Petition to remove the video advertisements on KMC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chomperx9
Discuss here and agree for KMC to remove the lysol advertisement as well as the other videos with audio that pops up almost every time you refresh the page.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by chomperx9
Discuss here and agree for KMC to remove the lysol advertisement as well as the other videos with audio that pops up almost every time you refresh the page.

What are you going to do to replace the income that these adds generate for KMC? Should we change it so that we have to pay to post?

Symmetric Chaos
Without the ads all of the money to maintain the site would come out of Raz's pocket.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
What are you going to do to replace the income that these adds generate for KMC? Should we change it so that we have to pay to post? Talking about the ones with the audio that start playing constantly.

These just started recently. The advertisements before were not annoying.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Without the ads all of the money to maintain the site would come out of Raz's pocket. U guys arent understanding. not talking about every single advertisement. ive been on here for almost 2 years now and these advertisements with the audio just started recently.

there was no problem with the advertisements before.

my point is raz should use other advertisers like the ones before without the audio. like the netflix one or the disney dvd ones or something with no sound

Shakyamunison
Talking about the ones with the audio that start playing constantly.

These just started recently. The advertisements before were not annoying.

I know what you are talking about, but this is not my home, and I am just a guest here.

Peach
Moved to the correct forum.

Anyway, with most ad rotation things that are available, the owner of the site where the ads are displayed does not actually choose which ones show up. And there have been ones that play audio in the past; there was a thread to post those so that Raz could remove them but I don't see it right now.

And really, Adblock. Problem solved for good.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I know what you are talking about, but this is not my home, and I am just a guest here. right but u can vote on here for changes. for example everyone voted for cross gene threads in the comic vs forum.

Raz allowed it

Peach
right but u can vote on here for changes. for example everyone voted for cross gene threads in the comic vs forum.

Raz allowed it

Raz did not allow that, the Comic Vs. mods did, and it was only voted on by members who frequent that forum.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Peach
Raz did not allow that, the Comic Vs. mods did, and it was only voted on by members who frequent that forum. right it was voted so whats wrong with members voting on this. ive seen other members complain about it as well in the off topic forum

T.M
Adblock.

I have never seen any video/audio ads.

chomperx9
Originally posted by T.M
Adblock.

I have never seen any video/audio ads. at the bottom of the site thats where the videos start.

I have pop up blocker selected but it doesnt help

The Nuul

You claim that you have Raz's Facebook, cell number and you text him. So why need us?

chomperx9
Originally posted by The Nuul
You claim that you have Raz's Facebook, cell number and you text him, all the time. So why need us? because if he hears it from more than one person it helps more.

The Nuul
I do hate that damn Halloween one though. It happens at least twice a day. It always happens at the wrong time so it always scares the shit outta me because I am watching something with the volume up. It also makes my parrot jump 5 feet every time

chomperx9
Originally posted by The Nuul
I do hate that damn Halloween one though. It happens at least twice a day. It always happens at the wrong time so it always scares the shit outta me because I am watching something with the volume up. It also makes my parrot jump 5 feet every time I keep getting the lysol one as well as afew others. I havent seen the halloween one yet

The Nuul
Possible based off of IP because I never seen that one.

lil bitchiness
I see no advert. I hear no advert. And I don't spam.

T.M
Adblock for web browsers.

Firefox

Chrome

Safari

IE8

Just download the one for the browser you are using.

The Nuul
Done, thanks TM.

T.M
You're very welcome.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Without the ads all of the money to maintain the site would come out of Raz's pocket.

What type of maintenance has to be done? Indexing should be automatic...the physical server is in, what, Houston? (Raz is in the UK.) There's the electicity costs but I think Raz's partner takes care of that. On top of that, I do not think the minor updates/changes done are cutting into his real world job.

Eliminating one ad or asking the group that pushes that ad, to remove it from their ad tasks, at least for KMC, is not a tall order, at all, and it a very common request from website owners. It will quickly be replaced with a less intrusive ad IF it is removed.

I don't see why that would be needed, though. Why not just use adblocker in Firefox? Block the ads you don't like. It's a piece of cake...no..."piece of crumb cake." big grin

*reads farther in the thread*

Originally posted by T.M
Adblock for web browsers.

Firefox

Chrome

Safari

IE8

Just download the one for the browser you are using.

lol! So like...end thread n'stuff?

T.M
Pretty much yeah.

Bardock42
I use Opera uhuh

T.M
miffed There's always one.

The Nuul
After a day its not removing the ads anymore, what gives?

Rogue Jedi
So lemmee get this straight. The ad's are there for money, I know this. But if someone blocks them, KMC still gets paid when that person signs on?

Robtard
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
So lemmee get this straight. The ad's are there for money, I know this. But if someone blocks them, KMC still gets paid when that person signs on?

Adds are already paid for. If no one logs log, money is still taken, though the reason companies are paying Raz to show their adds is due to the traffic this place gets.

If you made a website and only your grandmother visited it, you'd have a hard time having McDonalds pay you to have an add of theirs displayed, considering it gets one visitor.

Kaibs
Haha @ Chomper claiming to have a Bromance going on with Raz.

§P0oONY
Originally posted by Robtard
Adds are already paid for. If no one logs log, money is still taken, though the reason companies are paying Raz to show their adds is due to the traffic this place gets.

If you made a website and only your grandmother visited it, you'd have a hard time having McDonalds pay you to have an add of theirs displayed, considering it gets one visitor. Wrong. He uses Google Adsense, which is pay per click.

The Nuul
HOW THE HELL DO THESE AD ONS STAY ARGH!!! Evey time when I restart my PC It doesn't block or have the option anymore. I get this damn annoying knocking sound now with a damn homeless kid begging me for money. I have tried a few browsers.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.