Would you kill someone

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
you have a concealed gun

1. your out somewhere and someone shows you a picture of your family and he tells you he is going to kill them right now

2. some one is using your identity and you cant prove it and he is putting you in debt and messing up your record real bad, no one believes you

3. someone raped your daughter/wife and got away with it

4. your in a airplane and spot osma bin laden

5. someone is killing you

Bicnarok

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
you have a concealed gun

1. your out somewhere and someone shows you a picture of your family and he tells you he is going to kill them right now

2. some one is using your identity and you cant prove it and he is putting you in debt and messing up your record real bad, no one believes you

1. & 5. I would do everything to stop him. His death would only be the result of his resisting.

2. I would get LifeLock.

3. & 4. Revenge is poison that I will not take.

Colossus-Big C

Bardock42
you have a concealed gun

1. Maybe

2. No

3. No

4. No

5. Yes

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Bardock42
1. Maybe

2. No

3. No

4. No

5. Yes
1. Yes

2. No

3. Yes

4. No

5. Yes

ThAnus_ofTITass
1. Maybe

2. No

3. No

4. No

5. Yes

You just made my list!

The Dark Cloud
you have a concealed gun

1-Depends, is he for real?, can he pull it off, If I believed it a legitimate threat then yes.

2-If killing him would land me in prision for an extended period of time or worse then no.

3-Not sure, but probably.

4-Absolutely, and then I'd collect the $50 million reward.

5-If someone is killing me Then I cannot kill him. If he is trying to kill me then any means of self defense up to and and including killing him is in the best interests of my survival.

Pig Newtons
you have a concealed gun

1: Absolutely. I would justify that as a legit threat, and I would be defending myself. I would have to be sitting in my car though to be protected under the Castle Doctrine protection laws.

2: Nah. Just mess his world up by paralyzing him.

3: Yes. For sure. I'd wait 4 or 5 years, lay low, and then kill him, burying the body in a field 3 states away.

4: Not even fair, of course I'd kill him. As would everybody else. Money here I come!$

5: Uhh yeah. Self defense is a right guaranteed to me, as an American. I thank God I live in this country and can legally defend myself if necessary.

Symmetric Chaos
1, 3 and 5, almost certainly.

2, seems too contrived to consider.

4, no I'd report it to someone that could make use of the information and collect the $50 million.

Mindship
1. Depends.
2. Depends.
3. Probably.
4. No.
5. Yes.

Sappho
you have a concealed gun

1. i probably wouldnt kill him if he just said it, because i wouldnt believe him. if he did, then yes, i would.

2. no, but id **** him up, real bad.

3. yes, easily. i wouldnt even have to think about it. but i think it would be out of pure rage. if i could think clearly and be mad at the same time, i would probably beat the living hell out of him, then call the police.

4. no, i dont even know why anyone would kill him.

5. yes, obviously. or i would die. or i would probably choke him out, if i could do that.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
1. Yes

2. No

3. Yes

4. No

5. Yes

Sancty

3. No
uhuh

Stoic
1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Yes, and then I would revive them and do it again.

4. No

5. Yes

The MISTER
1 and 3 could earn worse than death from me. Death is not always punishment enough and one could question whether it is punishment at all any more than sleep is punishment. 5 depends on who is killing me, and why.

Glenlarson
I want to kill some one because he tease me so much

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by The MISTER
1 and 3 could earn worse than death from me. Death is not always punishment enough and one could question whether it is punishment at all any more than sleep is punishment. 5 depends on who is killing me, and why. Don't think of it as punishment. Try to view it as personal satisfaction that they're never coming back.

Stevedakin
No and i don't want to kill any one

ADarksideJedi
Maybe for defending myself if I was being attecked or if that person was going to kill me but never just for the heck of it or whatever.

Colossus-Big C
i would kill someone for number 2

red g jacks
1. no
2. no
3. yes they deserve to die, and I HOPE THEY BURN IN HELL
4. i'd get his picture and autograph
5. i'd have to think about it

WayneBrant
NO
NO
NO
No
and Yes
:P

inimalist
you have a concealed gun

not nearly enough information here. Is the picture just of my family? like, are they still safe at home and this guy just says he is going to kill them? does he have them captive somewhere?

I guess, in any case, I don't see why I couldn't, say, hold him at gunpoint and wait for the police to arrive after I call them on my cell with my other hand (provided the guy poses a credible threat in the first place)

The big question here would be, if I can't prove it, how do I know its true? I'd obviously co-operate with the police as much as possible, but like, both of those crimes aren't exactly hard to prove, especially 2). I'm having a very hard time thinking of a scenario where someone has stolen my identity and I can't either a) prove I'm not doing these actions or b) I can't just cancel any of the credit cards they are using.

if you mean, just the principle "would i kill someone who stole everything from me", no. With regard to the rape question, if the guy couldn't be charged for some reason, I'd have to say I think forgiveness is a much more applaudable virtue than is vengance, and the entire history of literature/drama sort of points out how unfufilling and pety revenge is in the first place, unless you believe in some cosmic order.

I am able to identify Bin Laden by sight, but he somehow gets through airport security? still no, reward aside, I'd just tip off the flight crew and have cops waiting for him at the terminal

I'd probably aim to wound rather than kill, but even saying that, I have no experience with fighting or weapon use. I pull a weapon on someone who is attacking me, its almost certainly more likely to end up hurting me than them

BobbyD
you have a concealed gun

Let me state first that I hope I have to never find out.

I could see myself using it in #5. I would probably pistol whip Bin Laden, then again there's no way I've gotten a pistol on a plane.
...would probably pay someone off to beat the offender in #3 to a pulp. In #2, I'd probably shoot myself!!! laughing out loud

Scenario #1 would leave me in utter shock as a first reaction. My head would spin before coming to some, if any, logical conclusion of what to do next.

Liberator
1. I'd find a way to detain him/her.

2. Confront them, there is a reason this is occurring.

3. They obviously need mental help, what will killing them solve. The rape still occurred.

4. implying osama isn't a puppet for US imperialism in the middle east. a better question would be if i spotted George W. Bush on a ****in' plane...

5. Eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. Detain them.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Liberator
5. Eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. Detain them.

How would you "detain" a person actively trying to kill you?

Mindset
Yes.

MarkBrooks
yes

Colossus-Big C
yes

Bardock42
Originally posted by inimalist
I'd probably aim to wound rather than kill, but even saying that, I have no experience with fighting or weapon use. I pull a weapon on someone who is attacking me, its almost certainly more likely to end up hurting me than them

I have pretty much no training at all, but I doubt that very much. I do know which end of a gun I should point away from me, for example. And I have a basic idea how to whack someone with a bat. I suppose if there's a struggle already and I'm trying to pull a gun I can't say whether I'd hurt myself, them or neither more likely...though I don't see a reason to assume I'd hurt myself definitely more likely than them.

jinXed by JaNx
you have a concealed gun

1 . Go die hard on the mother fracker

2. Police...,easy

3.Police/ therapy/ gym..easy.

4. Terrorist!

5.suck it up and wait for my chance to kill them.

Carsonbryce
NO Never
and I,ll Never Kill some one

inimalist
I have pretty much no training at all, but I doubt that very much. I do know which end of a gun I should point away from me, for example. And I have a basic idea how to whack someone with a bat. I suppose if there's a struggle already and I'm trying to pull a gun I can't say whether I'd hurt myself, them or neither more likely...though I don't see a reason to assume I'd hurt myself definitely more likely than them.

I've never fired a gun, but from what people who have tell me, it is much harder to hit what you are aiming at than you'd think. /shrug

I was using hyperbole though. Truth be told, I'd much rather have some type of weapon if fighting for my life.

Bardock42
I've never fired a gun, but from what people who have tell me, it is much harder to hit what you are aiming at than you'd think. /shrug

I was using hyperbole though. Truth be told, I'd much rather have some type of weapon if fighting for my life.

I thought you might have.

Burning thought
Yes to all apart from the 3rd, I agree with the idea death is too little resolve. My actions then would depend on the time and resources I have at my disposal.

inimalist
I thought you might have.

I guess my point was, I can see my possession of a weapon in a street-fight not going according to plan. I can see myself fumbling with the safety of a gun, being hesitant with a knife, or swinging a bat in such a way that leaves me totally open for a counter attack.

I think I was envisioning the situation more as a mugging, where I think it is idiotic to pull a weapon, versus actually defending my life, where the consequence of the weapon failing in any way is no different from not having the weapon in the first place.

1. maybe

2. nah

3. most likely

4. nah

5. yes

The Dark Cloud

I have extensive weapons training both from the military and afterwards. I have a conceal carry permit.

You NEVER shoot to kill, you shoot to "eliminate the threat" by shooting two rounds center mass of the target. Depending on your accuracy, the calibre weapon used and the type of ammunition you will probably kill your target using this method. It is only legal if there is "imminant action" by your attacker. He cannot say be holding a kinfe and threatening you verbally, he must be in motion. Even if the police and prosicutor determine you were justified in killing your target you will likely get sued (successfully) by your attackers family in a "wrongful death"suit. It sucks, but that's how it is.

All the scenarios listed in this thread except #5 and possibly #4 would be considered murder in the eyes of the law.

Nah, #4 would be murder also especially if it were on a commercial jet liner.

Colossus-Big C
how can it be murder if there is a reward for his death?

and for 1 would you rather murder him and go to jail or would you do nothing and all your family get murdered except for you?

inimalist
Originally posted by The Dark Cloud
I have extensive weapons training both from the military and afterwards. I have a conceal carry permit.

You NEVER shoot to kill, you shoot to "eliminate the threat" by shooting two rounds center mass of the target. Depending on your accuracy, the calibre weapon used and the type of ammunition you will probably kill your target using this method.

thats what I meant by not knowing how to use a weapon. I'd be lucky if my hands werent shaking too much to aim it properly, let along have some idea of where they are going to take the shot

and for 1 would you rather murder him and go to jail or would you do nothing and all your family get murdered except for you?

if those are the only two possible options, then its fairly obvious

The Dark Cloud
how can it be murder if there is a reward for his death?

As for bin Laden, there is a reward for information leading to his capture. You might get away with killing him depending on where and how it happened but you stipulated an airplane which I understand means commercial jet liner so I doubt you'd be legally justified in killing him there.

As for #1. The person would have to be at your family's residence and in the act of starting to kill them before you could legally use deadly force. That isn't what I might want, but how the law is. Would I kill him ahead of this? It would depend on many factors.

AnthonyCorbelli
I,ll Kill You

AsbestosFlaygon
1. I'd call the police and go home ASAP.

2. No

3. Probably

4. Yes, as long as I get a clean shot at him when he is unprepared and unguarded. I'll do it for the reward money.

5. Duh

Jasonszeto
who can Kill ____ ?? You get this

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.