McCastle Vs Rigbo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Robtard
Due to the tinkering of ancient gods John McClane (all DH films) and Frank Castle (Punisher/Punisher: WZ) are combined into one being, McCastle, while Martin Riggs (all LW films) and John Rambo (all Rambo films) are combined into one being with double the mullet, Rigbo and pitted against each other:

Scenario 1: H2H fight in an arena

Scenario 2: Knife fight in an alley behind a convenience store.

Scenario 3: Forest fight. Guns, blades and explosives seen throughout the films. Be realistic, no one's carrying 4 RPGs and 6 machine-guns.

Scenario 4: Warehouse fight, handguns only.

Scenario 5: Fight in the streets of a major city, handguns and machine-gun each. Environmental factors can be used.

Each scenario has 10 rounds. FIGHT!

Rogue Jedi
I've only seen the Jane version of Punisher.

Sadako of Girth
Hmmmmm. Not a great day for the mullet-warriors.

Rogue Jedi
Unless Punisher can top Rambo's First Blood feats, scenario 3 definitely goes to Rigbo.

Robtard
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Unless Punisher can top Rambo's First Blood feats, scenario 3 definitely goes to Rigbo.

Castle is a special forces instructor, but going by movie feats, Rambo is king in a forest/jungle environment. Fool becomes the jungle.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
Castle is a special forces instructor, but going by movie feats, Rambo is king in a forest/jungle environment. Fool becomes the jungle. Rambo would likely solo all three of them in the jungle. IMO that is.

Sadako of Girth
But if castle instructs McClane in the art of Jungle combat, and can get the upperhand on Rambo (Maybe with a sniping), Riggs and John J hit the showers early.

Kaibs
McClane would do very well in 4 and 5. With The McClane Factor and his previous fighting prowess in other movies. Plus he's a cop, he was trained to do city combat.

As for the forest... well McClane might get lost or something or just wait it out for people to go to sleep or something lol. Obviously Rambo is the expert for the other team in it, but Frank was ex Special Forces, which are trained to handle 5 different regions of combat. I'd say team 2 takes the forest 6/4 but Riggs dies all 10 times.

Sadako of Girth
LOL Feasible

Kaibs
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
LOL Feasible

thumb up

Rogue Jedi
But if castle instructs McClane in the art of Jungle combat, and can get the upperhand on Rambo (Maybe with a sniping), Riggs and John J hit the showers early. Did Castle ever make a mile long shot in high wind? Riggs did.

Doooooooooooooh.

Sadako of Girth
Not onscreen, he didnt.

Dohhhh.

Rogue Jedi
He said he did, it was implied, so it's a screen feat. Fact.

Sadako of Girth
He also said he was crazy throughout almost all of LW1.

Didn't make it so.

Rogue Jedi
Yeah, he made the shot he claimed.

Sadako of Girth
So? I dont believe him.

Let him prove it on screen.

Rogue Jedi
Nah, he made the shot he claimed.

Sadako of Girth
Says YOU. shifty

Kaibs
^ hahaha. Awesome.

Rogue Jedi
Nah, says Riggs. Says Donner.

Sadako of Girth
Says Riggs.

But Han Solo also said that he made the Kessel Run in the time/distance that he did. But it doenst count as an onscreen feat, as the only onscreen feat was his chin flapping about it..

So fine. Onscreen feats apply.
Riggs, during this face off, can talk about sniping someone a mile off all he wants.

Rogue Jedi
I see. So I guess the Force doesn't actually bind the universe together? I guess Agent 47 isn't an expert in all aspects of combat? Because these things were SAID, not SHOWN.

Sadako of Girth
No... You guessed completely and utterly wrong.
The force thing was was shown on screen, as was evidenced by the fact the force users could manipulate it.

Rogue Jedi
Nope, it was never shown "binding the universe together."

Riggs made the claim, it's a feat. You know the rules here.

Sadako of Girth
But the universe wasn't shown falling apart at the subatomic level onscreen....ergo we take his word. Hence the massive hole in your argument.

Rogue Jedi
So yeah, RigBo rapes. Between Rambo pwning the forest and Riggs making thousand yard shots in high wind, they'll be fine.

Sadako of Girth
If thats what youre relying on, then its pretty much McCastle victory.

Those 2 against Rambo is more of a breeze.
So the only raping going on will be just directly after Riggs refuses to pretend to be a little asian boy for Rambo, Im afraid.

Rogue Jedi
How you figure? They'll never see Rigbo as Rigbo snipes them from a thousand yards out.

Sadako of Girth
Thats not a screen feat.

Rogue Jedi
pm Impediment. If it is said/implied/shown, it's a screen feat. He'll acknowledge it.

After all, you argued that 47 was an expert in all forms of combat when it was merely said, not shown.

Sadako of Girth
Very Well. McClane said he was the only one could do the job.

Ergo: Riggs couldn't.

McClanes screen feats still beat Riggs'.

Kaibs
RJ you're stretching pretty far with saying that as a feat. Which is fine if that's how you want to play it... I mean in some threads we could say some crazy shit that's been said in movies... and it will count as a feat. It should be on screen feats and you know it... cause if that's the case then... In that Blade vs Hit Girl thread... Blade wins easily in every scenario.. because of things that has been said about him and things he's said he's done.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Kaibs
RJ you're stretching pretty far with saying that as a feat. Which is fine if that's how you want to play it... I mean in some threads we could say some crazy shit that's been said in movies... and it will count as a feat. It should be on screen feats and you know it... cause if that's the case then... In that Blade vs Hit Girl thread... Blade wins easily in every scenario.. because of things that has been said about him and things he's said he's done.

yes

Robtard

After all, you argued that 47 was an expert in all forms of combat when it was merely said, not shown.

I brought that line about 47 in because your angle was that 47 couldn't make a 4km, despite actually making a 4km shot onscreen. This wa the argument that solidified the "seen on screen" rule.

So in the end, the "all forms of combat" didn't/doesn't hold in regards to 47, but he can out-snipe Swagger with his 4km shot, as shown.

Also, when did Riggs or Rambo use a sniper rifle in the films? Rambo 1, or are you adding weapons that are not in the OP.

BruceSkywalker
going by screen feats McCastle wins here

Sadako of Girth
yes Harold and Kumar go to McCastle

dadudemon
Imp is a little busy with "REAL LIFE" right now. Can we get a little respect for our MIA brother? Let's try and resolve things without having to move into the "douche" territory. I think that's only mature, agreed?

Also, discretion has to be used for stated feats. Meaning, if the character is obviously capable of doing what someone stated they could do, then, yes, it's an "offscreen" feat that counts.

Otherwise, we have bullshit like Mace Windu not being able to use force push.

Riggs is obviously an "uber" military dude well versed in H2H, firearms, and so forth. A mile shot is easily done by most military snipers...much less some of their best. A mile long shot with wind is shit they train for. Why would an obviously "top-tier" soldier be any less? A mile long shot, with wind, is not really that big of a feat as it is far too "human". Who is his spotter, though? This is where we have to put into context such a feat: he obviously had a kick ass spotter in addition to a really friggin' steady arm. And so ends his feat: no awesome spotter present, no awesome shot.

To continue, I think Rambo solos...much less combined with Riggs. I do think that a solo Rambo would take a shot or two against Castle, but McClane really is the weakest here and is almost a non-factor.

As far as overall combat prowess, I rank them as follows:

Rambo - 9.5
Castle - 8.5
Riggs - 8
McClane - 7

Every point signifies a factor of 2.

Meaning, Rambo could take on two castles at once and it would be a tie.

Rambo could take on 5 McClanes and win but 6 would net him a loss.

This tiering is inexorable and cannot be argued with. no expression (it's hard not to laugh at myself)

I would fit on that list as a 2 (Rambo could take on 362 of me, at once, and win). lol!

Rogue Jedi
I brought that line about 47 in because your angle was that 47 couldn't make a 4km, despite actually making a 4km shot onscreen. This wa the argument that solidified the "seen on screen" rule.

So in the end, the "all forms of combat" didn't/doesn't hold in regards to 47, but he can out-snipe Swagger with his 4km shot, as shown.

Also, when did Riggs or Rambo use a sniper rifle in the films? Rambo 1, or are you adding weapons that are not in the OP.

Rob, going with what is said/implied and shown is how we do shit here, WTF is wrong with you?

Riggs used a sniper rifle in LW1 from several hundred yards and was deadly with it. I'm talking about scenario 3 here:

Scenario 3: Forest fight. Guns, blades and explosives seen throughout the films. Be realistic, no one's carrying 4 RPGs and 6 machine-guns.

Very Well. McClane said he was the only one could do the job.

Ergo: Riggs couldn't.

McClanes screen feats still beat Riggs'. You know full well that if something is implied or said in a movie, it counts as a feat.

RJ you're stretching pretty far with saying that as a feat. Which is fine if that's how you want to play it... I mean in some threads we could say some crazy shit that's been said in movies... and it will count as a feat. It should be on screen feats and you know it... cause if that's the case then... In that Blade vs Hit Girl thread... Blade wins easily in every scenario.. because of things that has been said about him and things he's said he's done. Riggs quoted an actual act he had performed. He didn't say "I can shoot really far and stuff", he even went as far as quoting the distance.

If it is said and/or implied, it counts as a feat. Sadako knows this, he's just being an ass.

Robtard
Rob, going with what is said/implied and shown is how we do shit here, WTF is wrong with you?

Riggs used a sniper rifle in LW1 from several hundred yards and was deadly with it. I'm talking about scenario 3 here:

You know full well that if something is implied or said in a movie, it counts as a feat.

I'm fine with that and I argued for it, ie when something was implied and it was feasibly, it should count, but the bitching back and forth in the Swagger/47 thread is what killed it and the "seen on screen" rule was ratified in ****ing stone. You're the one that didn't want to accept the "master in all forms of combat", because it was spoken and not shown, remember.

Ah, that's fine then, didn't remember Riggs or Rambo using/having a sniper-rifle.

Rogue Jedi
I'm fine with that and I argued for it, ie when something was implied and it was feasibly, it should count, but the bitching back and forth in the Swagger/47 thread is what killed it and the "seen on screen" rule was ratified in ****ing stone. You're the one that didn't want to accept the "master in all forms of combat", because it was spoken and not shown, remember.

Ah, that's fine then, didn't remember Riggs or Rambo using/having a sniper-rifle. Yes, that was about the time that Mattie stepped in and decreed that what is "said/implied" is also a screen feat. I accepted it and rolled with it.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by dadudemon
Imp is a little busy with "REAL LIFE" right now. Can we get a little respect for our MIA brother? Let's try and resolve things without having to move into the "douche" territory. I think that's only mature, agreed?

agreed

threads will be bettter off instead of a bunch of bollocks

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
agreed

threads will be bettter off instead of a bunch of bollocks I like a little bitta Sandra Bullocks.

Sadako of Girth

Ah, that's fine then, didn't remember Riggs or Rambo using/having a sniper-rifle.

Its ok man, Riggs claimed to be in the top 6 snipers in the world.

....One that couldnt see himself being flanked in a flat and open desert on a clear day.

*Cue Riggs capture and torture sequence*

Rogue Jedi
Its ok man, Riggs claimed to be in the top 6 snipers in the world.

....One that couldnt see himself being flanked in a flat and open desert on a clear day.

*Cue Riggs capture and torture sequence* Yeah, the one he escaped from and killed a room full of armed men with his bare hands!!!! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!! eek! eek!

Mac never came close to performing such a feat. He was, however, snuck up on by Karl.

*cue Al saving Mac's life*

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by dadudemon

Well meaning Im sure, but totally uncalled for.

Theres no Imp disrespect.
Theres no douchehood.

Sadako of Girth
Yeah, the one he escaped from and killed a room full of armed men with his bare hands!!!! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!! eek! eek!

Mac never came close to performing such a feat. He was, however, snuck up on by Karl.

*cue Al saving Mac's life*

Mmmmmm. That strategy allowed Joshua to escape the building whilst Riggs was tortured... endangering the Murtaughs til the end of the movie.
The same strategy that got Dutch chick killed in LW 2.

Yes McClane did. The lift scene in DH3 was way more dangerous with less room for evasion.
Riggs opponents in that were just generic sub-goons.

Rogue Jedi
Yes he did. The lift scene in DH3 was way more dangerous. Bull to the shit. The guys in the room where Riggs was were more spaced out, had far more opportunities to fire.

Riggs disarmed them, one by one, snapped necks, use human shields, and turned their weapons back on them. Sent Mcallister and Joshua runnin' like bitches!!!!!!!!!!!! eek!

"WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO'S ****IN NEXT!!!!! MCALLISTER!!!!!!!"

smokin'

Mac's lift feat? Luck, no skill whatsoever.

Sadako of Girth
They were more spaced out alright.
McOpponents were actually wired and frosty and planning to put that lift up McClane's ass and McClane STILL killed them all. The bad guys had Prep and STILL lost to the will of the Mac/The McClane factor.
(Both luck AND skill, btw)

No they ran like biotches, because:
A) McCallister actually WAS a little biotch
B) Joshua realised that as he could escape, he could kill more people and go to try killing some Murtaughs.

Rogue Jedi
They were more spaced out alright.
McOpponents were actually wired and frosty and planning to put that lift up McClane's ass and McClane STILL killed them all. The bad guys had Prep and STILL lost to the will of the Mac/The McClane factor.

No they ran like biotches, because:
A) McCallister actually WAS a little biotch
B) Joshua realised that as he could escape, he could kill more people and go to try killing some Murtaughs.

More spaced out= More room to move around, to avoid being hit, harder to fight.

Nah, McAllister was ex special forces. He was good, as was Joshua. They saw Riggs in that state and they wet their little undies.

Sadako of Girth
More spaced out also means: More room for Riggs to cover, move, elude etc. The McFeat was more impressive.

Hence why McAllister werent shit. Gruber and his men didn't wet the bed or their pants at anytime on screen.

Rogue Jedi
More spaced out also means: More room for Riggs to cover, move, elude etc. The McFeat was more impressive.

Hence why McAllister werent shit. Gruber and his men didn't wet the bed or their pants at anytime on screen. Yeah, but Riggs didn't take cover, he entered and took them head on. UNARMED, remember?

Riggs clears DH1 in less than an hour. Easily.

Sadako of Girth
Yeah but within a second or two hed grabbed one of their guns and started wasting fools, remember...?

Clears the 'Getting killed' stages...sure. He lacks the mental fortitude for making it through such an experience. Cause hes crazy n stuff.

Rogue Jedi
Yeah but within a second or two hed grabbed one of their guns and started wasting fools, remember...?

Clears the 'Getting killed' stages...sure. He lacks the mental fortitude for making it through such an experience. Cause hes crazy n stuff.

And? He entered the room unarmed and cleared it. Shows how fast and efficient a killer he is.

Riggs isn't always in rage mode.

Sadako of Girth
A room of dummies, goons and stooges.

But he flips easy and makes mistakes.

Rogue Jedi
McAllister was ex special forces, dude. You really think he hired "a buncha goons?" Think again. Hans' "goons" weren't all that impressive, you know.

Sadako of Girth
On screen feats, mister.
The DH goons often did better on screen.

Kaibs
Bull to the shit. The guys in the room where Riggs was were more spaced out, had far more opportunities to fire.

Riggs disarmed them, one by one, snapped necks, use human shields, and turned their weapons back on them. Sent Mcallister and Joshua runnin' like bitches!!!!!!!!!!!! eek!

"WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO'S ****IN NEXT!!!!! MCALLISTER!!!!!!!"

smokin'

Mac's lift feat? Luck, no skill whatsoever.

I hate it when you discredit McClane's feats. The fact is whether you're willing to admit it or not is that they are tremendous feats. Sure parts of The McClane Factor has something to do with it, but that's what makes McClane so much better than Riggs anyways.

Sadako of Girth
I hate it when you discredit McClane's feats. The fact is whether you're willing to admit it or not is that they are tremendous feats. Sure parts of The McClane Factor has something to do with it, but that's what makes McClane so much better than Riggs anyways.

yes Yesssss....to Kaibsiwan you listen!

Rogue Jedi
I hate it when you discredit McClane's feats. The fact is whether you're willing to admit it or not is that they are tremendous feats. Sure parts of The McClane Factor has something to do with it, but that's what makes McClane so much better than Riggs anyways. Discrediting how? Bottom line: Riggs is a better H2H combatant than Mac is. Doesn't matter if you don't like it, just accept it and move on.

Also, Riggs can match McClane feat fot feat.

On screen feats, mister.
The DH goons often did better on screen. Nah, they all fell like dominos.

steverules_2

When was this?

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by steverules_2
When was this? In his wet dreams.

steverules_2
...not exactly the answer I was looking for

Sadako of Girth
When was this?

Die Hard 3 - The elevator scene.

BruceSkywalker
i need to rewatch the die hard franchise big grin

Kaibs
i need to rewatch the die hard franchise big grin

YES YOU SHOULD! big grin

steverules_2
Die Hard 3 - The elevator scene.

I literally don't remember it haermm

Sadako of Girth
The sign that a McViewing is in order.

May I recommend the Blu-ray versions of Die Hard 1 on Xmas eve? stick out tongue
Likewise.. Die Hard 2 airport occurance is 20 years old this Christmas too.

Rogue Jedi
They shoulda kept all the DH movies at Christmas.

Sadako of Girth
Nah that would have been predictable/unrealistic.

I liked that the LW movies went away from the Xmas theme after LW1 too.

Die Hard: 2 movies
Lethal Weapon: 1 movie

DH wins 'The Xmas faceoff'. stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
Yeah, bit coincidental.

Sadako of Girth
Well to be fair LW got their first by three years.

I'll be watching both Xmas week.

Rogue Jedi
Yeah, I'm still doing the DH marathon at Christmas you turned me onto a coupla years back. I follow it up on New years with a LW marathon, while the Christmas feel is still in the air.

Sadako of Girth
Cool beans..
All xmas soundtracks should be by Michael Kamen. stick out tongue

The constant jingling of the bells in the backgorund just enhances the warmth and frivolity in the Gunfire, blood, Neck breakings, knee shootings, and prostitutes and German Masterminds falling from tall buildings.

Rogue Jedi
Decapitation by surfboard is a recent fave of mine.

Sadako of Girth
Wasn't very Xmassy though, was it...? stick out tongue

Very 'Summer', I'll give you that..... but not very Rudolph and frosty.

Rogue Jedi
It was a grisly kill, that's all. Ranks right up there with Mac bisecting dude in DH3 with the truck cable.

Sadako of Girth
Sure. When viewed that way it was a classic.

steverules_2
I would watch all LW movies but...I don't like LW3 too much nor LW4, rigg's hair was as awesome in LW4 stick out tongue

Sadako of Girth
1 and 2 are definitely the best

steverules_2
Mel Gibson, Danny Glover, and Richard Donner have all stated that LW2 is their favorite film of the Lethal Weapon series

BruceSkywalker
I would watch all LW movies but...I don't like LW3 too much nor LW4, rigg's hair was as awesome in LW4 stick out tongue

the only drawback i have had about LW4 was that Jet Li should have been in it more

Rogue Jedi
Indeed.

Sadako of Girth
the only drawback i have had about LW4 was that Jet Li should have been in it more

Riggs and Murtaugh wouldn't have survived another 5 mins of the guy's screentime. stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
5 more minutes of a dead asian floating around?

dadudemon
5 more minutes of a dead asian floating around?

It took me a bit before I got what you were doing there. But, when I got it...

laughing laughing

Rogue Jedi
shifty It's not like Riggs woulda drowned, dude can grow gills behind his ears whenever he wants.

Sadako of Girth
He can do that whilst downing vodka, maybe.. shifty

If LW4 had been a McClane movie, the final 45 mins would've been end credits.

BruceSkywalker
Riggs and Murtaugh wouldn't have survived another 5 mins of the guy's screentime. stick out tongue

true that

Rogue Jedi
54MDKe5zOKU&feature=related

stick out tongue

Sadako of Girth
true that

Yeppalutely

Rogue Jedi
Finally saw Punisher WZ. Rambo would rape these three in the forest/jungle.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.