DC/Wildstorm?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
I just heard a rumor and was wondering if there was any truth behind it. Is it true that Wildstorm is about to be canceled by DC? If so what will happen to all of Wildstorms characters?

CosmicComet
Majestic will be erased forever.

Stoic
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Majestic will be erased forever.

Maybe Jim Lee will go back to Image. In my opinion his best work was done under the Image banner.

BlackZero30x
actually yes it's true....i have known for awhile....some characters are not gone....dc are gonna take the majority of the characters and ad them to dc continuity and some of the wildstorm books like the supernatural series(stand alone series) is just gone

Q99
Originally posted by Stoic
I just heard a rumor and was wondering if there was any truth behind it. Is it true that Wildstorm is about to be canceled by DC? If so what will happen to all of Wildstorms characters?

Yes, and any Wildstorm title they still want to do will likely be folded into DC's label.

Sales have been dire for a long time. Like, The Authority is currently selling half as much as REBELS and Jonah Hex, who are some of DC's least selling regularly that are only out of cancel-ville due to their stability.

The best selling stand alone book the label published, Ex Machina, ended earlier this year too.

It's a rare Wildstorm book that's hit above 10k in the last few years and they've been shedding readers steadily, the failed reboot really hurt it.

vansonbee
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
actually yes it's true....i have known for awhile....some characters are not gone....dc are gonna take the majority of the characters and ad them to dc continuity and some of the wildstorm books like the supernatural series(stand alone series) is just gone Sound good.

Wildstorm heroes > Thunderbolt/secret 6.

Hope the gay couples won't be recton by DC.

-Pr-
Originally posted by vansonbee
Sound good.

Wildstorm heroes > Thunderbolt/secret 6.

Hope the gay couples won't be recton by DC.

huh? why would gay characters be retconned by dc?

vansonbee
Originally posted by -Pr-
huh? why would gay characters be retconned by dc? Fruity ethnics and Superman.

stick out tongue

-Pr-
Fruity ethnics and Superman.

stick out tongue

lol.

dc has had gay chatacters for years. i'm sure they'll be fine.

Superman sleeps with a human. That's borderline bestiality anyway.

Bentley
lol.

dc has had gay chatacters for years. i'm sure they'll be fine.

Superman sleeps with a human. That's borderline bestiality anyway.

Yep, Lois may as well do a donkey biscuits

Prep-Man
From my understanding when these characters do come back, they'll be under the DC logo, not necessarily on DC earth meshing with DC characters.

It would be cool to see them apart of the main DCU, though.

vansonbee
http://i52.tinypic.com/14a9cgz.jpg

StyleTime
Originally posted by Q99
the failed reboot really hurt it.
thumb up

Apart from like....Gen13, they did kinda **** that up.

Prep-Man
To each his own, but I like the direction WS was going. It wasn't that bad, IMO.

Digi
Does anyone have a press release about this? I dislike allowing threads based only on idle speculation. Sets a possible bad precedent for threads involving any little possible rumor swirling around.

The Nuul
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ComicBookNews/news/?a=22901

roughrider
So now what for Jim Lee? I know he's become DC's co-publisher, but Wildstorm is what brought him to DC to begin with.

The Nuul
The stable of characters like StormWatch, Gen13, WildCats and the Authority will be reintroduced at a later date to DC Comics readers as part of the DC Universe, presumably in a manner devised by Geoff Johns. We certainly hope that works out for the best, if for no other reason than because it's madness that a comic book about ultra-violent homosexual Batman and Superman analogues isn't a best-seller.

WildStorm may not be utterly unique in its evolution or its creative output, but what is special about Jim Lee's company is the journey it took with its audience. There's a distinction and sentimentality for WildStorm that we usually reserve for cruelly killed off record labels or cancelled television series. But there's no oppressive Daemonite-like force we can rage against for the closing down of WildStorm. In a sense, and speaking on behalf of our younger selves, I think WildStorm was just too cool.

The Nuul
Originally posted by roughrider
So now what for Jim Lee? I know he's become DC's co-publisher, but Wildstorm is what brought him to DC to begin with.

Who knows but prob staying where he is because he sold WS years ago.

srankmissingnin
Wildstorm has already been established as part of the 52, it is earth 50. It still exists, this is just a consolidation of the lines / imprints. Any future Wildstorm titles with have a DC logo on the cover, and as such sell more books.

I would love for Wildstorm to be folded into the DCU just like Milestone Comics was, but sadly I don't think that will happen. Be great if it did though, it would Marvel up their universe - which I don't think they want.

-Pr-
http://i52.tinypic.com/14a9cgz.jpg

lol.

yes, he cares more about bad language than who you sleep with.

The Nuul
I just want a proper Mid/Bats comic.

roughrider
Originally posted by The Nuul
Who knows but prob staying where he is because he sold WS years ago.

First DC bought his child away; then they killed it. He might be ticked off.

Digi
Just merge universes. Better feat comparisons, fun crossovers. Only if they go away will I be upset. WS has indeed been struggling for an identity for a while, and the teams are even jumbled to hell right now.

No clue how the they'd coexist though, in terms of characters. That might be the most fun part. Imagine the Authority trying to coexist with the JLA...couldn't happen.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Prep-Man
To each his own, but I like the direction WS was going. It wasn't that bad, IMO.
I didn't necessarily mean the quality of the stories. I mean the fact that Worldstorm was basically botched and they had to start up all the Armageddon/Number of The Beast stuff to go in to World's End. Gen13 was one of the only titles to run steadily throughout the whole mess.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Digi
Just merge universes. Better feat comparisons, fun crossovers. Only if they go away will I be upset. WS has indeed been struggling for an identity for a while, and the teams are even jumbled to hell right now.

No clue how the they'd coexist though, in terms of characters. That might be the most fun part. Imagine the Authority trying to coexist with the JLA...couldn't happen.

That would be fun to see. Finally getting a Batman/Midnighter crossover, Zealot sparring with Diana, Deadshot & Deathblow, Midnighter punching out Slade's lights, Wetworks working with Checkmate, etc...

All kinds of stuff.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by StyleTime
I didn't necessarily mean the quality of the stories. I mean the fact that Worldstorm was basically botched and they had to start up all the Armageddon/Number of The Beast stuff to go in to World's End. Gen13 was one of the only titles to run steadily throughout the whole mess.

I see.

Digi
Originally posted by Prep-Man
That would be fun to see. Finally getting a Batman/Midnighter crossover, Zealot sparring with Diana, Deadshot & Deathblow, Midnighter punching out Slade's lights, Wetworks working with Checkmate, etc...

All kinds of stuff.

MNer/Slade crossovers would be epic.

Dum Dum Dugan
lol.

yes, he cares more about bad language than who you sleep with.
lol why is superman more mad at the fact he said son of a ***** rather then the fact midnighter jsut admitted he wanted to kill some one lol.

doesent superman give batman shit for simply beating guys up to much and using such tactics? how is he fine with killing someone lol.

Dum Dum Dugan
Originally posted by Digi
MNer/Slade crossovers would be epic.
I agree, that fight would be epic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.