Ghost rider unleashed vs Doomsday

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
who wins

guy222
GR

Omega Vision
Does Unleashed Ghost Rider have significant powers beyond the penance stare? Because I don't see that having any effect on a non sentient creature.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Does Unleashed Ghost Rider have significant powers beyond the penance stare? Because I don't see that having any effect on a non sentient creature.

you think it might work on gog wars doomsday?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by -Pr-
you think it might work on gog wars doomsday?
Probably. Unless he's protected by WWH-level PIS.

Badabing
Probably. Unless he's protected by WWH-level PIS. Stop being influenced by PR, Cosmic Comet and Rage Of Olympus. WWH wasn't PIS. If anything, he jobbed a bit during the arc. durhulk

-Pr-
Originally posted by Badabing
Stop being influenced by PR, Cosmic Comet and Rage Of Olympus. WWH wasn't PIS. If anything, he jobbed a bit during the arc. durhulk

it is not the fault of this forum that you act and sound like the hulk.

Badabing
it is not the fault of this forum that you act and sound like the hulk. mmm

mhmm

That may be the bestest compliment I've had all day. durcry2

Omega Vision
it is not the fault of this forum that you act and sound like the hulk.
The Hulk never did something like this: http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/4070/6767e.jpg

stick out tongue

-Pr-
The Hulk never did something like this: http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/4070/6767e.jpg

stick out tongue

hystericalhystericalhystericalhystericalhysterical

The human host limits the GR, it's more of a matter of scale than anything else. GR' powers arent very cleraly defined either. DD wont kill him though, he bounces back from anything. He could win by dimension dumping DD.

the ninjak
Doomsday is mighty guilty

Mindset
Does Unleashed Ghost Rider have significant powers beyond the penance stare? Because I don't see that having any effect on a non sentient creature. I'm not sure why it would matter.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Mindset
I'm not sure why it would matter.
The Penance Stare inflicts the pain of your victims on you correct?

The non-sentient incarnations of DD don't feel pain or fear. They're like organic killing machines.

The non-sentient incarnations of DD don't feel pain or fear. They're like organic killing machines. Didn't he show pain when SM wounded him in DOS?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by 753
Didn't he show pain when SM wounded him in DOS?
Possibly. But he didn't experience pain in the way a person experiences it. That was brought up in the fight when DD became sentient and Superman pointed out that now that he could feel fear and pain he was no longer as dangerous as he had once been and he was now vulnerable.

the ninjak
Supoerman cracked the bones in his hands and Doomsday screamed.

MrMind
doomsday either throw gr far away or stalemate

Mindset

The non-sentient incarnations of DD don't feel pain or fear. They're like organic killing machines. It inflicts damage, physical and mental.

It's like a metaphysical punch in the face.

For instance, it turned an angel to dust.

Uriel005
It inflicts damage, physical and mental.

It's like a metaphysical punch in the face.

For instance, it turned an angel to dust.

Penance stare works based on the guilt that the recipient of the look feels as far as I'm aware so I don't see why it would work on the non sentient DD

Mindset
Originally posted by Uriel005
Penance stare works based on the guilt that the recipient of the look feels as far as I'm aware so I don't see why it would work on the non sentient DD It doesn't.

Demons don't have guilt, it works fine on them. PS works on the pain you've caused others.

Uriel005
It doesn't.

Demons don't have guilt, it works fine on them. PS works on the pain you've caused others.

Be interesting to see what GR would do once he realized that like himself DD comes back except he improves each time he does so next time PS won't work. Wonder how GR would react to that.

Mindset
It would work again.

Uriel005
It would work again.

Doomsday evolves so it doesn't work... Can't beat him the same way twice Penance Stare as far as I'm aware only has one setting.

Mindset
Well, yea, you can beat him the same way twice.

GR will let him destroy a planet, then he'll use PS again.

Originally posted by Uriel005
Doomsday evolves so it doesn't work... Can't beat him the same way twice Penance Stare as far as I'm aware only has one setting. DD has been beaten to death repeatedly, it only takes more of the same.

Prep-Man
DD would probably just evolve past the stare. lol.

BobbyD
Originally posted by Prep-Man
DD would probably just evolve past the stare. lol.

I get the feeling that the PS would work every time on DD despite his evolutionary powers.

That's a "gift"/enchantment bestowed upon him by powers far greater than those that DD possesses.

DD would probably just evolve past the stare. lol. When he "evolves" past punches, I'll believe it.

Colossus-Big C
DD would probably just evolve past the stare. lol. not likely

Parmaniac
Originally posted by 753
DD has been beaten to death repeatedly, it only takes more of the same.
Originally posted by 753
When he "evolves" past punches, I'll believe it. thumb up

Omega Vision
Originally posted by 753
DD has been beaten to death repeatedly, it only takes more of the same.
Depends on the version. Current DD doesn't seem to possess as potent an adaptation ability as H/P DD.

Originally posted by 753
When he "evolves" past punches, I'll believe it.
H/P DD had evolved past punches. H/P DD was never beaten by punches, at least not the kind that someone like Superman could deliver. He had evolved beyond that point. H/P DD was destroyed by a Galactus level being hitting him with pure entropy. All subsequent DDs have been inferior duplicates.

Depends on the version. Current DD doesn't seem to possess as potent an adaptation ability as H/P DD.

H/P DD had evolved past punches. H/P DD was never beaten by punches, at least not the kind that someone like Superman could deliver. He had evolved beyond that point. H/P DD was destroyed by a Galactus level being hitting him with pure entropy. All subsequent DDs have been inferior duplicates.
Right, but shouldnt he be more powerfull now than in HP? Isn't that how he's supposed to work? and wasn the original DD rescued from entropy at the end of time? and there was a huge string of boring stories with him getting feelings and losing feelings and getting punched to death again and again and again?

Mindset
Oh shi-

Parmaniac
How did he returned after that anyways? I missed the explanation for this.

EDIT: I guess your edit explains it
Originally posted by 753
Right, but shouldnt he be more powerfull now than in HP? Isn't that how he's supposed to work? and wasn the original DD rescued from entropy at the end of time? and there was a huge string of boring stories with him getting feelings and losing feelings and getting punched to death again and again and again?

godking
It doesn't.

Demons don't have guilt, it works fine on them. PS works on the pain you've caused others. Demons are sentient beings most versions of DD are not sentient beings.

I see no conclusive evidence that the penance stare would work on non sentient Doomsday.

Originally posted by Parmaniac
How did he returned after that anyways? I missed the explanation for this.

EDIT: I guess your edit explains it the timeline is really confusing and I read the stories out of their original order, but I think brainiac has him picked up up so he could download into his body, but it backfires

Mindset
Originally posted by godking
Demons are sentient beings most versions of DD are not sentient beings.

I see no conclusive evidence that the penance stare would work on non sentient Doomsday. Tell me how having sentience matters.

You didn't even read the post I was replying to, he thought guilt was why the PS works, it isn't.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by 753
He was rescued from the End of Time and then subsequently defeated by complicated bfr wherein he'd be constantly teleported between three different teleport pads so he'd never fully reintegrate for even a second.

He was released for the Imperiex War where he ragestomped a bunch of Probes before getting one-shotted by Imperiex-Prime with a blast of entropy. As far as we know had it not been for outside intervention (Lex Luthor) DD wouldn't have regenerated from Imperiex's blast.

Only a skeleton remained, a skeleton which Lex Luthor regenerated using some of Superman's DNA, ergo the new DD was imperfect. For an example think of Jurrassic Park where the Dinosaurs looked like the real thing but weren't because the geneticists had used frog DNA to reconstitute them. Same applies here.

So no, the version of DD known as H/P DD has never been beaten with punches.

But SM KOed him when he gained 'feelings' and wasn't he pounded to death again during the new krypton arc?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by 753
But SM KOed him when he gained 'feelings' and wasn't he pounded to death again during the new krypton arc?
Both of those events take place after his death by Imperiex and subsequent reconstitution thanks to Lex Luthor, IE not the same as H/P DD.

Mindset
Are we using HP DD in this thread?

Omega Vision
Are we using HP DD in this thread?
No idea.

Starscream M
it doesn't matter what version of DD we're using, DD stomps GR

Mindset
Full of fail.

Classic Brucey.

Starscream M
Full of fail.

Classic Brucey. excuse. rather than attacking me, care to explain what in the hell ghost rider can do to DD?

Mindset
Have you read the thread?

Full of fail.

Classic Brucey.

Colossus-Big C
this isnt HP

Starscream M
Have you read the thread? yes. there is absolutely no evidence that penance stare would have any effect on DD.

Mindset
Originally posted by Starscream M
yes. there is absolutely no evidence that penance stare would have any effect on DD. Yea, because it's never been used on him since they are in two different companies.

There's no reason to assume it wouldn't work. Do you have one?

Starscream M
Yea, because it's never been used on him since they are in two different companies.

There's no reason to assume it wouldn't work. Do you have one? he doesn't really have a mind...

Black bolt z
Does he even have a soul?I don't think the non-sentient would.

Mindset
Originally posted by Starscream M
he doesn't really have a mind... Which doesn't matter.

rotiart
He was rescued from the End of Time and then subsequently defeated by complicated bfr wherein he'd be constantly teleported between three different teleport pads so he'd never fully reintegrate for even a second.

He was released for the Imperiex War where he ragestomped a bunch of Probes before getting one-shotted by Imperiex-Prime with a blast of entropy. As far as we know had it not been for outside intervention (Lex Luthor) DD wouldn't have regenerated from Imperiex's blast.

Only a skeleton remained, a skeleton which Lex Luthor regenerated using some of Superman's DNA, ergo the new DD was imperfect. For an example think of Jurrassic Park where the Dinosaurs looked like the real thing but weren't because the geneticists had used frog DNA to reconstitute them. Same applies here.

So no, the version of DD known as H/P DD has never been beaten with punches.

I understand this perfectly. Bonding with superman is a bad idea. Lois should have chosen doomsday as a mate.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by rotiart
I understand this perfectly. Bonding with superman is a bad idea. Lois should have chosen doomsday as a mate. Yeah.Lex should have used batman DNA.He would have been invincible.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by rotiart
I understand this perfectly. Bonding with superman is a bad idea. Lois should have chosen doomsday as a mate.
Well Superman's DNA makes for the perfect hero, not the perfect killing machine. There's a subtle difference. stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.