silver surfers upgrade

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lionking
how powerful is surfer now. i came across this

Annihilation

http://www.comicvine.com/silver-surfer/29-2502/

Thanos had set the power levels on the machine to his own level so that no one could unlock it. He than discovered the Silver Surfer was also being held in stasis. He freed the Silver Surfer while hoping that the Surfer still had enough power left to outmatch Thanos' power level that was set on the machine. The Silver Surfer was severly weak at the time but he still succeeded in overpowering the machine (this may be due to his latest power increase Given to him by Galactus), this was a great accomplishment for the Silver Surfer.

The Thanos Imperative

The Surfer showed his impressive powers by easily defeating two of the most powerful members of the Revengers at the same time - Iron Man and Thor. He faced Mar-Vell himself along with Nova, but their battle was cut short when Mar-Vell became aware of the Avatar of Death's location. As he departed, he created a massive explosion to destroy his enemies.

Nihilist
Originally posted by lionking
how powerful is surfer now. i came across this

Annihilation

http://www.comicvine.com/silver-surfer/29-2502/

Thanos had set the power levels on the machine to his own level so that no one could unlock it. He than discovered the Silver Surfer was also being held in stasis. He freed the Silver Surfer while hoping that the Surfer still had enough power left to outmatch Thanos' power level that was set on the machine. The Silver Surfer was severly weak at the time but he still succeeded in overpowering the machine (this may be due to his latest power increase Given to him by Galactus), this was a great accomplishment for the Silver Surfer.

The Thanos Imperative

The Surfer showed his impressive powers by easily defeating two of the most powerful members of the Revengers at the same time - Iron Man and Thor. He faced Mar-Vell himself along with Nova, but their battle was cut short when Mar-Vell became aware of the Avatar of Death's location. As he departed, he created a massive explosion to destroy his enemies. He never matched Thanos power lvl at all, Thanos states the machine is keyed to his power signature(cosmic power) which Moondragon confirms twice, then she says powerlvl after Drax kills Thanos whilst in a panic about what just happened.

If you read from th start when Thanos starts working on the machine, he press some keys on the board, then he places his had on the pad next to the machine and the gauge next to it starts to fill up it just stops short of being full when Drax enters, Surfer only finishes of the small amount left to fill.

Marvel editor Tom B even said Surfer has recieved no power up, as all other writer have ignored what "power up" he got in Annihilation.

Digi
Yup, the Revengers have been nothing but jobbers, and the evidence for a provable upgrade is almost non-existent, and refuted by Marvel higher-ups as mentioned above. Much ado about nothing, it seems.

This, however, is no knock on Surfer, and is where some of the useless controversy stemmed from. He's powerful enough without a phantom upgrade.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Digi
Yup, the Revengers have been nothing but jobbers, and the evidence for a provable upgrade is almost non-existent, and refuted by Marvel higher-ups as mentioned above. Much ado about nothing, it seems.

This, however, is no knock on Surfer, and is where some of the useless controversy stemmed from. He's powerful enough without a phantom upgrade. TBH i never took it as a power up, i took it as Galactus just released Surfers mental blocks and stopped him being such a pacifist.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Nihilist
TBH i never took it as a power up, i took it as Galactus just released Surfers mental blocks and stopped him being such a pacifist. X2 Hell he is already high herald how much more power does he need

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.