Omega Red Vs Ares

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
ares has admantine axe

Dum Dum Dugan
Omega Red Stomps.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
Omega Red Stomps.
Do you think the Death Spores would effect him?

Kasper Gutman
I don't think they do, Ares wins.

Stoic
Ares

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Do you think the Death Spores would effect him?
Ther really no reason to assume they won't. They effect guys wiht vastly superior healing factors then him.

as for everyone else's, I love how your picking Ares, because ehe a god....but titles mean nothing.

Omega red as strong, faster, vastly great damage soak and reach advantage, Has spores that would weak Ares and Death factor which would drain Are sin seconds.

Stoic
Ares is an immortal, the spores may have no effect on his system.

horrorwolf
Ares should stomp Omega here.

Colossus-Big C
Ther really no reason to assume they won't. They effect guys wiht

as for everyone else's, I love how your picking Ares, because ehe a god....but titles mean nothing.

actually gods are immune to all earthly disease virus and things of that sort thats why people dont know if it will work

Stoic
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
actually gods are immune to all earthly disease virus and things of that sort thats why people dont know if it will work

Then why did you put Red up against a guy that could give Hercules fitz? Ares would trash him.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Stoic
Then why did you put Red up against a guy that could give Hercules fitz? Ares would trash him. because he gave colossus and wolverine trouble

The Nuul
Ares should stomp.

srankmissingnin

Omega Red would trash Ares, even if his death spores don't work - which they well, Olympians aren't even immune to the effects of alcohol - if Arkady makes contact with his tentacles his life siphon will put Ares down in seconds just like it did Colossus.

Lord_Talron
Originally posted by srankmissingnin

Omega Red would trash Ares, even if his death spores don't work - which they well, Olympians aren't even immune to the effects of alcohol - if Arkady makes contact with his tentacles his life siphon will put Ares down in seconds just like it did Colossus. bringing up alcohol is a poor argument because gods were able to get drunk in the greek days before it was realized that alcohol was a poison. grandfathered in, etc etc..

OneDumbG0
^ Agreed. Wolverine gets drunk and Cap can't. Doesn't make Wolverine's HF worse than Cap's. There's really little to no correlation between immunity/HF/alcohol effect. Ares resisted Rogue's touch. I see some possibility that the spores would work, but not really enough.

Absent that: Originally posted by The Nuul
Ares should stomp.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ Agreed. Wolverine gets drunk and Cap can't. Doesn't make Wolverine's HF worse than Cap's. There's really little to no correlation between immunity/HF/alcohol effect. Ares resisted Rogue's touch. I see some possibility that the spores would work, but not really enough.

Absent that:

If Cap tried as hard as Wolverine to get loaded he'd get drunk too, and in fact has. Wolverine has to drink an oil tanker of liquor to get a buzz, which is the reason why once a year he goes drinking with a mutant who negates mutant powers so he can actually get sauced.

Daken's pheromones worked just fine on Ares, Red's death pheromones will too. Even if they don't that just means Ares doesn't drop passively without putting up a fight, Omega Red can still siphon his life force on physical contact, and that will end the fight pretty much instantly.

Rogues ability to take the abilities of non-mutants varies depending on the writer.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Lord_Talron
bringing up alcohol is a poor argument because gods were able to get drunk in the greek days before it was realized that alcohol was a poison. grandfathered in, etc etc..

Greek gods weren't immune to poisons in "greek days," and it was common knowledge that alcohol was a poison with the pantheons first appeared in Marvel canon.

Lord_Talron
Greek gods weren't immune to poisons in "greek days," and it was common knowledge that alcohol was a poison with the pantheons first appeared in Marvel canon. my point still stands. the greek gods got drunk in ye olden days. in fact it was kinda m.o. for some of them. to leave that out when they were introduced into marvel would be terribly stupid. so once again; your alcohol argument is moot.

King Castle
i like Ares and i think he can win but his stupidity works against him too much.
OR ftw 7/10

Dum Dum Dugan
Love how people are assuming the pheramones won't work simply because Ares is a god.........but the fact is it been proven that Pheramones do work on Ares.

Then seems the people saying "Ares stomps" seems to also be ignoring the fact that Omega Red also as the ability to drain ones life force, has range on Ares, faster, greater damage soak as well. So please enlighten me how Ares stomps here. Only way it any stomp here if you ignore all the evidences and simply base your opinion on the fact Ares is a god.....which seems to be the cases here with most Ares "supporters"

Colossus-Big C
faster and greater damage soak?
elaborate

heres ares riding a nuclear bomb to its impact
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/7666/1072863-ares_03002.jpg

it dont have the second part but it explodes then he gets up and starts fighting

Dum Dum Dugan
faster and greater damage soak?
elaborate
He has easily deflected bullets before, run down speeding sports cars ect.

He has a healing factor near if not on par with Wolverines and only increases with the energy he drains from Ares via pheramones and life drain. That a level well beyond Ares damage soak.

Colossus-Big C
He has easily deflected bullets before, run down speeding sports cars ect.

He has a healing factor near if not on par with Wolverines and only increases with the energy he drains from Ares via pheramones and life drain. That a level well beyond Ares damage soak. look at the scan i posted

Dum Dum Dugan
Proof it a Nuke. Also how does showing Ares riding a rocket prove anything?

I can also show you scans of Ares being dropped by machine gun firer......

Colossus-Big C
Proof it a Nuke. Also how does showing Ares riding a rocket prove anything?

I can also show you scans of Ares being dropped by machine gun firer......

he rides it to its explosion

as for the machine gun fire imo if you can take blows from the likes he has you should be bullet proof or else hits from hulk thor hercules etc would take off large chuncks of his body and definitely kill him

Dum Dum Dugan
he rides it to its explosion

as for the machine gun fire imo if you can take blows from the likes he has you should be bullet proof
how does that prove it a nuke?

Big differences between blunt force durability and piercing.

also big differences between damage soak and durability.

Parmaniac
how does that prove it a nuke? Appereantly, you can't ride on bombs unless it's a nuke

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Appereantly, you can't ride on bombs unless it's a nuke this

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Appereantly, you can't ride on bombs unless it's a nuke
right lol

CosmicComet

Big differences between blunt force durability and piercing.

Not really. It's all simply PSI output in the end.

If you can tank a nuke you have absolutely nothing to worry about from gun fire (logically that is). If Ares can be fine after taking blows from class 100 guys he also has absolutley nothing to worry about from gun fire.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Not really. It's all simply PSI output in the end.

If you can tank a nuke you have absolutely nothing to worry about from gun fire (logically that is).
in are world, but comics does not opperate using real world logic.

real world logic does not apply to comics

Dum Dum Dugan
this
so you have zero evidences it a nuke and simply stated it was to make it sund far more impressive then it is?

CosmicComet
For the most part, they do. Otherwise, the point of feats becomes meaningless.

There is a reason the word PIS exists. It includes blatant contradictions in ability that make no logical sense.

Dum Dum Dugan
For the most part, they do. Otherwise, the point of feats becomes meaningless.
it some area's but not in others.

piercing durability does not equate to blunt force. This is a comic book fact.

King Castle
i can name a dozen Sun walkers nuke survivor that could be killed and hurt by Gunfire, knives/swords..

in comics one form of durability does not translate to another.

CosmicComet
No. This is not 'comic book fact'.

It is simply misconception that comes from somee writers who are ignorant, whereas others do.

A bullet that cannot even pierce a solid block of granite is not going to do shit to a man who can take a punch from Hercules, a punch that would level a city street.

Again, there's a thing called PIS. If Ares has ever been hurt by NORMAL human made caliber guns, then it is PIS considering his entire history.

Dum Dum Dugan
It happens consistently, it not PIS. It simplky cpmic book fact.

You need to understand the differences. Real world Logic does not = comic logic.

CosmicComet
Originally posted by King Castle
i can name a dozen Sun walkers nuke survivor that could be killed and hurt by Gunfire, knives/swords..

in comics one form of durability does not translate to another.

You can and you'd also be able to name a dozen writers that are stupid enough to write that happening.

Or, its simply PIS again. Unless it happens in the same book with no explanation--then its just stupid, as already said.

It's either PIS that they can tank a nuke or PIS that gunfire can hurt them.

Dum Dum Dugan

Again, there's a thing called PIS. If Ares has ever been hurt by NORMAL human made caliber guns, then it is PIS considering his entire history.
No really, in fact he consistently got hurt from all forms of piercing attacks bullets, blades ect. It only be recently that he been potraying more resistences to piercing assaults.

Not that it matter at all in this fight.

Dum Dum Dugan

It's either PIS that they can tank a nuke or PIS that gunfire can hurt them.
he did not tank a nuke.

Lord_Talron
Real world Logic does not = comic logic. lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala i cant hear youuuuuuuuuu

King Castle
look at ms. Marvel her powerset allows her to absorb and tank Nuke lvl power blast but she can still be injured by certain type of attacks whether its blunt trauma or piercing.

you know that in some bios or databases it is made quiet clear the type of power output a character can take from

Blunt
Piercing
Energy

for a very clear reason.. which is not all attacks and damage are the same

CosmicComet
It happens consistently,

Not really. You can't honestly tell me you've seen this printed in some sort of handbook somewhere or that its some journalistic mandate that is has to happen. Seeing as it is constantly contradicted and that no two comic verses ever operate the same, it is quite stupid to be able to summarily state this is as 'comic book fact'.

See above. Truly understand one of the reasons the coining 'PIS' exists. It applies to all situations of contradictory character showings. It does not magically leave off 'except when dealing with bullets' or anything like that.

You need to not be so forgiving of dumb assery in our writers.

CosmicComet
he did not tank a nuke.

You think this is what I'm even arguing about?

Don't be slow.

OneDumbG0
If Cap tried as hard as Wolverine to get loaded he'd get drunk too, and in fact has. Wolverine has to drink an oil tanker of liquor to get a buzz, which is the reason why once a year he goes drinking with a mutant who negates mutant powers so he can actually get sauced.

Daken's pheromones worked just fine on Ares, Red's death pheromones will too. Even if they don't that just means Ares doesn't drop passively without putting up a fight, Omega Red can still siphon his life force on physical contact, and that will end the fight pretty much instantly.

Rogues ability to take the abilities of non-mutants varies depending on the writer. Cap can't get drunk. Wolverine's been drunk many times. I am aware of that one issue that negates his healing factor, but we both know that issue was full of dumb-sauce. Wolverine should have been dead/suffering from his adamantium bonding if that was really the case. And Wolverine even had his jaw dislocated in that IIRC.

Daken's pheremones =/= Omega Red's pheremones. It's difficult and really, inappropriate, to use a sliding scale of potency when we deal with gods. Example: Rogue's tried to absorb on different occassions: Thor's, Loki's and Ares' powers. Rogue absorbed Thor's powers just fine. Rogue completely short-circuited with Loki's and Ares' powers. That doesn't mean Loki/Ares > Thor. Or that what worked on Loki/Ares... would work on Thor. It just means that sliding scales of potency and comparisons don't really control here, apparently because of their godly nature. Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
Love how people are assuming the pheramones won't work simply because Ares is a god.........but the fact is it been proven that Pheramones do work on Ares.

Then seems the people saying "Ares stomps" seems to also be ignoring the fact that Omega Red also as the ability to drain ones life force, has range on Ares, faster, greater damage soak as well. So please enlighten me how Ares stomps here. Only way it any stomp here if you ignore all the evidences and simply base your opinion on the fact Ares is a god.....which seems to be the cases here with most Ares "supporters" Barring pheremones making Ares all diseased and sickly, or his life-force being easily sucked away, neither of which I see happening, Ares' physicality handles Omega Red.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.