Aragorn vs Katsamoto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
Strictly a duel. Aragorn is in full Gondor armor and is wielding Anduril. Katsamoto is in Samurai armor and wields his Katana. Who wins?

Kick ass song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr3YFBEWwnE

Kaibs
-.- why would you spite Katsomoto in this... Just not right considering Ken is ****ing greatness.

Rogue Jedi
Aragorn, I think.

the ninjak
Aragon's feats have have killing armies! 100 dudes at a time.

A samurai on Katsamoto's level should always beat a longswordsman.

But Aragon was a freak!

BruceSkywalker
Aragorn has better feats

./thread

Rogue Jedi
Plus he's white.

NemeBro
Originally posted by the ninjak
A samurai on Katsamoto's level should always beat a longswordsman. Lol weaboo lies.

Aragorn crushes him.

the ninjak
what's weaboo lies?

NemeBro
Did you not see your post that I quoted?

the ninjak
Yeah Samurais win but Aragorn win this because he's a freak.

NemeBro
Only that was not a true statement, was weaboo lies.

the ninjak
More like broadsword and just plain sword.

Omega Vision
A katana isn't going to beat a European longsword 100/100, people need to stop cockriding Japanese weapons.

Anyway Aragorn wins.

Robtard
Originally posted by Omega Vision
A katana isn't going to beat a European longsword 100/100, people need to stop cockriding Japanese weapons.

B-but a Katana can cut a tank.

BruceSkywalker

Anyway Aragorn wins.

i own a katana.. just sayin is all big grin

jinXed by JaNx
Don't know why so many people assume that a Katana is automatically a better weapon than a broadsword. They're sharper yeah but that doesn't mean they're better at piercing armor besides, Broadswords are far more powerful than Katanas. If Katsamoto tried to block one of Aragorns direct attacks with his Katana chances are it would be knocked out of his hands. Either way, Aragorn is winning this 10/10 when considering his on screen feats.

atom1kyak
Well, I think katana would beat broadsword in reality--katsumoto vs some european fighter--but aragorn is a fricking elf thing, with a magical sword. So really, katsumoto can't win--but if he was in the LOtR series, would he really still be lugging around a simple metal sword?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by atom1kyak
Well, I think katana would beat broadsword in reality--katsumoto vs some european fighter--but aragorn is a fricking elf thing, with a magical sword. So really, katsumoto can't win--but if he was in the LOtR series, would he really still be lugging around a simple metal sword?
The katana isn't inherently better than a European broadsword in every category. And in reality Samurai weren't the unbeatable badasses fiction paints them as. There are historical examples of untrained peasants with improvised weapons defeating Samurai. Not to say the Samurai weren't formidable, but so were European knights.

So Samurai>>>European swordsman is something of a myth.

Aragorn isn't an elf lol. And it's not like magic swords were common in LOTR. The reason swords like Andruil, Glamdring, Orcrist, and Sting were so cool was that they were rare. Katsumoto would have to be pretty lucky to get his hands on a blade like one of those.

atom1kyak
Aragorn is part-elf thoug---after i realized what I typed, I almost went back and edited, but instead did some research (well, kind of--wikipedia). He's descended from elves. Thus, i stand by my term of elf thing.

also, the reason i give the edge to katana over european weapons is because of the folding ("Orikaeshi"wink method used by japanese swordsmiths, and not (i believe, although i'm having difficulty finding information for or against this assertion) well known by european swordmakers of the time.

that being said, it is somewhat ironic that anduril is specifically described as being made with this vaunted folding method, so it really makes my whole statement a moot point.

anyways, i stand by my opinion: katsumoto against some medieval knight, sure, he could win, although it wouldn't exactly be an ass-whooping. but aragorn? with anduril? no way.

Omega Vision
Aragorn is part-elf thoug---after i realized what I typed, I almost went back and edited, but instead did some research (well, kind of--wikipedia). He's descended from elves. Thus, i stand by my term of elf thing.

also, the reason i give the edge to katana over european weapons is because of the folding ("Orikaeshi"wink method used by japanese swordsmiths, and not (i believe, although i'm having difficulty finding information for or against this assertion) well known by european swordmakers of the time.

that being said, it is somewhat ironic that anduril is specifically described as being made with this vaunted folding method, so it really makes my whole statement a moot point.

anyways, i stand by my opinion: katsumoto against some medieval knight, sure, he could win, although it wouldn't exactly be an ass-whooping. but aragorn? with anduril? no way.
Yeah but its so watered down its hardly worth mentioning. Its like people who claim Native American heritage when they're white as paper and have blue eyes.

They might technically be right, but its little more than an interesting footnote.

atom1kyak
Yeah but its so watered down its hardly worth mentioning. Its like people who claim Native American heritage when they're white as paper and have blue eyes.

They might technically be right, but its little more than an interesting footnote.

.....so further correction would purely be clarification upon an already unimportant footnote, correct?

anyway, i wasn't trying to say that some sort of elven descent would make him more powerful. He's going to win, he's a figure from a fantasy world wielding a magical (and rare!) sword, against Katsumoto, a veteran samurai from the late 19th century.

Omega Vision
.....so further correction would purely be clarification upon an already unimportant footnote, correct?

anyway, i wasn't trying to say that some sort of elven descent would make him more powerful. He's going to win, he's a figure from a fantasy world wielding a magical (and rare!) sword, against Katsumoto, a veteran samurai from the late 19th century.
Katsumoto is also from a fantasy world.

A fantasy world where Japan looked to what was at the time a B-List military (America) for weapons and training rather than powers like Germany, France, and England (as they did IRL) and where a province of Japan (Satsuma) that was big on gunsmithing at the time was entirely for some reason devoid of guns.

atom1kyak
O.K., my bad--you're correct, the last samurai certainly doesn't accurately reflect the situation in Japan at that time (or at any time)

Now let us please return this thread to it's initial purpose, which is to debate the outcome of the stated scenario, instead of debating minor details which don't seem to directly bear upon the result.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.