Dominus vs Molecule Man

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Castle
ko, kill forum rules

The Nuul
Jobbing MM?

Galan007
Dominus would trounce the most current version of MM.

...Any other version of Owen wins, though.

Bentley
Dark Avengers Molecule Man falls against mid heralds so...

Originally posted by Bentley
Dark Avengers Molecule Man falls against mid heralds so... oh snap!

quanchi112
Dark Avengers Molecule Man falls against mid heralds so... Sentry is a mid herald...since when ?

Bentley
Originally posted by quanchi112
Sentry is a mid herald...since when ?

Since his reinception in New Avengers, he was later power bumped to fit the plot of Siege, but otherwise he always was around low/mid herald levels.

carver9
Dark Avengers Molecule Man falls against mid heralds so...

Wow... just wow.

Sentry crush terrax EASILY and terrax is a mid herald so how is sentry a mid herald when he eats through them like candy and he is more powerful than any high herald that is listed.

I wonder about you sometimes.

Galan007
If you can compete equally with Photon while holding back, you're >> mid-herald... If your power is so great that it can overload Absorbing Man, you're >> mid-herald... And if you look at Void's feats, even pre-Siege, he was >> mid-herald.

...Though I'm pretty sure Bentley was just trying to stir the pot. sly

carver9
Since his reinception in New Avengers, he was later power bumped to fit the plot of Siege, but otherwise he always was around low/mid herald levels.

Wow... just wow.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by carver9
Wow... just wow.

Sentry crush terrax EASILY and terrax is a mid herald so how is sentry a mid herald when he eats through them like candy and he is more powerful than any high herald that is listed.

I wonder about you sometimes. Who has fought terrax and not curshed him?Really...besides morg.

quanchi112
Since his reinception in New Avengers, he was later power bumped to fit the plot of Siege, but otherwise he always was around low/mid herald levels. So he wasn't when he fought Mm which was your original point, thought so.Originally posted by Galan007
If you can compete equally with Photon while holding back, you're >> mid-herald... If your power is so great that it can overload Absorbing Man, you're >> mid-herald... And if you look at Void's feats, even pre-Siege, he was >> mid-herald.

...Though I'm pretty sure Bentley was just trying to stir the pot. sly Bout time I agree with you.

Bentley
Rulk crushed Terrax, is he high herald too? wink

Originally posted by Galan007

...Though I'm pretty sure Bentley was just trying to stir the pot. sly

I am trying to stir the pot.

We don't get to post on Molecule Man thread without referring to the one enemy who bested him at what he's best... Base Sentry!

Galan007
Rulk crushed Terrax, is he high herald too? wink Nah. Any low-level character can punch out Watchers, and kill Elders of the Universe. vin

I am trying to stir the pot.

We don't get to post on Molecule Man thread without referring to the one enemy who bested him at what he's best... Base Sentry! In Owen's defense, Sentry was pulling new abilities out of his ass during Dark Reign/Siege. ermm

Mindset

...Though I'm pretty sure Bentley was just trying to stir the pot. sly This, although you forgot to mention Photon was holding back too.

Galan007
^ Correct. But when Sentry said that he was done holding back, Photon replied with "yeah, I think that would be my cue" -- and then proceeded to swiftly BFR him:
http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/8394/newthunderbolts014page1.jpg

To me Photon's comment implies that he did not want to face an 'all out' Sentry -- which implies that he didn't have sufficient power to beat him one on one, and resorted to BFR for a temporary 'win'.
---
Regardless, Sentry is >> mid-herald.

Mindset
I disagree, Photon was never wanting to have a serious fight with Sentry, so he realized he should bfr before there was one. There was no implication of fear imo.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mindset
I disagree, Photon was never wanting to have a serious fight with Sentry, so he realized he should bfr before there was one. There was no implication of fear imo. Sentry's capabilities and talents are far greater than Photon's in a vs. fight.

Mindset
Sentry's capabilities and talents are far greater than Photon's in a vs. fight. And these would be?

Your statement is irrelevant, anyway. Even if what you say is true, Photon would not know how strong Sentry truly is, he we would have no reason to fear him when he wasn't holding back.

quanchi112
And these would be?

Your statement is irrelevant, anyway. Even if what you say is true, Photon would not know how strong Sentry truly is, he we would have no reason to fear him when he wasn't holding back. His actions prove otherwise and the Sentry's greatest showings are long past this too further ramming home my points.

Bentley
His actions prove otherwise and the Sentry's greatest showings are long past this too further ramming home my points.

I actually thought the Genis feat was the best non-Voided out Sentry feat out there. I may be forgetting something though.

Mindset
His actions don't show otherwise, and I have already posted why.
What points would these be? I saw that you made a claim, I'm waiting for you to support it with some evidence.

quanchi112
I actually thought the Genis feat was the best non-Voided out Sentry feat out there. I may be forgetting something though. You don't think the cc was ?

quanchi112
His actions don't show otherwise, and I have already posted why.
What points would these be? I saw that you made a claim, I'm waiting for you to support it with some evidence. He bfr'd him to me and not just me it showed me he didn't want to take on the Sentry who went all out. He didn't want any of him.

Mindset
He bfr'd him to me and not just me it showed me he didn't want to take on the Sentry who went all out. He didn't want any of him. Yes, he didn't want to have a serious fight with Sentry since that was never his intention, that doesn't mean he couldn't. If you want to claim that he couldn't, prove it.

Bentley
You don't think the cc was ?

Not really, I mean, I haven't read the issue itself but given what I know about Cosmic Cubes and what I think happened it was a fine feat but I wouldn't really put it above blowing up Absorbing Man.

Maybe I'm lacking context, but I think the Genis feat it's easier to use as a feat if only because of it's straight fowardness and the collateral damage it had. I'll just read New Avengers one of these days.

quanchi112
Yes, he didn't want to have a serious fight with Sentry since that was never his intention, that doesn't mean he couldn't. If you want to claim that he couldn't, prove it. To me the timing of the bfr leads me to believe he bfr'd him right there because he didn't want to take him on right then.

Mindset
To me the timing of the bfr leads me to believe he bfr'd him right there because he didn't want to take him on right then. Yes, that's exactly what I said, but your reasoning behind why he didn't want to fight him is not supported by what we know.

quanchi112
Not really, I mean, I haven't read the issue itself but given what I know about Cosmic Cubes and what I think happened it was a fine feat but I wouldn't really put it above blowing up Absorbing Man.

Maybe I'm lacking context, but I think the Genis feat it's easier to use as a feat if only because of it's straight fowardness and the collateral damage it had. I'll just read New Avengers one of these days. You just stated a post ago that his most impressive feat was genis now are you changing your stance ?

Yes, that's exactly what I said, but your reasoning behind why he didn't want to fight him is not supported by what we know. Wrong the timing os the bfr gives credence to my views not yours.

Warlord
Rulk crushed Terrax, is he high herald too? wink

that Rulk would crush most herald levels though. ask Pak if you don't believe me stick out tongue

Stoic
Bob's abilities depended on what state of mind he was in. As far as I can tell though, being able to walk through Doom's defenses like they weren't there places him above mid Herald.

Estacado
One is Superman's ***** the othet is Sentry's.
Which one is worse?

Bentley
You just stated a post ago that his most impressive feat was genis now are you changing your stance ?

Wrong the timing os the bfr gives credence to my views not yours.

Changing your stance when you get new information is a proof of maturity and honesty my bumbling friend wink

I honestly forgot about the Cosmic Cube feat, but I've heard opinions who believe it's not something nearly as impressive as opposing an actual Cosmic Cube used by someone, he was just blocking CC energies or something. I'm not just going to assume it's the best feat he has because I don't know the context, hence I'll try to read it later and make an informed judgement.

Bentley
Originally posted by Stoic
Bob's abilities depended on what state of mind he was in. As far as I can tell though, being able to walk through Doom's defenses like they weren't there places him above mid Herald.

Did Doom's shield ever recovered from his fight with Iron Man?

ODG probably has a better context, I read that issue just once.

Warlord
Did Doom's shield ever recovered from his fight with Iron Man?

ODG probably has a better context, I read that issue just once.

yes IIRC too the shields were back at 100% power

quanchi112
Changing your stance when you get new information is a proof of maturity and honesty my bumbling friend wink

I honestly forgot about the Cosmic Cube feat, but I've heard opinions who believe it's not something nearly as impressive as opposing an actual Cosmic Cube used by someone, he was just blocking CC energies or something. I'm not just going to assume it's the best feat he has because I don't know the context, hence I'll try to read it later and make an informed judgement. The way I look at it it is impressive and is far greater than the absorbing man but whatever the case may be he has many impressive feats in his short existence.

Mindset

Wrong the timing os the bfr gives credence to my views not yours.

What reason did Genis have to be afraid of Sentry?

We know that Genis did not want to have a serious fight with Sentry before they even started fighting, and the reason wasn't because he was afraid.

King Castle
it was b/c Genis did not want to endanger his team mates destroying the planet that they were on and the same reason he transported everyone to the microverse.

he was holding back.

Colossus-Big C
sentry is above herald get over it..

Mindset
Genis is above herald...

Galan007
I disagree, Photon was never wanting to have a serious fight with Sentry, so he realized he should bfr before there was one. There was no implication of fear imo. Meh. Once Sentry said that he was going to stop holding back, Photon replied with "yeah, that's my cue", then immediately BFR'd him. Imo, his statement heavily implies that he couldn't have handled a max power Sentry, thus he went with the only option he had -- BFR.

Mindset
Meh. Once Sentry said that he was going to stop holding back, Photon replied with "yeah, that's my cue", then immediately BFR'd him. Imo, his statement heavily implies that he couldn't have handled a max power Sentry, thus he went with the only option he had -- BFR. Yea, that was his cue to get rid of him before the fight got out of control. I'm still failing to see how this shows he was afraid of Sentry, since up until this point Sentry never showed anything that would suggest he was even strong enough to beat Genis.

If Genis initial intention was to kill/ko Sentry then I'd agree, but it wasn't.

quanchi112
What reason did Genis have to be afraid of Sentry?

We know that Genis did not want to have a serious fight with Sentry before they even started fighting, and the reason wasn't because he was afraid. The fact the Sentry is incredibly powerful and just announced the kiddie gloves came off.

Had the bfr come earlier I'd see your point but since it didn't you see mine. Learn it, love it, accept it.

Mindset
And Genis is incredibly powerful and was holding back while fighting Sentry...

Quan, have you even read the comic?

quanchi112
And Genis is incredibly powerful and was holding back while fighting Sentry...

Quan, have you even read the comic? Yes, but Sentry didn't bfr Photon it was the other way around.

Galan007
The fact the Sentry is incredibly powerful and just announced the kiddie gloves came off.

Had the bfr come earlier I'd see your point but since it didn't you see mine. Learn it, love it, accept it. I agree for the most part.

quanchi112
I agree for the most part. I think the world is going to end. I am off ignore and you agreed with me. Run for your lives.

Mindset
What did Sentry display that would make Genis fear fighting him?

T-bolts wanted to embarrass NA, not kill them. Sentry going all out would mean Genis would have to go all out, which would mean someone is probably going to get killed.

quanchi112

T-bolts wanted to embarrass NA, not kill them. Sentry going all out would mean Genis would have to go all out, which would mean someone is probably going to get killed. I wouldn't say fearful like I can't take this guy on. He just didn't want to risk taking on someone as powerful as the Sentry who was going to go all out so basically it wasn't worth the risk so he ended the fight by way of bfr.

Mindset
Well Galan thinks Genis didn't think he could win.

Galan007
^ Photon's comment + how swiftly he opted to BFR once he found out that Sentry was going to stop holding back is what lead me that opinion.

I don't think it's illogical in the slightest.

OneDumbG0
^ It's not illogical, but considering how spent Sentry looks and having to declare that he's done holding back first... while Photon looks fine, and Photon's and the Thunderbolts' entire mission was to distract embarass them, I'm siding with Mindset here.

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/8394/newthunderbolts014page1.jpg

quanchi112
Well Galan thinks Genis didn't think he could win. It's me and galan against the multiverse. I like our odds.

iceman24567
thumb up This is all that matters. At that point did Sentry do something that would have put him above Genis? Nope

OneDumbG0
^ thumb up

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
sentry is above herald get over it.. No hes not.Mabye an all out sentry...but if you went by all out most heralds would be above herald.

MrMind
dominus

Galan007
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ It's not illogical, but considering how spent Sentry looks and having to declare that he's done holding back first... while Photon looks fine, and Photon's and the Thunderbolts' entire mission was to distract embarass them, I'm siding with Mindset here.

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/8394/newthunderbolts014page1.jpg I don't think he was "spent" from the battle/dimension hopping, I think he just came to the realization that if he was going to overcome Photon he wouldnt be able to hold anything back.

On another note, Hyperion's 'battle' with Photon is further proof that Sentry could have taken him. stick out tongue

Warlord
when did Photon fight Hyperion?

Philosophía
Dominus stomps. Whole different level.

Bentley

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.