Guys of KMC - have you ever cried when watching a TV show/movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sancty
Have you ever cried when watching a TV show or movie?

How do you feel about guys crying when watching TV/movies?

Would you mock a male friend if he were to cry in front of you when you were watching something together?

Do you think crying is for "weak" people?

Ax3l
Its the only time I show any emotion.

So, I answer YES

Kaibs
While I haven't cried, as I honestly think I've lost the emotion to even shed tears anymore. I have felt empty and numb inside a lot while watching certain movies. Examples: Lost In Translation, a couple Korean movies others I can't think of atm.

Dave_97
at the end of the notebook, i cried like crazy.
f*cking bawwww

Kaibs
I've never seen the Notebook. I was forced to watch Dear John, which I could relate to as he was Army. And I watched A Walk To Remember which I thought was surprisingly good.

Sancty
Originally posted by Kaibs
While I haven't cried, as I honestly think I've lost the emotion to even shed tears anymore. I have felt empty and numb inside a lot while watching certain movies. Examples: Lost In Translation, a couple Korean movies others I can't think of atm.
Answer the poll! stick out tongue

Also tell me your answers to teh questions in the first post mmm ^O^

Rogue Jedi
Yes, several times.

Dave_97
I've never seen the Notebook. I was forced to watch Dear John, which I could relate to as he was Army. And I watched A Walk To Remember which I thought was surprisingly good. a walk to remember was amazing, i watched that with my girlfriend, right after she turned to me and asked for sex, i was too busy trying not to cry over that movie,so i told her i was tired and turned away so i could cry.

but im totally a massive manly bearded lumberjack who gets into fist fights with kodiak bears in my spare time, so you know.. im manly as all hell.

Kaibs
Originally posted by Sancty
Have you ever cried when watching a TV show or movie?

How do you feel about guys crying when watching TV/movies?

Would you mock a male friend if he were to cry in front of you when you were watching something together?

Do you think crying is for "weak" people?

I haven't cried during either. Although I am a sucker for romantic shit sometimes. I will admit that Ross and Rachel's spastic ****ed up relationship is probably my favorite couple in any movie / tv. Just because I can relate.

Guys who cry during tv or movies. Well I have no problem with it. People cry over different things.

It depends who the male friend is. But in general no. Just as long as they're not making a shit load of noise ruining the show or movie whilest crying.

Crying is not for weak people. Some of the people I respect most have cried in the most messed up situations.

Kaibs
Originally posted by Dave_97
a walk to remember was amazing, i watched that with my girlfriend, right after she turned to me and asked for sex, i was too busy trying not to cry over that movie,so i told her i was tired and turned away so i could cry.

but im totally a massive manly bearded lumberjack who gets into fist fights with kodiak bears in my spare time, so you know.. im manly as all hell.

I am definitely no Lumberjack. And i'd probably just put two in the bears head to avoid that whole fiasco haha.

Seriously though. I wasn't a fan of Shane West's acting, but Mandy Moore did her thing in her own charming sweet way.

Bardock42
No, I haven't cried watching a movie or a TV Show (or any sort of media be it book, comic or song). I don't think it is pathetic though.

Rogue Jedi
Movies I have cried during: Gladiator, Platoon, Rocky I and II, The Patriot, Revenge of the Sith......Many more.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Movies I have cried during: Gladiator, Platoon, Rocky I and II, The Patriot, Revenge of the Sith......Many more.

So you only cried during manly movies YEAHHHH!!!

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Bardock42
So you only watched during manly movies YEAHHHH!!! Don't really understand your question, B.

Kaibs

Gladiator made me want to rise up and destroy people. It's my favorite movie. I remember the first time me and my brother saw it, after we immediately went to the Kendo dojo and just started beating the shit out of people in duels. We probably should of thought it through a bit more though as Kendo is actually a hard ass thing to learn.

Bardock42
Don't really understand your question, B.

Cried, I meant.

Platoon was very sad cry

Now I used a cry smilie because of a sad movie.

StarCraft2
passion of the christ

phantom of the opera

ROFL!

Bardock42
Gladiator made me cry about the two hours I had lost forever.

Ax3l

Second.

Sancty
Originally posted by Ax3l
Its the only time I show any emotion.

So, I answer YES
Are you trying to save face by saying it's ~the only time you show emotion~? fox

And to answer the poll:
I don't think it is pathetic for a man to cry during a TV show/movie. I don't think I have never actually seen it happen though hmm

Kaibs

You blasphemous bastard smile

Rogue Jedi
Cried, I meant.

Platoon was very sad cry

Now I used a cry smilie because of a sad movie. When Elias died I lost it. I also cry during sad parts of non action flicks.

Sancty
I remember the first time me and my brother saw it, after we immediately went to the Kendo dojo and just started beating the shit out of people in duels. awebrow

How.. on topic

Also is King Castle your brother by any chance?

Rogue Jedi
Oh SNAP she went there.....

The Pict
Yes, several times.

http://www.hollow-hill.com/sabina/images/simpsons-haha.jpg

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by The Pict
http://www.hollow-hill.com/sabina/images/simpsons-haha.jpg I'd **** Selene 6 ways from sunday.

Kaibs
awebrow

How.. on topic

Also is King Castle your brother by any chance?

We were talking about Gladiator so it somehow went there. Sorry.

And don't speak such nonsense. I am literally nothing like him asides from the military backgrounds. As far as your topic goes. I am the only one who literally answered every question you asked. BOOSH. smile

I say that with love.

Bardock42
I'd **** Selene 6 ways from sunday.

Not if you are preoccupied with crying cause of a movie, wimp!

JacopeX
I cried looking at pictures...

Movies? No.

Ax3l
I generally get saddened easily by animals. Like All Dogs Go To Heaven. I remember crying during that, I think.

Rogue Jedi
Not if you are preoccupied with crying cause of a movie, wimp! Underworld didn;t make me cry.

The Pict

laughing out loud

Grinning Goku
Crying's for pussies and ho's who don't know their place, yo. I did cry while watching DB Evolution because of how piss poor it was.

Sancty
We were talking about Gladiator so it somehow went there. Sorry.

And don't speak such nonsense. I am literally nothing like him asides from the military backgrounds. As far as your topic goes. I am the only one who literally answered every question you asked. BOOSH. smile

I say that with love.
It just sounded like a very King Castle-y thing to say. I guess maybe you didn't go as far as he would though. Maybe if you had added "guys were crying and begging me for their lives" or something..

Rogue Jedi
There was a movie with Jeff Bridges where a kid shot a dolphin with a harpoon, I lost it big time there.

The Pict
I'd **** Selene 6 ways from sunday.

Kate Beckinsale = Hottest actress

Sancty
Originally posted by JacopeX
I cried looking at pictures...

Movies? No.
Originally posted by Grinning Goku
Crying's for pussies and ho's who don't know there place, yo. I did cry while watching DB Evolution because of how piss poor it was.
Did you 2 answer the poll uhuh

Kaibs
It just sounded like a very King Castle-y thing to say. I guess maybe you didn't go as far as he would though. Maybe if you had added "guys were crying and begging me for their lives" or something..

Haha no. I am not afraid to admit when I get my ass whooped or have experienced shit that people shouldn't. In that scenario it was just stupid shit me and my brother were doing. I normally do everything to not get in confrontations with people, as I've seen to many to last me a lifetime.

Rogue Jedi
Kate Beckinsale = Hottest actress Top 5 for sure.

Kaibs
Underworld didn;t make me cry.

I see no reason why ANYONE would cry during that movie. But that's just me. I guess I don't see the logic in it.

The Pict
Gladiator made me want to rise up and destroy people. It's my favorite movie. I remember the first time me and my brother saw it, after we immediately went to the Kendo dojo and just started beating the shit out of people in duels. We probably should of thought it through a bit more though as Kendo is actually a hard ass thing to learn.

kinda

StarCraft2
white seal... i can remember it when i was 6 YO

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/7239/giffxm3.gif

Ax3l
Anybody else cry while listening to a certain song or something?

No?

Me neither... I swear...

Grinning Goku

No?

Me neither... I swear...

I cry during God Bless America because of the irony of it all...

Kaibs

No?

Me neither... I swear...

Once again for me, no. But I do feel certain things again when listening to certain songs. And it also depends what mood I'm generally in.

Rogue Jedi

No?

Me neither... I swear... Nope.

Bardock42
Once again for me, no. But I do feel certain things again when listening to certain songs. And it also depends what mood I'm generally in.

You feel things while listening to music? WOW, call the scientists!!!!

Sancty
I want to know who the other girl is... the one who thinks it's pathetic for a guy to cry watching a TV show/movie mmm

Kaibs

Well duh fool. By certain things I generally mean certain emotions. Some people don't feel shit when they listen to music, as they don't really even listen to it.

Grinning Goku

Lawls. German ownage. So they have music AND scientists in Germany?

Sancty

No?

Me neither... I swear...
Sufjan Stevens.. John Wayne Gacy Jr & Casimir Pulaski Day.. mmm

omg and the music that played when buffy died crytissue

Kaibs

Buffy died?

Grinning Goku

Fa-

Oh.

Bardock42
Lawls. German ownage. So they have music AND scientists in Germany?

Yeah, mostly mad scientists.

Well duh fool. By certain things I generally mean certain emotions. Some people don't feel shit when they listen to music, as they don't really even listen to it.

I don't know if that's true, I think in the vast majority of people music evokes emotions. It's perhaps the best tool we have for that.

Rogue Jedi
haermm

Bardock42
Buffy died?

Yeah, Season 5 finale.

Kaibs
Yeah, mostly mad scientists.

I don't know if that's true, I think in the vast majority of people music evokes emotions. It's perhaps the best tool we have for that.

Yes and no. I wrote my thesis on it, and was surprised by some of the research that I had to do.

Kaibs
Yeah, Season 5 finale.

That's too bad. Sarah Michelle Geller was a hot Buffy. So after she died did the show get renamed to something else? Or did it just end.

Bardock42
Yes and no. I wrote my thesis on it, and was surprised by some of the research that I had to do.

Link or send it uhuh

Bardock42
That's too bad. Sarah Michelle Geller was a hot Buffy. So after she died did the show get renamed to something else? Or did it just end.

She got brought back to live in the Season 6 opening...and went on to have two more TV Seasons and is still kicking in the comics.

That's common knowledge!!!

The Pict

It carried on for 2 more seasons,

and then an "eight season" which was a comic series.

Kaibs
Link or send it uhuh

If I can find the flash it's on I gladly will.

Kaibs
It carried on for 2 more seasons,

and then an "eight season" which was a comic series.

So how are you going to have a show called Buffy The Vampire Slayer when Buffy The Vampire Slayer is dead?

Sancty
She died an unnatural death so Willow was able to bring her back coot

Bardock42
If I can find the flash it's on I gladly will.

Okay, hurry up, I'll wait here.

Kaibs
Okay, hurry up, I'll wait here.

When I literally look for it. As of right now I am happily sitting in my bed on here. So you'll be waiting for a while mate, which in case I hope you have insomnia.

Bardock42
So how are you going to have a show called Buffy The Vampire Slayer when Buffy The Vampire Slayer is dead?

It was one of those deaths.

Kaibs
She died an unnatural death so Willow was able to bring her back coot

I never really watched the show except for like 3 episodes maybe. So I have no idea who or what a Willow is.

The Pict

facepalm

She died already anyway. In season one if I remember right. Show carried on.

Bardock42
When I literally look for it. As of right now I am happily sitting in my bed on here. So you'll be waiting for a while mate, which in case I hope you have insomnia.

Don't think I'll forget uhuh

Kaibs
It was one of those deaths.

What a useful website. I guess that makes sense.

Sancty
I never really watched the show except for like 3 episodes maybe. So I have no idea who or what a Willow is.
You should watch it. It's amazing. And Angel. coot Willow is her friend, played by Alyson Hannigan.

Bardock42
facepalm

She died already anyway. In season one if I remember right. Show carried on.

Yeah, that was only a death for two minutes, the second time was more of a two months in the ground deal.

Kaibs actually had one of those two minute things, I think he told me.

Kaibs
Don't think I'll forget uhuh

Don't. That's fine. However don't think i am indeed trying to say that the world's population are more not effected by music rather than are. That's just silly talk.

Bardock42
Don't. That's fine. However don't think i am indeed trying to say that the world's population are more not effected by music rather than are. That's just silly talk.

What were you trying to say with your thesis then?

Kaibs
You should watch it. It's amazing. And Angel. coot Willow is her friend, played by Alyson Hannigan.

I enjoy Alyson Hannigan in How I Met Your Mother. I've never seen Angel either. I am so out of the know sad

Rogue Jedi
What were you trying to say with your thesis then? haermm You said thesis.

Kaibs
Yeah, that was only a death for two minutes, the second time was more of a two months in the ground deal.

it was more like 60 seconds, but close enough. Although I don't know how she died for 2 minutes. if it was some supernatural shit, that did not happen to me.

The Pict
I'm sure Willow, along with Buffy, was the only character in every episode, you would have seen her.

Kaibs
haermm You said thesis.

Well the thesis paper was on how music effects people in emotion and how it can make them do things. I had to look at all sides of it in order for the paper to be approved.

Kaibs
I'm sure Willow, along with Buffy, was the only character in every episode, you would have seen her.

Well now that she told me it was Alyson Hannigan I think I remember seeing her.

The Pict

Oh okay haermm

Bardock42
it was more like 60 seconds, but close enough. Although I don't know how she died for 2 minutes. if it was some supernatural shit, that did not happen to me.

She drowned I think and her friend Xander saved her with mouth to mouth or something.

RJ: "HAHAHA YOU SAID MOUTH TO MOUTH!"

Rogue Jedi
I most certainly did not.

Kaibs
She drowned I think and her friend Xander saved her with mouth to mouth or something.

RJ: "HAHAHA YOU SAID MOUTH TO MOUTH!"

Oh I see. That would be one shitty way to go. Drowning that is.

Bardock42
I most certainly did not.

I was just posting for you, so you didn't have to bother.

Rogue Jedi
I was just posting for you, so you didn't have to bother. Now you're just being silly.

JacopeX
Dumb and Dumberer
Ernest goes to Africa
Mortal Kombat Annihilation

Pretty touchy movies.

Rogue Jedi
That's kooky talk yo.

JacopeX
That's kooky talk yo. No...This is crazy talk.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=524927

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by JacopeX
No...This is crazy talk.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=524927 Yeah it is.

AbnormalButSane
I've never seen a male cry when watching a TV show/movie, but it wouldn't really bother me if one did. I cry when watching TV shows/movies, and I can hardly judge anyone else.

dadudemon
I cry when watching movies...never TV. I've never watched something on TV that made me want to cry.

I cried in Gungrave when Bear had to kill his beast friend. That was one of the most powerful scenes in ANY media I've ever seen. It was superb and almost perfectly executed. If anyone is a fan of mafia movies and shows, I suggest watching the first 18 episodes of Gungrave. It's pretty good.

I don't judge others for crying. Though, some women seem to fake cry all the time and it gets on my nerves.

Crying's for pussies and ho's who don't know their place, yo. I did cry while watching DB Evolution because of how piss poor it was.

LOL!

And it's nice to see you around, man.

Rogue Jedi
Never cried during a TV show either.

the ninjak
Sure "The Secret of Nimh". And "Baby" when they murder the baby dinosaurs parents was pretty hardcore for a kids movie.

mikeydude
I cried at the end of Pursuit of Happiness and March of the Penguins.

steverules_2
When I was really young I did...not so much anymore, think the last time was...well I dunno how old erm Was that long a go, I think it was titanic haermm

Kaibs
NOOOOOOOOOOO STEVE NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Scythe
I've come very close to it, but have not.

Crushed Orange
I don't know how anyone in the world could watch that episode of Futurama with the dog and not cry...
I also cried at a few points in the modern Doctor Who series.

Bardock42
Cold Case has some extremely sad episodes. Perhaps it has to do with the victims always being the kindest, best people in the whole world and them dying in cruel, horrible or tragically avoidable ways.

Impediment
The Color Purple: Pretty much the whole effing film. It's a sad, but beautiful story.

The Patriot: When little Susan begs her dad not to leave.

Pan's Labyrinth: The ending made me bawl like a little *****.

The Elephant Man: Such a sad film about the ugliness of humanity.

Armageddon: It's a terrible film, but the goodbye scene with Harry and Grace chokes me up every time I see it.

The only television show that has ever made me cry is The Sopranos. It's such a wonderfully written series. One episode in particular, "An Army of One", the final episode of season 3, made me cry a little bit. It was very emotional. Another episode would be "Proshai, Livushka" at the very end scene.

Rogue Jedi
The Lion King.

DarkC
Yes I have, numerous times.

mikeydude
The Lion King.
Agreed.

King Castle
i teared up in bambi but, i didnt cry nor did a tear stream down.sneer

BackFire
Many movies.

Cuckoo's Nest, Requiem for a Dream, May, Elephant Man, Wall-E, Up. And quite a few others.

There's nothing wrong with it, the guys who refuse to cry or show emotion when their bodies are telling them too are just insecure with their masculinity and feel they have something to prove.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Impediment

The Elephant Man: Such a sad film about the ugliness of humanity.

yeah, that guy was f**king ugly.

Impediment
Originally posted by BackFire
Many movies.

Cuckoo's Nest, Requiem for a Dream, May, Elephant Man, Wall-E, Up. And quite a few others.

There's nothing wrong with it, the guys who refuse to cry or show emotion when their bodies are telling them too are just insecure with their masculinity and feel they have something to prove.

What part of Up made you cry?

BackFire
A couple.

The beginning montage.

Also the bit towards the end where the old man looks through the book he and his wife made and sees that to her he was her adventure, very sweet and moving.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
yeah, that guy was f**king ugly. haermm So wrong, man.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.