Rama-Tut vs Dr. Who

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

complexbrother
Rama- tut
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix5/rama-tut_richards001.jpg

vs

Dr. Who
http://media.ideaanddesignworks.com/idw/covers/doctor_who/ongoing/v02/DrWho02-CvrA_md.jpg

tideoftime
If the Doctor is in one of his absolutely *dark* moods, then he can win via Tardis-banishment/effect (much like in "The Family of Blood"wink; if not, then Rama-Tut, like, skewers him, just to see how many times he can make the strange little man change his appearance...

Generally, the Doctor, via the Bat-kic... er.... 'cus he's the Doctor. More credibly, Rama shoves the sonic screwdriver up the Doctor's ass and hits the setting Romana use to like back in the day...

Uriel005
Dr. Who's power is based on I win you lose 'cause I'm the Doctor. Also can we use peak Dr. the one from his showdown with the Master in Martha Jones companion era. SUBTLE PSYCHIC HUMAN EFFECT FTW!!!

Edit: I'm assuming we're only using 10th Dr. Otherwise he has had more and better feats such as wiping out the Time Lords and Daleks in a single move as well as dealing with several god level characters like Omega and the Black Guardian.

Flyattractor
Tennants Doctor was the Worst portrayal of all .

he would get skewred up the butt and he would like it.

I vote for Rama just out of spite.

King Castle
never read a doctor who comic and isnt he better known from the movie/tv show? erm

Bentley
Tut is either like an inferior version of Kang or an older but slightly less inferior version of Kang. The second Tut would be a better match, are they both capable of accessing their time whammys or is this guns and fists?

Uriel005
Originally posted by Bentley
Tut is either like an inferior version of Kang or an older but slightly less inferior version of Kang. The second Tut would be a better match, are they both capable of accessing their time whammys or is this guns and fists?
Can't really make it a gun fight unless your going to say Dr. Who has unlimited access to his tech not just what his CIS limits himself to. Then he just Time Locks Rama for eternity like the Time Lords did to the Daleks with the prison ship or if he doesn't get his tech gets shot in the face and it's all over really quick..

Thinking time fight would be better but I say the Dr. wins he has more experience and if you think about it has pulled more Dickish shennanigans than kang has and that list is really.... really... long

Bentley
Also you should define the battlefield, Tut could easily slip to a timeless zone and counter-attack using tech that absorbs time-traveller energy, but honestly, Dr. Who has better feats that make sense.

Uriel005
Also you should define the battlefield, Tut could easily slip to a timeless zone and counter-attack using tech that absorbs time-traveller energy, but honestly, Dr. Who has better feats that make sense.
Make sense good sir... Do you know how hard it is to reverse a neutrino's polarity.... Which apparently fixes everything in the Dr. Who universe.... Anyways yeah Dr Who's feats make about as much sense as the near magic level tech he uses does. Going back to classic Tom Baker Doctor would make this fight even more interesting IMO but I don't think he had a comic. But since they are all one person and I feel like using all of Doctor's feats... He totally punks anyone below skyfather and even then given enough prep time... all of 20 minutes lol but not really.

Bentley
Again, I'm just saying Tut could access timeless zones and tech that thrives on the life of time-travellers. Which seems like a good way to deal with someone whose time-manipulation feats dwarf his own.

It really depends on the kind of strategy they use against one another but I'm not very aknowledgeable in how time-travel works in the Dr. Who-verse.

tideoftime
Originally posted by King Castle
never read a doctor who comic and isnt he better known from the movie/tv show? erm

Well, for most people, the TV show is their reference point; however, Doctor Who has been appearing in various comics-series since the 60's, and even discounting the early "strip-style" stories, it's had fairly reliably published issues, both independant series and in DW Magazine, since the 70's, so it's a legitimate comparison for the Comics VS. forum...

Just saying...

tideoftime
Originally posted by Uriel005
Make sense good sir... Do you know how hard it is to reverse a neutrino's polarity.... Which apparently fixes everything in the Dr. Who universe.... Anyways yeah Dr Who's feats make about as much sense as the near magic level tech he uses does. Going back to classic Tom Baker Doctor would make this fight even more interesting IMO but I don't think he had a comic. But since they are all one person and I feel like using all of Doctor's feats... He totally punks anyone below skyfather and even then given enough prep time... all of 20 minutes lol but not really.

Just continueing the train of thought from my post above this one:

Actually, it's reversing the polarity of the *neutron* flow, not the neutrino flow, which are different particles... (yeah, I know -- I'll shut up)

And yes, Tom Baker's Doctor had a good number of comic issues (via british publishers and Marvel), as well as comic stories in DW Magazine. In fact, *all* of the Doctors did, at various points over the past almost 50 years...

Just clarifying in case there's any question about whether this topic should be in the Comics VS. forum, or elsewhere -- it's more than legit to have it here...

Digi
lol

The Doctor doesn't belong in the vs. forum. His feats are often hard to quantify in the way we're used to thinking of them. Foreign universes can often compare well, but I don't think this is one of them that easily translates. It's part of the reason I scrapped my old plan of making him a respect thread (among quite a few reasons). He also blurs the line between allowed and not because he's REALLY slanted toward being a TV character, not a comic one.

In a prep scenario, he owns this like it's his job. Turn off his character's inhibitions and he's literally capable of destroying multiverses. Hell, Eccelston's Doctor made a wave emitter from some random wiring that would've destroyed every lifeform in a planet-wide area, and did it in about 15 minutes (and this is among dozens of similar feats). He's really kind of a deus ex machina in that sense. And the number of ridiculous superweapons that he's either negated, reverse-engineered, modified on the fly, etc. implies that he knows how to create and operate them on a whim, but it's hard to prove such things in a forum setting because they technically aren't his creations (thus part of the problem as well).

No prep was stipulated, however, and he's about peak human at best non-prep, so then the question becomes whether or not he starts inside the TARDIS or not. If no, he loses fast and definitively. If yes, he can just turtle inside until he figures out a way to win, which wouldn't take long. The extrapolator shielding on his TARDIS is a bit ambiguous, but has tanked enough blasts in both tv and comics that he should be able to stay in it safely until he's got a plan and some tech.

Beyond all of that, the Doctor's such a goddamn Macuyver on a cosmic level that it's hard to place him in battles. Does he win? Sure. How? Er, he just does? It's like battles where Reed wins by default, but no one feels like saying what exactly he'd invent with prep to defeat his opponent. I have no clue what exactly the Doctor would create to defeat Tut, but I also know just as definitvely that he would be able to invent something to defeat him. We have assorted specific things from the show (like the one I mentioned, and a few others I could off the top of my head), but the context and circumstances might be different, necessitating different tactics. Hell, for example, due to his nonchalant manipulation of it late in the episode, I feel like he could recreate Davros's "reality bomb" if he lacked morals and just wipe out everything in the multiverse that isn't himself (he makes a gun capable of reversing its affects out of basically silly string and duct tape inside the TARDIS). But can I prove it? Not really, I can only provide circumstantial evidence that makes it plausible and believable, but not foolproof. Such logic irks many in the forums, and is why he's not a good candidate for in-depth debate.

Bentley
But with CIS on he wouldn't be nearly as destructive I assume.

Uriel005

Unless Rama was actively conquering and messing with the time stream.

Digi

Depends. He can let loose if the competition is evil enough. He's not above killing mercilessly.

Bentley
Tut is f*cked biscuits

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.