Respect The McClane Factor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kaibs
The McClane Factor.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a51/Kaibs/bruce-willis-on-john-mcclane.jpg

What is it? How does it work? Is it something that anyone can actually attain? All of these answers in more are before us below.

With the combination of John McClane's itchy trigger finger, and his never say die spirit he has survived 4 movies and has displayed an array of unbelievable feats that usually no other man would be able to accomplish. Which leads us into our first definition.

The McClane Factor - A nigh unexplainable set of events or motions set forth by John McClane, where improbable shit blows up and where villains die in situations where they always have the upper hand.

Not only has he Luck and Dumb luck power (see below) The McClane Factor also includes the Hard Target subskills, showing that he has more HPs than usual in his genre of character. He also displays courage that propels him into doing things that put him in situations that make the impossible, possible.

With his high Initiative and common sense (he's also very good at diving for cover), MacClane will often lay back in a firefight, only firing short bursts as he crawl and dive from cover to cover.

While The McClane Factor can only be used by John McClane himself, others have experienced a boost in courage and fighting prowess while being around McClane.

His daughter Lucy displayed such showings when at the end of Die Hard 4.0 she grabs a gun and shoots the person who is holding her and attempts to slide a gun to her father. She even helps her father out: when Gabriel tells her to talk her father down, she uses the opportunity to tell him there are five bad guys left and later insists he'll save her, which he does.

The people that help him out throughout his movies also usually get affected by The McClane Factor.

McClane's Luck - McClane's ability to survive explosions, firefights, crashes and other hazards that borders on the improbable. Another trait of his luck is McClane's Dumb Luck. Where he always has the pleasure of finding himself in situations where he is usually out maned, out gunned, and where his family is in danger. Although these events usually set forth in motion where McClane's cosmic GOOD luck takes over and guides him to victory.

Between the overall McClane Factor and the Luck of McClane he is able to do things that no ordinary hero would be able to accomplish. Some examples are seen below.

4tcwjlCOgEU

Die Hard 4.0 McClane destroys a helicopter. McClane also shows shows The Luck of McClane.

T9oEDr0j9gg

Die Hard 2 McClane single handed destroys a plane and all of the bad guys on it.

f_H6Ng8bWCk

Die Hard 1 McClane shows The McClane factor and his luck also in various scenes. (Sorry about the music)

Youtube sucks ass in finding John McClane movie action due to copyright issues. I will add more as I find more.

Fin

Rogue Jedi
There's already a McClane thread here.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=518306&pagenumber=1

Kaibs
This is not about McClane as a whole. This is about his Luck and his overall Factor. Not to mention most of your thread is polluted with random shit.

Rogue Jedi
No, just saying. Carry on. Don't be surprised if this is closed.

Kaibs
Yeah that's fine, but it shouldn't be. As this is strictly talking about his luck and factor, and not about him as a person. Although you should totally redo his respect thread intro.

Rogue Jedi
Nah, it's perfect. Hell I might as well make a thread about Riggs' mullet.

Robtard
LolZ, well done thread.

Kaibs
Originally posted by Robtard
LolZ, well done thread.

*salute*

Kaibs
I still can't find any other good places to show the Factor. I might have to upload the damn movies myself and sort through them.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Kaibs
This is not about McClane as a whole. This is about his Luck and his overall Factor. Not to mention most of your thread is polluted with random shit.

Yup. Great thread the McLuck factor is almost its own entity and therefore deserves this thread, IMO.

Sadako of Girth
LolZ, well done thread.

Seconded.

Kaibs
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
Yup. Great thread the McLuck factor is almost its own entity and therefore deserves this thread, IMO.

It is it's own Entity. It envelops The Force, Harry Potter Magic, and The One Ring To Rule Them All.

Kaibs
Seconded.

/salute.

Sadako of Girth
It is it's own Entity. It envelops The Force, Harry Potter Magic, and The One Ring To Rule Them All.

Hahhahahaha With the combined carnage of all of 'em.

Rogue Jedi
What was Mac's single greatest feat of luck? I'd say the F-35.

Kaibs
That's a good question. I'd say it's very up in the air. But probably either him destroying everyone in a matter of 10 minutes in Die Hard 2, Not falling to his demise in the elevator shaft in Die Hard 4, the tunnel in Die Hard 4, or the Fighter Jet in Die Hard 4.

Robtard
Don't know, but not everything is luck, much of it is ingenuity even though it might appear as luck.

This is likely a question for Deep Thought, the stupendous super computer, though I'm not sure if any of us will be around in seven-and-a-half million years for the answer.

Kaibs
Don't know, but not everything is luck, much of it is ingenuity even though it might appear as luck.

This is likely a question for Deep Thought, the stupendous super computer, though I'm not sure if any of us will be around in seven-and-a-half million years for the answer.

McClane will be though.

Rogue Jedi
The fire hose stunt comes to mind.

Robtard
McClane will be though.

and that's all that really matters.

Kaibs
^ True that. Bruce said he's going to do 6 total Die Hard movies so there's 2 more to go. I hope he knocks a UFO out of the sky with a rock.

Rogue Jedi
6? Thin ice, man.

Sadako of Girth
For Riggs? yeah, It would be.... (Being too "old for this shit" back in LW3)

But as you can see by Die Hard 4.0, McCalne could easily do another few movies.

Cheers up though. LW 5 could happen still.

It could be set in an old folks home. Riggs is investigating why Roger keeps waking up with gown off and his ass bleeding every morning*, when he stumbles on his zimmerframe trying to arrest a Jewish nurse who he blames for the cause of all wars.. after breaking his hip he investigates from his bed and Murtaugh swatting off Rigg's various assailants with his crutches/throws bedpans at them.

On the subject of thin, whilst you're at it.....explain the Lethal Weapon "Thin joke".

* Plot spoiler: It was Riggs all along. But neither Riggs or Murtaugh cant remember the midnight buttlove due to meds and dementia.

Rogue Jedi
Mhm. Even though Riggs and Mac are roughly the same age through their movies.

Sadako of Girth
Yet McClane, being genuinely better than Riggs, is able to kick ass well over a decade after Riggs got "too old for this shit".

bCoHQxBm2Tk

0mega Spawn
the mcclane factor is just like the scooby doo factor something always around to stop his enemies -_-

Sadako of Girth
DgbNrZYHTn8

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
the mcclane factor is just like the scooby doo factor something always around to stop his enemies -_-

Yep. McClane's bullets usually.

Sadako of Girth
McCreepy...

HpxWEsYF_Qc

Sadako of Girth
mKVfuUW80zY

Rogue Jedi
Yet McClane, being genuinely better than Riggs, is able to kick ass well over a decade after Riggs got "too old for this shit".

bCoHQxBm2Tk

Mac was born August 11, 1957. Riggs was born October 16, 1950.

DH: 31 years old.
DH2: 33 years old.
DH3: 38 years old.
DH4: 50 years old.

LW: 37 years old.
LW2: 39 years old.
LW3: 42 years old.
L24: 48 years old.

Mac and Riggs are close to the same age throughout their movies.

Also, Riggs had better movie 4 feats.
big grin big grin

Sadako of Girth
"Too old for this shit."

Riggs said it: Screen feat, by your standards.

And lets face it, the rest of his screen time attested well to that assessment.

Riggs couldnt even get past a lazy jab and got his ass beat by Jet Li, Jack Travis and Jack Travis' Nan, Mrs.Travis...

McClane was putting crown victorias up Helicoptor pilots' asses and was modifying the sphincter size of military jets, trucks and freeways.

Kaibs

Don't compare The McClane Factor to something as stupid as toonforce actions. And Scooby Doo is hardly the reason the gang ever solves cases anyways. It's usually thanks to Fred and Vilma's traps and intelligence.

Kaibs
"Too old for this shit."

Riggs said it: Screen feat, by your standards.

And lets face it, the rest of his screen time attested well to that assessment.

Riggs couldnt even get past a lazy jab and got his ass beat by Jet Li, Jack Travis and Jack Travis' Nan, Mrs.Travis...

McClane was putting crown victorias up Helicoptor pilots' asses and was modifying the sphincter size of military jets, trucks and freeways.

QFT

0mega Spawn
Don't compare The McClane Factor to something as stupid as toonforce actions. And Scooby Doo is hardly the reason the gang ever solves cases anyways. It's usually thanks to Fred and Vilma's traps and intelligence. i compared it to toonfore because to me thats exactly what it is in scooby doo the plan always fail thus leaving scooby doo setting off some sort of chain reaction making an object fall on the bad guy just like mcclane only explosions always occur with mcclane

Kaibs
i compared it to toonfore because to me thats exactly what it is in scooby doo the plan always fail thus leaving scooby doo setting off some sort of chain reaction making an object fall on the bad guy just like mcclane only explosions always occur with mcclane

Eh...the plans usually always happen in the end no matter what. I'm referring to the old Scooby Doo by the way. I have no idea what happens in the new ones. Usually in the old ones I recall the "final" trap always working regardless if Shaggy and Scooby really did anything or not.

Rogue Jedi
"Too old for this shit."

Riggs said it: Screen feat, by your standards.And yet he won the day, as usual.

Mhm. You mean when he took on four asians in Murtaughs house an kicked their asses? (A feat Mac could never hope to replicate.)

Yet he killed them. Hmm.

See, Mac HAS to resort to such measures. Why? Because what he fails to accomplish with his h2h or guns, Riggs does daily.

You see, Riggs is better than Mac. In every possible way, except maybe mass destruction, and luck. Riggs doesn't need luck. Superior skills>>>>luck, all day every day.

Sadako of Girth
Nope. He and his husband Murtaugh won the day. BIG difference.

McClane routinely takes out groups of assassins. This is obvious to anyone who has seen the die hard movies.

Oh so NOW you accept that logic? Flip Flopper. Besides Riggs AND MURTAUGH killed them.

No, McClane was being both creative and timesaving (Two things Riggs is bad at) with is for the win.

(Your hypothesis has been shown to be weak and for the fail. McTriumph for the man from New Jersey.)

Rogue Jedi
Nope. He and his husband Murtaugh won the day. BIG difference.

McClane routinely takes out groups of assassins. This is obvious to anyone who has seen the die hard movies.

Oh so NOW you accept that logic? Flip Flopper. Besides Riggs AND MURTAUGH killed them.

No, McClane was being both creative and timesaving (Two things Riggs is bad at) with is for the win.

(Your hypothesis has been shown to be weak and for the fail. McTriumph for the man from New Jersey.)

Mac wins the day with outside assistance. Every time yes

Just accept it. Mac resorts to such destructive because he HAS to. He lacks Riggs? He does what Mac does, only quicker and with greater efficiency.

Shall I name off a few instances that prove this?

Kaibs
Riggs has had WAY more efficient help than McClane man. You know it, as well as I do.

Rogue Jedi
Riggs has had WAY more efficient help than McClane man. You know it, as well as I do. haermm No, man, Murtaugh wasn't there "holding his hand" as the Mac fangirls like to say.

In LW1: Riggs entered the room unarmed, killing 5 armed men, all on his own. Murtaugh was tied up.

In LW2: During the raid on the Alba Varden, Riggs and Murtaugh were on opposite ends of the boat. Murtaugh only came around when the S. African guy ran outta ammo.

Riggs also escaped the underwater trap and killed two men h2h, all the while having his shoulder dislocated.

In LW3: Riggs took on 4 guys in the garage all on his own. Beat them all. Lorna was no help, she was busy taking on her own group of opponents.

In LW4: Riggs took on 4-5 asian Triads in Murtaugh's home, beat their asses down. All on his own.

Just a few examples wink Examples that McClane, on his best day, can come nowhere close to replicating. Tell ya what, you tell a McClane feat that Riggs cannot replicate. Go ahead, make something up.

On the flip side, Riggs has shown that he can do the mass destruction thing just as good as Mac can. Thing is, Riggs doesn't have to because he's that much better. McClane, lacking Riggs skill, HAS to resort to such destructive methods. Anything Mac can do, Riggs can do. And better.

Sadako of Girth
Riggs has had WAY more efficient help than McClane man. You know it, as well as I do.

FTW

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
haermm No, man, Murtaugh wasn't there "holding his hand" as the Mac fangirls like to say.

In LW1: Riggs entered the room unarmed, killing 5 armed men, all on his own. Murtaugh was tied up.

In LW2: During the raid on the Alba Varden, Riggs and Murtaugh were on opposite ends of the boat. Murtaugh only came around when the S. African guy ran outta ammo.

Riggs also escaped the underwater trap and killed two men h2h, all the while having his shoulder dislocated.

In LW3: Riggs took on 4 guys in the garage all on his own. Beat them all. Lorna was no help, she was busy taking on her own group of opponents.

In LW4: Riggs took on 4-5 asian Triads in Murtaugh's home, beat their asses down. All on his own.

Just a few examples wink Examples that McClane, on his best day, can come nowhere close to replicating. Tell ya what, you tell a McClane feat that Riggs cannot replicate. Go ahead, make something up.

On the flip side, Riggs has shown that he can do the mass destruction thing just as good as Mac can. Thing is, Riggs doesn't have to because he's that much better. McClane, lacking Riggs skill, HAS to resort to such destructive methods. Anything Mac can do, Riggs can do. And better.

fLrpBLDWyCI

McClane worked ALL his fights out alone. except for when Al shot a guy and Matthew took out a goon.

This knocks your cited feats into a very, very silly looking oblivion.

Rogue Jedi
fLrpBLDWyCI

McClane worked ALL his fights out alone. except for when Al shot a guy and Matthew took out a goon.

This knocks your cited feats into a very, very silly looking oblivion.

Name a McClane feat. Go ahead, I dare you.

Sadako of Girth
Feat of what?

Rogue Jedi
Name a McClane feat that sticks out.

Blowing up the Jet, killing he chopper, etc; I'll name a Riggs feat that at the very least matches it.

Sadako of Girth
Oh right... I Getcha.

Well heres three:

Saving all but two of the hostages in the Nakatomi towers.
Solo.

Wiping out 15 pentagon trained mercs in 5 seconds.
Solo.

Defeated 4 different criminal masterminds.
Mostly solo.

Rogue Jedi
Oh right... I Getcha. No, you don't. individual feats, not entire movie feats. The second is acceptable.

An unarmed Riggs killed 5 armed men in ten seconds with his bare hands. Much more impressive in terms of level of skill.

Sadako of Girth
Silly difference splitting. Your point is McPwned. Just admit it and move on to trolling some other respect thread.

Woulda been skill if they were all of McClane calibre.
They were all standard goon grade, which renders that quite unimpressive.
(Notice how he didn't get away with that against Busey)

Rogue Jedi
Silly difference splitting. Your point is McPwned. Just admit it and move on to trolling some other respect thread.

Woulda been skill if they were all of McClane calibre.
They were all standard goon grade, which renders that quite unimpressive.
(Notice how he didn't get away with that against Busey)

McClane caliber? You mean someone who sucks ass h2h? K.

Bullshit. Mac resorts to such destructive methods because he has to, because he lacks Riggs skill. Riggs would cleared that plane with an MP-5 and his Beretta.

So, next feat? Had enough yet?

Sadako of Girth
He doesn't suck ass.

He brawls. No chop-socky-kicky-faggotry (or rarely any, at least) from McClane....and it gets results.

Of being right? Nope that rarely gets old.

Rogue Jedi
He doesn't suck ass.

He brawls. No chop-socky-kicky-faggotry (or rarely any, at least) from McClane....and it gets results.

Of being right? Nope that rarely gets old.

Yes, he does. Fact.

He brawls and loses, has to come back with an SUV to win. Fact.

So. Next feat?

Sadako of Girth
Nope. He doesn't. Screen feats only. Or else we'll have to speculate about how much ass-to-mouth Riggs was possibly subjected to as part of his torture on LW1 in moments where they cut to what the other guys're doing. stick out tongue

He brawls, wins most then ensures the deaths of everyone after anyways.
Facty McFact: Winner of Fact of the year from 1988 til present, acknowledged by Philip Fact, The Dean at the Fact university, Factville, in the Tri-Fact-district of Factanois.

Next feat: Constant endurance of pressure waves from explosions that would break them skellingtons of regular humans.

Rogue Jedi
Nope. He doesn't. Compared to Riggs, in terms of skill, he does.

And if it goes to the ground (which most real life fights do), Riggs wins. He has a ground game, Mac doesn't.

Fail. Fail is acknowledged by Michael McFail, CEO of WIN enterprises.

It took a bayonet through the thigh, half a dozen kicks to the face, and 6 .44's to the lung to put Riggs down. It took two bullets to the shoulder to put Mac down. Questions?

Sadako of Girth
Skill at what...?

He does. McClanes grappling game is vicious, less "techniquey" but effective.

Michael Fail was fired and replaced by you in during your last lines of argument, Im afraid. His kids'll go hungry this xmas because of you.
How do you feel... Xmas ruiner...? laughing out loud
Facty McFact(STILL Winner of Fact of the year from 1988 til present, acknowledged by Philip Fact, The Dean at the Fact university, Factville, in the Tri-Fact-district of Factanois) is still quite correct.
lolz

Yeah a question: Why'd you leave all the times that Rodge saves him in that list...? stick out tongue

Riggs was WAY more f**ked up than McClane was.
(Rightly so too, given the injuries, but to make like McClane was corpsed is just silly)

Rogue Jedi
Skill at what...?

He does. McClanes grappling game is vicious, less "techniquey" but effective. Yeah, that's why Mac is always getting his ass kicked.

Mac had his life saved twice. Once by Al, once by Farrell. Riggs had his life saved twice by Rog.

Relevant?

Sadako of Girth
Its all a part of the winning process for McClane.
Riggs, however just gets his ass kicked all up and down the street 'til Rogeywodge saves him (or the wife does).

Twice in a whole quadrilogy wow. In LW it was Riggs getting saved by every mofo in LA, especially Roger (and the wife).

Yes it is. If you have to ask... smile

Rogue Jedi
crylaugh What a crock of shit!!!

Here, time to end this:

hzh7RbH6c1o

Now, before I proceed, let me just say that McClane besting a chopper with a car is impressive. He destroyed the chopper, but all that really matters is that he defeated it.

K......Riggs is in his trailer shagging Rika. The attack choppers are coming, TWO of them. He escapes the trailer even as they shoot it full of holes. Rika makes her way to his truck.

Riggs goes stealth, uses a S. African as a human shield, takes his machine gun and caps another.

Riggs disappears, emerges on top of his ruined trailer, caps two more S. Africans, then caps the pilot inside chopper number one. Chopper number two shows up, Riggs takes off, sprints to his truck.

Riggs and Rika are escaping in his truck, chopper number two in hot pursuit, pelting Riggs with automatic fire.

Riggs, pissed at this, stops the truck and unloads his Beretta on chopper number two. He caps the shooter and forces the second chopper to flee.

Murtaugh was nowhere to be found. He was at home, being attacked by two other S. Africans. "Nailed 'em both."

So.....Riggs took on TWO attack choppers. He defeated one with a machine gun. He defeated the second with a Beretta. AND he kept his vehicle intact, he got to drive away!!!! Mac? He was unable to defeat a chopper, ONE chopper, with his handgun.

See, remember when I said that Mac has to resort to such destructive methods because he lacks Riggs' skill? This is indisputable proof of this.

big grin

Soooooooooooooooooo.......In closing........................Anything Mac can do Riggs can do better. Riggs can do anything better than Mac.

Yes he can........

YES HE CAN........

YES HE CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!

Rogue Jedi
Waiting for someone to say "ZOMG Mac took a chopper with a snub nose .38!!!"

That was one chopper, and it was the power line Mac shot. Riggs took out TWO choppers in ONE sitting, AND had no power lines to work with. TWO choppers, BOTH of them spewing forth automatic death, and Riggs defeated them both!!!!! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

So.........As I said..........Anything Mac can do Riggs can do better. Riggs can do anything better than Mac.

Yes he can........

YES HE CAN........

YES HE CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!

Kaibs
Dude. This is a thread that respects the McClane factor. If you want to make a respect Riggs thread do it. But stop polluting this thread with your talk of Riggs. Respect the thread for what it is, not what you want it to be.

Rogue Jedi
Dude. This is a thread that respects the McClane factor. If you want to make a respect Riggs thread do it. But stop polluting this thread with your talk of Riggs. Respect the thread for what it is, not what you want it to be.

Read the thread, your boy sadako brought Riggs into this thread:

For Riggs? yeah, It would be.... (Being too "old for this shit" back in LW3)

But as you can see by Die Hard 4.0, McCalne could easily do another few movies.

Cheers up though. LW 5 could happen still.

It could be set in an old folks home. Riggs is investigating why Roger keeps waking up with gown off and his ass bleeding every morning*, when he stumbles on his zimmerframe trying to arrest a Jewish nurse who he blames for the cause of all wars.. after breaking his hip he investigates from his bed and Murtaugh swatting off Rigg's various assailants with his crutches/throws bedpans at them.

On the subject of thin, whilst you're at it.....explain the Lethal Weapon "Thin joke".

* Plot spoiler: It was Riggs all along. But neither Riggs or Murtaugh cant remember the midnight buttlove due to meds and dementia.

I was going with the thread, he brought Riggs in to it, I'm just going with it.

K? big grin It's OK, I get it, can't handle the truth, I gotcha. wink

Kaibs
No, I'll ask him to stop as well. Meaning stop being ignorant and doing something stupid out of your own beef with Sadako.

Rogue Jedi
No, I'll ask him to stop as well. Meaning stop being ignorant and doing something stupid out of your own beef with Sadako. Beef? What beef? It's all out of good fun, you know. He and I have been at it for ages on this topic. It's nothing personal, just fun, you know?

Kaibs
Nah I feel you man, but it's just getting way off the point of the thread to begin with. You guys should make a respect thread for both of them, then you can go back and forth like that on it. I'd probably even help. But it's just like someone posting random shit about Jason Vorhees in the Michael Myers respect thread you know? And I know you guys aren't beefing I'm just speaking in generalities.

Rogue Jedi
Yeah, well, like I say. All in good fun. Funny that you called me out on it and said nothing to him when he was the instigator shifty

Kaibs
Well I only started to notice you spamming the shit out of it with Riggs feats. Like I said I'll ask him to stop too.

Rogue Jedi
Hey, if he ceases, I'll follow suit.

Sadako of Girth
I was simply having to defend McClane in his own respect thread.

Kaibs
Oh Sadako you know you have my <3.

Haha.

Sadako of Girth
stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
I was simply having to defend McClane in his own respect thread. But there was no need to.

Impediment
I totally understand that Kaibs want to have McClane's "Luck Factor" as a stand out, but if I allow this to stay open, that would give leeway for similar threads like, I dunno, "Respect Angelina Jolie's luscious assh*ole" or "Respect Marky Mark's Fake Penis from Boogie Nights".

Rogue Jedi
I had "Jessica Biel's fantastic ass" in mind.

Kaibs
Originally posted by Impediment
I totally understand that Kaibs want to have McClane's "Luck Factor" as a stand out, but if I allow this to stay open, that would give leeway for similar threads like, I dunno, "Respect Angelina Jolie's luscious assh*ole" or "Respect Marky Mark's Fake Penis from Boogie Nights".

Yes, but Jolie's luscious ******* hasn't made her survive 4 Die Hard movies, where The McClane Factor has helped America's favorite cop make the impossible, possible!

As for Dirgk Diggler well he went on a slope of decline once he went away from Burt, so he didn't have a factor. If anyone was his McClane Factor it was Burt, not his penis.

Rogue Jedi
"Respect the Force"...."Respect the Matrix"....."Respect the TIE fighter".......

Movie "Character" Respect Forum.

Sadako of Girth
Yes. We established early on in the thread that The McClane Factor is its own freakish entity as thusly deserved of its own unique thread, RJ.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Impediment

Imp I totally support this as a stand alone thread.

A unique thread for a completely unique entity.
No Fake penis tributes in mind. wink

(And we'll even begrudgingly forgoe the Angelina Jolie ass thread...)

Scout's honour.

(I wasn't a scout myself, so naturally I murdered one and borrowed their honour for this pledge)

Rogue Jedi
Yes. We established early on in the thread that The McClane Factor is its own freakish entity as thusly deserved of its own unique thread, RJ. Let the insanity begin, then.

Sadako of Girth
Why...what are you starting...?

*Sees Hartigan's pants thread.*

Oh.

Lord Shadow Z
Yes. We established early on in the thread that The McClane Factor is its own freakish entity as thusly deserved of its own unique thread, RJ.

How so? You could claim that all action heroes have the good fortune to survive implausible situations, not just McClane.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
How so? You could claim that all action heroes have the good fortune to survive implausible situations, not just McClane. Indeed. "Luck" is not a movie character.

Sadako of Girth
Is so.

"Lady" Luck Cloverupherass - being the full name.

Look at it like the opposite number to "Death" in the Final Destination Movies.

Rogue Jedi
Nah.

Sadako of Girth
"Luck beeeeeeee a ladddddddddyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy toniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight."

Yes. Screenfeats.

Rogue Jedi
mmmmmmmmmm nah.

Lord Shadow Z
Is so.

"Lady" Luck Cloverupherass - being the full name.

Look at it like the opposite number to "Death" in the Final Destination Movies.

Then you would have to talk about it as a separate entity and not just specific to McClane. smile

Pig Newtons
I'm a Die Hard fan. Have been since day one. However, what really bothered me was how in Die Hard 2 John McClane goes hand to hand combat against US ARMY Green Berets, and beats them.

I know it's just a movie, but come on. Renny Harlin didn't do his research, because a "Beat Cop/Detective" is NOT going to beat a Green Beret/SF Operator in a hand to hand fight. At any time. Ever. Not even on a good day!

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Pig Newtons
I'm a Die Hard fan. Have been since day one. However, what really bothered me was how in Die Hard 2 John McClane goes hand to hand combat against US ARMY Green Berets, and beats them.

I know it's just a movie, but come on. Renny Harlin didn't do his research, because a "Beat Cop/Detective" is NOT going to beat a Green Beret/SF Operator in a hand to hand fight. At any time. Ever. Not even on a good day! This is where some would argue that Mac has military training.

Rogue Jedi
I ran across this. WIN.

http://www.grudge-match.com/History/mcclane-deathstar.shtml

Lord Shadow Z

I know it's just a movie, but come on. Renny Harlin didn't do his research, because a "Beat Cop/Detective" is NOT going to beat a Green Beret/SF Operator in a hand to hand fight. At any time. Ever. Not even on a good day!

To be fair though McClane never beats them up H2H, so pretty much all the fights have been correct. McClane gets beat up badly, finds an object or enviromental aid and wins. He defeated Major Grant, but the plane killed him.

Pig Newtons
This is where some would argue that Mac has military training.

I'm active US Army, trained and I have plenty of combat experience.

However........

I'm anything but a Green Beret/SF Operator. Those guys have a whole different echelon of training and experience. The DOD brings in the world's best hand to hand combatives instructors, knife fighting instructors and weapon experts, all to the tune of millions of dollars in money spent to train these crazy bastards. Facing one of those guys in hand to hand is SUICIDE. I've worked with them before, and I don't care if McClane was Infantry 20 years before the Dulles Airport takedown, he would go down with ease at the hand of a recent service-seperated Operator.

The bottom line is, it's just a movie, but I guess when you have insider knowledge of things, it becomes harder to suspend belief for the sake of entertainment.

Rogue Jedi
I'm active US Army, trained and I have plenty of combat experience.

However........

I'm anything but a Green Beret/SF Operator. Those guys have a whole different echelon of training and experience. The DOD brings in the world's best hand to hand combatives instructors, knife fighting instructors and weapon experts, all to the tune of millions of dollars in money spent to train these crazy bastards. Facing one of those guys in hand to hand is SUICIDE. I've worked with them before, and I don't care if McClane was Infantry 20 years before the Dulles Airport takedown, he would go down with ease at the hand of a recent service-seperated Operator.

The bottom line is, it's just a movie, but I guess when you have insider knowledge of things, it becomes harder to suspend belief for the sake of entertainment. Just sayin'.

Sadako of Girth
Just proves McClanes insane abilities further.

According to that, McClane beat SERIOUS motherfu*kas.

Just sayin'. stick out tongue

Rogue Jedi
Just watched DH4. Mac sliding down a downed freeway ramp as a Jet explodes behind him. EPIC.

Sadako of Girth
Indeed. Respect to the McClane factor. yes

Sadako of Girth
Then you would have to talk about it as a separate entity and not just specific to McClane. smile

Its symbiotic with McClane.

Rogue Jedi
Indeed. Respect to the McClane factor. yes I'll take skill over luck anyday. Sooner or later, luck runs out.

Sadako of Girth
I'll take skill over luck anyday. Sooner or later, luck runs out.

Well McClane has both.

Besides McLuck running out is not a screen feat.

Rogue Jedi
actually it was.

Sadako of Girth
Not really.........hence Die Hard 5 being made.

Rogue Jedi
Hasn't been viewed, has it? Nah.

Sadako of Girth
Here is someone who has had a McClane like survival feat in real life:

hYb35Qid51k

Rogue Jedi
Not really.

Rogue Jedi
Wait, correct. He had some mad Mac luck. Not a Mac feat though, I thought you meant that.

Sadako of Girth
Ah... laughing out loud

Sadako of Girth
Well another year passes through the colon of time.
Another Xmas eve in which the best action/xmas movie ever made gets rightful pride of place in the viewing schedule.

As Hans, Karl and the posse live again for one night of the year, ready to re wreak havoc at nakatomi plaza, we drink beer and prepare to laugh again as we look forward once again to Ellis getting shot in the face.

Yippeekiyay, motherfu**as.

Lord Shadow Z
Another Xmas eve in which the best action/xmas movie ever made gets rightful pride of place in the viewing schedule.

As Hans, Karl and the posse live again for one night of the year, ready to re wreak havoc at nakatomi plaza, we drink beer and prepare to laugh again as we look forward once again to Ellis getting shot in the face.

All hail McClane, and Die Hard that cleans the brief image/audio of Jingle All the Way yesterday from my tortured skull.

As for Ellis, well, what can do you do when you don't have the McClane Factor? Sadly, nothing it seems. Hopefully we'll see McClane sliding down the Kremlin soon with twin Uzis, wiping out Spetsnaz commandos or something.

Patient_Leech
Here is someone who has had a McClane like survival feat in real life:

hYb35Qid51k

Wow.

Hells yeah, I thoroughly enjoyed my Die Hard X-mas this year. Can someone refresh my memory cuz it's been a long time since I've seen them: are any of the Die Hard sequels set during a holiday of any sort? Christmas, New Years, Yom Kippur...? lol I really don't remember.

Sadako of Girth
DH2 was set on Christmas eve too.
DH3 was set in summer
DH4 was either the fall or spring, from the look of it.

All hail McClane, and Die Hard that cleans the brief image/audio of Jingle All the Way yesterday from my tortured skull.

As for Ellis, well, what can do you do when you don't have the McClane Factor? Sadly, nothing it seems. Hopefully we'll see McClane sliding down the Kremlin soon with twin Uzis, wiping out Spetsnaz commandos or something.

The horror....the horror...

Hahaha yeah as the Xmas eves go by, Ellis sure doesn't get any luckier/more bulletproof... his headwound sure looks moist in HD..

Yeah heres hoping... yes

Patient_Leech
Thanks, brah. I really wanna see the sequels again now. I wonder if they knew that they were making the greatest Christmas movie of all time when they were making the original Die Hard.. hm..

Sadako of Girth
Yeah Mcclane would absolutely murder George Bailey from "Its a Wonderful Life".

He wouldn't have a chance.

Die Hard 6 should be set on Bedford falls....just to reaffirm the xmassyness.

Robtard

I watched it too, couldn't finish as the kids were tired and we had to leave the inlaws. But it's a story I know well.

Sadako of Girth
Did you at least make it to Ellis getting capped?

Robtard

No sad

Sadako of Girth
OMG....

This entitles you to a special extended xmas licence to rewatch from the last point you were at...it covers you til 1st of Jan 2012. stick out tongue

Robtard
Thank you, Gov'na. I wasn't aware that this was within my legal rights.

Sadako of Girth
Few people know of this rare clause.

I regret not knowing about it in 2004.

I fell asleep drunk around 3/4 of the way in and thought that I'd blown my viewing for the year. If only I'd realised.....

Robtard

I fell asleep drunk around 3/4 of the way in and thought that I'd blown my viewing for the year. If only I'd realised.....

Fear not, if time-travel happens in our lifetime, this should be the first fix on your list. Xmas of 2004.

Sadako of Girth
Indeed. Other than that (I guess it still counts-ish) the run is unbroken back to 1990ish.

Patient_Leech

No sad

OMG....

This entitles you to a special extended xmas licence to rewatch from the last point you were at...it covers you til 1st of Jan 2012. stick out tongue

Thank you, Gov'na. I wasn't aware that this was within my legal rights.

laughing

Sadako of Girth
FRLwoMXaZHQ

Respect.

Sadako of Girth
XkddXWXexis

Scarlet Fox
PROPS FOR MCCLANE! AND HIS SON! =D

Robtard
Originally posted by Scarlet Fox
PROPS FOR MCCLANE! AND HIS SON! =D

thumb up

Kazenji
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/Ash_ED/321348_416788125065098_548136733_n_zpsc1876bb0.jpg

Sadako of Girth
Respect.

Kazenji
There's a few of those pictures for each of the movies.

Robtard
"19 characters with mustaches"

Kazenji
Bruce Willis made out of chocolate

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/02/yes-this-is-bruce-willis-made-out-of-chocolate/

Sadako of Girth
http://ewpopwatch.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/die-hard-2.jpg?w=480&h=711

The moustache count is 39 here...!

Kazenji
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/Ash_ED/die-hard-31_zps93ba2fe3.jpeg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v484/Ash_ED/841287_430038283740082_735901396_o_zpsbf7cba2e.jpg

Scarlet Fox
What about the Second movie?

Kazenji
Sadako posted that one.

Sadako of Girth
DN6feERzbo8

2KeMb8Sr8Lk

Robtard
McClane's improbability factor (aka The McClane Factor) seems capable of manipulating both space and time.

Can't say I'm shocked or surprised.

Sadako of Girth
Indeed. Any shock, for me, was very momentary and fleeting after having seen DH5.

Kazenji
McClane looks at the Ark Of The Covenant when its open meanwhile Bauer looks away.

Sadako of Girth
And McClane survives whilst the Ark melts/explodes.

Scarlet Fox
And McClane survives whilst the Ark melts/explodes.
PSH! Wrong!

..... McClane is just granted more amazing skill and can now kill a man just by glaring at him!

Sadako of Girth
I won't go quite that far.....but DH5 kinda turns him into someone only just lacking the "S" symbol and cape, in many of his feats...

The Fat Rambo
Shot in the shoulder, eh? Too bad six .44's to the lung trumps that.

Sadako of Girth
Well surviving DHs 1-5 are more impressive than getting simply being shot by a decrepit old guy then being ferried to hospital by a partner.

You're still not respecting the McClane here, I see...

The Fat Rambo
Wrong, you know I respect him. There's a difference between respect and worship though.

Sadako of Girth
Theres a difference between 'not worshipping' and 'disrespect' also and you're defintely into the latter band.. its because of your butthurt, isn't it.

The Fat Rambo
Lol, butthurt am I? Take a look in the mirror, Champ, you are the blackest pot I have ever seen.

Sadako of Girth
Nope. Thats your mirror. So of course it features someone like that.
Thats why your still trolling.

The Fat Rambo
Wait, I got it....."No, you!!!"

Sadako of Girth
A nod to your most sophisticated strategy.

The Fat Rambo
"No, you!!!"

Sadako of Girth
Well thats your repertoire exhausted, then...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>