Marvel or DC final event

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Endless Mike
Okay, assume hypothetically that Marvel or DC was going to go out of business personally, no one wanted to buy the rights to their characters or properties, so they decided to have one huge event to conclude their continuity, with everything coming to a finale and loose ends being tied up, etc.

In other words, this would be the last story of the Marvel or DC characters, that would end everything.

So how do you imagine it would be?

You can write what you think it would be like for Marvel, DC, or both

Black bolt z
Marvel Finally kills thanos?

And hes killed by Captain America?

Omega Vision
The problem is that DC and Marvel are both fictional Universes based around an open ended Meta story. There's no way you could properly "tie off" either of them in one story without making it a crapfest, even more of a crapfest than most of their current events.

Bouboumaster
Cosmic war between Death/Oblivion and Eternity/Infinity, that goes out of control of the Living Tribunal. Thanos is behind this shit, and Death/Oblivion want everybody dead.

The last issue would be this: Death and Oblivion finally killed everyone, but Galactus. They fought him, beat him, and tought that he was dead, but the mofo's still rising. Still, his energie's reserves are almost depleted. He uses what's life, to gives him enough energy to use his tech, to absorb Oblivion, and use this energy to outpower/absorb Death. Galactus is floating in the nothingness, alone. The Pheonix Force come to him, they both talk, and then Galactus makes the ultimate sacrefice: Pheonix Force ignite him, he explose, and a new universe is born.

Galactus, in that way, fullfill his prophecy.

-Pr-
DC goes boom. A new big bang. A rocket is sent from a dying planet. Repeat.

The cosmic reprint.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Cosmic war between Death/Oblivion and Eternity/Infinity, that goes out of control of the Living Tribunal. Thanos is behind this shit, and Death/Oblivion want everybody dead.

The last issue would be this: Death and Oblivion finally killed everyone, but Galactus. They fought him, beat him, and tought that he was dead, but the mofo's still rising. Still, his energie's reserves are almost depleted. He uses what's life, to gives him enough energy to use his tech, to absorb Oblivion, and use this energy to outpower/absorb Death. Galactus is floating in the nothingness, alone. The Pheonix Force come to him, they both talk, and then Galactus makes the ultimate sacrefice: Pheonix Force ignite him, he explose, and a new universe is born.

Galactus, in that way, fullfill his prophecy. this sounds hoodOriginally posted by -Pr-
DC goes boom. A new big bang. A rocket is sent from a dying planet. Repeat.

The cosmic reprint. laughing out loud

Digi
Wolverine looks mournfully at the reader, breaking the fourth wall and shedding a small tear of sadness.

"I love you," he whispers as the multiverse goes dark.

Martian_mind
Originally posted by Digi
Wolverine looks mournfully at the reader, breaking the fourth wall and shedding a small tear of sadness.

I shed a tear at how beautiful that could be done right.

Scythe
Deadpool cancels his subscriptions to both Marvel and DC.

/Thread?

basilisk
Superman wakes up one morning to find Lois gone. With super-vision he looks across the city, then the entire planet, and finds nobody else is left on earth. He flies into the sky but sees everything fading away. He hears a voice saying "Yes Superman, it was all a dream. Marvel and DC, these universes would never have existed if not for you. But you yourself are just a dream, a figment of the imagination. And all dreams must end one day. Your time has come."

Superman screams as the Marvel and DC universes fade into darkness and oblivion.

Then the reader throws the comic into the bin and says "well that sucked. I'm going to go play X-Box."

SamZED
Originally posted by Scythe

/Thread? yes

Black bolt z

"I love you," he whispers as the multiverse goes dark. mmm

laughing out loudOriginally posted by Scythe

/Thread? Originally posted by basilisk
Superman wakes up one morning to find Lois gone. With super-vision he looks across the city, then the entire planet, and finds nobody else is left on earth. He flies into the sky but sees everything fading away. He hears a voice saying "Yes Superman, it was all a dream. Marvel and DC, these universes would never have existed if not for you. But you yourself are just a dream, a figment of the imagination. And all dreams must end one day. Your time has come."

Superman screams as the Marvel and DC universes fade into darkness and oblivion.

Then the reader throws the comic into the bin and says "well that sucked. I'm going to go play X-Box." laughing

King Kandy
Mandrake the Magician kills Superman, claiming he's the real OG of superhero comics.

Colossus-Big C
Mxy jumps out of the comic book and kills the writers

Omega Vision
Originally posted by King Kandy
Mandrake the Magician kills Superman, claiming he's the real OG of superhero comics.
Wasn't he a newspaper strip though? I don't really count that as a comic book.

Bouboumaster
Spider-Man lost his cat and do a deal with Mephisto because he wants him back. Mephisto agreed to giving back, but Spider-Man most gives something: His past memorires, since the 1960s. Spider-Man really likes his cat, and sign.

Directed by Joe Quesada.

Mindship
The Brothers (from the mid-90s crossover) find themselves spontaneously re-retconned and clash again, directly, this time seemingly obliterating both the DC and Marvel universes.

Once the blinding light disappears, we find Jerry Siegel and Joe Schuster awakening in 1932 from an alcohol-driven dream-stupor. They look at each other, go "Naahh," and return to working on "Reign of the Supermen," chuckling at the fading wisps of what they think they dreamed.

Siegel stops for a moment. "Hey, how about a schizo hero, y'know, someone with a dark, evil side...

Schuster: Just stop, Jerry. Just stop. "I tell ya: Reign of the Supermen" is gonna rake in big bucks..."

"Submitted for your approval: two talented young men, caught in the free fall of the Great Depression, lose themselves in their imaginations, never realizing they themselves are reprints ... in The Twilight Zone."

Bentley
I think the most "reach to the reader" way to end them would be to have the characters realize they are fictional, or at the very least, they are always watched by someone who thinks of them like heros and the comic is just a heart to heart from the characters to the reader. Could be well done if writen right, and while ABSOLUTELY cheesy, I think it conveys the propose of super hero comics in the metatextual way that Morrison would do if he was told to finish comics shifty

willRules
All the heroes vs all the villains in one massive free for all that literally tears your comic in half. For DC it would have to come down to Superman vs Lex Luthor or rather Clark vs Lex. It's always been down to that. For Marvel it's got to be the Father of the MU, Reed Richards vs it's ultimate villain: Dr Doom. It should be completely resolute and stress once and for all that dead is dead.

twizzlers713
Originally posted by Black bolt z

And hes killed by Captain America?
cool

Omega Vision
Originally posted by willRules
All the heroes vs all the villains in one massive free for all that literally tears your comic in half. For DC it would have to come down to Superman vs Lex Luthor or rather Clark vs Lex. It's always been down to that. For Marvel it's got to be the Father of the MU, Reed Richards vs it's ultimate villain: Dr Doom. It should be completely resolute and stress once and for all that dead is dead.
Marvel should end like it began: with Namor.

kgkg
Originally posted by Black bolt z

And hes killed by Captain America? The problem is Thanos has been killed a few times already and always comes back... You don't want leave your readers hanging like that.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Marvel should end like it began: with Namor.
Are you sure Namor came out first? I though it was Fantastic four first (though I could be mistaking it with the first super team)

kgkg
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
Are you sure Namor came out first? I though it was Fantastic four first (though I could be mistaking it with the first super team) Yes you are mistaking it with the first Marvel Super team.

Black bolt z
A comic where you can insert yourself into the comic as a random civilian and die.Cuz if comics are going down they are taking down people with them smokin'

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
Are you sure Namor came out first? I though it was Fantastic four first (though I could be mistaking it with the first super team)
Namor predates the FF by 20 years.

Colossus-Big C
nothing with superman involved

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Okay, assume hypothetically that Marvel or DC was going to go out of business personally, no one wanted to buy the rights to their characters or properties, so they decided to have one huge event to conclude their continuity, with everything coming to a finale and loose ends being tied up, etc.

In other words, this would be the last story of the Marvel or DC characters, that would end everything.

So how do you imagine it would be?

You can write what you think it would be like for Marvel, DC, or both

JLA/Avengers. It doesn't have to be anything huge involving all the top cosmics. That might just be too much and turn out a crap fest. JLA/Avengers is a balanced book and a great read.

Black bolt z
bump.

This thread is funs.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Bouboumaster

Galactus, in that way, fullfill his prophecy.

the sequel:

The spirit of late Galan/Galactus float in this universe of nothingness, and concepts of Death and Eternity are being created. The Living Tribunal summon the spirit of Galan/Galactus, and explains him that he failed miserably to judge both Oblivion and Death, since they did what they are meant to day, but in that way, the universe became unjust. He said to Galan/Galactus that what the universe need isn't a judge, but a great balancer/equaliser that would be able to regularate Life and Death, to balance them. The Living Tribunal, then, sacrifice himself to give this universe a better future, and his ultimate powers are given to the spirit of Galactus, who then become Galan, the Equalizer.

Death is created based on the spirit of his most faitful herald, Stardust. Eternity is based on the spirit of the herald he always favored and his most brave, and intelligent, and the most determined to protect the life of other creature, the Silver Surfer. No more needed is a being as totured as Galactus, because the great Equalizer now regulate both primal force.

Or something like that.

CosmicComet

Wow.

Solidus Black
I would end it similar to Wanted. One hero will have to make the choice on whether to let the multiverse die or let it be reborn without ever having the superhuman taint. The hero/villain makes the ultimate sacrifice and on the final page there is a reflective surface on the page so the reader can see him/herself.

For Marvel i would have the person to do this as Thanos. The kicker would be he is no longer infatuated with Death, but her sister Life and just when he realizes he was wrong all the time to love death, it is his job to end it all.

For DC i would have it as a dying Superman (or Trinity) in a conversation with Animal Man who always knew what would happen.

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Solidus Black
I would end it similar to Wanted. One hero will have to make the choice on whether to let the multiverse die or let it be reborn without ever having the superhuman taint. The hero/villain makes the ultimate sacrifice and on the final page there is a reflective surface on the page so the reader can see him/herself.

For Marvel i would have the person to do this as Thanos. The kicker would be he is no longer infatuated with Death, but her sister Life and just when he realizes he was wrong all the time to love death, it is his job to end it all.

For DC i would have it as a dying Superman (or Trinity) in a conversation with Animal Man who always knew what would happen. Would Mr. Immortal not be better suited then thanos at it is his "job"?

Solidus Black
Interesting. I wouldnt use Mr. M in his current form though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.