Spider-man has an adamantium sword.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The MISTER
Spider-man has taken Nick Fury captive in Stark Tower and blames him for the death of his family. He has sworn to kill anyone who might attempt to rescue him. Who would fail and who would succeed?

the ninjak
Kitty Pryde appears through the floor and makes Fury intangible with her and slowly makes an escape.

Stark defences trap Spidey in a forcefield.

Sr J-Bieb
Surfer succeeds
Skyfather Herc might
Galactus maybe
E-Vell would do it
Living Tribunal... possibly
Magneto would

The MISTER
Thor could be killed I think. Cap definitely. Hulk might even be decapitated.

StiltmanFTW
Parker cuts himself. End of the thread.

Seriously, he has no experience with weapons.

Digi
I just want to say that this thread title is awesome.

The MISTER
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Parker cuts himself. End of the thread.

Seriously, he has no experience with weapons. He didn't have any tightrope walking experience either or acrobatic experience when he got his powers a decade ago. He's also a marksman with his webbing and had no prior training. This is spider-man we're talking about not a bus driver that gets handed a sword. He'll cut himself... roll eyes (sarcastic) Get real. smokin'

When it comes to guns you're right but handheld weapons have been used countless times and well. Things much clumsier than swords. Lamp posts, I-beams, robot parts...

Thanks Digi, that's cool!

basilisk
Originally posted by The MISTER
Who would fail and who would succeed?
Surfer succeedsCurrent Surfer wouldn't even bother.

Skyfather Herc might Nah, Spider-Man would trick him into handing over all his Skyfather powers. He wouldn't even need the sword.

Galactus maybe Depends on his power level. I can see some versions of Galactus getting owned here.

Living Tribunal... possibly Spider-Man with adamantium sword would be considered too great a threat. LT would make the sun go nova and seal off the universe from all others.

Magneto would ... fail?

Spider-man has taken Nick Fury captive in Stark Tower and blames him for the death of his family. He has sworn to kill anyone who might attempt to rescue him. I'm just not really getting SM's motivation here. I mean he has obviously captured Fury... fine. He's got him in Stark Tower... not the first place I would go but hey I guess if the Avengers weren't around, OK. Then... he just waits for every hero and SHIELD agent in the city to come after him? Why not just kill Fury? What's his goal? I'm sorry but Bendis may as well have written this.

carver9
This is the craziest thread that ....

Anyways... wolverine wins.

The Nuul
Originally posted by Digi
I just want to say that this thread title is awesome.

ZOMG!!! Its a Digi..... Its a rare sighting these days.

The MISTER
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Surfer succeeds
Skyfather Herc might
Galactus maybe
E-Vell would do it
Magneto would
eek! These are some really powerful characters man!! Living Tribunal?! I'd have to agree that Spidey doesn't stand much of a chance against him. How about Venom? Luke Cage? Wonder Woman? Would the sword put him in another league or not? smokin'

The MISTER
Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Surfer succeeds
Skyfather Herc might
Galactus maybe
E-Vell would do it
Magneto would
eek! These are some really powerful characters man!! Living Tribunal?! I'd have to agree that Spidey doesn't stand much of a chance against him. How about Venom? Luke Cage? Wonder Woman? Would the sword put him in another league or not? smokin'

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Digi
I just want to say that this thread title is awesome. thumb up

The MISTER
Originally posted by basilisk

I'm just not really getting SM's motivation here. I mean he has obviously captured Fury... fine. He's got him in Stark Tower... not the first place I would go but hey I guess if the Avengers weren't around, OK. Then... he just waits for every hero and SHIELD agent in the city to come after him? Why not just kill Fury? What's his goal? I'm sorry but Bendis may as well have written this. The motivation is to get revenge on fury by killing anyone who cares about him enough to try to extract him. Spider-man's a smart cookie and Stark tower can help him defend against telepaths possibly. He does know it very well.

Also Spider-man rarely fights to kill so he'd need at least some reason to turn cold.

SamZED
Think he'll figure something out. Being a master swordsman is hard, doesnt mean someone with his speed wont be able to blitz/slice people to pieces (assuming CIS off). Also Spider-man had no experience with throwing projectiles. And srill as Ricochet he was throwing little discs and KOing people Cap America style.

srankmissingnin
I think an Adamantium fire axe would be better. The learning curve on an axe isn't nearly as steep.

Tha C-Master
Halberds are the best, but the hardest to learn.

Black bolt z
Spider-man has taken Nick Fury captive in Stark Tower and blames him for the death of his family. He has sworn to kill anyone who might attempt to rescue him. Who would fail and who would succeed? And thats when I stopped reading.

twizzlers713
the only person in marvel universe with a chance is steve rogers. and batman haha

psycho gundam
Spider-man has taken Nick Fury captive in Stark Tower and blames him for the death of his family. He has sworn to kill anyone who might attempt to rescue him. Who would fail and who would succeed? the foreigner does it...twice (second time to beat his high score)

he also drinks some scotch during the fight

The MISTER
Originally posted by Black bolt z
And thats when I stopped reading. What, comics? smokin'

The MISTER
Really I started this wondering how much more of a threat he would be with a simple weapon like this. I don't really know how effective adamantium is on say, Hercules. I know Spider-man would have an extremely hard time winning a fight against Hercules without this sword but would having it make him a far more opponent in the Marvel world. His unique style is much like a ninja's already.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.