Mister Hyde vs. Luke Cage ( H2H)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Don Corleone
Fight goes on until one is KO'ed. H2H

Kid Kurdy
I think Hyde is stronger but Cage more durable. Or something like that.

Could go either way.

tkitna
Hyde should win this fight too.

Deadline
Originally posted by tkitna
Hyde should win this fight too.

Haterade?

King Castle
Hyde should win.. 8/10

tkitna
Originally posted by Deadline
Haterade?

Common sense

Deadline
Common sense

Alright then feats please.

tkitna
Alright then feats please.

Well, he's lost to Thor, Hulk, Spiderman, and Daredevil. laughing

Seriously though, he's damn near twice as strong as Cage. He should be able to beat him. The Thing doesnt seem to have any problems whipping him, although thats been awhile before the big Marvel Cage push.

SuperiorTech

Seriously though, he's damn near twice as strong as Cage. He should be able to beat him. The Thing doesnt seem to have any problems whipping him, although thats been awhile before the big Marvel Cage push.

Cage fought Absorbing man, Rhino, Professor Hulk and Wonder man He also one-shotted Ironclad and knocked out Orka granted with a bit of help from the black knight. All of this was also before Bendis got his hands on him.

KingD19
I remember DD punched Hyde in his chest once, and he fell over, complaining about not being able to breathe. Not only is his not that strong, but his durability is for shit.

I guess you can rationalize it by saying his serum performs at different levels, but most of the time he's a loser...and he will be this time.

StiltmanFTW
Didn't he punch him in the solar plexus?

KingD19
Yeah....which is located in the chest region. The thing is though, if your durability is high enough, a punch from DD would have no effect.

StiltmanFTW
You made it sound like he shattered his sternum or something wink

Yes, his durability sucks (remember the mailbox?). He's not even bulletproof.

Cage wins this...

KingD19
Didn't mean too....but, HE FOUGHT THOR MAN!!!!! A hit from DD shouldn't even register to him, but his durability always has, and always will be crap. Cage Thunderclaps him, then bases his face in while he's off balance.

Black bolt z
Cage should win 8/10.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Kid Kurdy
I think Hyde is stronger but Cage more durable. Or something like that.

Could go either way.

YFZ 350
Yea, could go either way but I'd bet on Cage.

Deadline

So you get no proof. Anyway Cage had a push in 94/95 with heroes for hire.

tkitna
No, I dont have any proof. Do you have any proof that Cage definately wins?

tkitna
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
Cage fought Absorbing man, Rhino, Professor Hulk and Wonder man

Do you honestly feel that Cage has any business at all messing with characters like these? He's a 50 tonner with hard skin. All 4 of those characters should have beaten him (Rhino may take a bit longer) within a few panels.

Deadline
Do you honestly feel that Cage has any business at all messing with characters like these? He's a 50 tonner with hard skin. All 4 of those characters should have beaten him (Rhino may take a bit longer) within a few panels.

Maybe because hes done this as well.

Originally posted by SuperiorTech
He also one-shotted Ironclad and knocked out Orka granted with a bit of help from the black knight. All of this was also before Bendis got his hands on him.

Also when he lost to Thing that was before his upgrade. However Prof Hulk and WM were clearly too much for him but the others werent.

tkitna
Also when he lost to Thing that was before his upgrade. However Prof Hulk and WM were clearly too much for him but the others werent.

The Absorbing Man wasnt to much for Cage? Hmm. Let me guess. Cage used his superior mind to beat him right? Those battle smarts must have been part of his upgrade too. Poor guy could barely get through a sentence in english beforehand.

Whatever, i'm done. He must have went through a hell of an upgrade if he went from being a 50 ton, nonversatile, mediocre, street level brick to an upper tier brick now.

Deadline
The Absorbing Man wasnt to much for Cage? Hmm. Let me guess. Cage used his superior mind to beat him right? Those battle smarts must have been part of his upgrade too. Poor guy could barely get through a sentence in english beforehand.

Whatever, i'm done. He must have went through a hell of an upgrade if he went from being a 50 ton, nonversatile, mediocre, street level brick to an upper tier brick now.

Yea as predicted you are done. Pretty much all you do in threads is label feats as PIS because you don't like them. thumb down

Absorbing Man is an idiot. Hell Cap placed his shield on his chin and he didn't even attempt to absorb it. Thats dumb. I like how you ignored all the other examples.

tkitna
Yea as predicted you are done. Pretty much all you do in threads is label feats as PIS because you don't like them. thumb down

Absorbing Man is an idiot. Hell Cap placed his shield on his chin and he didn't even attempt to absorb it. Thats dumb. I like how you ignored all the other examples.

Feats are great and all, but damn, writers wank characters all the time to boost their popularity and I know you cant recognize that for some reason. If a poll was made on this board as to who would win between The Absorbing Man and Cage, anybody with any common sense would pick Abosrbing Man. Seriously, I mean when a character that fights people like the Hulk, Thor, and the Sentry as a norm loses to a character like Cage, its obvious the writer was having fun and wanking the hero.

As for the other examples, I didnt touch upon them because they are just as silly as the Absorbing Man example. Cage one shotted Ironclad when characters like Hulk and Thing have been proven not to being able to do so. Right. Thats believable. He fought Professor Hulk before? Thats great and I dont have the book nor have ever seen it. I'm curious though of the circumstances. Was Hulk pissed and trying at all and did Cage even hurt him or what went down? I'm guessing the Hulk wasnt trying to kill him or anything, but I dont know. I remember seeing the scans of the Wonder Man fight and if I remember correctly, I dont think Wonder Man even got hurt in that fight. More annoyed than anything in which it should have been. Good feats for Cage though as he actually survived those encounters.

Ok, to touch upon Cages upgrade, how did it happen? Did he get granted a magical wish or something that increased his strength and might? Did he work out? Did he drink a serum or find a magic stone or something, or have the writers just written him in a higher status, giving him more crediability, and matching him with characters he usually should have no business messing with just to push his popularity. If its something on the first lines, I apologize and admit I was wrong. If it has something to do with the second scenerio, this thread should be closed and i'll rest my case.

tkitna
Just read that Cage went though a second dose of experiments that gave him his powers in the first place, so I was wrong and he is more than what he used to be.

Sorry for my comments and posts then as I didnt know that. peace

SuperiorTech
Just read that Cage went though a second dose of experiments that gave him his powers in the first place, so I was wrong and he is more than what he used to be.

Honestly his respect thread needs to be redone it's missing when he underwent his second treatment and his fights pre and post upgrade are all mixed together.

Deadline

I respect that. thumb up

Mindset
Didn't Osborn beat Hyde?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Mindset
Didn't Osborn beat Hyde?

He did in that Thunderbolts one-shot. He had those explosive pendrives though.

Mindset
I don't care what he had! sneer

khazra
Cage has a massive durability advantage. In WWH he got knocked out of the battlefield miles and wasnt even KO'd.

KingD19
Yeah, Hiroim did go Old-Strong on him and slug him like halfway across the city. Then he just got up and hurried back to the fight.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.