eternity-like living space sectors (collectively, ie they had to work together to do it), breaking the empire of tears and trapping them on a single planet (originally the empire was multiple galaxies in size), breaking the power of the Burning Martians, etc. Their less powerful, untrained children were capable of causing planet wide extinction events with stray thoughts ('if they get bitten by a bug, all such bugs across the planet wink out of existence'), etc.

Technology wise they are crazy, obviously, creating the rings, and the Manhunters, and reality altering devices like the Great Green Glob.

Their genetic 'brothers', the Controllers, have similar feats, manufacturing sun eaters as weapons, a single one taking on the combined forces of no less than 7 GLs plus 6 Darkstars, and doing so casually, casually taking control of Superman, creating the Miracle Machine...

Desaad
Originally posted by Parmaniac
I'm not really interestes in these kind of characters my point is more that the Guardians seemed to struggle with people they shouldn't (If they are still on that high level). Sacrificing yourself only to BFR Prime for example. But I'm also pretty sceptical to the "Odin busts galaxies" thing if that's your point.

There, in general, has been a move to make characters more down to earth for whatever reason. Zeus gets knocked around by Ares and killed by Mikobashi in the Ares mini, and that's pretty pathetic. To the best of my knowledge, Zeus has never done anything particularly impressive.

Odin, of course, has had his heydey and was a beast, but he's also been knocked out by an earthquake and kidnapped by random aliens, poisoned by all manner of things, etc. Jurgens implied that reassembling a moon might be beyond the power of a skyfather -- something we've seen Green Lanterns do with ease.

I think it's better, though, that we look at characters historically, rather than just what's happened recently.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Desaad
There, in general, has been a move to make characters more down to earth for whatever reason. Zeus gets knocked around by Ares and killed by Mikobashi in the Ares mini, and that's pretty pathetic. To the best of my knowledge, Zeus has never done anything particularly impressive.

Odin, of course, has had his heydey and was a beast, but he's also been knocked out by an earthquake and kidnapped by random aliens, poisoned by all manner of things, etc. Jurgens implied that reassembling a moon might be beyond the power of a skyfather -- something we've seen Green Lanterns do with ease.

I think it's better, though, that we look at characters historically, rather than just what's happened recently. did you look at the scan i posted?

Zeus recently just one shotted thor & surfer at the same time

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1489222-chaos_war_3_06_02_super.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1489224-chaos_war_3_07_02_super.jpg

DarkOdin

I think it's better, though, that we look at characters historically, rather than just what's happened recently. Odin has been capture and posioned in his prime too same old thing. Zeus being killed by Mikobashi is not a low showing if you had any clue plus he stalemated during the battle and only got defeated when his kids were in trouble We have seen skyfather recreate a moon Thor as a rookie did this plus Odin created the whole realm of asgard that tops any moon by far and the as for writers comment on power levels one writter just ocmmented that Zeus only had a lsight amp when he fought galactus so skyfathers can't make a moon or they are strong enough to hurt galactus

Desaad
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
did you look at the scan i posted?

Zeus recently just one shotted thor & surfer at the same time

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1489222-chaos_war_3_06_02_super.jpg
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1489224-chaos_war_3_07_02_super.jpg

Yeah, but he was being controlled/inhabited my Chaos King, and Pak himself said that he was being amped in his most recent interview with Newsarama, which is why he was able to withstand Galactus' blast so easily.

How much? We don't know. I don't tend to think it was that much, but Thor has done pretty decently against Zeus in the past solo.

Desaad
Originally posted by DarkOdin
Odin has been capture and posioned in his prime too same old thing.

Yeah, that is what I was saying.

Very strong argument. Really.

That is what I was referred to. Thor as a rookie passed out from the exertion, which in and of itself was a low showing. But when Jurgen's was interviewed about it, he made comments to the effect of it being 'the stuff of legend', that we couldn't be sure if the retelling was real truth of embellished myth, as if it was a big deal.

So do you have something against grammar or what? It makes it really difficult to read and respond to your posts.

Desaad
And to be clear I'm not saying that the skyfathers lose, or that the Guardians are on average on their levels -- they have a lot of low showings too.

Colossus-Big C
but Thor has done pretty decently against Zeus in the past solo. pak said himself zeus has never really shown his true power in marvel untill currently

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
thanos is bonifide skyfather level Not really.

How many gaurdians are there?

kevdude
Yeah, but he was being controlled/inhabited my Chaos King, and Pak himself said that he was being amped in his most recent interview with Newsarama, which is why he was able to withstand Galactus' blast so easily.

How much? We don't know. I don't tend to think it was that much, but Thor has done pretty decently against Zeus in the past solo.

Wasn't Galactus surprised that Zeus was still standing after he blasted him?? Had to have been a pretty big amp to make Galactus surprised.. The Gaurdians have been alive for billions of years so they are gonna have some low showings here and there. They also seem to rule the DCU nearly alone with the exceptions of the Zamarons and The Controllers, though they are all Oans.

Colossus-Big C
Not really.

How many gaurdians are there? not sure

DarkOdin
Originally posted by kevdude
Wasn't Galactus surprised that Zeus was still standing after he blasted him?? Had to have been a pretty big amp to make Galactus surprised.. The Gaurdians have been alive for billions of years so they are gonna have some low showings here and there. They also seem to rule the DCU nearly alone with the exceptions of the Zamarons and The Controllers, though they are all Oans. Big G on words "No skyfather could so easily shrug off the power of Galactus"

The writer said in an interview that Zeus on had a little amp but being able to effect Big G while he is an a weaken state is not a big deal anyway

DarkOdin
Yeah, that is what I was saying.

Very strong argument. Really.

That is what I was referred to. Thor as a rookie passed out from the exertion, which in and of itself was a low showing. But when Jurgen's was interviewed about it, he made comments to the effect of it being 'the stuff of legend', that we couldn't be sure if the retelling was real truth of embellished myth, as if it was a big deal.

So do you have something against grammar or what? It makes it really difficult to read and respond to your posts.

No i just throw grammer out the window when someone twist around things to call them low showing.

Maybe if you gave all the details i will improve my grammer when i feel iam not talking to some one who doesn makes up crap

Desaad
Originally posted by kevdude
Wasn't Galactus surprised that Zeus was still standing after he blasted him?? Had to have been a pretty big amp to make Galactus surprised..

He was surprised that Zeus took it so casually, not that he took it at all. How amped he was is unclear, and I think you can interpret it in many different ways.

Desaad
No i just throw grammer out the window when someone twist around things to call them low showing.

Maybe if you gave all the details i will improve my grammer when i feel iam not talking to some one who doesn makes up crap

I haven't made a single thing up. In fact, nothing in any of your responses has accused me of making anything up until just this moment, obviously a result of bitterness over being called out on having such terrible and nonsensical arguments.

zopzop
Odin could possibly solo this. Marvel's Skyfathers, especially Odin, have some pretty ridiculous feats under their belts.

Uriel005
Guardians have been solo punked by Hal.... Hal at his peak is nowhere near aforementioned skyfathers combined. I know A>B>C logic doesn't necessarily work but in this case I think the gap is big enough to adamantly say that the difference is so great that it is almost a guarantee Guardians would lose if you want to base it on that showing. From my understanding they have only gotten weaker as time has gone by and skyfathers are just getting bigger and bigger on their power amp drugs.

Utrigita
Big G on words "No skyfather could so easily shrug off the power of Galactus"

The writer said in an interview that Zeus on had a little amp but being able to effect Big G while he is an a weaken state is not a big deal anyway

point out to me where Pak said "a little amp" and you'll get a cookie.

quanchi112
Skyfathers dominate.

SuperMan103
Not really.

How many gaurdians are there?

start reading the imperative and you will see the truth. thanos is a sky-father.

and the guardians have been pathetic for a loong time now. team 2 with ease.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Utrigita
point out to me where Pak said "a little amp" and you'll get a cookie. Rage has it posted in the article posted in the chaos war forum but if you read what i said i don't buy it imo It is well within a skyfather powerset to hurt Big G while he is hungry and weak but hey that galactus for ya

DarkOdin
I haven't made a single thing up. In fact, nothing in any of your responses has accused me of making anything up until just this moment, obviously a result of bitterness over being called out on having such terrible and nonsensical arguments. your line of "Zeus killed by Mikobashi in the Ares mini, and that's pretty pathetic." shows how little you know about

1. how powerful Mikobashi is

2. how he got the upperhand to kill zeus

Warlord
guardians have done nothing impressive for a long time.
skyfathers take this

Razior
Skyfathers

D_Dude1210
The Zeus you're talking about was obviously amped by Mikaboshi. The fact that it surprised Galactus as well as the fact that when Herc cracked him, Mikaboshi came OUT of Zeus.

I mean, COME ON!

DarkOdin
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
The Zeus you're talking about was obviously amped by Mikaboshi. The fact that it surprised Galactus as well as the fact that when Herc cracked him, Mikaboshi came OUT of Zeus.

I mean, COME ON! I have admitted that in a prior post i just added what 1 writer said about Zeus only having a slight amp and that it would be in Zeus power to hurt Galactus i however also said i don't argee with going but what writers say after or befroe a comic is out

Utrigita
Rage has it posted in the article posted in the chaos war forum but if you read what i said i don't buy it imo It is well within a skyfather powerset to hurt Big G while he is hungry and weak but hey that galactus for ya

And where in that mentioned article does Pak says that Zeus received a "slight amp"? Iirc not a single time is slight used regarding Zeus' amp in the fight. What I recall from that Interview is "definitely augmented" and "some of that incredible power", The whole amp, from my perspective, doesn't move a single notch from being undeterminable.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Utrigita
And where in that mentioned article does Pak says that Zeus received a "slight amp"? Iirc not a single time is slight used regarding Zeus' amp in the fight. What I recall from that Interview is "definitely augmented" and "some of that incredible power", The whole amp, from my perspective, doesn't move a single notch from being undeterminable. It said Zeus had a minor amp which i wouldn't argee Now stop being lazy and look for yourself Danm kids mad

J/K

however it is already posted so go luck more stupid nonsense from a writer

Utrigita
It said Zeus had a minor amp which i wouldn't argee Now stop being lazy and look for yourself Danm kids mad

J/K

however it is already posted so go luck more stupid nonsense from a writer

I have looked for myself smile

And what I'm merely at the moment pointing out that calling the amp from Mikaboshi to Zeus slight can't, imo based on the interview with Pak at hand, be justified.

That was all.

How many guardians are there left? I thought they were down to a half a dozen. Skyfathers take this.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.