Marvel's Golden Boy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CosmicComet
Marvel is tasked with coming up with a 616 universal level event in which they have to pick ONE person to be the sole savior.

Who would it be?

Silver Surfer
Thor
Hulk
Spiderman
Captain America
Wolverine
Iron Man

I think I got all of the true major names; all the guys who would be guaranteed to be able to carry their own monthly title.

Marvel may choose to balance realism with sales potential, or they may not. Just justify how they would come to a decision and who it would be.

Or, if you think they would choose someone else I missed, then say so.

Razior
I would love to see Hulk or Surfer

CosmicComet
I'd bet on Surfer I guess.

tbh I just don't have much faith in Thor anymore. He's become far too ordinary in his standing.

The Nuul
Thor is such a let down over the last few years, hes a jobber and too much CIS crap. SS takes this from the list. Quasar or Glads from off the list.

CosmicComet
Yeah, I expect his movie to tank too with how nonchalant Marvel has been about building Thor up for its release.

I'd rather Thor just die now in a blaze of glory and be brought back to life again down the road.

Quasar is cool pick from the lesser names. Glads...I just can't imagine Marvel picking him to do it. Probably because he's purple. lol.

CosmicComet
Bump

srankmissingnin
Spider-man...

Now someone go and photoshop Spider-man's head onto the body of Buddhist space monk Huge Jackman from The Fountain, as he is meditating in space and restarting the universe.

CosmicComet
bump.

Gecko4lif
Thor. Duh

rotiart
Spiderman gives up his relationship with Mary jane to rewrite time itself... By making a deal with the devil...

Omega Vision
Spider-Man. Thor isn't even close to number one when it comes to Marvel's commercial and artistic spotlight. Same with Surfer. In recent years pretty much all cosmics have been pushed to the fringes of Marvel's interests.

CosmicComet
Revenue wise Spiderman is definitely number 1 by far. But do you really think Marvel would push him as the sole savior for such a thing?

Hulk is probably a very distant 2nd place, but that isn't bad at all when you consider just how big the Spiderman name is. Wouldn't he be more likely a candidate just for the credible threat factor?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by CosmicComet
Revenue wise Spiderman is definitely number 1 by far. But do you really think Marvel would push him as the sole savior for such a thing?

Honestly? Yes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.