Marvel heralds vs DC Heralds (Idea taken from Carver)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Oak Parker
Thor
Silver Surfer
Beta Ray Bill
Nova Prime

vs

Orion
Infinity Man (Before Becoming New God Killer)
Yat the Ion
Maxima

There were other DC heralds but they kinda lack. Superman has too many to weaknesses magic and radiation. Wonder Woman can't breath in space for longer than a few minutes and only needs a good sharp Surfer Finger to the head and she is done. Martian Manhunter can be set on fire. Flash can't fly. Black Adam is just a brick. Etc.

Slaanesh
i wanna say DC win cuz Ion is more powerful than anyone on Marvel team..but i don't know how powerful Infinity Man and Maxima is..

Oak Parker
Originally posted by Slaanesh
i wanna say DC win cuz Ion is more powerful than anyone on Marvel team..but i don't know how powerful Infinity Man and Maxima is.. Ion is really just Superman with a Green Lantern Ring. Not really more powerful than anyone on team 1

This page gives a good list of Maxima's powers and how she used them and what issues. http://www.comicvine.com/maxima/29-10034/

This one gives a good list of IM's powers

http://www.comicvine.com/infinity-man/29-27485/

King Castle
he did pretty well against superboy prime

Slaanesh
Originally posted by Oak Parker
Ion is really just Superman with a Green Lantern Ring. Not really more powerful than anyone on team 1

a powerful GL can compete with anyone on team 1..a Supes with GL ring will beat anyone..and Yat have Ion to further enhance everything he got..i'll give him the win against anyone on team 1..

Oak Parker
a powerful GL can compete with anyone on team 1..a Supes with GL ring will beat anyone..and Yat have Ion to further enhance everything he got..i'll give him the win against anyone on team 1..
Silver Surfer Beats any GL or Superman. So Superman with a GL ring would just be able to compete with Surfer. Thor is more powerful than Surfer, Superman, or any GL. And Yat with Ion had superior durability to be SBP's Punching bag. Nothing more.

Galan007
-Maxima is a woman... She's out immediately. 'Nuff said.
-Orion is tough, but he can't compete with the sheer versatility, speed, and exotic powers team Marvel brings to the table. He's out shortly after.
-Yat has the potential to do some damage, but I certainly wouldn't put him above someone like Surfer. He's the next to go.
-That leaves the most powerful character on team DC -- arguably the most powerful single being on the field: Infinity Man. However, even he can't combat the Marvel team all by his lonesome.

That said, Marvel wins, imo.

i wanna say DC win cuz Ion is more powerful than anyone on Marvel team..but i don't know how powerful Infinity Man and Maxima is.. If you're curious about IM's abilities, this respect thread I made contains pretty much all of his feats:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t501611.html

Oak Parker
Originally posted by Galan007
-Maxima is a woman... She's out immediately. 'Nuff said.
-Orion is tough, but he can't compete with the sheer versatility, speed, and exotic powers team Marvel brings to the table. He's out shortly after.
-Yat has the potential to do some damage, but I certainly wouldn't put him above someone like Surfer. He's the next to go.
-That leaves the most powerful character on team DC -- arguably the most powerful single being on the field: Infinity Man. However, even he can't combat the Marvel team all by his lonesome.

That said, Marvel wins, imo. Did you see my link on Maxima? She has more powers than anyone on the field. And she uses them all at Superman level. She can even make duplicates of herself all with her powers. And Orion can do anything Thor can do. Plus Orion is tuffer than BRB and Nova.

Yat Sucks. But he is Superman with a ring. So meh. I say it's a tie.

Slaanesh
Silver Surfer Beats any GL or Superman. So Superman with a GL ring would just be able to compete with Surfer. Thor is more powerful than Surfer, Superman, or any GL. And Yat with Ion had superior durability to be SBP's Punching bag. Nothing more.

Surfer can beat anyone..yes..but not easily..and Thor is not more powerful than Surfer..Surfer is the biggest threat from team 1..u can say whatever u want..i won't change my opinion..a talented GL like Yat with daxamite ability and Ion within him is above high herald..no one from team 1 can beat him..

Galan007
Did you see my link on Maxima? She has more powers than anyone on the field. And she uses them all at Superman level. She can even make duplicates of herself all with her powers. And Orion can do anything Thor can do. Plus Orion is tuffer than BRB and Nova.

Yat Sucks. But he is Superman with a ring. So meh. I say it's a tie. Maxima was tooled by DoS Doomsday. I'm not as ready to toot her horn as you seem to be.

Standard Orion cannot do anything Thor/BRB can do.

Yat does suck. thumb up

Oak Parker
Maxima was tooled by DoS Doomsday. I'm not as ready to toot her horn as you seem to be.

Standard Orion cannot do anything Thor/BRB can do.

Yat does suck. thumb up
Maxima was the only one who was able to hurt Doomsday besides Superman. Plus Maxima kept up with the power upgrades. When Superman got more powerful, she was still able to hang with him in speed and strength. She punked PG. Maxima can make duplicates of her self and muck with BRB or Nova easily.

And Orion can do pretty much everything Thor can. Hell BRB isn't that versatile. Orion is waaaaay faster, waaaay more blastier, and even stronger than BRB. Orion is as strong as Superman. Neither Thor or BRB are. I agree Surfer does beat Orion, but it would be like a fight against Morg. It would take a good long while.

Yat Still sucks but so does Nova Prime.

CosmicComet

Rich doesn't suck. Not by a longshot. He's one of the better HHs in Marvel right now.

Oak Parker
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Rich doesn't suck. Not by a longshot. He's one of the better HHs in Marvel right now. He was better as a New Warrior. No one can ever be better than the Core 7. Surfer, Thor, Quasar, Dr. Strange, Gladiator, BRB, and Adam Warlock.

Q99
i wanna say DC win cuz Ion is more powerful than anyone on Marvel team..but i don't know how powerful Infinity Man and Maxima is..

Maxima's around Wonder Woman's level.

Infinity Man is Darkseid's brother with power to match, stronger than any of the NG save maybe Darkseid and Highfather.

A bit more than that, the Ion critter amps his ring.

Galan007
Maxima was the only one who was able to hurt Doomsday besides Superman. Plus Maxima kept up with the power upgrades. When Superman got more powerful, she was still able to hang with him in speed and strength. She punked PG. Maxima can make duplicates of her self and muck with BRB or Nova easily.

And Orion can do pretty much everything Thor can. Hell BRB isn't that versatile. Orion is waaaaay faster, waaaay more blastier, and even stronger than BRB. Orion is as strong as Superman. Neither Thor or BRB are. I agree Surfer does beat Orion, but it would be like a fight against Morg. It would take a good long while.

Yat Still sucks but so does Nova Prime. Maxima is a solid mid-herald, but she cannot compete with team Marvel. One blitz from Surfer, or hammer-strike from Thor/BRB and she's out. Sorry, but I'm not buying into your wanking.

BRB not as versatile as Orion? Orion is consistently portrayed as a brawler, who almost never uses any kind of versatility to his advantage. Bill at least uses shielding/absorption/blasts, in conjunction with physical attacks against his opponents.

As for strength: Bill has busted planetoids and cracked Galactus' armor with Stormbreaker... He's also slapped around B&T Thor (who possessed sufficient power to 3-shot Surfer), along with a host of others. To say he isn't as strong/stronger than Orion is to blatantly ignore his feats.

Oak Parker
Maxima is a solid mid-herald, but she cannot compete with team Marvel. One blitz from Surfer, or hammer-strike from Thor/BRB and she's out. Sorry, but I'm not buying into your wanking.

BRB not as versatile as Orion? Orion is consistently portrayed as a brawler, who almost never uses any kind of versatility to his advantage. Bill at least uses shielding/absorption/blasts against his opponents, in conjunction with physical attacks.

As for strength: Bill has busted planetoids and cracked Galactus' armor with Stormbreaker... He's also slapped around B&T Thor (who possessed sufficient power to 3-shot Surfer), along with a host of others. To say he isn't as strong/stronger than Orion is to blatantly ignore his feats.

Maxima has reacted to a blitz from Superman. I doubt anyone on team two is going to blitz her. And what makes you think Surfer would get past IM or YAT? A hammer Strike from Thor or BRB isn't going to get to her. She's going to have her shields up. Plus Maxima is a Ferro kinetic. Thor's hammer has been manipulated by Ferro's before. Between her Magnetism, TK, and Energy shields, no one is going to be one shotting her. Plus she's also nearly as Dense as a Kryptonian.

Oh and Orion is versatile when he needs to be. Most of the time, he's just tuffer than his opponents. Of course, his mother box can absorb most of BRB's blast, or Orion himself can simply control the energies and send them back. Orion Beats BRB all day every day. And what does Bill cracking Galactus's armor with Storm Breaker have to do with anything? That isn't his strength. That is like me saying Orion hurt the cosmic being Starro with his AF. Not his strength. Oh and Orion is Superman's exact match in strength. BRB is not. So yeah, Orion is stronger than BRB.

CosmicComet
He was better as a New Warrior. No one can ever be better than the Core 7. Surfer, Thor, Quasar, Dr. Strange, Gladiator, BRB, and Adam Warlock.

'Core 7'? Jesus no one thinks about all 7 of those when thinking of Marvel High Heralds. Other than Surfer and Thor, none of those guys are anywhere close to mainstream.

They think of Thor, Silver Surfer, and Hulk.

Nova is far more powerful these days, and he could take at the very least a few wins from anybody there.

Oak Parker
'Core 7'? Jesus no one thinks about all 7 of those when thinking of Marvel High Heralds. Other than Surfer and Thor, none of those guys are anywhere close to mainstream.

They think of Thor, Silver Surfer, and Hulk.

Nova is far more powerful these days, and he could take at the very least a few wins from anybody there.
Hulk sucks. That is all.

Galan007
Maxima has reacted to a blitz from Superman. I doubt anyone on team two is going to blitz her. And what makes you think Surfer would get past IM or YAT? A hammer Strike from Thor or BRB isn't going to get to her. She's going to have her shields up. Plus Maxima is a Ferro kinetic. Thor's hammer has been manipulated by Ferro's before. Between her Magnetism, TK, and Energy shields, no one is going to be one shotting her. Plus she's also nearly as Dense as a Kryptonian.

Oh and Orion is versatile when he needs to be. Most of the time, he's just tuffer than his opponents. Of course, his mother box can absorb most of BRB's blast, or Orion himself can simply control the energies and send them back. Orion Beats BRB all day every day. And what does Bill cracking Galactus's armor with Storm Breaker have to do with anything? That isn't his strength. That is like me saying Orion hurt the cosmic being Starro with his AF. Not his strength. Oh and Orion is Superman's exact match in strength. BRB is not. So yeah, Orion is stronger than BRB. Ah, so Maxima is on par with Thor, and Orion can control the energies of Bill's hammer and then proceed to physically pummel him?

Yeeeeah, I think that's my cue to stop debating with you. smile

CosmicComet
Hulk sucks. That is all.

As you can see by my sig, I don't like him either.

But credit where credit is due.

He is 'the man' in Marvel.

I think I'm gonna hurl. sick

Oak Parker
Ah, so Maxima is on par with Thor, and Orion can control the energies of Bill's hammer and then proceed to physically pummel him?

Yeeeeah, I think that's my cue to stop debating with you. smile I didn't say Maxima was on par with Thor. I said no one on team one is one shotting her. If you gonna debate me, at least debat what I am saying and not what you want me to say. Orion controlled DS energies and pushed them back on him once. Orion also controlled the energies of a quantum bomb. So I think it is safe to say, he can control high energy. His Mother box has controlled energy as well. Orion has also simply blasted against energies and overwhelmed the users. Never said Orion would pummel BRB. But, Orion does beat BRB. In the same way Orion beat Superman when using all of his powers. Ok, now if you want to stop debating, that is fine. But debat what I'm saying. Not what you think I'm saying.

psycho gundam
Yeeeeah, I think that's my cue to stop debating with you. smile that's nvr a good idea

Stoic
I know that Nova Prime is very powerful, but when the Surfer grabbed him up by the neck I questioned his power level. If he were replaced in this thread by Stardust, or Morg at his best, I think that it would be a little more even. As it stands, Infinity Man helps put DC ahead by a comfortable margin.

Galan007
Originally posted by psycho gundam
that's nvr a good idea haw-som

CosmicComet
^Why did you question his powerlevel? Neither of them wanted to fight and they both crash landed on that planet while locking up in an equal power struggle.

Nova has also gotten a lot more powerful since then.

carver9

Beta ray. Bill has busted planets with his strength and has fought in space at faster than light speed, what has orion done to prove that he is faster or stronger than bill?

Oak Parker
Originally posted by carver9
Beta ray. Bill has busted planets with his strength and has fought in space at faster than light speed, what has orion done to prove that he is faster or stronger than bill? BRB has busted a planet using energy from his hammer, Storm Breaker. The hammer was glowing when he used it. Orion has matched Superman in physical combat. BRB could not do that.

Uriel005
The thing about the surfer in any thread is that his potential is to be greater than Galactus because if I understood correctly when he raged against LT for showing his homeworld he used power cosmic to generate more power cosmic than what he was using to make more. So in theory his power is infinite and is quite possibly unmatched in the sense that he can spontaneously generate more power at will to an unlimited extent.

psycho gundam
BRB has busted a planet using energy from his hammer, Storm Breaker. The hammer was glowing when he used it. Orion has matched Superman in physical combat. BRB could not do that. has he ever tried?

carver9
BRB has busted a planet using energy from his hammer, Storm Breaker. The hammer was glowing when he used it. Orion has matched Superman in physical combat. BRB could not do that.

He didn't bust two planets with any type of energy... he used physical strength.

What makes you believe that bill can't match superman when he has match thor before and physically took down tanaraq along with other high end beings. If anything, I would give bill the majority against supes.

Oak Parker
He didn't bust two planets with any type of energy... he used physical strength.

What makes you believe that bill can't match superman when he has match thor before and physically took down tanaraq along with other high end beings. If anything, I would give bill the majority against supes.

Superman would blitz BRB to all hell. Then pick up his hammer and beat him to death with it.

Lunacyde
Beta ray. Bill has busted planets with his strength and has fought in space at faster than light speed, what has orion done to prove that he is faster or stronger than bill?

When was it stated that BRB was fighting faster than light speed? Just curious.

psycho gundam
superman can't lift it. stormbreaker is harder to use (if you're not bill) than mjolnir is since it was made specifically for him to exact revenge with.

carver9
Superman would blitz BRB to all hell. Then pick up his hammer and beat him to death with it.

First thing I don't think supes would blitz bill... if surfer or stardust couldn't do it, supes isn't doing it... besides speed, everything else falls in bills favor. He is just more powerful.

carver9
Originally posted by Lunacyde
When was it stated that BRB was fighting faster than light speed? Just curious.

When skuttlebucket was achieving far greater than light speed and bill stepped outside of skuttlebucket to face surfer while keeping up with the ship and fighting surfer at the same time. The ship was hitting warp speed and both surfer and bill was keeping up with it while fighting at tremendous speeds.

Galan007
BRB has busted a planet using energy from his hammer, Storm Breaker. The hammer was glowing when he used it. Orion has matched Superman in physical combat. BRB could not do that. A hammerless Bill has beaten a hammerless Thor with fisticuffs alone.

...But I'm sure matching/overcoming Thor in a h2h battle still doesn't put him in Orion's strength class, right? srsly

CosmicComet
^It doesn't.

Orion is on Superman's tier. Not on Thor's tier.

(Yes I'm seperating them within one tier)

Oak Parker
A hammerless Bill has beaten a hammerless Thor with fisticuffs alone.

...But I'm sure matching/overcoming Thor in a h2h battle still doesn't put him in Orion's strength class, right? srsly What does class have to do with it? They can be in same class. Orion is still as strong as Superman. Bill is not.

King Castle
are you guys kidding? erm

CosmicComet
Not kidding.

Superman's dial 11 > Thor's round 2 enchantment.

King Castle
a comment from a crossover, seriously? erm

CosmicComet
Crossover or not, that is exactly what would happen.

carver9

Well since we want to use crossovers, surfer one shotted orion and orion admitted that surfer was to powerful for him but we have people like thor defeating surfer and bill giving him a fight.

CosmicComet
I'm not using a crossover.

I'm simply saying the crossover is about what I'd expect to happen if they fought.

Stoic

Superman is in the same class as Thor, or Bill, the fact that Superman was worn out after the fight shows that on any given day, Thor could have won their little tussle. Orion is also in the same class.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.