morlun vs thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Castle
forum rules.....

Sr J-Bieb
Morlun breaks him like adamantium

King Castle
The "No PIS" Rule

PIS = Plot Induced Stupidity

At times, for the sake of the plot, characters that are immensely more powerful than their opponent will "job" to carry on the plot of the story, even though the characters powers and history would clearly show that they are more than capable of destroying their opponent. For this reason we have a No PIS Rule. This rule prohibits the use of such instances of PIS from being used as evidence in debates.

b/c Digi set so.. wink

Mindset
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by King Castle
The "No PIS" Rule

PIS = Plot Induced Stupidity

At times, for the sake of the plot, characters that are immensely more powerful than their opponent will "job" to carry on the plot of the story, even though the characters powers and history would clearly show that they are more than capable of destroying their opponent. For this reason we have a No PIS Rule. This rule prohibits the use of such instances of PIS from being used as evidence in debates.

b/c Digi set so.. wink So, you create a thread to bait people arguing for Morlun vs Wolverine (like what happens with all Wolverine related threads), and then you claim a rule somehow applies to Morlun's feat?

Someone so fond of the rules shouldn't create bait threads.

But ya, Morlun crushes him.

King Castle
this isnt a bait threat since Morlun has legitimate power to defeat Thing.

aside from the adamantium net

Digi
I don't know the context of whatever others threads have been mentioned, but don't quote me if it's aiding in baiting someone into a point or argument.

King Castle
you heard him blanket dont quote him.

and lets debate civilly

Sr J-Bieb
... did you just report me and then it ended up backhanding you in the face?

laughing out loud

Anyway, you just said Morlun has the power to defeat him. I think Morlun wins. There's nothing to debate right now.

King Castle
no, i didnt report you.. you dont bother me enough to merit such a response nor do you post personal attacks regularly enough to get me to.

Bentley
Thing thunderclaps his *ss. If that fails, then pounding, which would depend on Morlun's durability in which Thing would likely end up losing sad

Digi
... did you just report me and then it ended up backhanding you in the face?

I like popping into the v.s forum unannounced after weeks of absence. he just got unlucky.

Your sig, on the other hand, is backhanding your credibility in the face.

uhuh

Dum Dum Dugan
but not primary adamatium, so it really not all that impressive.......

when did one showing become the end all be all?

King Castle
didnt one of th emods recently post a quote from another Mod's ruling of one time feats being parred and only used if it at the very least bn use twice if not three time?

the adamantium feat would fall under this imo.

it was recently posted in the threads here.

Parmaniac
didnt one of th emods recently post a quote from another Mod's ruling of one time feats being parred and only used if it at the very least bn use twice if not three time?

it was recently posted in the threads here. Yeah cause Morlun has a shitload of appereances like Wolverine. The guy has how many appereances? 15?

Black bolt z

it was recently posted in the threads here. I have a quote from bada saying it should be at least three.But that most likely depends on his showings.Like morlun is in very few comics so he would have very few showings.Thus is you use that character the showings should be a go.Whereas if someone like thor has a one time feat(no feat in particular)and its never used again it should be used more to validate it due to thors immense amount of showings.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Yeah cause Morlun has a shitload of appereances like Wolverine. The guy has how many appereances? 15?
wolverine not in this debate. Just love how morlun breaking adamatium (which wa snot primary adamatium) now make shim capable of destroying thing.

Thing gets no respect.

Bentley
Originally posted by Dum Dum Dugan
wolverine not in this debate. Just love how morlun breaking adamatium (which wa snot primary adamatium) now make shim capable of destroying thing.

Thing gets no respect.

I respect Thing, I just don't dismiss good feats because I don't like them. And I seriously don't like this one against Thing sad

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Bentley
I respect Thing, I just don't dismiss good feats because I don't like them. And I seriously don't like this one against Thing sad
sorry when does one thing become the norm? hell that feat in it self is ambiguous, and there zero proof he even in Thing class le t alone superior. Honestly assidefrom that feat whats the strongest strength level he shown? think your jumping the gun,and if you honestly went over both characters appearances there no way you give morlun any type of large majority.

Kid Kurdy
Let's say Morlun is as strong as Thing, or nearly as strong as Thing. But who's more durable ?

I'd say definitely Morlun, based on his Black Panther appearance. And he can drain life force of anybody.

It won't be a stomp, but Morlun > Thing.

Bentley
sorry when does one thing become the norm? hell that feat in it self is ambiguous, and there zero proof he even in Thing class le t alone superior. Honestly assidefrom that feat whats the strongest strength level he shown? think your jumping the gun,and if you honestly went over both characters appearances there no way you give morlun any type of large majority.

The issue is, the Black Panther showing it's the most recent for Morlun. He could feasibly be boosted somehow, and current Morlun would be more powerful than Thing. If the OP said "Morlun from the Other arc" I would give it to Thing after a good fight.

SamZED
I honestly think this "must happen 3 times" rule a bit silly. Especially when it comes to characters with few appearance. So if some character bitchslapped Galactus into a coma we should assume he might still lose to Colossus because he didnt bitchslap Galactus 3 times? Morlun's strength limit was never shows. What we do know is - he was easilly slapping cars into the air, he overpowered Spider-man and now he ripped an adamantium net. Its safe to say he has the strength to hang with Thing and durability beyond Ben's.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by SamZED
I honestly think this "must happen 3 times" rule a bit silly. Especially when it comes to characters with few appearance. So if some character bitchslapped Galactus into a coma we should assume he might still lose to Colossus because he didnt bitchslap Galactus 3 times? Morlun's strength limit was never shows. What we do know is - he was easilly slapping cars into the air, he overpowered Spider-man and now he ripped an adamantium net. Its safe to say he has the strength to hang with Thing and durability beyond Ben's. And he wasn't beaten, he got BFRed into the realm of death.

SamZED
And he wasn't beaten, he got BFRed into the realm of death. That too. And Pete only managed to stop him because of the magical stingers.

YFZ 350
Thing.

Digi
Can someone link that supposed "3 times" rule? I just browsed the rules thread and I'm pretty sure it's not there. And I know I never added it, so unless it's hiding really sneakily in Bada/Pr's additions, you guys are referencing a non-existent forum rule.

King Castle
i just looked for the thread where Badabing qouted some CIP rule and then said that one time feats are not usable which ended with his "b/c stone cold said so" post.flex

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=541050&pagenumber=4

Digi
i just looked for the thread where Badabing qouted some CIP rule and then said that one time feats are not usable which ended with his "b/c stone cold said so" post.flex

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=541050&pagenumber=4

He did say as a "general" rule, meaning there's exceptions. And common sense would dictate that we can't throw out one-time feats for characters with limited appearances, or else they would have zero usable feats (or, probably a scandalous opinion, perhaps they just don't belong in vs. matches).

You have to be able to glean the context from a post just as much, if not more, than the words themselves.

King Castle
yeh, as soon as i made this post i kinda came to the opinion to no longer use characters with limited appearances..

i'm not very good at gleaning, either. embarrasment

i tried to once glean information from some one but it didnt work only made them feel uncomfortable and they asked why i was starin at them..

anyways.....

whats your opinion on this fight?

StiltmanFTW
Morlun easily.

carver9
Is this the spiderman morlun that we are talking about or is there another morlun?

Parmaniac
Spider-man / Black Panther Morlun

carver9
Spider-man / Black Panther Morlun

Ok... I can understand him beating thing... spiderman stated once that he can punch harder than the hulk but why in the world would you all think that he could beat wolvy with all of the advantages wolverine have in a fight against him? It takes more than just being super strong to beat wolverine and this has been shown with his fights against wwh, thor, thing, and sasquash.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by carver9
why in the world would you all think that he could beat wolvy with all of the advantages For example?

And just to be clear before anyone plays the bias card, we could add Spider-man, Black Panther to Wolverine's side and Morlun still stomps imo.

carver9
For example?

And just to be clear before anyone plays the bias card, we could add Spider-man, Black Panther to Wolverine's side and Morlun still stomps imo.

And that would be ridiculous. Just like I said before, far more powerful people struggled with wolverine in a melee. Wwh took on the entire xmen but when he faced wolverine he was getting carved up until he used the tactic of grabbing wolverine and doing repeated punches to the head. Then we have wolvy fight red hulk and red hulk was getting carved up and had to rely on bfring wolverine because wolverine had the physical advantage.

Is there something showing that he is completely invulnerable to adamantium claws because if not... he is getting carved the f*** up since again, the only advantage morlun has in a fight against him is brute strength which ain't nothing wolverine hasn't faced his entire career.

Parmaniac
Morlun also heals incredible fast, has a concussive aura and life drain plus some very weird and exotic shit like "imprint touch track" and maybe some kind of cloak ability. I have no clue why you compare him with bricks only because he is very strong and durable too.

carver9
Morlun also heals incredible fast, has a concussive aura and life drain plus some very weird and exotic shit like "imprint touch track" and maybe some kind of cloak ability. I have no clue why you compare him with bricks only because he is very strong and durable too.

so he has feats of healing from being stabbed repeatadly or are you talking about him being burned up? Does he have feats that show him growing limbs back? He doesn't have 1 speed feat that would make me believe that he could prevent a blitz from wolvy. I agree with his durability... wolverine punches won't do a thing but wolverine will not be punching.

All of this is pretty much common sense. Yes, morlun can beat wolvy "if" he has the speed advantage, is a better fighter, has the durability to withstand claw swipes from wolverine, and can dodge EVERY attack from wolvy... to bad none of this is true.

I would give hulk the majority over wolverine... you want to know why... he has the healing factor to keep up with him... hell wolverine stabbed him straight through the heart and he was still fighting... now if you can show me one healing feat that would keep him in a fight against someone that is his physical superior (besides brute strength) then I would agree with you.

Parmaniac
so he has feats of healing from being stabbed repeatadly or are you talking about him being burned up?
http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/5224/healingfactorhealsrapid.th.jpg

He doesn't have 1 speed feat that would make me believe that he could prevent a blitz from wolvy.

Yeah except that he fought Spider-man constantly for like 2 issues.

All of this is pretty much common sense. Yes, morlun can beat wolvy "if" he has the speed advantage, is a better fighter, has the durability to withstand claw swipes from wolverine, and can dodge EVERY attack from wolvy... to bad none of this is true. facepalm

I would give hulk the majority over wolverine... you want to know why... he has the healing factor to keep up with him... hell wolverine stabbed him straight through the heart and he was still fighting... now if you can show me one healing feat that would keep him in a fight against someone that is his physical superior (besides brute strength) then I would agree with you. See scan no.1

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/7274/strengthtearsapartguard.th.jpg

He walks through a door and his aura completely bursts it. Take a look at all the burned/drained people on the ground and what he is capable of with 1 backhand swipe.

EDIT: To bad that we can't tell if the axe connected with Morluns skin.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by Digi
He did say as a "general" rule, meaning there's exceptions. And common sense would dictate that we can't throw out one-time feats for characters with limited appearances, or else they would have zero usable feats (or, probably a scandalous opinion, perhaps they just don't belong in vs. matches).

You have to be able to glean the context from a post just as much, if not more, than the words themselves. Especially when characters like Flash gets hit constantly by things he shouldn't. It has to have a limit. Or a percentage of sorts.

Dum Dum Dugan

http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/7274/strengthtearsapartguard.th.jpg

He walks through a door and his aura completely bursts it. Take a look at all the burned/drained people on the ground and what he is capable of with 1 backhand swipe.

EDIT: To bad that we can't tell if the axe connected with Morluns skin.

what about thta make shim superior to Thing?

Black bolt z
Originally posted by Digi
Can someone link that supposed "3 times" rule? I just browsed the rules thread and I'm pretty sure it's not there. And I know I never added it, so unless it's hiding really sneakily in Bada/Pr's additions, you guys are referencing a non-existent forum rule. I asked bada about it and he said that a character(with enough appearances)should have ato replicate the feat 3 times without and amps,artifacts etc...

StiltmanFTW
Morlun doesn't have nearly enough appearances and in the first arc he's been Ezekiel stated that he could tear through the titanium shelter with the adamantium core or something like that.

Parmaniac
what about thta make shim superior to Thing? I posted that feat more cause Carver talked like Morlun was nothing more than a new brick.

StiltmanFTW
Morlun is Spider-Man's Doomsday smile

carver9
From the scans that was presented it appears as if morlun grew in power...

carver9
what about thta make shim superior to Thing?

I always thought of him as being superior to thing from the get-go... now it seems like he got a major power boost. He is currently looking like a superman villian.

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Morlun is Spider-Man's Doomsday smile Man, that is a really good post. smile

Parmaniac
Morlun is Spider-Man's Doomsday smile I have no problem with that smile

I said before Morlun clearly became much much more than just a new Spider-man villain imo.

SamZED
Morlun is Spider-Man's Doomsday smile thumb up I always thought the same thing.

Dum Dum Dugan
I always thought of him as being superior to thing from the get-go... now it seems like he got a major power boost. He is currently looking like a superman villian.
Then you vastly underrate Thing. original Morlun should have been really no threat to Thing.

Even current Morlun feats from what has been shown, are things that any heavy hitter should be able to do.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.