Saw 3D: The Final Chapter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Discos
I did do a search and no results came up?

anyways, a huge huge fan of the Saw franchise, but yes the story lines have dragged on far too long.
I remember when the 4th movie came out and the movie makers revealed there would only be 6 in total.... mmm, yes greed did over that idea.

We all know the stories have been dragging on forever and they are just making sequels because they cost little to make yet make mega profits, save for the 6th installment which led to this one being the last in the series.

I am looking forward too seeing this movie, to finally wrap up what the hell is going on, and also to see what happens to Jill.

Going out on a whim here and say that many of you HATE or have grown tired of the series... but knowing this is the last one should ease your narking smile

6 days til I see this

MildPossession
Don't think there is a topic on the actual film alone, there is one where someone asked how many we are getting. But there is quite bit on it in there, so go see. smile

I'm waiting till dvd unfortunately, the only cinema near me is showing it in 3D only, and I'm not a fan, so I'll have to wait.

As for the film series, I enjoy waiting to see what they do next, but not favourites of mine.

Jill is interesting, but I'm more interested in how they use Dr Gordon, who is back, in the film. smile

And that guy from Linkin Park lol. That's not Jill in the trailer is it tied up with a car trap coming towards her?

Discos
I am sure I made a Saw 3 thread a long long time ago, maybe it fizzled out and ended up in KMC twilight.

I rekon this 3D will actually be cool, alot better than my first 3D film "My Bloody Valentine". Some 3D movies are not needed.

Haha, still cant get over how Jigsaw is still in the movies when he died roughly in 1987!!

Discos
totally forgot to write a review about this, went to see it on Friday.

A great series has ended... and I am pleased about the way it ended smile I dont want to give anything away, but it is nice how it all ties in and goes back to the first movie.

Since it was the last movie I was expecting them to bring out the best and sickest traps/tortures and I was not disappointed.
I dont even know why they were given a chance to escape traps, being the last film I would expect everyone to be mutilated!

Jigsaw & Dr Matthews are barely in it, which is a shame seeing as I thought this was meant to be the films "huge" thing.
Jigsaw's wife Jill did a good job, Detective Hoffman played the psycho cop pretty well.
As for the other/new characters.... there wasn't any need, no one wanted to see them with it being the last movie, could of done without it.

Anyways, I would love to see what the rest of you guys thought about it.

Discos - 8/10

MildPossession
The way it ends allows more films....

T.M
Originally posted by MildPossession
The way it ends allows more films....

I'm shocked...

Discos
It doesn't really.... they have definatly called it a day (I hope to god I dont get quoted on this in years to come haha).

there are only 2 characters left, its getting boring (and this is from a fan)

MildPossession
Doesn't it end with Dr Gordon locking Hoffman in that room and ending with him saying game over ? Or is he not going to carry the thing on, did he say so or not in the film .

BackFire
They left plenty open for more movies.

T.M
Even if there isn't any more sequels there is bound to be a reboot at some point.

T.M
Even if there isn't any more sequels there is bound to be a reboot at some point.

MildPossession
Why did you just post 45 minutes later what you already posted...

T.M
Sorry my internet crashed when I was posting the first one so I reposted because I thought it hadn't submitted.. I reposted right away though so I have no idea why there is such a big gap between the posts confused

Discos
Ok I will agree with a reboot at some point.
But I think the original makers have swore to every god and promised upon everything that this is THE END haha

mmm.... I dont think I would be a true "fan" if they brought out more, You can onlu defend the movies to a certain extent before you realise its hit rock bottom.

KurtRussellCrow
I saw this and I did enjoy the movie. Yeah there were a lot of them , but for some reason they all kept my attention. I really enjoyed them all

Discos
^^ another fan smile

what did you think about the whole 3D concept? It could have done without

the ninjak
The 3D was pointless.

jaden101
Good laugh....I didn't get half of it because I've only seen 1 and 2...The deaths were amusing though....especially the racists...Only bit I cringed at was the fish hook.

BackFire
There were many more traps in this one than in the others. Yeah it was definitely a fun romp.

Sith Master X
SAW is one of my favorite film series off all time, so as a big fan, I had high hopes for the last one.

For the most part, I was satisfied with it. The traps were great, but the story took a considerable hit in this one in comparison to SAW 6.

The ending was what I a was dreaming of, but it could have been executed a bit better. Ever since SAW 3, it wasn't hard to piece the fact that you know who was behind a lot of it. But the final 15 minutes is such a rush job, they try to conclude a 7 part franchise within 3 minutes, and it simply needed more explanation.

Guess what the 3D added to the movie? Oh yeah....nothing! As usual. lol But I didn't let it distract me much.

Overall, good movie and a good way to end it, but you can't help but feel like it left a little more to be desired.

the ninjak
Poor Young Indiana Jones.

Wolfie
We've seen many "final chapters" in the horror genre. While this is a nice ending, there's nothing that says they can't do another one. I wouldn't bet on a 2011 release of Saw VIII though.

I enjoyed Saw VII, like the other six. And it was a nice ending.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.