(All ROTS) Anakin vs Mace Windu & Darth Tyranus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MindTricker
(I used the search tool, sorry if this match was already made)

As already explained on the title, they're all at their ROTS forms.

This takes place inside the ship where Anakin and Obi fought Dooku.

This is 'Zone' Anakin.

1) Sabers
2) Force
3) All out

Slash_KMC
Mace alone would be more than a match for Anakin, combined with Dooku I'd say the duo takes this.

MindTricker
I agree that ROTS Anakin (LS or DS) wouldn't even be a match for Mace himself as you say, but don't you agree that Zone Anakin is much stronger than both those two forms?

Maybe I was wrong thinking that Zone Anakin easily defeated Dooku and would be a match for both Mace and Dooku together, I'll wait for some more opinions on this.

truejedi
Naw, Anakin got Dooku in a two-on one duel if I remember correctly.

ares834
I would argue 1n tHE Z0n3 Anakin could take either one fo them... But never both at once.

Jinsoku Takai
Anakin never "easily defeated Dooku". Had Dooku gone all out from the get go of their duel, he would have done much better. Now whether that means he would have prevailed or not, that's still up in the air, but he definitely would have gave Anakin (zone or not) hell.

Jinsoku Takai
And Mace Windu saber rapes any version of Anakin. The duo wins. Baaaaaaaacon!

truejedi
yeah, i don't think any version of Anakin besides the non-existent "anakin in his prime" is going to be able to touch windu.

Lord Lucien
Holy McF*ckwads is Anakin going down here.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Jinsoku Takai
Anakin never "easily defeated Dooku". Had Dooku gone all out from the get go of their duel, he would have done much better. Now whether that means he would have prevailed or not, that's still up in the air, but he definitely would have gave Anakin (zone or not) hell.

Nah read the novel.. There was nothing he could do against Zone Anakin. He was being badly overpowered. He even tried chucking something at him using the Force which Anakin "simply smashed aside"

Still hes gna last about 1-2 seconds against both Dooku and Mace. Those 2 could pretty much take anyone.

DARTH POWER
And Mace Windu saber rapes any version of Anakin.

I seriously doubt Anyone (including Yoda, Sidious, Mace) would Saber RAPE Anakin when he's "In the Zone"

Jinsoku Takai
No DP, as has been pointed out before, Dooku was holding back - ALOT -at the beginning of their duel - it was a "farce", remember? Had he gone full-out from the start, things might have turned out q u i t e differently. By the time Dooku decided to turn the heat up, it was too late. The fact that fatigue had set in and the fact that Anakin's "nuclear furnace" was burning hotter and hotter was the perfect storm for his downfall. Had Dooku gone all-out from the beginning, even against "zone Anakin", he might have (and in my personal opinion - WOULD HAVE) prevailed.

MindTricker
Alright I see now, I overestimated Zone Anakin, really thought he would at least give a fight before going down on this duel, but the consensus is that he'll go down hard.

At least now I know a bit more about Zone Anakin, always thought this form was very interesting.

DARTH POWER
No DP, as has been pointed out before, Dooku was holding back - ALOT-at the beginning of their duel - it was a "farce", remember?

And Anakin and Obi-wan were also holding back A LOT remember???

In fact even when Anakin was using his true form Dooku noticed Anakin had the gift of fury, but hadnt let loose with it. So Anakin upto that point was always holding back while fighting.

Had he gone full-out from the start, things might have turned out q u i t e differently.

Not if Anakin had been "in the Zone" right from the beginning. I used to beleive as well that Dooku could take Anakin one on one early in a fight, as Anakin takes time to get stronger and stronger.

However after seeing them fight in the CW movie it was made clear Dooku can not take Anakin out quickly. Anakin was almost a match for Dooku in Sabers, and even though Dooku was far better in the Force, Anakin could take his TK hits and get right back into the fighting before Dooku could finish him off(though just barely)..

But that was Anakin NOT being in the Zone. I like Dooku, but when Anakin is letting go of all his power, and keeping a clear mind, he's got more raw power at his diposal than any other Jedi, including Yoda.

ares834
No DP, as has been pointed out before, Dooku was holding back - ALOT -at the beginning of their duel - it was a "farce", remember? Had he gone full-out from the start, things might have turned out q u i t e differently. By the time Dooku decided to turn the heat up, it was too late. The fact that fatigue had set in and the fact that Anakin's "nuclear furnace" was burning hotter and hotter was the perfect storm for his downfall. Had Dooku gone all-out from the beginning, even against "zone Anakin", he might have (and in my personal opinion - WOULD HAVE) prevailed.
There is no reason to believe that Dooku was holding back ALOT at the beginning of the duel. Sure he was holding back but he was still knocked back on his feat by Kenobi and Skywalker. And in the end Anakin was holding back in the beginning as well. As for a refreshed Dooku beaing able to defeat Anakin... Hell no.
"Dooku's decades of combat experience are irrelevant. His mastery of swordplay is useless. His vast wealth, his political influence, impeccable breeding, immaculate manners, exquisite taste-the pursuits and points of pride to which he has devoted so much of his time and attention over the long, long years of his life-are now chains hung upon his spirit, bending his neck before the ax.

Even his knowledge of the Force has become a joke."

This quote clearly points out that everything Dooku has is irrelevant and would make no diffrence at all.

And Mace Windu saber rapes any version of Anakin.
Hell no. Dooku is Windu's equal in sabers and yet his mastery of it against Anakin was "useless". There is no way Mace Windu is easily defeating Anakin.

truejedi
Mace is also Sidious's equal?

How can he be Sidious's equal AND Dooku's equal when Sidious is superior to Dooku? That makes no sense.

Mace > Dooku.

Dooku was terrified of the same sidious that Mace beat remember?

Darth_Glentract
Anakin is raped. Either of these could beat him in a one on one duel.

Dooku did lose to Anakin, however, there's plenty of reasons to believe that Dooku is still the stronger of the two.

1. Dooku extended a lot of energy defeating Obi-wan. (I realize he doesn't appear visibly tired, but if you want to argue he removed Obi-wan with ease, that also doesn't bode well for Anakin, as Obi-wan equalled him).

2. There is good reason to believe that Dooku was tricked by Sidious into losing. Dooku believed he would be captured by Anakin and then pardoned by Sidious, allowing the two Sith to rule the Republic.

There's a lot of debate back and fourth, but I strongly believe Dooku is stronger than Anakin.

Lord Lucien
I'd put their "technical" skill with a lightsaber at a close range, but with Vaapad on his side, Mace holds a clear advantage over Dooku.

If Zonakin goes out against a no-holds dooku, I still feel that he'd emerge the victor over Dooku. I know TJ, that Dooku was tiring, but the sheer... ease and speed with which Anakin toppled and dismembered him is enough to convince me that if Anakin were in that state from the get-go, then even a fully comitted Dooku wouldn't survive.

truejedi
I agree. But Dooku isn't Mace. Mace is a whole different animal.

Lord Lucien
Oh, f*ck yeah. Craziness of Juyo ain't the elegance of Makashi. Plus Vaapad--Anakin's still got some fury in there.

ares834
Originally posted by truejedi

How can he be Sidious's equal AND Dooku's equal when Sidious is superior to Dooku? That makes no sense.

Mace > Dooku.

My bad. I meant to say equal technical skill. Vaapad's superconducting loop will give Mace the win.

DARTH POWER

Only in Sabers. Not in the Force. Dnt try to make them overall equals. Sidious is far more Powerful than Mace.

Sidious is far more powerful than either of them.

Mace > Dooku.

Im sure Mace would probably come out on top. But when they fought in obsession Dooku held his ground, and Dark Rendezvous called them equals in bladework. Mace would win due to Vapaad, but Dooku would give him hell first.

Thats the pyschological hold Sidious had over Dooku. Doesnt say anything about their abilities. But like I already said Sidious is more powerful than either of them.

truejedi
Obsession?

DARTH POWER
Comic. Clone wars volume 7. Dooku did flee from the battle, but whilst they were fighting Dooku held his ground. They looked pretty equal blade for blade.

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Comic. Clone wars volume 7. Dooku did flee from the battle, but whilst they were fighting Dooku held his ground. They looked pretty equal blade for blade.

Canon?

truejedi
they looked pretty equal blade to blade in a comic? Aren't comics a series of pictures? How many pictures did they get blade to blade, and how can you possibly say they looked equal? The fight between Yoda and Dooku in AOTC would have made them look pretty equal according to that: After all, They cross blades for a bit, and Dooku runs away.

You are going to be hardpressed to say ANYONE looked equal blade to blade in a comic book anyway.

DARTH POWER
Canon?

C-Canon

DARTH POWER
they looked pretty equal blade to blade in a comic? Aren't comics a series of pictures? How many pictures did they get blade to blade, and how can you possibly say they looked equal? The fight between Yoda and Dooku in AOTC would have made them look pretty equal according to that: After all, They cross blades for a bit, and Dooku runs away.

You are going to be hardpressed to say ANYONE looked equal blade to blade in a comic book anyway.

Dooku does not look Yoda's equal in the AOTC comic. He's falling back. Nor does he look equal to Anakin in the ROTS comic. both which only lasted a couple of pics.

The fight between Dooku and Mace lasted 5 pics. Quite long for a comic. Dooku stood his ground the entire time. In fact the last part of the fight Dooku actually forced Mace back into magna guards so Dooku could make his escape. And before you go on about him escaping, he didnt have time for a long fight with Mace, he needed to escape the planet before the Jedi caught him.

Lord Lucien
The AotC comic likely falls in to the same category as the RotS comic, which depicts Mace being slammed in to the wall during the duel. I.e. non-canon.

DARTH POWER
I wasnt saying they were canon. Was just responding to TJ's claim that you cant tell whose winning in a comic, and used the AOTC and ROTS comics as references.

Although the fight scenes are different in the novels as well. So does that make the novels not canon? In both the comic and the novel Dooku takes Obi-Wan out with a kick, and not a force choke like shown in the movie.

truejedi
If a novel(or comic book) is contradicted by what happens onscreen, it is indeed non-canon.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
I wasnt saying they were canon. Was just responding to TJ's claim that you cant tell whose winning in a comic, and used the AOTC and ROTS comics as references.

Although the fight scenes are different in the novels as well. So does that make the novels not canon? In both the comic and the novel Dooku takes Obi-Wan out with a kick, and not a force choke like shown in the movie. What he^ said. The intermediate scenes in the novels that can take place "off-camera" or between movie scenes are allowed in, but direct contradictions are omitted. In the movie, Palpatine didn't offer Anakin the Corellian system, but as the scene transitions to Utapau before he leaves, we can divine that Anakin did go sit down and have a chat with Palpatine before returning to the Temple (the actual convo. itself never given in the book--the chapter changes).

The novelizations are one of the few instances where we can pick and choose what actually happened. E.g the much more violent version of the duel in the Chancellor's office--decapitations, Anakin busting through the window--didn't happen. But the above mentioned conversation could have.

truejedi
Anakin busting through the window? He walked in the door. That pretty much goes back to canon when Anakin walks in, except for Sidious words about "You think that fear is mine?"

Lord Lucien
Anakin busting through the window? He walked in the door. That pretty much goes back to canon when Anakin walks in, except for Sidious words about "You think that fear is mine?" The novel has him coming through the window in that side chamber to find Fisto's head on the table. "Maybe he thought death was funny too."

truejedi
oh, okay, into the chamber. I thought the room with Sids/Mace. N/m.

Lord Lucien
That would be epic though. Anakin get's his own "This party's over." moment.

truejedi
heck yes. I'm thinking of this fight scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU3wPWYV6HQ

starting at 30s, why couldn't something like this have been done for Sidous and a posse of attacking Jedi? The action is good, the kills would have come quickly, since they were using lightsabers instead of clubs, and nobody in this scene looks frozen. Everyone gets a "trying their best" death.

The death's of Saesee, Agen and Kit are probably the biggest travesty ever in star wars.

Lord Lucien
The death's of Saesee, Agen and Kit are probably the biggest travesty ever in star wars. Woah woah woah, let's not say things we can't take back.

*does epic backflip*

truejedi
there are so many travesties... it is true.

But do you agree?

Lord Lucien
"Do you have it?"

But yeah. Agen Kolar officially has space ADD.

DARTH POWER
heck yes. I'm thinking of this fight scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU3wPWYV6HQ

starting at 30s, why couldn't something like this have been done for Sidous and a posse of attacking Jedi? The action is good, the kills would have come quickly, since they were using lightsabers instead of clubs, and nobody in this scene looks frozen. Everyone gets a "trying their best" death.

The death's of Saesee, Agen and Kit are probably the biggest travesty ever in star wars.

I actually think everyone was expecting Anakin to kick some serious jedi butt like that.. But instead he just goes takes on a bunch of kids! Now That was dissapointing!

Darth Martin
Mace>Anakin>Dooku

Normally, Dooku would be better but if Anakin is in that state of mind then it's got to be him. He's not getting Mace though.

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Mace>Anakin>Dooku

A>B>C??????????????????? You should know better. Shame.

TgKWindRenegade
The count and the mace blow through anakin like a thot does short shorts

UCanShootMyNova
:nod:

relentless1
both slaughter Anakin

NTJack0
Mace would defeat Anakin solo, Anakin would definitely make him work for it, but Anakin gets wrecked by the duo.

TgKWindRenegade
Originally posted by TgKWindRenegade
The count and the mace blow through anakin like a thot does short shorts fine I'll quote myself

Ursumeles
Originally posted by NTJack0
Mace would defeat Anakin solo,
No.
Especially not Zonakin lmao.

SunRazer
Yeah, it's the reverse. Mace holds his own but falls unless his Vaapad allows him to replicate Anakin's powers for whatever reason.

And Christ, people still lowball Anakin. Zone Anakin being slaughtered by either? Were they watching some special collector's gloss edition of RotS? laughing out loud

TgKWindRenegade
Originally posted by SunRazer
Yeah, it's the reverse. Mace holds his own but falls unless his Vaapad allows him to replicate Anakin's powers for whatever reason.

And Christ, people still lowball Anakin. Zone Anakin being slaughtered by either? Were they watching some special collector's gloss edition of RotS? laughing out loud I'm not low balling him, he's one of the greatest duelist of the order possibly ever at the end of Rots but that doesn't mean he can beat both dooku and mace, in my eyes for whatever reason maces and dookus combined efforts would beat anakin; although I did exaggerate with the thot part XD.

TenebrousWay
Zonakin curbs them and the maximum the duo can do is to look like competent, high tier fodders, unless Mace Vapad hax does some crazy shit like Nova said.

Trocity
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
Mace alone would be more than a match for Anakin, combined with Dooku I'd say the duo takes this.

Yeah, I'd say so. laughing

TgKWindRenegade
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Mace>Anakin>Dooku

Normally, Dooku would be better but if Anakin is in that state of mind then it's got to be him. He's not getting Mace though. skill is dooku>mace>anakin
"Our greatest student, our greatest failure."
Dooku can beat mace can't he? Vaapad not being available for use atleast during their fights
Refinement in a specific form dooku>anakin>mace(his fight against sidious was even considered a test run).
Didn't dooku admit anakin had become one of the most refined warriors he'd ever fought or is that another misconception I've been swayed into believing? Also mace mastered all 7 and dedicated much of his time to vaapad.
Physical ability anakin>mace>dooku
He's younger and has a lethal build(made has the same but he's old, atleast older and out of his prime and dooku... 😂😂😂&#128514wink. But I do agree with the team winning

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.