Europe: Bankrun on 7th December

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bicnarok

inimalist
wow, Orwell we need you now more than ever

King Kandy
Well, in theory if enough people try to withdraw cash at once from banks, they'll go bust like in the great depression. Whether or not this would actually be of benefit to anyone, I have my doubts.

Bicnarok

Liberator
Originally posted by inimalist
wow, Orwell we need you now more than ever

Why's that?

inimalist
Originally posted by Liberator
Why's that?
Originally posted by George Orwell
So much of left-wing thought is a kind of playing with fire by people who don't even know that fire is hot.

EDIT: basically, all forms of political involvement, be it mainstream parties, activism and even radicalism, have descended into a form of nonsensical rhetoric, far more concerned with symbolic victories, and no appreciation for how devestating these ideas are going to be for society at large. Rational voices are not only shouted over, they are pushed out of the conversation all together. This was Orwell's shtick.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Bicnarok
if it causes any mayhem at all

If? The plan is to drain as much money from European banks as possible in one day. The plan also hinges on bankers being the secret masters of the world.

In what possible way could this not cause mayhem? (excluding "there aren't enough people in Europe are stupid enough to do this for it to matter"wink

Liberator
Mmm I see your point now.

And going with the comment above, I can't imagine this having a very big following - it's the right idea just going about it the wrong way.

EDIT:

The problem is this is going to harm not only the banksters but the people as well.

At least their is some spirit alive.

Bicnarok

RE: Blaxican
Haha, take that Europe. You smarmy non-American bastards!

Bicnarok
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Haha, take that Europe. You smarmy non-American bastards!

Take what? you offspring of European drop outs and African slaves: eek!

Parmaniac
So they plan a europe wide flashmob on banks?

If I'm going to loose my money some heads will role and with some I mean a lot.

Bicnarok
take it out the bank quick thensmile

Jovan
Originally posted by Bicnarok
Take what? you offspring of European drop outs and African slaves: eek!
that's pretty racist of you ... leaving out the asians stick out tongue

inimalist
Mmm I see your point now.

And going with the comment above, I can't imagine this having a very big following - it's the right idea just going about it the wrong way.

but it isn't even the right idea. as sym mentioned above, the whole crux of this is the idea that banks are somehow responsible for all the problems in the world, rather than some complex interplay between government, the private sector, and natural shifts in the global economy. Certainly there are bank that have devestating policies in the first and third worlds, but they aren't these back room plotters like this would make them seem.

This only makes sense if one think taking money from banks is going to change the world for the better, which seems like lunacy to me

EDIT:

The problem is this is going to harm not only the banksters but the people as well.

At least their is some spirit alive.

this is why I used the Orwell quote though. There is no reason to commend these people for having spirit, because they are either retarded, or ignorant. Yes, woo hoo them, they have a cause, but that would be like saying, well, at least those brown shirts believed in something.

Liberator
What I meant was, at least people are starting to understand the fundamental problems of modern society and are trying to do something about it.

You are right though, I shouldn't be commending them for channeling their frustrations out in the wrong fashion. But, perhaps it is a sign of things to come? I hope that nothing Orwellian occurs due to this :P

Parmaniac
Just out of curiosity, what is meant by "social bank"?

Bicnarok
Originally posted by Jovan
that's pretty racist of you ... leaving out the asians stick out tongue

Just attempting to be a brianless, stereotyping dingbatsmile

I left a few out methinks.smile

Originally posted by Parmaniac
Just out of curiosity, what is meant by "social bank"?

I think it refers to a local bank which operates in the small community where you live. Could be wrong though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.