Nurse Was Strangled To Death By A Mentally Ill Patient.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

StarCraft2
http://www.kcra.com/news/25516905/detail.html (SOURCE)

My 2 pennies: This is why I train with Jiu Jitsu + Wrestling, so that I can protect myself (and/or Others) from these patients. Knowing this, makes martial arts much more important because MA can save your life (to get out of a choke hold or defend yourself from harm such as this)

mikeydude
But buddy, at the same time you would want to not hurt the patient to such an extent where you get into trouble.

StarCraft2
Originally posted by mikeydude
But buddy, at the same time you would want to not hurt the patient to such an extent where you get into trouble.

Full nelson

Full Mount (without ground and pound)

Side Control (without transition to an armbar)

In guard (with attacker's arms on held close to your chest to neutralize any other attacks/chokes)

In other words grapple just to get out of the attackers choke hold or pin the attacker without striking, or reversing the choke hold without harming the patient.

Kaibs
Or you could also get stabbed to death, but yes. And don't call it MMA. I mean what you're doing as a sport is MMA, but BJJ is BJJ not MMA. It's stupid to disrespect the sport when it it's so much more than something to watch on TV. Especially when you're missing the whole point of martial arts to begin with.

Robtard
Was just in the Napa are this last weekend for a birthday dinner.

Sad thing, the murderer will likely get off on some bullshit "instanity" plea and just go back to the retard ward.

Rogue Jedi
Wow. More BBJ talk. How Nice.

Kaibs
Originally posted by Robtard
Was just in the Napa are this last weekend for a birthday dinner.

Sad thing, the murderer will likely get off on some bullshit "instanity" plea and just go back to the retard ward.

Back on topic. Yes, I agree with you on that one.

mikeydude
I know right.

Oi.

StarCraft2
http://fugitive.com/archives/30354 (other source)
It states here the lunatic attacker used bare hands/arms to kill that poor nurse.

I modify my BJJ + wrestling with biting, eye gouging, testicle crushing, back of the head striking, ear ripping, trachea squeezing, to survive.

Since all nurses carry a pen, medicine cart keys, and a stethoscope, these tools can be used as make shift weapons

Rogue Jedi
I wonder when this whole "ZOMG I TAKE MMA I'M A BADASS" fad will die out? Starcraft is kind of an exception to the rule, I'm talking about others.

Kaibs
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I wonder when this whole "ZOMG I TAKE MMA I'M A BADASS" fad will die out? Starcraft is kind of an exception to the rule, I'm talking about others.

Personally I think people have an absolute right to do what they want as most people on here who know me know. But I'm not exactly "fond" of people who think they're the worlds biggest badasses because they practice martial arts which they use in MMA. Knowing a deadly technique doesn't make you a badass. Try being in a warzone for 2 or 3 straight tours then talk to me about badassery. Or just try being in a dangerous situation in general. The sooner people realize that being a "badass" isn't exactly something to strive for the better.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Kaibs
Personally I think people have an absolute right to do what they want as most people on here who know me know. But I'm not exactly "fond" of people who think they're the worlds biggest badasses because they practice martial arts which they use in MMA. Knowing a deadly technique doesn't make you a badass. Try being in a warzone for 2 or 3 straight tours then talk to me about badassery. Or just try being in a dangerous situation in general. The sooner people realize that being a "badass" isn't exactly something to strive for the better.

Look, all I'm saying is that my bullshit radar is pretty refined. When someone makes a bullshit claim, 9 times out of 10 I'll sniff it out.

StarCraft2
Rogue Jedi... Can you defend yourself from an attack?
Pretend you are a nurse who work at a psych ward just like me or that woman who was killed. (armed with pen + medicine cart keys + stethoscope)

If you are in that situation. Can you defend yourself? or are you gonna be defenseless?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by StarCraft2
Rogue Jedi... Can you defend yourself from an attack?
Pretend you are a nurse who work at a psych ward just like me or that woman who was killed.

If you are in that situation. Can you defend yourself? or are you gonna be defenseless?

Yeah, I can defend myself in an attack. I am a big guy, 6'1 and 224 pounds. Plus I know how to box. Why do you ask? It really depends on who is attacking me and how they are attacking me.

Kaibs
Yeah, I can defend myself in an attack. I am a big guy, 6'1 and 224 pounds. Plus I know how to box. Why do you ask? It really depends on who is attacking me and how they are attacking me.

He's trying to make a justified point.

StarCraft2
Good... boxing is a very very good first line of defense against a lunatic patient.

FYI offtopic: I am far from bad ass, I get my ass kicked daily by fighters in all arts (striking and grappling) its demoralizing at times

My final 2 sent on the topic. All nurses should learn MA. It is a must! because nurses do get hurt, get attacked, and like this situation get killed by a patient via strangled to death.

Rogue Jedi
He's trying to make a justified point. Well maybe he should come flat out and say it. I don't beat around the bush, speak your mind to me.

AbnormalButSane
Bummer

Kaibs
cent* and I agree that nurses or wards who work in that department of mental institutions should learn some form of self defense. But not exactly what you're recommending.

Rogue Jedi
Good... boxing is a very very good first line of defense against a lunatic patient.

FYI offtopic: I am far from bad ass, I get my ass kicked daily by fighters.

My final 2 sent on the topic. All nurses should learn MA. It is a must! because nurses do get hurt, get attacked, and like this situation get killed by a patient via strangled to death. [/QUOTE}
Wrong. Two words: FOREIGN OBJECT.

Which is why I said "Starcraft is kind of an exception."

IMO all nurses should carry ASP's and pepper spray.

King Castle
hmm...

i am thinking that starcraft was the one who killed the nurse and blamed the patient.mhmm

anyways....

dont you guys, Nurses and psych wards have orderlies or guards?

where were they?

StarCraft2
Well maybe he should come flat out and say it. I don't beat around the bush, speak your mind to me.

ENCORE:
My final 2 cent (originally mispelled as "sent" which makes me feel like an idiot then I lol'd) on the topic. All nurses should learn MA. It is a must! because nurses do get hurt, get attacked, and like this situation get killed by a patient via strangled to death.

Kaibs
Encore*

Learn to spell cent not sent. And everyone got your point the first time around bro. Nobody is exactly disagreeing with you.

Phoenix3068
How much do you actually know about this? Maybe said nurse had no time to react? If you provide information that she had time and she could have made a make shift weapon in time or that she could have had time to defend herself against an attack. It's just as important to have a swift reaction as it is to have good combat skills.

Rogue Jedi
Encore*

Learn to spell cent not sent. And everyone got your point the first time around bro. Nobody is exactly disagreeing with you. Ahahahaha Grammar Nazi.

StarCraft2
yes and yes. unfortunately I dont work at Napa where that poor nurse was killed. That mental hospital is for criminally insane patient.

I work in a softcore psych ward. (soft core as in the patient refuses injection/meds and throws a tantrum+soiled towel on to you but not choke and kill you)

Rogue Jedi
ASP. Pepper spray. Problem solved.

Phoenix3068
All nurses should learn MA -.-? That is a poor statement even in itself. You learn MA so you think they should, well a gun enthusiast would say "They should carry a gun" a classic day samurai should say "be armed with a blade", a police officer may say "carry pepper spray", I say "Wrap them up tight so they can't do anything then chain them to the wall". Why do we all say this, because it's our opinion in perspective to how we would handle the situation.

They should have protection, period. Rather its their own fists, a weapon, or a guy with a big hammer, is their own choice.

King Castle
Originally posted by Phoenix3068
How much do you actually know about this? Maybe said nurse had no time to react? If you provide information that she had time and she could have made a make shift weapon in time or that she could have had time to defend herself against an attack. It's just as important to have a swift reaction as it is to have good combat skills. i agree. thumb up

@starcraft
you could be the best trained fighter in the world and if a patient hits you when your guard is drop you could just be another victim.

the guy could hit you in the throat while your tryin to talk to him or hand them meds.

now your choking/gasping for air or have a crushed larynx smokin'

Pfff...

all that muscle for nuthin

Rogue Jedi
Guy with a big hammer haermm

StarCraft2
I was passing medication worked NOC shift and the patient's TV was on news. Then I heard the news caster saying "A nurse was killed at napa by a mentally ill patient..." I stopped and watched the news with a non combative patient next to me.

The news made me feel enraged because a fellow nurse whose sole purpose is to help people was killed by her own patient.

Rogue Jedi
I know a guy who used to be a nurse, my dad's friend. He was sacked because some patients jumped him. He ended up breaking the jaw of one of them.

King Castle
i/m not a big fan of mental wards although i do respect people who become nurses..

it kinda a 50/50 thing for me whether i care or not, if anything it should be expected to an extend especially working in certain clinics and pysch wards.

you dont become a fireman and expect not to be burn, things happen.

Rogue Jedi
Another time, years ago, he was stabbed like ten times with a pencil. Crazy job, man.

JacopeX
Wooo....

I can imagine where that head would go with a high kick across the back skull. stick out tongue

Slay
Ahahahaha Grammar Nazi.
More like Spelling Nazi, brah.

Robtard
Or we could do what some guy suggested (and did) 75 or so years ago and just gas all the loonies, retards and other unfortunates, as they're dangerous and a burden on the state.

Phoenix3068
I can't wait till Kaibs gets back on to criticize my own post :3 it typically happens. Anyways we got our points across. It is upsetting for the nurse and those who work in the same field. A sad day for many people. She should have had some form of protection to fend them off. StarCraft killed the nurse. A high kick to the back of the skull would fly far.

King Castle
my mom was a nurse when she was 18 to 20 back in the day. she hated it having to help clean patients, one of her stories was about having to clean an eye socket sick

my mom's friend was a live in nurse/night nurse she would talk about taking care of old ppl and some times she be so tired taking care of them that when they passed away at night she just push them over and take a nap for while b4 callin for an ambulance for a body pick up. no expression

Phoenix3068
0.o almost as bad as the nurse I heard about having sex with sick patients.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Slay
More like Spelling Nazi, brah. Did you just call me a piece of underwear?

Kaibs
More like Spelling Nazi, brah.

Oh Slay, you had me at hello brah.

Phoenix3068
Grammar, Spelling, Exclamation F-- You dude! You don't know me! You don't know me! *drives off a cliff* FREEDOM!!!

Kaibs
I can't wait till Kaibs gets back on to criticize my own post :3 it typically happens. Anyways we got our points across. It is upsetting for the nurse and those who work in the same field. A sad day for many people. She should have had some form of protection to fend them off. StarCraft killed the nurse. A high kick to the back of the skull would fly far.

Actually. I have no qualm with your post. In this case I almost agree with you. Keyword: almost. :J

Phoenix3068
Kaibs... one of these days. I'm going to bump into you in real life. When that day comes I can only pray I have a hack saw, a trampoline, and a monkey who knows how to juggle.

King Castle
0.o almost as bad as the nurse I heard about having sex with sick patients. was this a female nurse and was she hot? blink

Rogue Jedi
Worst part of being a nurse? Bedpans.

Phoenix3068
I heard about different times >.> and I'm a girl and not lesbian, so...
1. It was no specific girl.
2. Sure, why not?

StarCraft2
My final final 2 CENTS (I didnt mispell it this time. man that made me feel like an idiot) LEARN 2 Protect yourself in anyway possible with using whatever you have to make a make shift weapon / shield

My personal story: a chinese patient (non english speaking) was agitated and used a water pitcher made of glass and was waving it around attempting to hit people with it. I wrapped my arms and hands with thick towel to block any attacks. I subdued him by bear hug without getting hit by the glass pitcher. (back then I was just a lowly CNA and without any MA training)

Kaibs
Kaibs... one of these days. I'm going to bump into you in real life. When that day comes I can only pray I have a hack saw, a trampoline, and a monkey who knows how to juggle.

As long as the monkey is the Phonics Monkey from South Park I am totally up for said encounter.

Kaibs
My final final 2 CENTS (I didnt mispell it this time. man that made me feel like an idiot) LEARN 2 Protect yourself in anyway possible with using whatever you have to make a make shift weapon / shield

My personal story: a chinese patient (non english speaking) was agitated and used a water pitcher made of glass and was waving it around attempting to hit people with it. I wrapped my arms and hands with thick towel to block any attacks. I subdued him by bear hug without getting hit by the glass pitcher. (back then I was just a lowly CNA and without any MA training)

Good job bro. Good job. I'm proud.

King Castle
sigh...the best way to learn to defend yourself is not to think as a victim and change the mental combat confidence issue in a hostile situation.

the thing is altering a person's way of viewing things when you are a nurse kinda like taking a step back imo..

either way like certain potentially dangerous jobs they should have self defense course ppl show up once in a while and offer like a 3 day learning shop every few months.

Slay
Did you just call me a piece of underwear?
Nah, brah.Originally posted by Phoenix3068
Grammar, Spelling, Exclamation F-- You dude! You don't know me! You don't know me! *drives off a cliff* FREEDOM!!!
Never said I did know you and never criticised you personally. So really, don't *****.Originally posted by Kaibs
Oh Slay, you had me at hello brah.
I tend to have that effect on people, brah.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by King Castle
sigh...the best way to learn to defend yourself is not to think as a victim and change the mental combat confidence issue in a hostile situation.

the thing is altering a person's way of viewing things when your a nurse kinda like taking a step back imo..

either way like certain potentially dangerous jobs they should have self defense ppl show up once in a while and offer like a 3 day learning shop every few months. I think a "him or me" stance is effective.

StarCraft2
yes it is a female nurse 50ish yrs old Donna Gross (nurse at Napa) was killed by a raving lunatic 37 yrs old Jess Willard Massey.

Kaibs
Nah, brah.
Never said I did know you and never criticised you personally. So really, don't *****.
I tend to have that effect on people, brah.

Oh I know brah, I know. We could ship jars of your epicness out to the masses and let them get hooked. It'll be the new crack cocaine.

Slay
Oh I know brah, I know. We could ship jars of your epicness out to the masses and let them get hooked. It'll be the new crack cocaine.
We could. But my epicness most be conserved for those that are worthy.

Robtard
Worst part of being a nurse? Bedpans.

Na, my heterosexual life-partner is an ICU nurse, he has told me horror stories of people in the ICU he had to take care of who were literally at death's door and falling apart.

-Flesh eating bacteria around, on and in the anus

-Gangrene in the testicles

-Necrotic vaginas due to untreated infection

List goes on and on.

Kaibs
We could. But my epicness most be conserved for those that are worthy.

That's why you sell it for various things in return. Like walk up to Jessica Alba, and be like welp "here's my epicness" she'd just instantly drop to her knees and well you know the rest. Or one day you'll be like " **** I WANT A CHICKEN SANDWICH". So you'll go outside bring a jar of epicness, and bam, chicken sandwich.

King Castle
yes it is a female nurse 50ish yrs old Donna Gross (nurse at Napa) was killed by a raving lunatic 37 yrs old Jess Willard Massey. which in all fairness if trained in self defense she may have and more likely would still have died unable to overcome his advantages and compensate for her disadvantages.

Kaibs
Na, my heterosexual life-partner is an ICU nurse, he has told me horror stories of people in the ICU he had to take care of who were literally at death's door and falling apart.

List goes on and on.

There are a lot of hot nurses though. For some reason a lot of girls these days feel the need to be a nurse.

King Castle
as do gay men more often then not, something you wanna tell us Starcraft? shifty

Rogue Jedi

List goes on and on. .......................You SO win.

StarCraft2

either way like certain potentially dangerous jobs they should have self defense course ppl show up once in a while and offer like a 3 day learning shop every few months.

BINGO!

but what really sux to be a nurse is that a nurse cannot cause a bruise or a skin tear on a patient.

if a nurse survives an attack but caused a skin tear or bruising or any other injury, his/her career is at stake (It can be reported to the state and my cause a permanent record on his/her nursing license) its all this nursing legal bull...

One of my co workers caused a bruising on left ear got fired back in April. (I dont know the full story though)

Robtard
There are a lot of hot nurses though. For some reason a lot of girls these days feel the need to be a nurse.

There are; he loves it, as it's close to a 5-1 ratio of female-to-male nurses and he says many of them are hot, young and older.

Kaibs
There are; he loves it, as it's close to a 5-1 ratio of female-to-male nurses and he says many of them are hot, young and older.

Yeah man, I remember when I was in the hospital in July. I had a hot nurse around the clock it was almost unfair having a girlfriend at the time, because I am sure I could of gotten me at least some foreplay.

StarCraft2
as do gay men more often then not, something you wanna tell us Starcraft? shifty

I BECAME A NURSE TO MAKE SOME MONEY AND USE THAT MONEY TO LIVE MY LIFE... Food shelter bills (money to go out at restaurants) and the most important of all. TO F a female nurse... (next one is F a CNA )

Kaibs
I BECAME A NURSE TO MAKE SOME MONEY AND USE THAT MONEY TO LIVE MY LIFE... Food shelter bills (money to go out at restaurants) and the most important of all. TO F a female nurse... (next one is F a CNA)

He's got a good point. Nurses make bank. My aunt makes like 40 an hour for being an ER nurse or some shit.

Rogue Jedi
I BECAME A NURSE TO MAKE SOME MONEY AND USE THAT MONEY TO LIVE MY LIFE... Food shelter bills (money to go out at restaurants) and the most important of all. TO F a female nurse... (next one is F a CNA ) I remember once when I sprained my ankle I was in the ER, the nurse that tended to me "accidentally" leaned over too far and brushed her bewbz across my face.

King Castle
bn thinking if you are not allowed to injure a patient what happens when you put an I.V. or give CPR..

Kaibs
bn thinking if you are not allowed to injure a patient what happens when you put an I.V. or give CPR..

How exactly is that injuring someone? CPR usually saves lives not injures them. As for the I.V. the patient usually gives consent before they actually do it.

King Castle
not some wards.

but CPR if done right can crack some ribs if not break them.

its how i was trained in combat 1st aid.

Kaibs
not some wards.

but CPR if done right can crack some ribs if not break them.

its how i was trained in combat 1st aid.

Ahh I see what you meant now. Yeah, you can usually cave someones chest in, but you have to do it a certain way. I'm sure we both learned the same way if you learned combat first aid.

As far as the pickline goes, if you're not combat medic then yes. Soldiers tend to **** that shit up tremendously so it does kind of hurt or get annoying after a while.

StarCraft2
actually my idiot friends (who knows a nurse/married a nurse/whos got a girlfriend who works as a nurse) enticed me with the 40-50 dollar an hour by becoming a nurse. (my friends are mooching off their wives/girlfriends who worked as a nurse) I didnt know what I wanted to be. I became a nurse instead.

The words of my friend ---"if you become a nurse, you gonna make major bank. you gonna fck any girl you want."

I lafft/scofft it off.

as for the do no harm thing.

as for I.V. Call a Phlebotomist/experienced nurse/practice on a chicken/take IV certification class for experience.
CPR is attempting to save life so a little crack rib is better than dying. Nurses are protected by Samaritan law.

King Castle
hmm.. i was seeing a nurse as a young kid didnt know they made good money but, she did it as a calling since her family was rich pharmaceutical stock holders...

probably shouldnt have caffed her off but i was upgrading at least i thought that at the time.

StarCraft2
my final 2 cents for this thread...

HOOK UP WITH A FEMALE NURSE...(if youre a straight man or a lesbo girl)

HOOK UP WITH A MALE NURSE (if youre gay)

King Castle
nah,

i'll just keep chasin my friend's friends who are upper class and havent worked a day in their life and probably never will..

hopefully this time around i wont be cocky enough to say no to them when asked a very important question.

http://comps.fotosearch.com/comp/CRT/CRT306/middle-aged-female-age_~15358-43AT.jpg

Robtard
nah,

i'll just keep chasin my friend's friends who are upper class and havent worked a day in their life and probably never will..

hopefully this time around i wont be cocky enough to say no to them when asked a very important question.

They just want to slum it for a bit before they marry the guy who'll take care of them financially for the rest of their lives, post divorce too.

StarCraft2
whats the important question?

asking her for her hand in marriage?
to tie the knot?

Notice the Ads in this thread are about job offers in healthcare? or nursing schools?

King Castle
whats the important question?

asking her for her hand in marriage?
to tie the knot? one told me she wanted to get married to me and not just date and live together.

another offered to take care of me and move to florida for school while her dad paid for it all.. he offered to pay for my schoolin and buy us a house plus marriage would have bn the unavoidable result.

the latter, i was 18, 19 at the time really scared me.

the 1st i was 21 iirc.

i was scared of commitment plus some really bad advice as well from certain ppl.. i also had this selfish shallow attitude about upgrading which i did regularly.

StarCraft2
upgrading regularly? I dont know the lingo even if I am 26 yo.

using my perverted mind to interpret the phrase it would be.

you are a dog in heat. effing as many women as you want.

King Castle
back then i was.

upgrading was: prettier, more athletic, richer, smarter. chasin the perfect woman ideal in my mind..

breaking up with the last one to pursue another which i considered better.

StarCraft2
How many women have you Fcked? ROFL If you dont mind asking?
20? 30? 40? 50? 100? enough puzzys to get HIV+ (I lulz / I joke / my jokes are a bit morbid/perverted hybrid)

King Castle
i stop keeping track at 22 yrs of age. i was still in my 20's to the 30 number.
i was in a particular social party crew basically we competed with each other to see who could bag the most girls in a particular week or month even had one day competitions.

i started getting checked for HIV regularly every few months at 23yrs.

i am clean and healthy as a horse.

StarCraft2
as clean as a virgin but fcks like a wh0r3 and strong like a champion... pretty sweet w00t

I gotta get myself check soon

Robtard
one told me she wanted to get married to me and not just date and live together.

another offered to take care of me and move to florida for school while her dad paid for it all.. he offered to pay for my schoolin and buy us a house plus marriage would have bn the unavoidable result.

the latter, i was 18, 19 at the time really scared me.

the 1st i was 21 iirc.

i was scared of commitment plus some really bad advice as well from certain ppl.. i also had this selfish shallow attitude about upgrading which i did regularly.

Come on.

Rogue Jedi
Come on. Stinks, doesn't it?

Robtard
I'll buy the angle that some yuppy 18 year old fell in love with him and ranted about marriage/taking care of him, cos teenagers are lame and that's what they do. More action, less thought, probably changed her mind and back 6 times within the month.

But some father wanting his teen-daughter to be married to some guy cos his teen-daughter is "in love" and he's offering to put the guy through college. Come on.

Rogue Jedi
Bull to the schlacka.

dadudemon

lol

I weigh more than you, now.

You been losing weight, dude?

We still on for that competition?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by dadudemon
lol

I weigh more than you, now.

You been losing weight, dude?

We still on for that competition? I haven't been dieting, just changing up what I eat. Wait, that's dieting. And I switched to lite beer.
Competition?

StarCraft2
All nurses in California knows this story. I hope the state reforms some nurse-patient relationship due to this incident. (allowing nurses to use force to defend herself from a mentally ill or criminally insane patient)

right now nurses are legally defenseless from lawsuit or losing her job should she try to defend herself from patient's attack

mikeydude
I haven't been dieting, just changing up what I eat. Wait, that's dieting. And I switched to lite beer.
Competition?
"Lite Beer"

haaa. Beer is for gays.
Especially Lite Beer.

King Castle
All nurses in California knows this story. I hope the state reforms some nurse-patient relationship due to this incident. (allowing nurses to use force to defend herself from a mentally ill or criminally insane patient)

right now nurses are legally defenseless from lawsuit or losing her job should she try to defend herself from patient's attack no. i feel bad for live in nurses who are constantly threaten by their ungrateful or bitter patients into getting them fired and accused of sh#$.

anyways...

in japan nurses give hand jobs. iirc or is it china

confused

steverules_2
Sounds like one flew over the cuckoo's nest

StarCraft2
http://images.picturesdepot.com/photo/o/one_flew_over_the_cuckoos_nest-1175.JPG

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.