Power Girl Vs Maxima

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51843/1158675-pgl_cv13_large.jpg

vs

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/33492/1129762-warrior_queen_large.jpg

Warlord
maxima

Konton
I don't really see PG taking any wins here.

Nothing she can do against telepathy or this level of TK.

Lord_Talron
Originally posted by Konton
I don't really see PG taking any wins here.

Nothing she can do against telepathy or this level of TK. fly really really really fast?

marwash22
how fast can Maxima put up that Tk-shield? I'm pretty sure it's not always active, so i don't see a reason why the infamous "Speedblitz, ftw" argument wouldn't be applicable here.

Boobies, ftw.

Konton
Maxima isn't getting blitzed. She can compete with Superman himself =\

Oak Parker
Maxima is Superman level. PG is not.

Stoic
Maxima

tideoftime
Originally posted by Oak Parker
Maxima is Superman level. PG is not.

But it's not like Karen is much below Superman; he gets the "I'm Superman" trump card for a number of battles, but for most all purposes PG is a powerful kryptonian female, much as SM is a powerful kryptonian male -- he just happens to have the *narrative* advantage for many situations, where she does not.

However...

I think Maxima takes a majority in this, because while PG can potentially handle that level of TK (despite some people's opinions to the contrary), she doesn't quite have SM's mental fortitude, so TP attacks can definitely play a part. However, it isn't a stomp, as PG is faster than Maxima, just as SM, WW, and several others are; Maxima, however, much like, say, Thor, has built-in narratives that allow her to "keep a relative combat pace" with the uber-fast, and can take a beating beyond her forcefields.

Maxima: 6-7/10, with PG's wins coming from blitzing and asserting unexpected willpower against TP attacks, and getting the surprise drop punch(es).

Oak Parker
Originally posted by tideoftime
But it's not like Karen is much below Superman; he gets the "I'm Superman" trump card for a number of battles, but for most all purposes PG is a powerful kryptonian female, much as SM is a powerful kryptonian male -- he just happens to have the *narrative* advantage for many situations, where she does not.

However...

I think Maxima takes a majority in this, because while PG can potentially handle that level of TK (despite some people's opinions to the contrary), she doesn't quite have SM's mental fortitude, so TP attacks can definitely play a part. However, it isn't a stomp, as PG is faster than Maxima, just as SM, WW, and several others are; Maxima, however, much like, say, Thor, has built-in narratives that allow her to "keep a relative combat pace" with the uber-fast, and can take a beating beyond her forcefields.

Maxima: 6-7/10, with PG's wins coming from blitzing and asserting unexpected willpower against TP attacks, and getting the surprise drop punch(es). Unless Maxima turns PG's clothes into Kryptonite. Then it's a stomp.

tideoftime
Originally posted by Oak Parker
Unless Maxima turns PG's clothes into Kryptonite. Then it's a stomp.

Of course, if Maxima does that, then PG's clothing would fall off, and PG would nuke Maxima... but in her weakened condition, her heatvision would only burn off Maxima's clothing... and then...

I'll walk away now...

Konton
How can Kara get even that many wins when she has never displayed telepathic resistance?

ExodusCloak
Umm what? How is a flying brick, speedster with telepathy and TK not taking this? PG doesn't have the feats of her counterpart or Superman.

Kara will find it difficult to pull off a single win.

-Pr-
This thread makes me tempted to make a PG respect thread. mmm

OneDumbG0
^ Power Girl = underrated to the point of it being a crime.

-Pr-
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ Power Girl = underrated to the point of it being a crime.

Agreed. Maxima is formidable, but Karen can hold her own against most imo.

And i'm serious about the respect thread lol...

Konton
Well, Karen is good and I give her respect where due, but she can't beat a telepathic telekinetic capable of throwing fists with Doomsday and mind frying New God's like Orion. Maxima is underhyped around here way worse than Karen.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Konton
Well, Karen is good and I give her respect where due, but she can't beat a telepathic telekinetic capable of throwing fists with Doomsday and mind frying New God's like Orion. Maxima is underhyped around here way worse than Karen.

that was DOS Doomsday, though.

Give Maxima her due and all, but I personally don't consider her to be Superman level.

iceman24567
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/iceman2456/speed5.jpg eek!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.