Thanos vs Synnar (with a twist)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
This is Synnar before his body was hijacked, and he became nearly omniscient. Now before anyone calls this a stomp, or a spite thread just remember that Starfire compared Synnar to Darkseid, and Mongul, before he underwent the ritual that made him more powerful.

Under these stipulations, who would win?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Stoic
This is Synnar before his body was hijacked, and he became nearly omniscient. Now before anyone calls this a stomp, or a spite thread just remember that Starfire compared Synnar to Darkseid, and Mongul, before he underwent the ritual that made him more powerful.

Under these stipulations, who would win?
He crushed the JLA pre upgrade didn't he?

I'd give this to Synnar.

Gecko4lif
At his weakest Synnar takes 8/10 over thanos at his strongest

At his strongest Thanos doesnt even register to synnar as a being of interest much less a threat

Stoic
Originally posted by Gecko4lif
At his weakest Synnar takes 8/10 over thanos at his strongest

At his strongest Thanos doesnt even register to synnar as a being of interest much less a threat

But at Thanos' strongest (THOTU) Synnar's best is nothing as well... No?

Originally posted by Omega Vision
He crushed the JLA pre upgrade didn't he?

I'd give this to Synnar.

Despero crushed the JLA too though, and while the JLA is very powerful, not all of it's members are Superman, and even the ones that we may consider his peers, would also lack the power to take down Thanos. Wouldn't a non jobbing Darkseid, tear the JLA apart alone as well?

Omega Vision

Despero crushed the JLA too though, and while the JLA is very powerful, not all of it's members are Superman, and even the ones that we may consider his peers, would also lack the power to take down Thanos. Wouldn't a non jobbing Darkseid, tear the JLA apart alone as well?
It would depend on the lineup.

Gecko4lif

Synnar created infinite realities universes and dimensions. What did thanos do again?

Eat 1 universe?

Black bolt z
Synnar created infinite realities universes and dimensions. What did thanos do again?

Eat 1 universe? Was stomping LT?Yeah HOTU thanos would wtfspitestomp him strongest version.

-K-M-
The JLA Synnar was defeating consisted of Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern (Kyle), Martian Manhunter, Orion and Chief Max

Stoic

Eat 1 universe?

He consumed everything in existence. The only beings that remained in existence from what I understood was Death, and Warlock via an infinity gem. In essence I guess that all of the infinity beings (gems) also escaped being completely absorbed.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by -K-M-
The JLA Synnar was defeating consisted of Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern (Kyle), Martian Manhunter, Orion and Chief Max
Yeah I don't see Post Crisis Darkseid or Thanos defeating that.

Stoic
Originally posted by -K-M-

Despero trashed a more powerful JLA didn't he?

Black bolt z
He consumed everything in existence. The only beings that remained in existence from what I understood was Death, and Warlock via an infinity gem. In essence I guess that all of the infinity beings (gems) also escaped being completely absorbed. No he only consumed one universe or one multiverse.Not sure.Death and warlock survived because they weren't in his realm.

Omega Vision
Despero trashed a more powerful JLA didn't he?
Superman, Captain Marvel, Power Girl, Wonder Woman, and Hawkman.

So no. Synnar's JLA was better.

Stoic
Originally posted by Black bolt z
No he only consumed one universe or one multiverse.Not sure.Death and warlock survived because they weren't in his realm.

Death is everywhere, if anything Thanos made Death stronger. Warlock was inside of soul world, which meant that he was protected by the infinity gem, which should also mean that all of the other gems survived. I'll have to go back a re-read the last book, but I'm pretty sure that it states that he consumed everything in existence, and that there was none greater than he. It even went so far as to state that he had replaced God.

Stoic
Originally posted by Black bolt z
No he only consumed one universe or one multiverse.Not sure.Death and warlock survived because they weren't in his realm.

Yeah you're right, it did say the universe, and it also said that Warlock was in a different locale with Gamora. Does this somehow suggest, that if there were more Universes, that he would be unable to remove those as well?

Gecko4lif
Yeah you're right, it did say the universe, and it also said that Warlock was in a different locale with Gamora. Does this somehow suggest, that if there were more Universes, that he would be unable to remove those as well?
Warlock was in a simple pocket dimension

Synnar would whitewash the shit out of everything thanos did

Black bolt z
Yeah you're right, it did say the universe, and it also said that Warlock was in a different locale with Gamora. Does this somehow suggest, that if there were more Universes, that he would be unable to remove those as well? If he wanted to he could have.I'd imagine anyone that can stomp LT can do whatever the **** they want.he just absorbed his immediate universe/multiverse.

Bentley
Bump.

~The Wickerman~

Despero would've trashed most of Marvel Earth as well dude, he was an immensely powerful telepath, with extremely high durability who would literally just need to be able to look at you once and BOOM you're under his control fighting your fellow heroes.

guy222
synnar is thanos' big brother he wins

laughing out loud

Omega Vision
Synnar was also Starlin right?

That guy has an obsession with a certain character type...

Thanos, Mongul, High Lord Papal, and Synnar...

Sr J-Bieb
Synnar was also Starlin right?

That guy has an obsession with a certain character type...

Thanos, Mongul, High Lord Papal, and Synnar... Fartseid

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Fartseid
I'm just listing characters he's created.

But yeah, he also wrote Darkseid for a little while.

Bentley
He's actually very similar to Thanos in many ways. Less of a plotter though.

Batman-Prime
Synnar wins.

Allankles
Yeah I don't see Post Crisis Darkseid or Thanos defeating that.

It depends on what version of Post Crisis DS. Early Post Crisis DS one shotted a team comprised of that line up, (I don't remember if the GL was Alan Scott I'd have to go back and read it).

Sr J-Bieb
Originally posted by Allankles
It depends on what version of Post Crisis DS. Early Post Crisis DS one shotted a team comprised of that line up, (I don't remember if the GL was Alan Scott I'd have to go back and read it). Scans scans scans

Allankles
Checkout the Superpowers event, it's all in there. I don't have the scans on me (i'm using a portable), they're on another PC i don't have access to atm. He also surprised Flash in that same story arc (Superpowers) with his speed, before knocking him out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.