Maximus vs Katsamoto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
The duel takes place in the Gladiatorial Arena

Maximus is armed with:
Rudius
Cestus (steel glove like the ones worn in MMA)
Roman Armor

Katsamoto is armed with:
Katana
Japanese Samurai Armor

Who wins?

Rogue Jedi
Maximus.

RE: Blaxican
Katsamoto easy

Rogue Jedi
Maximus has better screen feats.

Kaibs
I will not commit as both are very high on my list of favorites.

RE: Blaxican
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Maximus has better screen feats. No he doesn't.

I have no idea who Katsamoto even is. haermm

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
No he doesn't.

I have no idea who Katsamoto even is. haermm Yes, he really does.

Robtard
The hell is Maximus being gimped? Dude has a ceremonial wooden sword.

Rogue Jedi
**** that, the man has a regular sword.

jinXed by JaNx
If Maximus had standard issue, General or Centurian weapons and armor he would rock Katsamoto. I don't see any Samurai ever beating a trained soldier with a curved shield and short sword. Without a proper steel sword or shield, however, there is no way that he will be able to stave off the attacks from a master samurai.

Rogue Jedi
Max fought the guy in the mask and two tigers, all at once. Kat will be a walk in the park.

BruceSkywalker
ironically i am watching the last samurai at this very moment , but yeah katsumoto won't be a problem

Rogue Jedi
Good movie though.

the ninjak
Gladiator fricken kills him.

Kaibs
My name is Gladiator.

How dare you show your back to me! Slave, you will remove your helmet and tell me your name.

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

RAWR!

the ninjak
Originally posted by Kaibs
My name is Gladiator.

How dare you show your back to me! Slave, you will remove your helmet and tell me your name.

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

RAWR!

The win on that so severely overwhelms anything Last Samurai had.

Kaibs
Originally posted by the ninjak
The win on that so severely overwhelms anything Last Samurai had.

I know right? I could quote that movie as much as I quote Anchorman. If the Last Samurai was actually Katsomoto instead of Nathan I would of loved it a lot more. The only real memorable quote from that movie I remember is Katsomoto's poem.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Kaibs
I know right? I could quote that movie as much as I quote Anchorman. If the Last Samurai was actually Katsomoto instead of Nathan I would of loved it a lot more. The only real memorable quote from that movie I remember is Katsomoto's poem.

Apparently that was an uneasy set. Too glossy to have any grasp to be a classic. Every scene played predictably. I only liked the ninja attack scene.

Whereas Gladiator rode that line between cheese/reality so well that there was no reason to believe that this wasn't the way it actually went down. Considering the environment.

Kaibs
Apparently that was an uneasy set. Too glossy to have any grasp to be a classic. Every scene played predictably. I only liked the ninja attack scene.

Whereas Gladiator rode that line between cheese/reality so well that there was no reason to believe that this wasn't the way it actually went down. Considering the environment.

That's because Russell Crowe owns the life out of Tom Cruise on any given day. Plus the set designs, and costume designers were just way better. Everything was just way better.

the ninjak
Russell Crow in Robin Hood looks just like my Dad. Makes me laugh everytime. Russell has edge.

Yeah Cruise killed that movie.
It's like he had to be pretty to relate to Japanese but in the end had no idea what the situation would have demanded spiritually.
The guy was trained by the Last Samurai show some balls.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Max fought the guy in the mask and two tigers, all at once. Kat will be a walk in the park.

Definitely impressive but i think this is different. Maximus doesn't even have any type of ranged weapon. The only thing he has are those stupid iron gloves.

Kaibs
Russell Crow in Robin Hood looks just like my Dad. Makes me laugh everytime. Russell has edge.

Yeah Cruise killed that movie.
It's like he had to be pretty to relate to Japanese but in the end had no idea what the situation would have demanded spiritually.
The guy was trained by the Last Samurai show some balls.

The movie was really good. I just wish Tom Cruise wasn't in it is all. Heh.

ADarksideJedi
Interesting paring.I would say Maximus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.