Tetsuo Shima (Akira manga) vs Lucy (Elfen Lied manga)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ban Mido
http://i52.tinypic.com/14cvers.jpg

I've seen this fight argued a few times on other forums and personally I feel manga Tetsuo takes this but I want to hear everyones opinion ^_^

Both are bloodlusted, Lucy is pissed at Tetsuo, and Tetsuo wants Lucy dead

(if this is spite I apologize I didn't really get to finish either Manga but it's obvious they're much stronger in the Manga lol)

menokokoro
while lucy is a much cooler character, and has a much more original POWERFUL eh...power. tetsuo....there isn't anything she can do against him.

edit: this is with the knowledge of the anime of elfen lied, so she might be much more powerful than i am thinking

Nephthys
IIRC Tetsou was 'only' continent level, whereas manga Lucy was shaping up to be a legit planet-buster. I sincerely doubt that Tetsou can tank a Vector literally the size of Japan.

Nephthys
Moving at approximately Mach 800.

Astner
Originally posted by Nephthys
IIRC Tetsou was 'only' continent level, whereas manga Lucy was shaping up to be a legit planet-buster. I sincerely doubt that Tetsou can tank a Vector literally the size of Japan.
No, just no. The giant vectors at the end of the manga, they barely did anything. Lucy has no hope against Tetsuo.

Moving at approximately Mach 800.
No.

NemeBro
What's this Lucy being a planet buster shit? She was demolishing buildings around Japan, and how would you quantify the speed of her vectors?

Not that I know jackshit about Tetsuo or anything.

Nephthys
I'm going off this post, the numbers seemed pretty legit. *shrugs*

Nephthys
I suppose we could get Screampaste in here to run the numbers if you guys want. He loves that shit (and is really good at it. shh! don't tell him i said that).

Edit: Though looking at it thatt last 'more accurrate' argument seems to rely on a awful amount of supposition. The others seem solid though.

Ban Mido
Waaait someone just told me that Tetsuo in the manga created a big bang O.O...........could someone verify this ._.?

Nephthys
Damn, maybe we should actually read some of these manga's. sad

Wiki says it was a miniture big bang and that he's a continent buster.

Ban Mido
http://outskirtsbattledome.wikispaces.com/Character+Profile+-+Tetsuo

http://outskirtsbattledome.wikispaces.com/Character+Profile+-+Lucy

forgot to post those earlier XD

NemeBro
Continent busting power is above what Lucy showed, as is lightspeed reflexes, if that is true.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Ban Mido
Waaait someone just told me that Tetsuo in the manga created a big bang O.O...........could someone verify this ._.?
That happened at the end of the anime, but I never read the manga so I can't verify.

Astner
I'm going off this post, the numbers seemed pretty legit. *shrugs*
First off all the manga links are broken secondly the calculations are off.

First and foremost the vectors don't have mass, furthermore escape velocity is the velocity you get from integrating (adding together the infinitesimal vector-changes in potential). If something doesn't have mass it doesn't have a potential. So the concept is completely misunderstood and the number-pulling holds zero value. Also we're never given any clear time-frame and there's no sound in space (i.e. mach-n = 0 for all values of n in space).

Secondly, blocking bullets. Yes, Lucy's vectors could react to most riffle bullets (standard riffle-speed: 1,000 m/s, fastest riffle: 1,220 m/s). But that doesn't mean that they're faster than the bullets. I can easily avoid a car traveling at 120 km/h assuming that the distance between us are sufficient, but I'm not faster than 120 km/h.

Thirdly. As for being hit and then using her vectors to react. The vectors come from the heart, literally. So as soon as the vector extended it would be in the way of the bullet. Making the actual speed required: 0 m/s (assuming it's in the right direction) and not 250,000 m/s. Which also explains why she was hit in the face with a bullet at the beginning of the manga where she escaped.

These "calculations" are accomplished through number-stacking without any general understanding of what's to be calculated, or the manga itself. Using basic one-dimensional calculus, trying to describe a three-dimension (+ time) phenomena. Honestly, they're almost as bad as when "Red" didn't know the difference between degrees and radians, somehow thinking (if at all) that the perimeter of a circle was 180 times the diameter, rather than π times the diameter.

I could easily do a better detailed and more explanatory calculation making use of geometric symmetries. However her vector speed (for regular vectors) would fall in the 500 - 1,000 m/s range discounting acceleration.

For optimal calculatsions Quaternions (a four dimensional nummeric system without a negative axis) should be applied to avoid any potential infinites, essentially the same method applied in the programming of robotic arms in industries.

Astner
Why can't the syntax get the symbol "pi" right?

Nephthys
I've never seen any evidence for this. I'm sure they need to have mass to be able to slice through people like that... If things without mass could do that we'd all be ****ed by light particles right? So why do you think they don't have mass? huh

Astner
I've never seen any evidence for this. I'm sure they need to have mass to be able to slice through people like that...
First an foremost, if they had mass the giant vectors of the end of the manga would kill her, or at the very least destroy the ground beneath her. Secondly the vectors don't always interact with matter (it can phase through matter).

If things without mass could do that we'd all be ****ed by light particles right?
Gamma rays can go straight through (pierce) your body.

Nephthys
They did. Or they were at least.

Its possible that the author just didn't think of that (its a pretty dumb manga) but you have to remember that Lucy basically takes the laws of physics behind the back of the shed regularly. She can levitate so its possible she was actively preventing this from happening by supporting her own weight.

Yet they aren't always intangible.

Basically Force = mass x acceleration. Without mass there wouldn't be any force, and the vectors have demonstrated massive amounts of force, like say cutting through, and I'm quoting the respect thread again, 'hundreds of meters of bedrock'. Heck, that instance caused a surrounding tidal wave.

Gamma rays are ****ing wierd though. O.o

Astner
They did. Or they were at least.
I meant due to pressure.

Its possible that the author just didn't think of that (its a pretty dumb manga) but you have to remember that Lucy basically takes the laws of physics behind the back of the shed regularly. She can levitate so its possible she was actively preventing this from happening by supporting her own weight.
"Levitation" is just using two vectors to stand, the pressure is still exerted. When Lucy use them to jump she cracks the asphalt beneath her.

Yet they aren't always intangible.
No, but they can be.

Basically Force = mass x acceleration. Without mass there wouldn't be any force
Wrong, force is postulated with the Lagrangian (a functional) and can't always be expressed in mass and acceleration.

and the vectors have demonstrated massive amounts of force, like say cutting through, and I'm quoting the respect thread again, 'hundreds of meters of bedrock'. Heck, that instance caused a surrounding tidal wave.
I'm not going to go through another one of those "calculations", they're so badly constructed that it's painful to read. So I concede in the argument that the vectors might generate a great amount of force, mainly because it doesn't help her in the slightest against Tetsuo.

Gamma rays are ****ing wierd though. O.o
No, it's highly energetic photons.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.