Apocalypse and Magneto vs Wonder Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Who wins?

Q99
What, two on one? Team.

tideoftime
Interesting...

Given their *specific* powersets, team can definitely get solid wins on her. WW's best bet is using her speed and strength coupled with lasso take-downs, and possible use of bracers/tiara in heavy offense mode. Team's best bets are Magneto shielding up quick and going on heavy offense/distraction, while Apocalypse maneuvers for an offensive takedown.

I'll really have to think about the spread, but given Team's abilities, I favor them for conventional confrontations, with WW getting wins if she hits with the speed-blitzing and goes for the heavy take-down.

Q99
Originally posted by tideoftime
Interesting...

Given their *specific* powersets, team can definitely get solid wins on her. WW's best bet is using her speed and strength coupled with lasso take-downs, and possible use of bracers/tiara in heavy offense mode. Team's best bets are Magneto shielding up quick and going on heavy offense/distraction, while Apocalypse maneuvers for an offensive takedown.

I'm thinking if Magneto holds onto her bracers with magnetism, he can pull on them too hard for her to use them on defense and slowing her speed, while Apoc just unloads everything he can to blast her.

The Pict
Team most of the time. Diana can take it due to her speed, but I imagine Apoc can get a handle of her if she doesn't one shot him.

Starscream M
remember, WW can remove her bracelets

byrdgang21
Team wins. If its a Non Jobbing Apoc and a current depowered WW, than straight up stomps Diana

Q99
Originally posted by Starscream M
remember, WW can remove her bracelets

Yea, but she needs them to block Apoc's energy attacks without getting hurt. Remove them and she's more vulnerable to blasting.

Oak Parker
Two Mid Heralds against One High Herald? They are going to win most often than not. Team.

Sr J-Bieb
Two burly men vs a small woman?

This can only end one way.

DP

psycho gundam
magneto basically handcuffs her using magnetism, then apocalypse turns his arms into rocket propelled drills and kills her

Oak Parker
Originally posted by psycho gundam
magneto basically handcuffs her using magnetism, then apocalypse turns his arms into rocket propelled drills and kills her Magneto's upper limit of metal manip is around 60,000 tons. Wonder Woman's upper limit of Strength is in the BILLIONS of Tons range. He wouldn't be able to over power her bracers. But I do agree, the Duo win more often than not.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Oak Parker
Magneto's upper limit of metal manip is around 60,000 tons. Wonder Woman's upper limit of Strength is in the BILLIONS of Tons range. He wouldn't be able to over power her bracers. But I do agree, the Duo win more often than not. who says magneto has that exact limit? dude can harness the earth's magnetic field on top of his already present power, so how could they figure out his limit?

asteroid-M has to weigh more than that

Power Cosmic II
Originally posted by Starscream M
remember, WW can remove her bra Originally posted by psycho gundam
magneto basically handcuffs her

yup

Oak Parker
who says magneto has that exact limit? dude can harness the earth's magnetic field on top of his already present power, so how could they figure out his limit?

asteroid-M has to weigh more than that 60,000 tons of metal is alot of weight. More than enuff power to move A.M. Magneto can't move the earth tho. Wonder Woman can. Or at least a good portion of it. He isn't going to over power Wonder Woman.

psycho gundam
doctor polaris (I) did something similar iirc

chomperx9
Magneto has control over WWs bracers there for slams her ass hard as hell against the ground.

illadelph12
doctor polaris (I) did something similar iirc

Couldn't he (Magneto) just magnetize the bracers at a high polarity so that they stick to her tiara?

Oak Parker
doctor polaris (I) did something similar iirc He shocked her. And that was before she gained the ability to harness lightning herself. Plus he was seriously amped. So much so that he could over ride MM's molecule powers, and Kyle's ring. Magneto could never.

Sr J-Bieb
He shocked her. And that was before she gained the ability to harness lightning herself. Plus he was seriously amped. So much so that he could over ride MM's molecule powers, and Kyle's ring. Magneto could never. MagnetoXorn gave Phoenix a planetary stroke. And was able to bottle her powers another time. The guy just moved a planet destroying bullet from deep space that has been moving at light speed for over a year...

To imply he couldn't do those feats seems odd to say the least... so does saying his limit is 60 000 tons. If you think a city sized asteroid only weighs 60 000 tons then I don't know what to say to you.

psycho gundam
current wonder woman though

Originally posted by illadelph12
Couldn't he (Magneto) just magnetize the bracers at a high polarity so that they stick to her tiara? at the speed of electromagnetic wavelengths (lightspeed) biscuits

Oak Parker
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
MagnetoXorn gave Phoenix a planetary stroke. And was able to bottle her powers another time. The guy just moved a planet destroying bullet from deep space that has been moving at light speed for over a year...

To imply he couldn't do those feats seems odd to say the least... so does saying his limit is 60 000 tons. If you think a city sized asteroid only weighs 60 000 tons then I don't know what to say to you. Even if it were 60 million tons, it's still no where near WW's upper limits. So I don't think he can over power her to control her bracers.

King Castle
the team murder her..

8/10

TheTyrant
60,000 tons of metal is alot of weight. More than enuff power to move A.M. Magneto can't move the earth tho. Wonder Woman can. Or at least a good portion of it. He isn't going to over power Wonder Woman.

Yet she has trouble holding a bridge. yea no.

Apocalypse teleports behind her and stabs her in the back. GG.

Uriel005
60,000 tons of metal is alot of weight. More than enuff power to move A.M. Magneto can't move the earth tho. Wonder Woman can. Or at least a good portion of it. He isn't going to over power Wonder Woman.

Lets do the maths... The empire state building alone weighs in at about 365 thousand tons in materials. Nothing in it... Materials. Asteroid M is a space station loaded with materials for living and is also hardened to withstand external attacks... I wonder if it weighs a crapton more than 60,000 tons.

Oak Parker
Originally posted by TheTyrant

Apocalypse teleports behind her and stabs her in the back. GG. She had trouble holding a bridge like 4 upgrades ago. Dude. She played a game of strength match with Amazo. Who has her strength, Superman's, and MM's all combined. You really think she has trouble holding a bridge? In Titans Imperitive, She picked up a rock the size of a city as if it were a pebble.

Uriel005
She had trouble holding a bridge like 4 upgrades ago. Dude. She played a game of strength match with Amazo. Who has her strength, Superman's, and MM's all combined. You really think she has trouble holding a bridge? In Titans Imperitive, She picked up a rock the size of a city as if it were a pebble.

Again DC makes me shake my head at the immense power fluctuations. This is coming from a company that had Batman out fist fight Lobo with no external factors... -_- If that doesn't explain WW strength then I don't know what to say.

Also comics are always inconsistent on strength because if they weren't heroes would never have any street level threats. Also Earth would be safe in a matter of heartbeats if all the herald level characters decided to clean up the streets with there super speed and superstrength alone ignoring other powersets.

psycho gundam
sheeee's baaaaack

tideoftime
Originally posted by Uriel005
Again DC makes me shake my head at the immense power fluctuations. This is coming from a company that had Batman out fist fight Lobo with no external factors... -_- If that doesn't explain WW strength then I don't know what to say.

Also comics are always inconsistent on strength because if they weren't heroes would never have any street level threats. Also Earth would be safe in a matter of heartbeats if all the herald level characters decided to clean up the streets with there super speed and superstrength alone ignoring other powersets.

Actually, DC is rather quite consistant in it's relative strength/performance ratings... people tend to forget that, for most of the conversations we're having around here, we are condensing 25-50 years of comic book history into a nutshell. Wonder Woman's strength/physical power has been steadily increasing for 25 years, since CoIE/reboot, with all of the increases occuring in-narrative, and with story/setting-related explanations. Even the incident you referenced -- her holding up the Gateway Bridge -- was *relative* to the power levels that DC had in place at the time (note that the writer for her at the time was John Byrne, the same dude who re-scaled SM for a time... much to many people's annoyance; in Byrne's scaling, WW holding up a massive bridge like that put her on scale to being nearly as strong as SM and CM, at that time).

However, even with that aside, WW for general purposes would be hard-pressed to take on Mags and Apocolypse at once (assuming everyone involved is scaled to comparable showings/levels), although it would be foolish to discount her just out of turn. She still has the potential to get wins, and magnetic/electrical attacks only work on the bracers for narrative reasons/rationales, as they have very often been displayed as resisting/deflecting such attacks (Polaris' manipulation of them in JL was an example of the narrative "trump card", and the league (not just WW) were narratively jobbing, for dramatic/story purposes... (as often happens in comics...).

psycho gundam
ww gets her narrative ass kicked in

Eon Blue
Team FTW

iceman24567
Originally posted by TheTyrant

Apocalypse teleports behind her and stabs her in the back. GG. laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.