These guys Durability gets pushed to the limit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
who survives what?

Luke Cage
Rhino
Blob
Colossus
Superman
Hulk
Spiderman
thor

1. they stand on the high and cant brace, a fully loaded 18 wheeler truck hits them at 100mph with 500 pounds of TNT

2. they are left in space for 24 hours

3. they are to jump into a volcano and stay in the magma for 5 hours

4. a miniature nuke

5. Direct radiation from a nuclear bomb for 24 hours

6. survive a 60 caliber magical kryptonite bullet fired from tank penetrating snipers

7. floating toward the sun , can they survive the solar winds/ radiation

8. walk on the surface of the sun

9. walk in the core of VY Canus Majoris (a star that is 4,000,000 times brighter/hotter than our Sun)

Black bolt z
Spiderman dies all.

carver9
I would love to see some recent showings of all the high heralds being hit by a nuke. Thor was recently hit by a small nuke and was nearly dropped by it.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by carver9
I would love to see some recent showings of all the high heralds being hit by a nuke. Thor was recently hit by a small nuke and was nearly dropped by it. When was this?

carver9
Originally posted by Black bolt z
When was this?

During the void saga. I have never seen silver surfer hit by a nuke and the last time supes was hit by a nuke he dehydrated. I have never seen wonder woman or any other high herald hit by a nuclear blast that I can remember.

Black bolt z
During the void saga. I have never seen silver surfer hit by a nuke and the last time supes was hit by a nuke he dehydrated. I have never seen wonder woman or any other high herald hit by a nuclear blast that I can remember. That was a small nuke.And that was after he was pumbled by iron patirot and some of the others.

carver9
That was a small nuke.And that was after he was pumbled by iron patirot and some of the others.

Naah, you got it wrong... he was hit by the small nuke first and that basically took everything out of him THEN they pummeled him.

-Pr-
During the void saga. I have never seen silver surfer hit by a nuke and the last time supes was hit by a nuke he dehydrated. I have never seen wonder woman or any other high herald hit by a nuclear blast that I can remember.

superman's other (more recent) high feats invalidate any one off nuke shot.

Kirikaze Fuuma
Spiderman has no place here. What makes you think he could survive all of these?

SuperiorTech
Naah, you got it wrong... he was hit by the small nuke first and that basically took everything out of him THEN they pummeled him.

I dont remember Thor getting hit by any Nuke I remember Sentry ramming into him then Thor smacking him away.After that Norman, the U-Foes, Volcana, etc blasting him resulting in a huge explosion after which he was still on his feet and then they started attacking him.

darthgoober
Nukes are probably the most inconsistantly portrayed destructive force in comics. By hyperbole and comparable feats Nukes should mean virtually nothing to 95% of the Low Herald or higher category, but damn near anytime a character actually gets hit by one it's treated like a big deal. I can't say for sure that Surfer's ever been hit by an actual nuke, but I know he's got at least a couple of low showings against various missiles(course the ones I'm thinking of ARE from back during his depowered period, but still).

Colossus-Big C
IMO

Luke Cage
Rhino
Blob
Colossus
Superman
Hulk
Spiderman
thor

1. they stand on the high and cant brace, a fully loaded 18 wheeler truck hits them at 100mph with 500 pounds of TNT

every one survives

everyone survives save for rhino blob and spiderman

colossus, hulk, thor, superman only survive

4. a miniature nuke

colossus thor hulk superman and maybe rhino survive

colossus thor superman only survives.

6. survive a 60 caliber magical kryptonite bullet fired from tank penetrating snipers

everyone survives except superman

colossus, thor, and hulk only survive

colossus thor and hulk only

9. walk in the core of VY Canus Majoris (a star that is 4,000,000 times brighter/hotter than our Sun)

no one

carver9
Originally posted by darthgoober
Nukes are probably the most inconsistantly portrayed destructive force in comics. By hyperbole and comparable feats Nukes should mean virtually nothing to 95% of the Low Herald or higher category, but damn near anytime a character actually gets hit by one it's treated like a big deal. I can't say for sure that Surfer's ever been hit by an actual nuke, but I know he's got at least a couple of low showings against various missiles(course the ones I'm thinking of ARE from back during his depowered period, but still).

That's what I am saying... in writers eyes survivng a nuke is a high end feat. Comics isn't consistent like people thinking that they are that's why sometimes when presenting a high feat, it can easily be over ruled by a normal feat.

Example... surfer has absorbed a sun, flew in the heart of black holes, etc but during the beta ray bill saga surfer fleed due to some minor ships shooting blast at him. He was hiding behind his board and couldn't complete his task and this happened twice.

Thanos also had a small nuclear size blast shot at him and basically resort to dodging it instead of tanking it (I think this happened during his fight with maker).

Then we have prime being hit by a blast from monarch that was equilavent to a nuclear blast and he admitted on panel that it caused him pain. We also have to think about said characters performance recently, they are not as powerful as they use to be. That is why I said I want to see how the recent high heralds would perform against a nuke because their recent showings this year (besides surfer) has been TERRIBLE. I honestly think it would ko them.

carver9
Originally posted by -Pr-
superman's other (more recent) high feats invalidate any one off nuke shot.

I disagree... this year has been a terrible year for supes and I warned you early this year that they were talking about depowering him.

Entity
Spiderman dies all. No he could easily survive #6.

Thats the only one thou. embarrasment

SamZED
He could survive 1. With his weight doubt the truck is gonna blow up, neither would TNT. Getting ran over by a truck he could survive.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by SamZED
He could survive 1. With his weight doubt the truck is gonna blow up, neither would TNT. Getting ran over by a truck he could survive. No he wouldn't.I don't know where to find it but theres a scan of an 18 wheeler heading towards juggersnaut with spiderman saying "I don't know if he thinks he can survive that but I sure can't" or something like that.Spidey can't survive it.

Badabing
I disagree... this year has been a terrible year for supes and I warned you early this year that they were talking about depowering him. You don't give warnings around here. sneerOriginally posted by Colossus-Big C
IMO

Luke Cage
Rhino
Blob
Colossus
Superman
Hulk
Spiderman
thor

every one survives

4. a miniature nuke

no one #1 I'm not sure Spidey survives.

#2 Can Colossus go w/o oxygen?

#3 Agreed.

#4 Agreed.

#5 Hulk would survive the radiation...and could even get an amp.

#6 I'm not sure Spidey or Luke would survive.

#7 You do know Superman would not only survive, but get a decent power amp, right?

#8 You do know Superman would not only survive, but get a large power amp, right? What is Colossus' melting point and can he go w/o oxygen?

#9 Superman would be super charged and would develop additional powers. Not sure how Hulk and Thor would do.

Colossus-Big C
colossus melted point is stated to be 9000 f
how hot is the surface of the sun?

but on panel showings > bios he survived being in the core of a planet

he doesnt breath

Stoic
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
IMO

Luke Cage
Rhino
Blob
Colossus
Superman
Hulk
Spiderman
thor

every one survives

4. a miniature nuke

no one

Fallout makes the Hulk stronger.

Gecko4lif
#6 made me lol

that is the sign of a badly made thread

Digi
who survives what?

Superman

lol

colossus melted point is stated to be 9000 f
how hot is the surface of the sun?

A LOT hotter than 9000F. The coolest temperatures anywhere around the sun would be slightly hotter than 9000, and the hottest regions can reach about 27 million degrees Farenheit (give or take, depending on the source).

but on panel showings > bios he survived being in the core of a planet

he doesnt breath

There aren't enough characters allowed in a post to let you know how much > a star is in temperature to anywhere on or in a planet. Think about it, if a planet could be anywhere near as hot as the sun, we'd all be dead.

But you are right that he doesn't need oxygen....won't help him though.

-Pr-
I disagree... this year has been a terrible year for supes and I warned you early this year that they were talking about depowering him.

it was only terrible under one writer. and that year is over for the most part, seeing as robinson isn't on the books anymore.

i'm still waiting to see this editorial mandate to weaken him come in to effect.

he still has the feats.

SamZED
No he wouldn't.I don't know where to find it but theres a scan of an 18 wheeler heading towards juggersnaut with spiderman saying "I don't know if he thinks he can survive that but I sure can't" or something like that.Spidey can't survive it. Bah.. even Joker survived being hit with a truck, got knocked off a brodge while laughing, and walked away oin his feet.stick out tongue

Seriously though, a punch from Juggernaut or Hulk logically should be >>>>>>> getting hit by a truck.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Digi
A LOT hotter than 9000F. The coolest temperatures anywhere around the sun would be slightly hotter than 9000, and the hottest regions can reach about 27 million degrees Farenheit (give or take, depending on the source).

planet could be anywhere near as hot as the sun, we'd all be dead.
who uses farenheit for scientific calculations anyway?

but yeah, the sun is like 12,000 F, lightning is like 35-36,000 F

horrorwolf
1. Fully loaded 18 wheeler truck hits them at 100mph with 500 pounds of TNT:

every1 except Spider-man survives. He has spider-sense for a reason.

2. Left in space for 24 hours:

Spider-man, Rhino Blob dies.

3. Jumping into a volcano and stay in the magma for 5 hours:

Supes, Hulk, Colossus, Thor laugh it off. the rest die in agony.

4. a mini-nuke:

Thor, Colossus, Hulk, Superman only. The rest are skeletons.

Hulk gets amped, Superman, Colossus, Thor.

6. survive a 60 caliber magical kryptonite bullet fired from tank penetrating snipers:

Everyone bites it except Thor, Hulk, Colossus and potentially the Blob.

7. Floating toward the sun , can they survive the solar winds/ radiation:

Colossus, Thor, Hulk(potential amp) and Superman easily.

8. Surface of the sun walk:

Superman , Hulk, Colossus and Thor.

9. walk in the core of VY Canus Majoris (a star that is 4,000,000 times brighter/hotter than our Sun):
Unknown....though I would imagine Superman gets an amp.

Parmaniac

9. walk in the core of VY Canus Majoris (a star that is 4,000,000 times brighter/hotter than our Sun) Spider-man in a webbing cocoon, yeah his webbing is fire resistant, I has prooves.

horrorwolf
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Spider-man in a webbing cocoon, yeah his webbing is fire resistant, I has prooves.

I think the idea of this Durability thread is if the person actually recieves the whole amount of direct damage from the type of assault....

This isn't really about their ability to avoid or defend against it.

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Badabing
#9 Superman would be super charged and would develop additional powers. Not sure how Hulk and Thor would do.

Except for the fact that VY Canis Majoris is a RED star? stick out tongue

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VY_Canis_Majoris

Colossus-Big C
our sun compared to earth

http://www.wingmakers.co.nz/images/Sun_Earth-browse.jpe

VY Canis Majoris compared to our sun

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b8/Vy-canis-majoris.jpg

i dont think supes suirvive

D_Dude1210
Well, the FACT that it is a RED star, means that Supes fries.

D_Dude1210
Also, FYI, red stars are actually COOLER than yellow stars. The effective temp of VY Canis Majoris is 3000 K while our sun is about 6000 K.

It isn't the densest or has the strongest gravity as well. That would have to go to neutron stars or black holes. Supes has survived black holes so VY CMa shouldn't be too much of a problem for him.

Sadly, the fact that it is a RED star kills Supes.

Warlord
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Also, FYI, red stars are actually COOLER than yellow stars. The effective temp of VY Canis Majoris is 3000 K while our sun is about 6000 K.

It isn't the densest or has the strongest gravity as well. That would have to go to neutron stars or black holes. Supes has survived black holes so VY CMa shouldn't be too much of a problem for him.

Luckily, the fact that it is a RED star kills Supes.

fixed

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Warlord
fixed U good

D_Dude1210
U good

Omega Vision
Superman will die if he stays for a prolonged period in a red sun but Infinite Crisis shows he's very much capable of flying through the core of a red sun without so much as a sunburn to show for it.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Superman will die if he stays for a prolonged period in a red sun but Infinite Crisis shows he's very much capable of flying through the core of a red sun without so much as a sunburn to show for it. it would take quite some time to fly through a sun the size of our solar system

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Superman will die if he stays for a prolonged period in a red sun but Infinite Crisis shows he's very much capable of flying through the core of a red sun without so much as a sunburn to show for it.

Got scans of this?

And how long did he stay there or did he just fly thru?

Cuz stips say "walk in the core" (w/c implies some time spent there) not simply fly thru.

-Pr-
Got scans of this?

And how long did he stay there or did he just fly thru?

Cuz stips say "walk in the core" (w/c implies some time spent there) not simply fly thru.

it was in the final issue of infinite crisis. the three superman flew through rao and came out the other side somewhat weakened.

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by -Pr-
it was in the final issue of infinite crisis. the three superman flew through rao and came out the other side somewhat weakened.

So does this mean that they flew thru it quickly? Orrrr did they stay there for some duration?

Cuz, like I said, walking in the core seems to imply spending some time in the area with the highest temp and gravitational forces of a red sun.

-Pr-
So does this mean that they flew thru it quickly? Orrrr did they stay there for some duration?

Cuz, like I said, walking in the core seems to imply spending some time in the area with the highest temp and gravitational forces of a red sun.

they flew through it at something approaching lightspeed.

i think OV was just trying to point out that Red Sun has been portrayed as having a gradual effect on Superman, so it really depends on how much time we're talking about.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.