ROTS (Zone) Anakin runs the gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MindTricker
I'm curious about what you all think of Zone Anakin.

He gets a full rest after each battle.

This will take place on the Geonosis Arena.

All of the contestants are on their prime unless stated.

1) Kit Fisto & Aayla Secura
2) Qui-Gon (TPM) & Plo Koon
3) Cin Drallig & Obi-Wan (AOTC)
4) General Grievous & 3 Magna Guards
5) Darth Maul & Asajj Ventress
6) Darth Vader (ROTJ) & Luke (ROTJ)
7) Count Dooku (ROTS)
8) Mace Windu (ROTS)
9) Yoda (ROTS)

I tried to scale the difficulty as he progesses, tell me if you think I'm wrong about it. How far does he get?

truejedi
thinking he dies at 6 or 8.

Jinsoku Takai
Most likely dies at 5. He's not getting past Maul AND Ventress at the same time.

1 - pass
2 - pass
3 - pass
4 - pass
5 - most likely dead
6 - dead/small possibility of pass
7 - undecided/possibly dead
8 - dead
9 - dead

truejedi
u know, if he dies at 6, this means Galen Marek >>> than theZONE anakin..

Jinsoku Takai
Did Marek defeat Vader AND Luke at the same time? Or... are you being sarcastic? You know I fail at detecting sarcasm.

truejedi
No, just that Luke was nothing compared to Vader in ROTS. He straight out says later that Vader let him win. And this is the same Vader that Marek wiped the floor with. Apparently twice.

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by truejedi
No, just that Luke was nothing compared to Vader in ROTS. He straight out says later that Vader let him win. And this is the same Vader that Marek wiped the floor with. Apparently twice.

Didn't Vader admit in the RotJ novel something like, "this boy could actually beat me" or something like that? How do/would you reconcile the two differing statements? Either way, we both agree that he probably falls at 6.

ares834
Dead at 6. Vader alone would be enough IMO, or close to enough.

u know, if he dies at 6, this means Galen Marek >>> than theZONE anakin..

Not at all. In fact in the new game it apperas Vader is superior to Marek and is kicking his ass most of the fight. It is only at the end when Marel channels the electricity of several generators into Vader that he gains the upper hand. And even then the secret cutscenes make it appera that Vader may have staged his defeat.

DARTH POWER

Actually if you read the fight between Vader and Marek in TFU novel, it was a close fight for a while, in Sabers and the Force. But then after a page somehow Marek came out on top. He seemed to be getting under Vader's skin telling him he feels sorry for him.

axel_jovan
In my humble opinion it will go like that:
1) clears
2) clears
3) clears
4) clears
5) clears, but with difficulty
6) possibly looses
7) possibly clears
8) possibly looses
9) looses

Letum Lettow
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Actually if you read the fight between Vader and Marek in TFU novel, it was a close fight for a while, in Sabers and the Force. But then after a page somehow Marek came out on top. He seemed to be getting under Vader's skin telling him he feels sorry for him.

I'm guessing that, admit it or not, Vader had fatherly feelings for the boy. He was still in his twenties at the time and knew that Marek was about the age his child would have been. I guess it got to him.

truejedi
Actually in the novel of the origional TFU, it seemed like Marek was winning with both sabers AND the force in dominant fashion.

Also, I just read the comic book of TFU II the other day, and Marek beats Vader without a fight. Marek is standing next to Vader, Vader starts to stab the unarmed Marek, and Marek just fries him. (talking about the beginning of the book... not sure if that is what you were referrring to)

Darth_Glentract
^truejedi, he was talking about the end of the game. The lighting attack youre referring to was a surprise attack that allowed Marek to escape but Vader wasn't harmed.

I definitely dont see Anakin passing 5. I think Maul on his own would be close to Anakin's level. With Ventress, who is a challenge for him on her own, he's going down. Also, I have my doubts that he could defeat Grevious, as the main reason Obi-wan was able to was because of his particular style. Since Anakin doesn't use the same form, he has a good chance of losing there too.

truejedi
true, he would have to be all over Grievous in the force. I don't think he would live if it went pure sabers.

Jinsoku Takai
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
^truejedi, he was talking about the end of the game. The lighting attack youre referring to was a surprise attack that allowed Marek to escape but Vader wasn't harmed.

I definitely dont see Anakin passing 5. I think Maul on his own would be close to Anakin's level. With Ventress, who is a challenge for him on her own, he's going down. Also, I have my doubts that he could defeat Grevious, as the main reason Obi-wan was able to was because of his particular style. Since Anakin doesn't use the same form, he has a good chance of losing there too.

This is ZONE Anakin. But, I still don't see him getting past 5. But one on one, Maul, Ventress, Grievous... yeah, he should be able to take them.

ares834
I don't know. Anakin while not in the z0ne managed to hold his own against Ventress and Dooku at the same time, not to mention he has beaten Ventress plenty of times even as a padawan. Really while in the z0ne Anakin should be able to defeat her rather effortlessly to the point that she wouldn't be much more than an annoyance (remeber how easily Dooku took her down).

DARTH POWER

Think your seriously underestimating Zone Anakin there. Anakin even as of clone wars was almost a match for Dooku in Sabers. And that was an Anakin who was still upto that point seriously holding back on his fury.

Maul may be close to CW Anakin.. Ventress may be a challenge to CW Anakin. And of course he would defeat Greivous in CW or ROTS. But ROTS Zone Anakin, would wipe the floor with any of those 3. In fact in that clear state of mind, completely unleashing all the fury inside him, he was able to wipe the floor with Count Dooku.

DARTH POWER
Actually in the novel of the origional TFU, it seemed like Marek was winning with both sabers AND the force in dominant fashion.

No. Read it again. When he finally got a strike in, then he struck Vader multiple times, and chucked him around with the force.

But before he got in a strike they were going back and forth for a while in Sabers and with the Force. It wasnt till he started to mock Vader about how he felt sorry for him, that Galen finally got in a strike, and then continued to batter Vader.

Jinsoku Takai
If I remember correctly, and please correct me if I'm wrong (through the use of quotes preferably), Marek was dancing circles around Vader pretty much from the start of their duel.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Jinsoku Takai
If I remember correctly, and please correct me if I'm wrong (through the use of quotes preferably), Marek was dancing circles around Vader pretty much from the start of their duel.

I just read it the other day. Il get the book out again tonight, but basically for the whole first page Vader's strikes were getting dangerously close to Marek.. But Marek held his own as did Vader. They even started using the Force against each other without either one gaining the advantage.

Its only on the second page, when Marek has a realisation, and feels sorry for Vader, and tells him so, that Marek finally gets a strike in. After that first strike he goes on to beat the snot out of Vader with his Lightsaber and with the Force.

truejedi
right, I guess if you mean time it took to win, yes, it was close, but in actual damage dealt, Marek did ALL the dealing.

DARTH POWER
True.. But once you win, you can do all the damage you want..

Kenobi seriously screwed up Anakin, doesnt mean it wasnt a close fight.

truejedi
Haha, you know how I feel about Kenobi controlling that fight..;

And what I mean is that Marek got the upper hand with the saber, so Vader switched to the force, and Marek simply overpowered him with the force. He basically caught everything Vader threw at him, and did it better.

In two steps. There was a real break between the saber fight and the force fight. Vader had time to draw on the force, and then got hammered with it.

Nephthys
Are we talking about in TFU or TFU II? Becuase in TFU Game: Marek seriously beats the shit out of him, its barely even a contest, Comic: Marek owns him in a single attack and Novel: Its a close fight at the start, and it relies heavily on Marek utilising Dun Moch to piss Vader off and then settle his own character growth, afetr which he pwns him hard.

TFU II Game: Vader seems to be kicking his ass throughout, probably becuase Marek just watched Juno die.
Part 1 -Holy Crap @ 4.40. Good feat for Vader there. Makes Palpatines trick with the Senate pods look like a joke.
Part 2

TFU II Wii version

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by Nephthys
Novel: Its a close fight at the start, and it relies heavily on Marek utilising Dun Moch to piss Vader off and then settle his own character growth, afetr which he pwns him hard.

This is what I was talking about. Novels tend to be the more canon source over comics and games.

Lord Lucien
The Force Unleashed novel for the first game is the canon source of the events, so the second game's novel will follow the same.

ares834
Where has this ever been stated? In fact I would argue that the game is the most canon source as it is the focus of the mutlimedia event.

truejedi
cut scenes are probably more canon than a novel, in my opinion. Game play is obviously not canon at all.

Lord Lucien
This is why I miss Gideon, he was the one who sourced that originally.

truejedi
Rex seriously never told us why Gids got banned, and then Rex abandoned us, leaving us flat, jilted and alone.

Makes me think we are like quarantined, anyone who leaves seeking the truth is never coming back.

Lord Lucien
Polaski left. So did Galan. MC's MIA in Israel. Faunus went AWOL. Elite Hunter just f*cked off. We had a band and we tried real hard.

shifty

Jimmy quit, Jody got married
I shoulda known we'd never get far...

Nephthys
Damn. Forgot all about Faunus.

sad

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Nephthys
Damn. Forgot all about Faunus.

sad Good times back then. Good times. Oh when I look back now
That summer seemed to last forever
And if I had the choice
Yeah - I'd always wanna be there
Those were the best days of my life.

truejedi
whatever happened to LS? or Captain Valerian?

Lord Lucien
Got fed up I guess for LS. Valerian probably got bored. Just goes to show how weak they were. I'm fed up and bored with Star Wars, but do you see me quitting? No. F*ck that. Tenacity all the way.

truejedi
I'm here for the long-term baby. I tried to quit once, way back when we argued about evolution and abortion for EVER in that one epic thread that was supposed to be about Yoda. But I came back. And i'm probably here to stay.

Lord Lucien
Yoda shoulda been aborted from the evolutionary process. Everyone knows that the process goes tadpole--fish-frog--Yoda--retarded fish-frog monkey--monkey--Jesus--Revan--Chuck Norris--Revan again--Kas'im the Magnificent--Bane the Ultimate--Revan for a third time--Optimus Prime--Bandon--HAL 9000.

Jinsoku Takai
What about Advent?

Lord Lucien
Asians aren't welcome here.

She buggered off after her Bastila vs. Kenobi thread revealed her bias.

truejedi
she'll be back. she always comes and goes, and she has always been biased.

Zampanó
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Asians aren't welcome here.

She buggered off after her Bastila vs. Kenobi thread revealed her bias.
b/c u guiz werent good enuf to give her a real argument

Lord Lucien
F*ck that, I gave her a two post counter.

Of course only after the first 20 pages or so...

truejedi

Zampanó
no expression

i'm pretty sure i tried to read that thread

u guys got mashed on

truejedi
lolz at how wrong you are.

truejedi
she was unable to prove a single one of her claims. doesn't matter how good your technique when you are simply wrong.

Jinsoku Takai
Her technique was great }:-)

truejedi
not as good a technique as Kas'sim the Magnificent, but close.

Darth_Glentract
Rather than respond to several separate posts, I'll address them all here. There isn't a "zone" Anakin.

Slash_KMC
We've seen Anakin in several state of minds. The one in which he is the most able, we call Zone Anakin.

Lord Lucien
It's not an official name, just our little thing.

Teehee. Little.

Darth_Glentract
I don't think we can really measure it though. That's like me saying, "Darth Maul vs NJO Luke, but Maul doesn't make any mistakes." I just dont think its reasonable and dont think he was super uber just because he was in teh zone!!!1!1

Lord Lucien
Yeah, that's kinda because that version of Maul never existed. That kind of Anakin did though.

Darth_Glentract
Anakin never was super power or whatever yall seem to mean by ZONE. His Force powers equaled Obi-wans. His victory over Dooku is questionable at best. Dooku extended alot of energy removing Obi-wan from the fight and its very plausible that Dooku planned to be "captured" by Anakin, so that Sidious could pardon him and together they would rule the Republic. They already had the Clones, so the Jedi would be quickly eliminated.

Slash_KMC
Anakin never was super power or whatever yall seem to mean by ZONE. His Force powers equaled Obi-wans. His victory over Dooku is questionable at best. Dooku extended alot of energy removing Obi-wan from the fight and its very plausible that Dooku planned to be "captured" by Anakin, so that Sidious could pardon him and together they would rule the Republic. They already had the Clones, so the Jedi would be quickly eliminated.

Well, according to the novel, his victory over Dooku isn't really questionable.

Lord Lucien
Anakin never was super power or whatever yall seem to mean by ZONE. His Force powers equaled Obi-wans. His victory over Dooku is questionable at best. Dooku extended alot of energy removing Obi-wan from the fight and its very plausible that Dooku planned to be "captured" by Anakin, so that Sidious could pardon him and together they would rule the Republic. They already had the Clones, so the Jedi would be quickly eliminated. According to the novel, Anakin had an "Oh, I get it" moment. His mind was "clear as a bell" and was using his "nuclear furnace" of a heart and fury. Within seconds he had defeated Dooku. The novel makes it abundantly clear that his mentality went through a momentary transformation that allowed him to overcome Dooku. He literally went through four different phases during that duel. "Zone" was the final.

DARTH POWER
Dooku's best chance against ROTS Anakin would be an all out force attack early in the fight.

truejedi
or just talking to him...

Slash_KMC
That only works on Sion.

truejedi
naw, he took Anakin all out of his head just by talking to him. Sidious put Anakin back in the zone.

DARTH POWER
naw, he took Anakin all out of his head just by talking to him. Sidious put Anakin back in the zone.

In the novel. Thats not what happened in the movie. Palpatine never said a word until Anakin won.

Lord Lucien
That's true. The novel has Dooku use Dun Moch to ignite Anakin's temper, and then then uses it again to defuse it. Palpatine edged him in to the Zone.

In the film, the first two phases are skipped and it's Dooku who sends him all Zoney.

truejedi
I'd say Anakin's actions in that movie are a bit exaggerated and therefore non-canon...

DARTH POWER
I'd say Anakin's actions in that movie are a bit exaggerated and therefore non-canon...

Nope nothing in Movies is exaggerated. It was all made to Lucas's vision.

truejedi
that was kinda a joke.

DARTH POWER
I know. Just stating a fact neway.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.