What movie, tv show or book made the biggest positive impact

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ladyyaya
Here we go... No right or wrong answers; please don't knock anyone for their opinions and please keep your answer(s) to the question as asked...

What movie(s), tv show(s), book(s) or song(s) made the biggest POSITIVE impact in your life and why? You don't have to list one for all and you can list multiples in any group you want. Hopefully some different titles will come out of this and maybe the art that made such an impact on you will find a new audience.

Movie: "It's A Wonderful Life."Yes, I know it's corny and idealistic, but the concept of one person affecting so many others is at the heart of this for me. Although I don't always succeed, it a premise I try to live by.

TV Show: "Room 222." For those that may not have heard of it, it was about a large High School in Los Angeles. Day-to-day stories about kids and the trials and tribulations of growing up in the late 60's, early 70's. It doesn't hold up real well, but I remember watching as a younger kid looking forward to my high school days in the hope that I had teachers as cool as Pete Dixon.

Book: "To Kill A Mockingbird." It taught me to judge people as individuals and not as a group and I learned that while there is (and will always be) injustice in this world, that every so often it is defeated by a greater application of justice and fairness.

Song: "American Pie." I'm not sure people remember how big this song was when it came out. It also corresponds with the year that I first started really paying attention to music. Of course it was (and still is) open to all sorts of interpretations, but hearing it for the first time remains a seminal moment of my life.

All right folks, let's hear your choices!

Rogue Jedi
Debbie does Dallas.

~Bun Bun~
Movie: 101 Dalmatians
- This movie was a big part of my childhood. All disney movies really.

Show(s): Buffy, Angel & Charmed
- All three of these I was obsessed with. Buffy and Angel started my love with fantasy and later on Charmed helped. Charmed also sparked a curiosity within me about Wicca. I had a natural interest in all religion and this brought a new one to my attention. (I understand many true wiccan's dislike the show but, hey sparking curiosity is a good thing imo.)

Book: Harry Potter series.
- This had the biggest impact of them all. It had become my world to escape in, when mine wasn't so great...

Growing up with a special needs little brother was hard... Enjoyable but, hard on the relationships in our family. We all loved him so much but, he needed my mothers full time attention... and the rest of us needed it too. So... The world of Harry Potter became my safe haven. I fell asleep to the audio books every night, everywhere I went... I had to have them to sleep. When he passed away it drove me deeper into the need to escape. Then my other Brother started reading them as-well as my mother... It gave us a common ground to re-bond with. So in many ways Harry Potter became a therapy of some sort. Also it was from that Impact that I found my love in writing as-well. If one day... I could provide a world to escape into... for even one person... like J.K did for me... I'd be happy.

AbnormalButSane
Royal Tenenbaums

mikeydude
Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy....
The book made me more optimistic.

StarCraft2
Book that made positive impact.
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/5133YE59BCL.jpg
Because it helped me pass NCLEX and get a career. I am no longer a broke azz bum.

Movie:
http://www.tradeport.com.ph/uploads/Image/magnavision/The40YearOldVirgin.jpg
Because it made me realize I need to socialize with girls so I forced myself into doing it. Bye bye V-card. Hello V-J-J

TV show
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/314226/9823-UFC-Spike-Logos.jpg
Because I lose weight and gain fight skills and strength now that I join Cain Velasquez Josh Koshcheck and train @
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/122/474/RackMultipart.8996.0_display_image.jpg

Dave_97
http://images.contentreserve.com/ImageType-100/1411-1/%7BE4B8EB85-02CA-4647-AA46-ABD473C20BF6%7DImg100.jpg

Also, Evil bread 2: Bread before dawn.

funny story, this had a big impact on me.

mikeydude
Originally posted by Dave_97
http://images.contentreserve.com/ImageType-100/1411-1/%7BE4B8EB85-02CA-4647-AA46-ABD473C20BF6%7DImg100.jpg

Also, Evil bread 2: Bread before dawn.

funny story, this had a big impact on me.
O Rly?!?!

Dave_97
Originally posted by mikeydude
O Rly?!?! i started leaving bread around the house... in hopes, but nothing ever happened.. other than moldy smells.

oh, and it was the day joel opened up to me about things, So that made our friendship even better, and we're still bestest best buddies to this day.

its been a grand friendship.

That ACDC Chick
song: Always Look on the Bright Side of Life

Bardock42
Bigmouth Strikes Again - The Smiths

The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams

Ally McBeal

mikeydude
Originally posted by Dave_97
i started leaving bread around the house... in hopes, but nothing ever happened.. other than moldy smells.

oh, and it was the day joel opened up to me about things, So that made our friendship even better, and we're still bestest best buddies to this day.

its been a grand friendship.
Fun stuff.
Originally posted by Bardock42
Bigmouth Strikes Again - The Smiths

The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy - Douglas Adams

Ally McBeal
Das wassup.

Pig Newtons
The First 3 Rambo Movies: Affected me so deeply having a father who's a Vietnam Vet, that I think these movies subliminally helped me choose my career: US ARMY. When you've served, these "simple" movies mean alot more.

Metallica's "Master of Puppets" album: Wow. It took thrash to the outer realm, and then hurled it further out into space it was that groundbreaking. This very album is as important to current metal as anything the Beatles did for music overall.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.